A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Is Odin in any way related by blood to Oberon? In what way? How about the Weird Sister trio and the trickster quartet are they related to him by blood?
I'm not getting into this now.
I was just wondering Who did Xanatos vote for in this last election Bush or Clinton?
Clinton didn't run.
Right heres the deal im not the worlds biggest fan but then if i was the chances of me asking this would be pretty slim. Puck as a kid of Oberon is supseptable to only one materail (or so im lead to believe)i was wondering if you could tell me wat it is or at least if it was ever mentioned. Sorry if i sound pushy but can't think of a better way of putting it. Thanks for your help.
You don't sound pushy -- just a bit portentious.
Puck isn't Oberon's kid literally, you know that right?
Anyway, Puck is vulnerable to iron. Is that what you meant?
When will the episodes after "TURF" be shown on Toon Disney in England? I'm a die hard fan but I need more. I need to see the journey and so on because I love the Goliath/Elisa thing. Hit me back Hun. Thanks for a great show!
I don't have any idea, I'm afraid, when they schedule anything. I don't even get Toon Disney in my neighborhood.
Was there a point To Xanatos finding out that Goliath was missing in "Kingdom" other than to prove that Brooklen is a good desision maker? Xanatos did meet up with Goliath in Arazona, but that seemed to be a coincidence that he turned to his advantage in finding Cyotie (the trickster, not the robot :^). Was this a point you wanted to expand more on?
Yes, it was. Never got to it, unfortunately.
But there's an untold story in there somewhere.
Did you know that the Captain Atom you knew and wrote about has been retconned to a quantum clone of Nathaniel Adams?
Geez, that's original. How Swamp Thing.
No, I didn't know. Feel free to stop telling me things now, Mutai.
Did you have any part in the writing of Armageddon 2001 where Captain Atom was to become the evil dictator Monarch/Extant(that was later given to Hawk once someone leaked it)? If so did it influence your writing of Future Tense where Lexington was to become the dictator of New York?
PS You should see the new General Eiling who is now presently in the body of the Shaggy Man.
No. I had left Captain Atom a few issues before that mess began. My last issue was #50.
And I'd heard that they did that to Eiling. It's a travesty, frankly. I don't know who did it, but it's someone who had no respect for the character that Cary and I created.
did you ever consider involving "The Daily Tattler" in an episode beyond Hyena and Xanatos's brief mentioning of it?
will "The Daily Tattler" play any role in any spin-off?
i'm also really curious where you'll put this question in the archives, it doesn't fit any categories i don't think, oh well... :)
Eventually, it would have had a larger role. Eventually everything does.
And, geez, I have so many categories now, I can't hold them all on one screen. There must be somewhere to put it.
This ones been bugin me for a while!
So if money is not a nessasary evil in the gargoyles universe, how does goliath's clan get their food? Does Elisa not mind providing for them, or do they steal it even though they seem to have some respect for human laws. Or do they get ALL their energy from the sun and eating is just a comfort that they indulge in?
Didn't I just not answer this yesterday?
before the Wyvern Massacre did the Trio have any love interest among their peers? any "girlfriends" or whatever gargoyles have? esspecially Brooklyn, was Maggie his first crush or has we just seen the last two of a series of Brooklyn crushes?
I'm not telling at this time.
I don't know if this is true, or a part of TGC, or what, but I herd somewhere that the Quarrymen were funded by the Illuminati. Reckless gargoyle smashing dosn't seem like the kind of thing Illuminati would invest in to me. Could you tell me:
1)is this true
2)if it is, what are their motives in it?
2. Balance and need.
Are there any people in the gargoyles univers, born and raised in present day that,m for one reason or another practice magic
oh, and why did Gliath tell the trio to take Bronx down to the rookery with them when they got in trouble in "Awakening Part 1"?
He seemed to be part of the disturbance.
1. are beast egss different from regular garg eggs in any way? like size, color, markings, texture, etc.
2. are most gargoyle rookeries pretty similar? a dark, humid cave as we saw in "Awakening"?
3. what was that smily green stuff that who-would-be-Broadway find and eat on the rookery wall?
4. what was causing the rookery to glow? was it that grenn smily stuff?
