A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Would Brooklyn's kids still be alive for G2158?
If so, is that where Brooklyn gets the ideas for their names (I realize that this is another time loop thing, but it would be pretty neat)?
I can't answer this question.
It seems imperative to me that for G2158 not to render any present day series completely undramtic and moot, I need to be very careful not to reveal too much to Brooklyn or you.
Is Tachi's name supposed to be a throwback to her mother's name since both a katana and a tachi are bladed Japanese weapons?
Yes, more or less.
Do the Illuminati know about Brooklyn's time traveling adventures?
Would there have been major language barriers in the beginning between Brooklyn and Katana?
It depends how we wound up handling the whole language question on TimeDancer in general. We hadn't decided that.
But hopefully, the answer would be yes.
How long did Timedancer spend in 2158 and in Feudal Japan?
I haven't worked out all the math. But those were his two longest stops. Quite some time in each. Years as least.
In TIMEDANCER, would there have been a major recurring antagonist for Brooklyn and family?
Ultimately. Inevitably. And of course, that doesn't necessarily count the huge chunk of time spent in the years 2158 and following....
Do you have voice actors in mind for some of the characters in the unmade spinoffs? Do you have any in mind specifically for Katana, Nashville, Tachi, Duval, The Director, and Merlin?
The Director was cast in our Animatic reel for Bad Guys. He was William Devane. And he was great as anyone who has attended a Gathering could attest to.
As for the others... No. Hadn't thought that far in advance.
Why does Katana name her son Nashville?
Why does Katana AND BROOKLYN name THEIR son Nashville?
Hi again, I think it was 'OnyxStar' who said it originally but I'd like to agree by saying that you're a good man for doing this and that "Ask Greg" is definately keeping the series alive with the fans.
Anyway, the question is:
When Brooklyn returns from his Time Dancing would he still be Second-in-command for Goliath or would that position have been handed to someone else? (I mean since now Brooklyn would be older than Goliath biologically)
~The B of R
Brooklyn would still be Goliath's second. From Goliath's PoV, Brooklyn was never gone.
And Brooklyn wouldn't be THAT old. Not as old as Hudson, for example.
I'm not certain I understand various plot-elements of Timedancer...
1) Why can't Brooklyn control the gate? Doesn't he know the words of the spell?
2) For that matter how will he manage to keep his family together though his travels if the Phoenix Gate is randomly taking him in and out of timelines? Do they always remain within a few meters from each other or something, just in case the Gate decides to hop?
3) Finally after so many years of time-travel and since he has already made himself a new family - why wouldn't Brooklyn simply decide to stay in another time-period? I think I would if I was in his place...
1. He never has the gate in hand.
2. No. It causes problems here and there.
3. You're not Brooklyn though. He wants to get back. And he did get back. So he does get back. As Dave said: "Time travel's funny that way."