A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Are there other sentient races living on the Earth besides fay,halflings,humans and gargoyles?
If so could you name them.?
And the New Olympians (though they're a spin-off race of the fae).
Hi Greg I read yor response to Ed's Nokar questions on February 24 and it got me thinking.
1. How good of a sentinal is Nokar? Has his survellance equipment been updated over the passed 3000 years? If not then have any space spawn infiltrated Earth without him knowing.
2. So who did we find at Roswel: Nokar's race, the Space Spawn, or another race.
3. Are the Illuminati aware of Nokar's presence? I imagine since they have their hands in everyhing that the Iluminati would have the very detailed archives concerning aliens and UFOs.
4. Considering that the Space Spawn want to attack earth and conquer humanity, would Demona regard them as allies (the enemy of my enemy...)?
1. No updating, but no infiltration. (Keep in mind, most of his equipment is directed "OUT THERE"...)
2. NO COMMENT.
3. Nokkar arrived before the Illuminati was founded.
4. Who said the Space Spawn wants to attack Earth and conquer humanity? Who says the Space Spawn has ever heard of Earth?
Okay, let me ask the 'faster-than-light' question in a different way: As far as I know, current scientific theory holds that all faster-than-light travel is to some extent time-travel as well, which can lead to paradoxes, etc.
So... my question is: In your universe is there faster-than-light travel which is *not* time-travel in any sense?
Even faster than light travel isn't instantaneous (though it may seem to be depending on the distance travelled). So by definition, any journey takes one not only through space but also through time. Forward, at least.
I realize that isn't the kind of answer you were looking for.
And that amuses me.
Some 'Gargoyles 2158' questions:
1. Do any of three races mainly involved in the galactic war have knowledge of magic's existence? Would they consider it to be superstition (like most humans)? Would they know it exists and works, but not how (like the protagonists of the series)? Would they have researched it and elevated it to the level of science?
In short, what's their attitude towards magic?
2. Is the third species you spoke of allied to Nokkar's race? To the space-spawn? None of the above?
3. Is there a specific point of dispute between the warring sides, or is it simply a war of aggression, one wanting to conquer all, and the other side opposing it?
1. Initially, I wouldn't be dealing with Alien Magic. It's a pretty sophisticated concept. Eventually, I would have enjoyed bringing it in. As for their beliefs, I think Owen said it best: "Energy is Energy." Or to the Space-Spawn, "Power is power."
2. It's complicated.
3. Ditto. Though initially vis-a-vis Earth in 2158 it will play as a territory grab.
Nokkar is trapped on Earth with no way of knowing how his people (or his enemies) are doing or even if they are still alive.
1. Does he still believe that they are out there?
2. Does he believe he will ever regain contact in his lifetime?
3. Does he have a family or relations that he has left behind?
2. Yes. He has renewed faith after "Sentinel".
1. Do you believe intelligent life exists outside of Earth?
2. Did Goliath and Elisa believe it before they met Nokkar?
1. How could it not?
2. Elisa would probably have responded as I did, which doesn't mean she believed in U.F.O.'s. Honestly, I'm not sure if Goliath ever gave it any thought.
I'll be blunt: Is there faster-than-light space travel in the Gargoyles universe?
Yes and no.
So... is there faster-than-light travel or faster-than-light communications in the Gargoyles Universe? :-)
Again, the phrasing of the question makes it difficult to answer.
If you're asking me whether a species exists anywhere in the Gargoyles Universe that can get from point A to point B faster than light could conventionally travel the distance between those points, then the answer is yes.
For example... ever hear of the Phoenix Gate?
Is the Space Spawn really the name of their race?
It's Nokkar's race's perjorative term for them.
Hi Mr. Wiesman,
the first of my questions was asked by another person,but because the post it was in was so long you didn't answer it. I wanted to know the answer so i thought I'd post it again.
ok, here they go:
1)Is there faster-than-light travel in the Gargoyles universe? faster-than-light communications? If yes, why is Nokkar so isolated and uninformed about outside happenings?
2) ok, originally someone asked you what made Anubis connected to death. Your answer was "Fay are tied to the pure magic of Earth. Individual fay have different 'connections', just as individual humans have different talents, etc. Anubis and other "death gods" come by it naturally". My question is this:
a) Does Alex have any special connection? any particular magical talent that he comes by naturally?
b)if so, what is it?
well, thanks in advance for your time.
1. Actually, I did answer this in the sense that I rejected the form of the question. It's a two-part question that assumes a connection that doesn't exist.
And per our new rules, you'll have to resubmit your other questions (as they are on unrelated topics) as separate posts.