A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg, thanks for taking your time to answers questions about your shows, im sure I speak for everyone when I say it's great to have that communication w someone who is in charge of something I love so much. I just have a couple quick questions for you, which hopefully havent been answered yet. I've seen you sort of touch them a bit but not a specific answer yet.
You say that you Chose Dick and Wally to join the Young Justice team because they were the first incarnations to don their respective titles. My question is, being that that's the case, what made you choose Kaldur to helm the title of Aqualad rather than Garth, who was the original in the comics? Was it based soley on a desire for diversity on the team, or was it because you wanted to elaborate on your orignal ideas for the character of Kaldur?
If it was a desire for diversity, I've noticed you used the Brain and Monsieur Mallah as villains in the show (who were gay in the comics). My question is would you consider putting a gay character on the TEAM roster? Maybe Bunker from the current teen titans lineup, or even creating a new one much like you did with Kaldur (whom I love).
hopefully I didn't come off arrogant, I just had to ask those, and tell you how much I love the show and hope it continues to thrive. keep up the good work!!
1. It was a combination of factors, including diversity. We also had an opportunity to create an origin cleanly with Kaldur, and really point up the alternate universeness of Earth-16, by showing the "path not taken" by Garth in it. We also had freedom, since Garth was (at the time, at least) deceased in the DCU. Compare that to Robin, for example. Tim's origin makes no sense if Dick didn't come first. NO SENSE.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
You've said before that you like to partake in mental casting for characters that you never got to animate in Gargoyles. Did you do this as well for Spectacular Spider-Man's unmade third season, and if so, any chance you could tell me what voice actors you had in mind for the new characters?
Well, Marina Sirtis for Emily Osborn. I can't think of any others off the top of my head. And mostly, I don't do that 'mental casting' until after I've written (or edited) a script, so that I have a character's 'voice' in my head. Since we never wrote any scripts, I probably didn't pre-cast much.
Hello Mr. Weisman,
It's me once again. I've got a new set of questions that came up on my mind today.
1. After the Justice League was formed in 2003, what circumstances led the other nine members to join during the following seven years? I know you might not like to get into big details (or perhaps, there are details that you might have already given), but Iâm interested to know because the circumstances were probably different for each member. Also, why were these particular heroes made official Justice League members and not anyone else? Hopefully, there should be an in-universe explanation for this.
2. You have mentioned that both Vandal Savage and Raâs al Ghul were both heroes at one point in their lives, although I donât what they did to be recognized as such. If that were true, then what exactly happened to make them walk away from that and become the villains that we, the fans, know in the present?
3. According to a response to someoneâs posting, Hawkman and Hawkwomanâs names are Katar Hol and Shayera Thal respectively. Now assuming they reincarnate every time they die on Earth-16, shouldnât their names be Carter Hall and Shiera Sanders Hall respectively in the present day or is there an in-universe explanation for the name change? Honestly, I think I might be getting myself confused hereâ¦
4. Iâve come to understand that the theme of Season One of Young Justice is about secrets and lies. Iâve also read the preview summaries of all the episodes that appear on the month of March. Based on everything Iâve read, am I correct to assume that The Team must overcome ALL secrets and lies they are keeping from each other in order to become stronger (both individually and as a team) and face whatever comes their way in the Season One Finale and in Season Two? You probably might not answer this question, but in my opinion, that is what I believe. What do you think about it?
5. Not including the legal reasons (or whatever reason you may have), is there an Earth-16 in-universe explanation as to why certain DC characters/teams will not/have not appeared on the show/comic? For example, is the in-universe reason a team such as Justice League International has not been established on Earth-16 because the original Justice League is a recent superhero team (lasting for seven years and still going), and therefore the United Nations would have no need for the establishment of the JLI because the circumstances normally involved in its establishment have not yet occurred?
Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. As always,keep up the good work, man!
1. Of course, there's an in-universe explanation. But these are stories your asking for. And this isn't the forum where I'm going to tell stories.
2. They don't consider themselves villains now.
3. I think you are.
4. I think I'll leave it to your interpretation.
5. It is what it is. Don't look to the traditional DC Universe - since rebooted - and make assumptions.
Were the Wonder Twins in the list of teenage heroes you considered for the show?
Yes. Pretty much every teen hero you can think of was.
Three questions representative of the split and merging of worlds in "Misplaced":
Where was Wolf? Was he on the world of adults, the world of kids, both, or neither?
When the worlds merged again, what happened to the airplane? Did it end up crashed in the ocean because it lost its pilot mid-flight, or is it still safely parked at the airport because it never took off?
If Zatarra had donned the Helm of Fate while the worlds were still split (and while Zatanna was wearing the helm in the world without grown-ups), would Nabu have ended up possessing both of them? And what would have happened when the worlds merged again?
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hi,just wanted to ask you a few questions about Wonder Woman.
1)When did she leave Themyscira?
2)When did she become Wonder Woman and start fighting crime?
3)Does she have a homebase city, and if she does, what city is it?
1. Which time?
2. 1941, originally.
3. If you're talking about in the United States, Washington, D.C.
How long has Captain Marvel been a hero in the YJ universe?
As of the end of "Auld Acquaintance" - three years.