A Station Eight Fan Web Site
A) Does Roy Harper suffer from chronic phantom limb pain?
B) Is he going to college?
C) Does have a father-son relationship with Ollie?
A. I don't know. I believe I'd have to do some research to answer that.
B. No spoilers.
C. Basically. Whereas, say, Clark and Conner really settled on a fraternal bond. And Bruce has a clear paternal bond with Dick. Ollie and Roy are somewhere in the middle.
This is just a few quick questions:
1) Who was Tara's guardian during s3? I know Gregor became hers afterwards, but she needed someone listed as her guardian when attending school
2) Who's Violet's guardian?
3) Who is/was Foragers?
Hoping none of these are spoilers, and have a great Halloweekend!
1. That's a good question. Brion, maybe. It's unusual for someone under 18 to get that gig. But given their unique circumstances it might've been allowed.
2. My knee-jerk reaction was Artemis, but thinking about it, maybe it was Will.
3. Megan, maybe?
As you've probably gleaned, this just never came up before now. I haven't thought about it much.
1 Was jace already insane before ultra humanite mentored her?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes, did he mentor her because of her insanity since he thought she would be easy to control?
3 What does ultra humanite think of her insanity?
4 Was there a specific reason you picked ultra humanite as a member of the light?
5 When did ultra humanite mentor jace
1. "Insane" isn't a technical term, so it's hard to answer.
2. I think he admired her scientific mind. The fact that neither let any pesky societal standards of morality stand in the way of their scientific goals probably didn't hurt.
3. I'm not comfortable with that word.
4. Yes. He seemed like the best possible replacement for the Brain.
Does J'onn still talk to the family that disowned J'ann? Considering he's related to them n all. Does Em'ree, or do any of M'ganns other siblings?
Also, do all martians have names starting with the same letter as their siblings? (stretching that even further, does that have anything to do with the letter of their dad's name? Considering M'att -> M'gann, M'comm, M'ree)
1. J'onn's family is truly enormous. I wouldn't want to say he speaks to none of them. But he chose sides.
2. Em'ree, M'gann and the rest of the siblings have no real relationship with their mother's side of the family.
3. It's common but not an absolute rule.
Thank you VERY much for answering my Z-designation questions. The designation ordering is a small part of the show but one that has always interested me. The little touches of world-building throughout YOUNG JUSTICE are one of my favorite things about the show, and I can only imagine how much unseen work goes into fleshing out the universe you and Brandon have created. And I completely understand that the G- and Z-series were special cases, and have no expectations for seeing the other fulls lists unveiled. Discovering them as the show goes along is half the fun!
One question I do have spinning out of the Z-designation ask though is Katana's numbering. It is what prompted me to ask that question in the first place. My general understanding of the designation assignments (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that when multiple heroes join at once, they are given their numbers in the order that they debuted as heroes. But Hardware (Z-04) was designated before Katana (Z-05), despite you having stated that Hardware debuted in Team Year Five with Katana debuting in Team Year Three -- in Japan. So my question is...
1A. Was Hardware's debut year a mistake?
1B. Was Katana's designation based on when she debuted in America instead of Japan?
1C. Or perhaps most likely, did Batman simply recruit his team in different batches, quietly assigning designations in multiple waves?
While I hope this would only apply to the defunct Z-series you have agreed to unveil, if any of it touches upon still present spoilers, I completely understand if you cannot answer at this time.
As always, I wish you, Brandon, and the team the best on completing production for the final episodes of Season 4, and thank you for continuing to keep up with the queue as the current season is airing! Very excited for the Artemis arc and only still crying a little bit after the "Involuntary" ending. (Okay, a lot bit.)
Oh, and I'll be helping to moderate the Reddit AMA on 11/2 -- so if you only get to this question after that -- a huge thank you to you and Brandon for answering even more questions there!
It reflected their order in joining the League, which doesn't necessarily reflect how long they've been "out" as heroes.
And thanks for helping out!
Hi Greg, hope your doing well.
1.Has Zatanna ever dated someone else after breaking up with Dick ?
2. Has Dick dated someone else after breaking up with Zatanna and before dating Barbara ?
3. Had Dick and Zatanna ever wondered to set back together after breaking up ?
4. Had they ever regret they break up ?
Thanks for your time !
