A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. What kind of research went into making Young Justice?
Lots of research of all kinds. Lots of comic books read and reread. The occasional scene or entire movie rewatched. Information on tech, on time zones, on languages and linguistics. On countries, real and imagined. And more, I'm sure.
1. How old is Icon?
2. How old is Felix Faust?
3. How old is Parasite?
4. How old is Perry White?
5. How old is Stephanie Brown?
1. Arnus emerged on Earth as an infant in 1810. How old he was before arrival, I won't comment on at this time.
2. It seems I haven't calculated that.
3. Ray Jensen was born in 1977.
4. Perry White was born in 1967.
5. Stephanie Brown was born in 2003.
1. How old is Ali?
2. How old is the Ambassador?
3. How old is Black Adam?
4. How old is Deadshot?
5. How old is Otis?
1. I haven't calculated that, it seems.
2. I haven't set chronological ages for any of the Reach.
3. Well, Teth-Adam was born @1,300 BCE. I'll leave you to do the math, give or take a century.
4. I haven't calculated that, it seems.
5. He was born in 1980.
ALL of your past and present projects have been renewed, and you have been asked to help them all. Which one would you prioritize, and why?
Well, as many regular readers of this site know, I'm not big on hypotheticals. Reality is so much more complicated, but I'll give it a shot:
GARGOYLES first, always. We're trying to get another comic book version now. Tweet the hashtag #WeLiveAgain!
YOUNG JUSTICE, second. Season Three is real. It's here. I'm working on it.
I'm also working on the second book in the WORLD OF WARCRAFT: TRAVELER series, THE SPIRAL PATH, and recently completed co-plotting work on THE FALL AND RISE OF CAPTAIN ATOM, w/my old Captain Atom partner Cary Bates.
The third book in the RAIN OF THE GHOSTS series, MASQUE OF BONES, which I still plan to get back to as soon as I possibly can.
Everything else falls into the category of it's just too hypothetical to differentiate. But I'm very fond of THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, W.I.T.C.H., ROUGHNECKS: THE STARSHIP TROOPER CHRONICLES, STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK, anything with the STAR WARS REBELS characters [especially STAR WARS KANAN], 3X3 EYES, DISNEY'S VILLAINS and many others.
And I'm sure Edmund Tsabard would love to finish Last Tengu in Paris.
Out of universe explanation for
Why was Hal used as one of the original seven members of the Justice League instead of John?
Because, not counting Alan Scott, he was the first Green Lantern.
1. Is Earth 16 based on pre crisis, post crisis, or a mixture of both?
2. If a mixture of both, is the mixture more than, less than, or equal to a fifty fifty split?
According to DC wiki the first Green Lantern was Jong Li, a monk from 660 AD. He debuted in Green Lantern: Dragon Lord #1-3 in 2001, which is not listed among the Elseworld titles.
3. Out of universe who is considered the first Green Lantern and why?
1. It's a mixture of 78 years of continuity, plus some original material.
2. I'm not interested in percentages.
3. What are we talking about here when you say "Out of Universe"? Out of Universe, Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern because Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern created at DC Comics.
Hello Greg, I just want to start with, I love your work. Moving on, I really love Young Justice. I've read all the possibilities that have been said about new episodes. And I'm working for it. I've watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix probably 6-7 times now since I found it and will likely watch it many more. I'm rather poor so Netflix is what I can afford entertainment wise, so no DVD buying unfortunately. But it's the hashtag I don't understand. #KeepBingingYJ. What does that mean and how does it help? Is it about searching for it on Bing? I don't get the binging. I think the hashtag should say #BringBackYoungJustice or something like that. I want to help influence the decision makers, so I'm trying to help. Gonna try and start a movement on WB and DC's FB pages. I don't really Twitter. Anyway, I wish you the best in all your endeavors, and I look forward to any and all of your work. Thank you.
Binge it. (The g has a j sound.) Not bing it. Binge it. I was asking fans to binge-watch the series over and over again on Netflix. (And it worked!)
For the record, your hashtag would have been far less useful, because it was not a call to action. It's vague. Who is it addressed to? Mine was an instruction to the fans. As were my other hashtags, i.e. #BuyYJBluRaysDVDs and #BuyYJComicsonComixology. Each of these give fans a pragmatic and specific thing to do. I'm sorry you didn't understand the #KeepBingingYJ hashtag, but you did it anyway, and we got the show back. So it's all good.
So I remember back in the day, you mentioned plans to eventually incorporate Dracula into the GU. Since Stoker's novel is like my favorite book ever I thought I'd pick your brains a little, nothing spoilerly hopefully.
1) Presuming you've read the novel, what did ya think of it?
2) Is there anything specific about the character of the not so good Count that you think makes him a particularly good fit for the GU?
3) Fav cinematic Dracula?
1. I have read it. It's not my favorite novel, but I like it a lot. (Just to be clear, I'm not saying the GargUniverse Dracula would be based on Stoker's version. Not saying it wouldn't be either. Just not saying. #NoSpoilers).
2. He's an irresistible fictional concept. How could we skip him?
3. I honestly don't have one. I've yet to see one that really felt like how I imagine Dracula.
How much, if anything, would you be willing to share about the plot and characters of your proposed series "The Trickster"?
Hi big fan of the series gargoyles thank you so much for your part in creating the show. My question is during the creation of the gargoyles were did the ideas of there look come form for instance London clans animal features wyvern clans beaks horns human faces and so on also Hm which were your favorite clan artwork my personal favorite wyven/avalon clan
I don't really play favorites. They're all my children.
The idea that the London clan would be modeled (loosely) after heraldic animals was mine. Not the execution, of course. Credit for that goes mostly to our lead character designer Greg Guler.
The idea for Zafiro being serpentine was also mine. We just looked to Aztec, Olmec & Mayan art for inspiration.
How bad is the reputation of the Daily Tattler?
Yellow journalism low ?