5. do all gargoyle eggs look like each other among the different clans? would a wise gargoyle be able to tell the difference between a London garg egg and a Guatemalan garg egg for instance?
2. More or less.
3. Uh, mold?
5. I doubt it.
are there any gargs out there who can naturally fly or are there any that perhaps have a rare talent among gargs and are able to fly?
oh, and this excludes the Coldtrio, Goliath with the Eye of Odin, and any other gargoyles inhanced by science or magic, i mean fly under their own natural power!
geeez, with you i always have to cover my bases... you're a sly one.
Not that I know of.
Why is it that after Iago was sucked into the "vortex" he was not destroyed by the virus? Are souls just not as easy to get rid of as xanatos program? And why did he not have "the power" to come between Othello and Des? Does that just mean he couldn't fool Othello anymore?
You answered your own questions.
All right, some more since it doesn't look like my others will be awnsered for a while.
How did Xanatos know to look for Coldstone in the Himalayas?
He built Coldstone's cybernetic parts. He has a means of tracking them.
You mentioned once that you somewhat regretted calling the fay in "Gargoyles" "Oberon's Children", because that led some of the audience to get the wrong impression, and believe that the fay were Oberon's biological offspring. Actually, I was recently watching my tape of "Heritage", and noted a strong piece of evidence for Oberon not being the biological father of them (or at least not all of them). In the episode, Raven describes Grandmother as his cousin. That would certainly indicate that they are not biological siblings and therefore do not share a common father in that sense. So the series does have something to make it clear (for the observant) that the faeries aren't Oberon's children in that sense. I just thought that you'd like to know.
Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of it.
But it still doesn't change the fact that when you first hear the phrase, it's a touch misleading.
But so is fae or fay. It doesn't adequately cover the concept as far as I'm concerned.
Who were the giants, centaur and winged horse that we saw in Gathering? Would they be featured in future stories?
Are any of the races stronger than any others?
It seems the Children of Oberon are much more powerful than humans or gargoyles. But, for some reason, i always thought that with all strengths and weaknesses added up, the races were pretty much equal.
Is this at all true?
I'm not sure what you mean by strength. And in any case, I'm not big on quantifying this sort of thing.
*I meant traits not trip in my last question
I still don't understand.
1) Do any of the three races hace any personality trip that they lean towards?
2) If so, what are they?
I don't understand this question.
Is the god of Judaism, Christianity and Islam a fay in the gargoyles universe?
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, no.
But to be honest, I personally don't see GOD that way, so your questions is almost impossible to answer in the form you've stated it.
befor ethe Wyvern massacre, did the trio often seem to get in touble? when Goliath approached them in the courtyard and said, "you three! down to the rookery until i return..." it seemed as if this wasn't the first time they had caused trouble or at least not the first time Goliath had yelled at them... were they troublemakers of a sort among the clan?
They got into their fair share.
you said that Tom, Katherine, and the Magus tried to raise the eggs in the gargoyle way as best they knew from experience and any information the Magus had, etc.
so, Tom knew that gargoyles don't use names, he had that whole conversation with who would become Brook and Lex (btw, i love this scene) so why did they give the eggs names? were they just too human to resist the temptation? did the three humans all agree to give them names or did one or two of them not want to name the gargs?
Tom may have objected at first, but with us poor humans, I think it's just too hard. I can't see Katharine having that kind of patience. Even the new improved Katharine. And once she and the Magus starting using them, then Tom and the gargoyles themselves aren't far behind.
By now the 2198 contest has probabyl ended so a few questions
1.Why doesn't Oberon involve himself in the war afterall the head of his honor guard has been taken hostage along with Titania's grandson?
2.What ever happened to Natsilane's parents?
3.Is the Delilah, Samson and Zafiro relationship in anyway like that of the trio? Who exactly is Samson's mate going to be?
4.What is the proper name for the Space-Spawn
5.How did Coyote become so devious?
1. Are you sure Oberon is still alive?
2. I'm not answering this now.
3. Well, there are three of them. But no two groups are exactly the same. Samson likes Delilah. Delilah likes Samson. But whether they ever become mates is an open question.