1. Technically, that's a spoiler request, but the obvious answer is yes. So... yes.
2. Dick's dated a lot of people. Some of whom he's had more than one go 'round with. So that just becomes a complicated question to answer while still avoiding spoilers.
3. There's clearly at least one typo in here, and maybe two. So I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. But if you're asking whether or not the THOUGHT has eve crossed their minds, I think the answer must be yes.
4. Depends what you mean by regret. Regret with a capital R? No. With a lower-case r? Sure. We all have moments of regret.
Is Saturn Girl as powerful and skilled a telepath as M'gann?
She's up there. One of the few who can hold her own.
Hello there Greg,
So Young Justice Phantoms did a surprise premiere, without any warning, and while that was great isn't it a little concerning?
There was absolutely no marketing for this and yet it dropped anyway. I'm concerned that the little to no advertisement this season got is going to hurt its chances of getting renewed for a fifth season because there was no hype and people don't know it premeired or where it premeired. Are you at all concerned that this lack of marketing is going to hurt the show's future? Is there any way for you or us to know if it has affected viewership significantly or if this season has shown some strong numbers?
I'm not sure what you expect me to say. These were decisions made way above my paygrade. But the folks at WB, DC & HBO aren't in the business of throwing away money. Folks can agree or disagree with their strategies, but rest assured that they believed that this was what was best for the series.
However, what you do need to remember is that this isn't a broadcast show. It's streaming. Who shows up to watch on the first day isn't as important as it used to be. As long as we #SpreadTheWord and make sure everyone knows to #KeepBingingYJ on @hboMax, it's still possible to #SaveEarth16.
If teekl was destroyed would klarion be permanently banished or only temporarily?
Depends on how things played out. By now, I'm hoping you've seen how things played out. If not... um... what are you waiting for?
What other animated DC films are also considered "Young Justice-adjacent" besides "Catwoman: Hunted" and "DC Showcase: Green Arrow"?
None, I don't think. Am I forgetting something?
Did you make an arc about mars in phantoms specifically so you could save money on talking animation or was that something you already wanted to explore regardless of that? Or both?
Okay, (a), it doesn't save us any money. It saves the animators time, but we pay Studio Mir the same amount either way. It's not a budget issue, though I won't deny it doesn't hurt to have one less thing to worry about getting right.
And (b), the Mars arc was always planned. And we felt the time was right to explore M'gann's homeworld.
I'm in awe of how good Young Justice: Phantoms is so far, you and Brandon have certainly knocked it out of the ballpark again! I have two small questions that correlate to both Outsiders and Phantoms.
1.) What was the in-universe reason for Tim Drake to change his Robin outfit to the variation with the hooded cape? I personally thought it was a really cool-looking addition to the character's costume. In Phantoms, why did he choose to ditch the hood for an outfit more along the lines of his Invasion appearance?
2.) What was the in-universe reason for Cassie Sandsmark to trade in her original Wonder Girl outfit for a newer variation with knee-high boots and a dark red jumpsuit?
Thanks for your time! If writing was a superpower, then you'd be more powerful than Superman!
1. He was moving into an even more covert mode with "Batman, Inc." in S3. By S4, he had become a public hero again with the Outsiders. The general public knows about Robin and has since Dick's time. If they did the math, they must realize this can't be the same guy, but most people don't think that through.
2. She wanted a more grown-up superhero look, especially once she was taking over as leader of the Outsiders during Beast Boy's (now prolonged) absence. It was time.
1. Whose idea was it for Steve Dayton to sound like Alan Rickman?
2. Do Bio-ships reproduce by parthenogenesis or coitus?
3. Not so much a question as a request: please get Virgil a girlfriend. Daisy, Frieda, Madison, whoever. Please!
1. I'm not sure I remember. Maybe Scott Menville's. Maybe Jamie Thomason's.
2. Isn't it visually obvious in episode 401? (I hope the answer is yes, that way I don't have to look up parthenogenesis.)
3. #WeDon'tTakeRequests #WeCan'tTakeSuggestions But who says he doesn't already have one?
How long has Dr. Jace worked for the Markov family?
