A Station Eight Fan Web Site
At what age do you feel that gargoyles learn to glide?
Will Tachi (aged six) know how to glide when she timedances into the present, or will it be something she'll learn during the course of the series?
She'll have started learning. I don't know that she'd have mastered it under all conditions. But she'd be doing a bit of it.
On my last question you repost: Define "love". Well, I know that Brooklyn didn´t really love Angela from our point of view. But from his point of view, he is in love, and so, I think, he would tell angela, that he is. So, will he ever?
They might have a conversation some day. But not until after the TimeDance, when it's WAY moot.
You've revealed to us (through chronological info) that the gargoyles' twenty-year cycle is "attuned to the earth" rather than something which is mostly internal (as I had earlier assumed).
How did this affect Katana during her timedances? Her and Brooklyn's two children are twenty years apart in age, as if the cycle had been internal for her, affected only by the time which passed for her, rather than affected by the "earth's cycles" and the different times she would journey to.
Is that simply a coincidence? Did she just happen in her travels to journey to two mating seasons, with a period of twenty years inbetween as subjectively perceived by the timedancers?
As I've stated recently, very little is truly random in the Gargoyles Universe. My mind just doesn't work that way.
Is Brooklyn's timedance injury that severe that it can't be healed by the healing rays of the sun? Or is magic involved which prevents it from healing?
Not saying at this time.
You mentioned that one Timedancer villain would be the Archmage, presumably due to his little side-trip with Goliath during their battle for possession of the Eye. If this actually makes it into a Timedancer episode, then presumably it will also feature Brooklyn. So...
1) Does Goliath meet Brooklyn in that/those episode(s), and therefore have foreknowledge of Brooklyn's Timedancing?
2) Does Goliath have any role in how the Gate ends up with Brooklyn?
1. I'm not saying.
2. I'm not sure what you mean.
Dear Mr Weisman,
Regarding Timedancer and The Dark Ages, given the time, would you plan to turn both of those into animated shows, or do you feel they are best left as part of the written world?
Given the opportunity, I'd gladly do either as animated series.
In "M.I.A.", mention is made about gargoyles in WWII being chalked up to "gremlins and the like." So the question is, were there really gremlins out there? If so, where do they fall in terms of the "three races?"
There's more to this Gremlin question. But you'll have to wait for TimeDancer to learn it.
Would Brooklyn visit any time beyond the scope of 2198? If he goes back at least as far as Feudal Japan then it makes sense he'd go forward a similar distance. But there again, plotting REALLY far ahead must be difficult. If he doesn't, will there be an in-universe reason?
He goes into the future and into the past. I don't need reasons beyond that.
Some days ago, i poste that question:
"Are there other girls, then Katana, in Brooklyns timedance that are REALLY close to him? And if yes, how manny?"
You awnser:"Not sure what you mean."
Well, I mean, that he fall in love with other girls during his timedance. Or, maybe, he was verry close to a merryage with another girl, and then the Gate take Brooklyn away. Things like that.
Hope, You understand now.
Not "marriage" close if that's what you mean by "merryage", but I'm not saying he didn't have other romances.
Quick! We must fill the queue - Greg's caught up! :-)
Anyway, just a nitpick: You said "Odysseus traveled for twenty years."
Well, he was away from home for twenty years. But ten of these years he had been fighting at Troy. His return took him a further ten years, seven of which he spent as a virtual prisoner in Callisto's island.
So, one could say that he spent only *three* years travelling, though it was twenty years that he spent away from home.
If one's nitpicking, anyway. :-)
That's what I meant.
I actually DID know that.
And Brooklyn may stay in one place, fighting or whatever for various lengths of time in various periods of time. But when all is said and done, he'll be twenty years older when he gets back.
1) If they're still alive, where do Mary and Finella live at the end of "The Journey"?
2) Do Mary and Finella ever try to get in contact with the Manhattan clan?