4. As opposed to Space-Spawn?
5. Iron supplements.
Goliath asks the Magus to turn him to stone because now he is "truly alone" as he said. Granted he did lose all of his current friends but didn't he know that there were other gargs in scottland? And he said they eggs were about to hatch, so why didn't he stick around for them?
To put it unkindly, he was suicidally depressed. He needed intervention in a big way. Fortunately for Hudson, Bronx and the Trio (not to mention Elisa) he didn't get it.
I fist saw the show back in 1994 when I was nine years old and I've been a fan ever since.
I love the Goliath/Elisa story line - its the reason why I fell in love with the show. Just a few questions that have been bugging me...
1) I know that this is just a hypothetical (hope I spelt that correctly) question - please indulge me - but if Elisa had been alive in 994, who would Goliath have chosen to be mates with, Elisa or Demona?
2) I'm not trying to be crude, honest I'm not, but can Goliath and Elisa have sex? And would they plan to try it?
Ok, thank you in advance.
1. Probably Demona. It took extreme circumstances for Goliath to look at Elisa in that way. Doesn't mean his heart didn't go out to her sooner. But his head needed some catch up time.
Having said that, I'm not too fond of hypotheticals.
2. There are many ways for two adults to express their love and give each other pleasure. Eventually... eventually... they would experiment.
You've already given away that Morgana is a changeling. Have any other changelings appeared in the series? Will any appear in the spinoffs you've planned?
1.Why can't Oberon and Merlin get along? Whose fault is it?
2.Does Merlin recognize Oberon as his father?
3.How many other children did Oberon have with mortals? Care to give the names of his children?
1. Did I say they don't get along?
3. Not confirming or denying any others at this time.
is the Magus related to the Archmage?
Not by blood.
Hi! I'm a long time fan of _Gargoyles_, but it's been a *looooong* time since I've asked a question here. But looking at some not-so-old answers I just have to ask a couple. I hope this has not been directly asked yet, as it seems to have been skirted.
1) You have mentioned on several occasions that Lexington would have a mate, but have been sketchy on the question of children. This on top of the fact that you answered questions about Brooklin's mate and biological children. This leads me to simply have to ask and I am prepared to take a smart-ass answer if I am *WAAAAAAAAY* in left field here...
Was Lexington going to have a girlfriend?
2) How was Lex going to meet his mate anyway? Just curious there! ^.^
There are some secrets I still want to keep or skirt or whatever.
3.How are they connected to the monster? Is it symbiotic relationship?
They are protectors. (We're still talking about the Loch Ness clan, right?)
1.Do the gargoyles in Loch Ness look scottish like our protagonists?
2.Where do they live in Loch Ness?
2. Largely in caves.
My next question has to do with the wierd sisters. Is their big subterfudge to get demona and macbeth just come down to an evil wizard who wants world domination? It is an effective way to intoduce avalon and the coming battle, but it seemed during city of stone that their intrest in Demona & Macbeth was someting more. Did they have other plans for them and, if you don't mind reveling your secrets, what were they?
I do mind. But yes. There are wheels within wheels.
Which doesn't mean that what you saw in Avalon wasn't true.
But all things are true.
How old was Anastasia Renard biologically and chronologically by the time of Yhe Gathering?
I don't know how to answer that.
been a while since i posted, but have no fear, i'm back!
more clan questions too:
1. does the Mayan clan have any remaining relationship with the remnants of the Mayan people still living in central America?
2. about what percentage of the pre-massacre Mayan clan had Zafiro's snake-like body structure? 10%? 25%? 75%?
3. do YOU know who exactly destroyed the Mayan clan and stole the Sun Amulet? it seems to me that it happened sometime in the last fifty or so years and it would of had to been by someone who knows about gargoyles... why else would they bother to destroy them? so if you do know who is responsible, can and will you tell us?
4. are any of the four surviving clan members knowledgeable in astronomy as the ancient Mayan people were?
5. what was the purpose of the pyramid that the Mayan people built that the gargoyles now inhabit? was it ceremonial or used for astonomy or sacrifices or built specifically for the gargs?
6. before the Goliath and co. showed up in Guatemala in "The Green" did the Mayan clan know of any other garg clans? did they think they were the last and only gargoyles?