Not going to nail that down at this time for you, but it's safe to say she's been working for them long enough to be trusted implicitly. And she was already working for them when Tara was abducted.
Was Baron Delamb fourth in line for the throne of Markovia?
He wasn't in line at all. After Viktor, came Gregor, then Brion, and then Tara. After Tara, would come some cousin or other on the Markov side of the family.
Was the Legion part of your plans for Young Justice from when you and Brandon first developed the show and season one? Or, were they a later addition?
Without getting into specifics of exactly when and where we planned for them to show up, they were always part of our initial plan.
Who created those speakers that Gar uses when he is in beast form? How do they work? What is their name?
1. Well, if you're asking who created the core technology that they utilize, the answer is the Brain.
2. They translate mental speech impulses into a synthesized voice.
3. We call them "the little speakers on Beast Boy's collar."
Dear Mr Weisman i have some Young justice related questions for you 1. Does Mrs M'orzz watch hallmark movies on a frequent basis as she was more familiar with the purpose a wedding ring then Mr M'orzz was? 2 Are any of Miss Martian sibling's (Em'ree and M'comm aside) members of the yellow Martian order? 3. what does Black canary do for a living?
1. Only ones starring Danica McKellar or Lacey Chabert.
2. No spoilers.
3. She's a therapist, and she also owns a flower shop.
I have 2 questions about Doctor Fate.
1: Do people have to consent to let Nabu possess their body? For Example would it have been possible for the Team or Kent Nelson to just have him possess some evil magic user such as Wotan or Orm by placing the helm on their head against heir will?
2: Does Doctor Fate have access to any non-mystical powers of their human host? He didn't seem to have super speed when possessing Wally, but I am not sure if he just didnt try to(which would be understandable as mid-battle isn't the best place to try out new powers).
1. I mean obviously the Team or the League wouldn't do that. But whether it's possible is a fair question. It's clearly possible for Nabu to RETAIN control over someone against their will. But does the initial possession require consent? I'm going to tentatively say no. But that even Nabu wouldn't take possession without consent.
2. He would have any powers and abilities that the host body possesses.
I love Prince Jâemm! Such a pure and beautiful person he is! Have some questions about him! Please and thank you!
1. How did Jâemm met Syâraa and how long have the know each other?
2. As the future king, how is Jâemmâs reputation among his people?
3. Does he have any siblings?
4. Will Jâemm appear in more future episodes in Season 4?
5. Does Jâemm ever wish to travel to Earth or the just visit other worlds in general?
1. There's obviously a story in that. I try not to tell stories here at ASK GREG.
1a. Until this story is told, I prefer not to pin that down.
2. Very strong among the more progressive set. He makes the more reactionary set nervous.
3. No spoilers.
4. No spoilers.
5. For now, I'll leave that to your interpretation.
Does the Gargoyles show exist on Earth-16? Was it made by Greg Vietti or Brandon Weisman? Did any of our favorite superheroes watch it? Who was their favorite character? ;)
I've written like four flippant, smart-ass responses to this question, and erased them all, as none truly seemed funny enough to justify all the noise that would come out of people (sometimes willfully) misunderstanding my humor as something serious.
So basically, here's the truth. We have the occasional Easter Egg, because that's fun to do and "get away with". But these properties are owned by two different companies. They do not overlap.
"Please try to dispel the dark cloud shadowing your face and mind"?
Seriously? Seriously? You just can't help yourself,can you?
If you mean, I can't help tossing in a Shakespeare reference, then the answer is... I don't want to help myself. I'm happy the way I am.
1. While J'ann's family mostly disowned her, how are relations on M'aatt's side of the family? Are they involve in their nieces and nephews' lives? Do they get along?
2. How strong is J'emm's abilities compared to most Martians? What about in compared to J'onn J'onzz or M'gann?
1. No spoilers.
2. Few are as strong as M'gann, as we've established over and over. And J'onn is exceptionally well-trained and experienced. J'emm is young, but has the potential to be powerful.
Was Count Vertigo the younger brother of Perdita father?
No. He was a Vertigo. Perdita and her father were Vladeks.
Was Ilona, Bedlam sister born into the royal family of Markovia and inherited the throne once her father died?
No. She was nobility, not royalty. She married the king. The Markovs were royalty. The DeLambs were nobility.