A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Just a few words about Miguel Ferrer, who passed away yesterday. I won't pretend I knew him very well, but he was always a pleasure to have in the booth. He was the voice of Silvio "Silvermane" Manfredi on The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Bo "Bibbo" Bibbowski and Tribune #1 on Young Justice.
Did I forget anything? Oh, yes. His brilliant portrayal of Vandal Savage in Young Justice, making him one of the most interesting and complex hero/villains I've ever had the pleasure of working on.
His talent - both in material I was involved in and in the many, many things I simply watched as a fan - was immense.
He will be missed.
I have some more questions about S2 Ep1 of Spectacular Spider-Man.
1) Did you voice anyone else other than Menken?
2) How did Xander Berkeley land the role of Mysterio?
3) What inspired your version of Mysterio?
4) Where did the idea of the little purple bat things come from? Who voiced them?
I liked the Star Wars reference when Spidey said "May the Spidey Sense be with me."
1. The truck driver, maybe. I'd have to look at it again.
2. I suggested him. He and voice director Jamie Thomason and I had worked together on GARGOYLES, in which he played Coldsteel, so we knew he'd be great.
3. The comics and the core idea of the character.
4. The Homunculi seemed to fit Mysterio's M.O.
4a. Thom Adcox, Dee Bradley Baker, Steve Blum, Phil Lamarr, Cree Summer and James Arnold Taylor. I loved those little guys and wanted to do a spinoff series with them.
Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spidey adaptation ever in my opinion. I have a few questions about S2 Ep1 "Blueprints".
1) Who was Eddie's roommate?
2) Where did Eddie live? Was it a dorm on campus?
3) How was it having Stan Lee making a cameo?
4) What all does Liz Allan's father own? Liz says he owns some hotels and in a previous episode they gang ate at his restaurant.
5) Where was Miles Warren before he returned to NYC?
I have more questions so I am going to submit another discussion because of the 5 question rule.
1. Oh, I used to know this. I really did. But its been so long, I can't remember. It was a character from the canon. I want to say... Josh something. But honestly, I can't remember now.
2. Dorm on campus.
3. F---ing AWESOME!
4. The restaurant was IN one of his hotels. He owns hotels.
5. Elsewhere. (Never bothered to figure that out.)
I love Rebels, and I think you guys did a great job setting it all up in Season 1. I also really enjoyed the Kanan comic. I have a few questions about that.
1) What was your inspiration for Caleb's backstory?
2) What was the interaction with the story group like?
3) How big of a leash did they give you creation wise?
Keep up the great work!
1. We all worked out that backstory together when we were figuring out the first season of Rebels. Inspiration? I'm not sure what that means in this context.
2. It was great. This was all stuff we had discussed for the most part, so I'd write up a short proposal for each arc, and that was pretty much it. Occasionally, I'd have a question for Pablo or Leland. They'd answer. Boom.
3. It wasn't really an issue of "leashes". We all agreed on the story. I'm just the one who wrote it up. I created some of the characters, and obviously did NOT create others. But it was pretty much drama-free.
I've recently been obsessed with W.I.T.C.H recently and have been rewatching all the episodes. I absolutely love the show from the plot, writing, voice acting, animation and sound. And over all it's so fun to wacth
1)How do you think Nerissa and Cassidy fell in love and got together?
2)Do you have a favourite pairing within W.I.T.C.H. I personally quite like the idea of Will and Hay Lin.
1. It's been sooooo long that if I had a specific notion, I don't remember. Otherwise, they were teammates and spent a lot of time together, so one thing led to another.
2. Well, I think both Will and Hay Lin are straight. But this sounds like shipping, and it's not my job to rain on your parade. So have fun with it.
It seems to me that Thailog has an obvious complex with his 'father' Goliath (perhaps with all three of his fathers actually) but in particular I think that in creating the first set of clones he was trying to build something equal to what his 'father' had, with Demona's influence of course.
Clearly after the comics Thailog will continue cloning to try and build his own clan, but I wonder, should that clan fail too, do you see Thailog, no matter how successful he is in business and his other ventures, always trying to compete with Goliath on that personal level, and seeking a clan of his own?
I don't know how to answer this without at least implying spoilers, which I won't do. And in any case, this feels like the kind of thing best left to each fan's personal interpretation.
I have been a big fan of yours for a very long time. In fact Gargoyles was my favorite show as a child. Now I am 29, and in addition to being a teacher, I am trying to make it as a novelist in NYC. Gargoyles, and you/your writing in general, inspired me a long time ago to pursue telling stories for kids or young adults that are complex and diverse in lieu of "talking" down to them. Since then I have had many more influences, but you really were one of the first. I think I may have been 6 or 7 when Gargoyles first came out and I certainly had my parents add to Disney's coffers with Gargoyle merch.
I have a few questions. I know you are not into hypotheticals or spoilers, so I will try to phrase my questions as proper as possible. Also, as these questions may not exactly fall under the same subject, I will submit multiple questions, as per the instructions.
Long ago I wrote to you about the biology of the Avalon clan. Specifically I asked whether or not it was possible for a mature Avalon couple to travel to the outside world, for say 9 months or a year (1 week or less on Avalon), sync with the natural state of the planet and produce an egg. That was met with an affirmative.
When further questioned as to whether or not they could do this multiple times over the course of their lifetime, producing many more eggs than the standard 3, you wrote that it would be a good topic of discussion during the biology panel (I think it was specifically called something else) at convergence. Unfortunately another Convergence has not occurred for some time and I still, all these years later, wonder about the biology of it all.
Could a gargoyle couple from Avalon come to the outside world every other, or every third, cycle (or whatever) and produce many more eggs than the usual three? Could they produce five or ten eggs? And would there be a detriment to the gargoyle's body in producing that many eggs if they could do all that?
I know this question is long and possibly overwritten but I recently re-watched my DVD sets (and reread the comics) and it got me thinking. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter.
I made a promise to myself, many years ago that if I ever became a successful writer I would find a way to work with you one day and/or help you bring Gargoyles back in some form. I still hope to do so. Best of luck to you sir and thank you for your influence and inspiration. Should I one day meet you in a professional capacity I will point out this entry.
I don't think so. Three max. I'm sticking with that.
So a new Spider-Man series was announced yesterday at the New York Comic Con. Are you taking part in this project in any way? If your not, is there any way you could get aboard it because that would be spectacular.
Thank you so much for your time.
No. And no. I'm busy on Young Justice S3, and in any case, Marvel would have to want me on it. They certainly know how to find me. There's clearly no interest in putting me and the character back together at this time.
What happened to red arrow after he found arsenal. He stopped showing up.
Well, he showed up in 208 and 220. But he was busy trying to make a life for his daughter, and seeing if he and Cheshire could make another go at it.
How would you describe Barbara Gordon/Batgirl?
In what context?
Look, I did an entire season and six issues of a comic with her. How I "describe" her is on the screen and the page.