3a) Will Mary ever see Tom again? b) Will she meet "the eggs"?
4a) Will Finella find a new love? b) If so, is it anyone we know?
1. Not saying.
2. Not saying.
3. Not saying. Not saying.
4. Not saying. Not saying.
1a) Are/were there any living phoenixes in the Gargoyles Universe? b) If so, were/are they a separate species, or are they Children of Oberon or a form of gargoyle?
2a) Did the forging of the Phoenix Gate have anything to do with (an) actual phoenix(es)? b) If so, was whatever involvement they/it had, voluntary?
3a) Was Princess Katharine's mother ever aware of the powers of the Gate? b) ...was the Normand ambassador? c) Was Malcolm ever aware that he was going to receive the Gate?
4a) When the Gate was broken in half, did it become *completely* nonfunctional, or did some residual magic remain? b) When it was whole again, was it as good as new?
5) What is the immediate source of the magic/energy that the Gate draws on?
6a) Why is the incantation for an Avalonian magical artifact in Latin? b) Is that particular incantation necessary, or can the Gate be activated some other way?
b. Not saying.
2a. Maybe. If the Gate was forged. Which it wasn't.
c. He was informed after it was stolen.
5. Ambient time stream need. (Generally measured in Farquars.)
6a. Necessary for a human to harness it.
b. When free, the gate travels about on its own, as Brooklyn learns to his chagrin.
Here is some Timedancer stuff:
1.:Are there other girls, then Katana, in Brooklyns timedance that are REALLY close to him? And if yes, how manny?
2.:How old is he when he returned to his clan?
3.:IF there is an child of Elisa and Goliath, did Brooklyn met him/her in his journeys?
4.:Did he met himself in the future(like Demona in "Vows")?
1. Not sure what you mean.
2. Biologically about 40.
3. Not saying.
4. Not saying.
1a) You said that Brooklyn would travel to the "Future Tense/2158/?" era both before and after he met Katana. From the perspective of those living during this future period, did Brooklyn's first visit (when he was alone) happen *after* he had already appeared with his family? b) If so, did the people during that time reveal (perhaps accidentally) to Brooklyn that he was going to have a family?
2) You said that Brooklyn keeps "chasing" after the Gate because he wants to get home. Although I'd understand why this would be important to him when he's alone and memories of home are still fresh on his mind, I would think that after 40 years and having the comfort of his family, getting home wouldn't be as critical to him. Am I wrong, or does Brooklyn find a new reason to be motivated to return home to the present?
1. I'm not answering that now.
2. Odysseus traveled for twenty years. Brooklyn for 40. (But he was only awake for 20.) Sometimes we reason not the need.
Uh... something went strange and I'm posting this question for a second time. I've reloaded the new questions page in a separate window a couple of times and it hasn't appeared, but just in case it does appear twice, sorry. Anyway:
When you say that you'll keep track of time for Brooklyn, do you mean that you'll make it clear to the characters in the universe that he's been gone 40 years? Or will you communicate to the viewer that 40 years has passed for Brooklyn in another way?
Would Katana, Tachi, Nashville and Fu-dog be the only companions that Brooklyn would have on his time-dancing journey (I mean actually crossing between times)?
No. They're just the ones he came home with.
Does Brooklyn meet all the rest of the clans (apart from the six we saw in the original show) during his timedancing?
You just revealed that the Xanadu clan is the other contemporary clan. You also previously mentioned that Brooklyn would find Fu-Dog in China during his travels. Which makes me wonder.....
1a) Does the Gate bring Brooklyn to present-day (or at least what would be the present relative to the "Gargoyles" show time-line) China? b) If not the present, around which period would it be (ancient, medieval, future, etc), on each (if there's more than one) of the occassions Brook would travel to China?
2a) Is Xanadu the only Chinese location the Gate brings Brook to? (assuming it even takes him to Xanadu). 2b) Does Brooklyn find Fu-dog in Xanadu, or in another Chinese clan?
