A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Was the parallel between there being seven founding members of the Justice League and Light having seven members intentional?
In the non-canonical Spectacular Spider-Man/Gargoyles three act radio play crossover, was Mary Jane Watson starting to fall in love with Peter?
By the way, enjoyed reading the script for the radio play. It was amusing.
PETER: That was almost the Look! :D
1. Is Tigress primarily an archer?
1 a. If not, why'd Artemis decide not to be an archer anymore? (I'm referring to blonde, hero version of Tigress for both questions.)
2. Are Earth-16 Billy Batson and Mary Bromfield twin siblings?
1. It's one of her skills.
1a. She's still an archer. But she uses other talents as well.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Why did Tye's eyes change color?
The fourth trade paperback isout, prompting me to get it and reread it. Digital's nice, but I'm a sucker for paper. Which means double royalties for you :)
1. Icon was removed from the cover of #21, seemingly last-minute-ish. I noticed the version with Icon was used as the back cover, and also in the cover gallery in the back. Has anything changed with the legal issues, or was that an oversight of whoever deals with trade paperbacks at DC?
* Several of the LexCorp guards in the room guarding Match were trapped in the force field - they couldn't move, their head, feet and hands were glued to the sphere. What happened to them when the sphere started shrinking?
For the record, I've yet to see any royalties from the YJ comics. Not that I expected any. The bar is set pretty high. And I was paid for my work. Anyway...
1. Honestly, to this day, I have no idea what the deal was with that. Don't know why they forced us to remove Icon and Rocket from the story. Don't know why he now appears.
2. I think you're misinterpreting the art (or I'm misinterpreting your question). They are lying unconscious ON the sphere. They're trapped within its volume, but they're not stuck in their energy, and nothing is glued to anything. They're not moving because they're unconscious. When the sphere shrinks, they'll shrink with it.
If it hadn't been for Young Justice, I would have committed suicide before I left high school.
I'm in community college now. Thank you for creating this.
Whoa... uh, you're welcome. But if you're even vaguely serious then PLEASE make sure you talk to someone. Even now. Please.
I once asked:
"Does your version of Despro have telepathic powers like in the comics, or can he do anything other than paralize with his third-eye? If he does have telepathic powers, why didn't he "hear" the conversation between Miss Martian and Guardian? Was it because he didn't have his third-eye open at the time?"
And you responded:
"You're assuming that his paralytic power isn't telepathic in nature. You're assuming that all telepaths operate on the exact same frequency. Neither of those are safe assumptions."
Actually I did assume his paralizing others was a mental ability...maby I should have stated my question more clearly.
What I meant to ask is:
Does he have any mental powers other than paralization, specifically communicating telepathically?
I guess I was kind of assuming that all telepathy would opperatin on the same "frequency."
Can you elaborate on this?
1) Psimon has no problem knowing when Ms. Martian is using her powers or getting into her mind. Do they operate on the same frequency, then?
2) Can telepaths change frequencies?
3) Do all martians operate on the same frequency?
4) Is the frequency the telepath operates on related to how powerful they are? (ie do more powerful telepaths operate on higher frequencies?)
1. Psimon is adept at altering his frequency to match others. Despero can too, but he considers himself above the need to listen most of the time.
2. Some can. Some can't.
So in my car, I've been listening to the audio book of Michael Chabon's novel: TELEGRAPH AVENUE, read by the amazing Clarke Peters (of THE WIRE and TREME). I'm a little over halfway through the book, which is set (largely) in a used record store in Oakland in 2008 and revolves around a diverse cast of characters. It's full of all sorts of pop cutlure references, but I was still pretty stunned when suddenly the narrator starts talking about GARGOYLES. Not generic gargoyles, but our GARGOYLES televsion series.
I was going to try to cut and paste the section here, but Amazon won't allow that. So you can check it out yourself here: http://www.amazon.com/Telegraph-Avenue-Novel-Michael-Chabon/dp/006149335X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=09RDPEC6XPYS8K9E3CQR
Or better yet, buy the book. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but so far it's definitely worth the price of admission.
The GARGOYLES' references begin on or about p. 293. (At least on the Amazon Look Inside function.) It's all pretty cool, and very specific. Though Keith David isn't mentioned by name, Goliath is, and his amazing voice is referenced, along with Goliath's backstory, etc. The character seems to have been part of a significant moment in the life of Julie Jaffe, one of the many protagonists of Chabon's book.
Chabon's written many books, including two particular favorites of mine: THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF KAVALIER & CLAY and THE YIDDISH POLICEMEN'S UNION. So the fact that our little series registers with him is fairly gratifying.
I am happy to announce that Funimation will be releasing the Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor Season 4 DVD set officially on Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor not only has all 12 episodes of season 4, but also includes the bonus 90 minute movie, Ikki Tousen in Kyoto, and some amazing commentaries by many of members of the cast. I recorded one, but I don't know if they used it. (Sadly, they couldn't include everyone's commentary on the DVD, but they are making them all available online).
It was fun revisiting the character of Sousou. I hope you check it out!
In the scene where Dudley disappeared before Billy's eyes at the start of "Misplaced", was the girl playing on the street outside (the girl whose mother disappeared) Mary Bromfield?
Honestly, that never crossed my mind. I'd have to look at the model again to see if that made sense.