1. Any? Sure.
2. I'm not big on quantifying those kinds of things.
3. I know exactly when. It was stated in the episode as fairly recent. And yes, I have a fairly good idea who was responsible.
4. Uh, sure.
5. Uh, yes.
6. They were not in contact, but they might not have had as much reason to believe they were the only ones left. But that's a good question.
You said that you had plans for an episode where Zafiro was to come to New York to retrieve the Sun Amulet. My questions are how does he know that it is in New York and how does he get there?
um, this is a long shot but did costintine pass his crown to Duncan? Was he is father? if not what were the circumstances of the crown getting from on to the other
Time and history.
Constantine lost his crown to Kenneth III, the nephew of Kenneth II. Kenneth III lost his crown to Maol Chalvim, whom we met briefly in "Avalon, Part One". Duncan and Macbeth were both grandsons of that Maol Chalvim.
The mirror of my G2198 page is at:
because the original should be disappearing soon.
Eh, I suppose I could make another wrong guess for the pile so this isn't just non-question clutter.
This is in response to Magnolia/Kkatman's question about the contest, which I'm hoping is moot by the time you see this because the contest will have ended.
I have a section on my pages dedicated to the G2198 contest (http://crossroads.dragonmists.org/fantasy/central/gnc_store.html#contest), where I have almost all of the already guessed answers listed for the two remaining unknowns. Ray Kremer (http://bobcat.bradley.edu/~rkremer/garg/) and Aris (http://users.otenet.gr/~katsaris/g2198.htm) have sites that have the G2198 blanks filled in to where we currently stand.
And I've filled in the blanks on the G2198 contest archive.
Ok, I think i'm outa worthwhile questions for the moment so i'll just make a comment about the show. One thing I really like about gargoyles (besides the great music, animation, story and characters) is it's hudge vocabulary. I remember when I was younger, the show taught me to use some cool words such as: subterfuge, cataclisim, clishe, abomination and many others that I can't think of right now. Just thought I'd mention someting that i thinks gone unmentioned.
Great work yall!
Thanks. That's very gratifying to the eyes of this old English Teacher.
(Now if I could just get you all to proofread.)
If any of your spin-offs went through, do you think you would be able to get all the same voice cast back?
Largely. Getting Roddy McDowell or Ed Gilbert might be tough.
You said that Yama is blackmailed into joining the Squad. What does the Director hold that is able to force Yama to join the Squad?
The secret of Ishimura.
Thanks for responding to my questions. I've written about four novels, but none of them have been accepted. Maybe it's my style of writting I don't know...but perhaps we can help each other in this matter. Would it be all right if I sent you a story on this web page despite it being against your guidelines...I'd like someone to read it, and since it's about Max Steel I thought you would be the more appropiate person to send it to. Just take a look and if you like it then perhaps we can colabrate on something.
I appreciate the sincerity of the offer. But I'm afraid I'm not interested for a score of reasons. Here are the main ones:
1. Max Steel generally is a painful topic for me. I'm quite less than anxious to see anyone else's version of that character.
2. I don't know you. You may be a great guy. Or you may be law suit happy. Even if you are the former, if I break my rule for you, than someone else who is law suit happy can claim that sometimes I break my rules and that I must have broken it for him or her.
3. I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for a new collaborator. My brother and I are collaborating on a screenplay. But working with him is like working with my second self. Otherwise, generally, I prefer to gut it out on my own.
Having said all that, I wish you all the best with your work. If writing is your passion, then stick with it.
How does Nokkar's race reproduce? Are they asexual?
Not going into that now.
Was the Lost race like the children of Oberon and Gargoyles derived from legends and myths?
I've lost the answer to that question.
1.Is one of the factors that Una was the leader of the London clan because she knew how to use magic?
2.What kind of magical stuff does Una sell in her ship?
1. Probably didn't hurt.
2. She doesn't have a ship.
1.Why does the Director hate the Illuminati?
2.How does he know of it?
3.What nationality is the Director?
4.What kind of a civil servant is he?
5.Does he know of Mr.Duval?
1. Hate's a strong word.
4. A talented one.
Will the gargoyles series ever be available on DVD?
I hope so.