3a) Around what age would Fu-dog be when Brook first finds him? (I think you said he wasn't a puppy) b) Did Fu-dog leave a mate or any progeny behind when he left with Brooklyn?
4) Do the Ishimura, Korea, and Xanadu clans know about each other?
5) In the contest, you didn't give credit for listing Beijing as the home of the Xanadu clan, even though that's where Kublai Khan had his capital--which is the place some believe Coleridge's "Xanadu" referred to. So my question is--where (approximately) in China *is* Xanadu?
6) Dragons play a big role in Chinese (and many other) mythologies. Are these legends simply based on gargoyles and their beasts--who may resemble dragons, on fey who chose to assume dragon form, or on a separate species all-together?
1b. Maybe all of the above. Or not.
2a. Forty years is a long dance. I don't pretend to have all forty years plotted out exactly.
3a. I said I never said he was a puppy.
3b. Can't say. Or won't.
5. Not in Beijing.
6. Greg has left the building.
In a previous post, I had asked, "After Brooklyn is done with the gate in Timedancer, it will return to its point of origin in the past (the paradox). Out of curiosity, how long before the Gate found its way into Elena's dowry did the Gate "first" appear?"
You responded, "How do I define 'how long' with the Gate?" So let me try to rephrase that....
After the Gate returns Brooklyn to his time of origin, five minutes after leaving, what year does the Gate travel to next?
And who is the first to find the Gate after it appears in that year?
I don't know. Haven't worked that out at this time.
Would any of the spinoffs featured the Pack (or at least members of the Pack) as villains?
Thank you for your time.
Sure. Most. Let's see...
Gargoyles 2158 (revised)
And I wouldn't be surprised if we also saw them in
But I would be surprised if they showed up in
Is Brooklyn aware how long he timedances for? I mean, does he have any way to keep track of the years?
But I'll keep track for him.
Just a quick question for ya, 'cause I think the first on this particular subject got lost or cut out.
Anyway, I was wondering why did Brooklyn become the Time Dancer? I don't remember reading the inspiration for it. Brooklyn's a cool character and all, but I guess I just don't see him doing that sort of thing. Yet, at the same time he almost needs it. But it's sad too. It makes me feel bad for him.
But that also makes me wonder about Goliath. I started getting the impression that maybe Goliath would learn to use magic after using the Eye. Don't ask me why though. So, it made me wonder, was there anything more that Goliath would do? Is there a particular destiny he has like Brooklyn? Or is his purpose just to lead the clan?
Also, would his and Brooklyn's paths ever seem to cross during Brooklyn's Time Dancing? And, I don't understand why the clan would be disappointed in him for his Time Dancing. What he have done or not done to make them disappointed in him?
I think that's all for now. Except, in all honesty, Brooklyn's design is the most interesting and unigue among all of the gargoyles. But he still doesn't top Goliath. At least not too me. ^_^
Goliath and sorcery don't mix well.
Goliath will have plenty to do, believe me. He has as much or as little a destiny as any of our characters, including Brooklyn.
I'm not sure what point your trying to make here.
I don't know what you mean when you say the clan would be disappointed in Brooklyn for TimeDancing. If you think you're quoting me, you MUST be mis-quoting me, or misunderstood me or something.
1. Does modern-day Clan Ishimura have any knowledge whatsoever (perhaps in the form of documentation or maybe oral tradition) of Brooklyn's visit centuries earlier?
2. How do Brooklyn's and Katana's children interact with one another? Do they get along, or do their parents have to send them "to the rookery" on occasion? Which one (if any) is the troublemaker? :)
3. I am curious as to how "assimilated" Katana will be by the time her journey with Brooklyn ends. For instance, will she view her offspring as her own, or as children of the entire clan?
4. After his travels, do you think Brooklyn could pass any high school or college history exam? Multiple choice, of course. In other words, will his experiences make him a history expert?
5. How much exposure will Katana and the youngsters have to technology before the journey ends? Would they be able to recognize a computer? Better yet, would they understand the Internet?
6. Have you decided exactly how/when Brooklyn receives his permanent injury?
7. About how often would Brooklyn find other gargoyles on his journey through time? I would suspect it to be a rare occurrence.
8. How do you imagine the TimeDancer theme song? What kind of mood? Any narration? Have you given it any thought yet?
1. Can't answer that now.
2. They generally get along, but not all the time.
3. By necessity she and Brooklyn will regard these children as their own. Once they get back in the bosom of the clan, they will be happy to share parental responsibility. But nothing can change the bond formed over years of travel and adventure. But I wouldn't call this "assimilation". This, for once, has less to do with gargoyles being influenced by human customs and more to do with the rigors of TimeDancing.
4. True (if scattered and sporadic) history, yes. Not necessarily the stuff in history books that would win him straight As.
5. I don't know about the Internet specifically, but they'll be seeing all sorts of computers. They'll be dancing into the future as well as the past. I think.
7. Like the Avalon Skiff, the Phoenix Gate seems to lend some purpose to the Dance. So perhaps more often than you'd think.
8. Nope. You're way ahead of me.
Previously on Ask Greg: I wrote, "Buenos Dias Mr.Weisman,
Here's another question guised in the form of question.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most severe, How bad was Brooklyn's disfigurement(was that the word used?) after returning from his Dance in Time?
Thank you much. Gracias as it were. Xi Xi. Thanx. etc etc. Much appreciation. Gratitude flowing from pores."
You replied (your questions numbered)"
1>What forms are questions usually guised in?
1>In this forum statements. But usually in Confused looks.
2> My question sprouted from this previous Q&A "4) Does Brooklyn (or Katana) suffer permanent injuries from their traveling? By this I mean scars, loss of limb, and whatnot."
"4.Brooklyn does actually."
So, my question would be in that context and restated (but if you answered the original question as well I wouldn't not be pleased),"What was Brooklyn's permanent injury(/ies)?"
Sorry if this is a bit confuddled and befusing. Thanks much and much thanks.
Not saying now. But I do know.
1. Would Brooklyn have once again assumed leadership of the clan, as he did during Goliath's absence?
2. How does he (post-TimeDancing) feel about:
c. Tired of it.
1.What is the earliest period of brooklyn's timedancing
2. how does the illumanti know about the timedancing
3. did brooklyn meet duval in the past?
4.does brooklyn come in contact with any fae in the past
5. if yes to 4, are in human form, during that 1000 year leave of avalon period
6. if yes to 4 then who does he meet
7.does brooklyn meet the archmage
2. Who said they did?
3. Probably at some point.
6. Puck for sure. I'm not saying more now.
the gate was made on avalon...
1. who created it
2. the gate is lost by goliath and then to timedancer and then eventually it goes back to the beginning circle.so how does it fit.someone created it. the only way for this whole loop thing the gate travels in must end up with the gate being destroyed?????
1. Who said it was created?
2. How do you figure?
1. You mentioned that the enhanced Archmage would have appeared in "Timedancer", would that have been before he picked up his younger self?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes, why didn't he go to pick up his younger self directly?
1. Not saying.
2. Not saying.
Did the Ishimura clan right down about anything about Brooklyn and that he took of of there clan members as his mate?
I have Brooklyn questions.
1) Were there going to be conflicts between Goliath and Brooklyn (Second In Command).
2) Before he goes on his timedancing adventure will Brooklyn try a few more times to woo Angela.
3) Will Goliath consider turning over leadership of the clan to Brooklyn?
4) Will Katana join Brooklyn willingly or be dragged into the travel?
1. Occasionally. Nothing major.
4. Willingly sorta.
Buenos Dias Mr.Weisman,
Here's another question guised in the form of question.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most severe, How bad was Brooklyn's disfigurement(was that the word used?) after returning from his Dance in Time?
Thank you much. Gracias as it were. Xi Xi. Thanx. etc etc. Much appreciation. Gratitude flowing from pores.
What forms are questions usually guised in?
HEY GREG. I WAS JUST WONDERING DOES BROOKLYN REALLY HAVE A FUTURE MATE (TIMEDANCER) OR IS THAT JUST FAN FIC. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
He does in my mind. Her name is Katana.
1) If and when you get to do tose Gargoyle Episodes and Spinoffs do you plan to do crossovers like the following:
2) Would you still include the Previously On Gargoyles segments when necessary?
1. 2158(revised) and TimeDancer, definitely.
Dark Ages and TimeDancer, probably.
Pendragon/Bad Guys. Probably, eventually.
Bad Guys/Gargoyles. Definitely.
New Olympians/Gargoyles. Definitely.
New Olympians/Pendragon/Bad Guys - Eventually.
A couple of questions about the Phoenix Gate....
1. When you named the Gate, back in "Vows" early in Season Two, did you already know that the Gate would be forever trapped in its paradox, that is, repeating its existence from the beginning over and over? This lended itself to the Phoenix namesake, the perpetual rebirth of the Phoenix, just like the Gate keeps restarting its existence. Whether or not you came up with the name first or the paradox concept, kudos to you guys! It's the perfect name.
1b. If the Gate wasn't named for this reason, then why did you name it the Phoenix Gate?
2. You said that after Brooklyn is done with the gate in Timedancer, it will return to its point of origin in the past (the paradox). Out of curiosity, how long before the Gate found its way into Elena's dowry did the Gate "first" appear?
2b. How did the Gate get into Elena's dowry?
Though this might be better left for a response to an upcoming ramble about "Vows," you might have rambled about it already but the time you read this, so here goes. I just wanted to say I think the Gate is one of the more intriguing concepts in Gargoyles, simply because of how you handled it. First of all, it's use fits the Gargoyles story as a plot device that enhances the character's concept of their predicament and "the way things turned out," as opposed to what might have been.
Second of all, you didn't break any rules. Anything that's gonna "happen" on trips to the past has already happened, anything that "happened" on trips to the future is gonna happen, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's the perfect time-travel scenario. I just wanted to say good job.
1. My preference in time travel is the "Working Paradox", so I knew that if I was going to bring Time Travel into the series, I'd want that kind of paradox. The name just seemed to fit. But I don't remember who came up with it.
1b. See above.
2. How do I define "how long" with the Gate?
2b. Ah, now that's a story.
Thanks. It's how I like it too.
In one of your most recent answers, you discussed briefly a few of the villains whom you'd planned to show in "Timedancer" if you'd made it. One of them was a certain "Calaban". Is this the same (more or less) as Caliban from "The Tempest"?
If Percival is Duval... (metaphorically speaking)...
Back again. ^.^ Say hi to Jen for me.
<still Puck, following a different mindset topic>
1) Did Puck or Owen ever meet a timedancing Brooklyn? <thats a question repost, got wiped in one of the screw ups>
2) Do you in your opinion think Puck would try to interfere with a time paradox intentionally? :)
2. I'm not sure what you mean.
I asked this way back in March, but I think the question got lost, so let me try again.
Were you ever going to reveal just how Demona and Xanatos teamed up? Xanatos is not exactly a trustworthy individual, and Demona's track record with humans has not been stellar. It's not like she would just go up to him and say "I'm a thousand-year old gargoyle with a grudge against humanity. Want to help me reawaken my clan?" And was she the one who gave him the Grimorum? Because if he got it from someone else, and Demona found out about it, then she would have obviously wanted to reclaim it, which would explain how they met, but not how they decided to work together. So what's the story?
Thanks for listening, and sorry if you have read this already.
Ever? Yes. In TimeDancer. It's a very complex story involving two different "dances", Brooklyn, Mary, Finella, Xanatos, Demona, Owen and Puck.
1)In Brooklyn's timedance would he have visited other planets, and see other civilations or is he only dancing on Earth's time stream?
2)When Brooklyn visits Fuedal Japan and 2158 will he only go there once or could he visit 2158 in one month and go somewhere else, and then return to 2158 in a different month?
2. Anything's possible.
I'd appreciate your thoughts on the accuracy of my hypothesis. I know you are likely to be cryptic, so I promise to be only somewhat annoyed it you are, although I'd prefer if you weren't.
About time travel, why is the Phoenix Gate the only time travel device out there? Or is it?
It is likely the only magical way, because if not, why would Oberon want it so badly? Unless it is like a washing machine. You can wash it by hand but you'd rather use a machine.
You've established that the past cannot be changed, and that Xanatos's current position in society is solely because of his little trip to the past.
Establishing that the Phoenix Gate is gone, except for its little TimeDancing trip, does that mean that time travel in the gargoyles universe is now totally impossible?
the final question would have to be, since you don't believe in a changable past, does the Gargoyles universe contain parallel time tracks, entire other universes with a different version of events.
Finally, I apologize if I missed previous answers to these questions. I have been reading the archive since it started, but my memory is a little bad at times.
1. I didn't say that the Gate is the only device out there. Depending on your point of view, one could say the Grimorum acted as a one-way time travel device for Goliath et al. And for the Coldtrio as well.
2. Who said Oberon wanted it so badly? Puck thought it would make a good bribe. Who knows if he was even right?
3. I wouldn't say "solely" but sure, what's your point?
4. Not necessarily. But I'd never make it easy. (And calling TimeDancer a "little...trip" is the understatement of the day, at least.
5. Ehhh.... Those things tend to be abused whenever they're introduced. Look at the X-Men. That book became unreadable to me eventually. As I've said before, I'm open to thinking about parallel universe/tracks etc. But I tend to think I'll end up saying no.
Hey, I thought I _asked_ this one already..but well I just looked over a bunch of Q's..and well I guess mabye I didnt. Well, sorry if this is a double post ok?
I was thinking about 101 dalmations a few days ago. You probably havent thought about this in perticular..but for Nash's voice were you just planning on using Jeff?
If so would it have sounded like Lucky's voice?
Thanks!! SORRY again if I spammed you!
I haven't seen much of the tv 101 Dalmations. So the Lucky I know had a slight British accent. But we might very well have used Jeff for Nash. Maybe.
Lil Q. Um..I know you have said you are not that concerned with physical appearences of characters. IE: color, body type..so on. Well, I guess I was just wondering if you were planning on making either Nashville, Tachi, or both of Brooklyn's kids to have the trade mark beak? I suppose it is likly that at least his son would. It is just one of those things that people think is neat. Hey, like father like son right? Something like that I guess. But even though I think that would be cute, I also think that it would be neat if he didnt have it. I mean, mabye look more like his mother, (whatever she will look like) mabye just have his dads type of fly away hair, or similer voice..ect. Just a thought. ER NO wait..not a thought..not an idea..NOPE _nothing_ like one of those *thinks fast* umm..ya just a ramble;) *jk*
My guess (which I won't be held to) is that Nashville would look like Brooklyn but with Katana's coloring. Tachi would look like Katana but with Brooklyn's coloring. Wing shapes might reverse too. I say that, because it's my M.O. But a good artist could change my mind.
Hey, Did Katana decide to leave with Brooklyn willingly or was it an accident?
Weather she left with him willingly or not, was it the first time he had timedanced there? ..probably ya ..but..*shrugs* just wanted to get my facts strait.
Would it have taken Katana, not to mention others, a lot of time to believe Brooklyn's story? I mean..A time travleing gargoyle with a fu-dog? Come on..someone had to be dipping into the sake right?
Again..probably a couple of no duh questions..you did say that besides the future Brook would have spent the most time there so they probably got to know one another..but hey. You can always tell me to check the archives right?:)
She chose to go with him, but it was a tough choice.
Wow..your really blowing through these Q's. I'd like to thank you again for all the effort you put into answering our constant questions:)
Heres one that occured to me at work today.
I guess..this may be a dumb question...but did you ever say that Fu-dog was going to be a male??
If not or so or whatever the case, were you planning on making him a male or a female?
Just wondering! I know I wouldn't mind a puppy;)
I don't know if I said it, but he is a he. He's not a puppy though.
Hi (don't stay up night too long)
In all the spinoffs, you mentioned vilains that will show up, like: in Pendragon Duval is the main ennemy and in 2158: the Space-Spawns will be the main threat. What about Timedancer and New Olympians?
Will there be a main vilain in Timedancer and New Olympians?
New Olympians is easy... There's Proteus of course, plus Jove (and his crew, including Helios and Boreas' son) and Ekidna (and her crew, including Kiron and her reluctant daughter Medusa). Plus the usual suspects. Xanatos, Sevarius. You know.
TimeDancer's trickier. I haven't fully decided if there's one over-riding villain. Calaban's a possiblity. So's the Archmage-Plus, believe it or not. I have one story for him for sure. Then there's Constantine. And the Space-Spawn. Duval. Mab. Like I said, I haven't decided.
Hello I'm a really big fan of Gargoyles, I watch the show all the time.
Well here's my Q.
Is there anywhere on the web that your spin-offs are in print, or are they only at the gatherings?
Pretty much only at the Gathering. But you can get a lot of info on them by checking the following ASK GREG archives...
I hope you don't mind some more TimeDancer questions. I checked the archives, and most of the questions were along the lines of "Who is Brooklyn's mate?" and "Who becomes Brooklyn's mate?" Let's hope these are less redundant for you. :)
1) When Brooklyn is finished with his time-traveling... how does he know he's actually finished? What makes him think the Gate won't whisk him away again?
2) Once the initial shock is over, how will Broadway and Lexington react to the relatively sudden change in Brooklyn due to the whole TimeDancing thing?
3) What happens to the Gate when Brooklyn's done with it, (or perhaps when it's done with Brooklyn)?
4) Does Brooklyn (or Katana) suffer permanent injuries from their traveling? By this I mean scars, loss of limb, and whatnot.
1. For starters, he's back where he started. Also he's been chasing the gate. Once he arrives at his final (i.e. his starting) destination, he has no reason to chase it anymore. And finally, it's a visual thing.
2. They'll have to get to know each other from scratch. But it was meant as a startling reminder that the three were "growing up". They would always be best friends. And always there for each other in a crisis. But the days of the "TRIO" being joined at the hip were sliding away.
3. Gate starts over. A perfect paradox.
4. Brooklyn does actually. Mostly they just get older and more parental.
1) Were there ever plans to use the Archmage paradox? That is, did you intend to have time-traveling Brooklyn meet different versions of himself in the past or future?
2) Also, on average, how many episodes would Brooklyn spend in a single time period? I find it hard to believe that you would want to limit every time period to a single episode, especially for those in which Brooklyn spends a significant amount of time there, (months or years).
3) How did Katana and Brooklyn get along when they first met? Or rather, what were their first impressions of one another?
2. It would depend on the nature of the series. How big an order we had in the first place. 13 or 65. But generally some stops would have included multiple stories and/or required multiple episodes to cove. Also some places/periods he visited more than once.
3. I was planning a Sam-Diane thing. It's a bit cliched at this point, but we hadn't done it in Gargoyles.
You've said many times that you plan to introduce every myth and legend into Gargoyles, or least as many as possible. If and when the show returns (in the same format and present-day time period as the original show), would it take another story arc such as the World Tour to come closer to accomplishing this? I mean, traveling around the world does make it a little more convenient to introduce new characters and situations than hanging around in Manhatten. If the answer to that question is yes, then can you describe what this story arc would be like? Thanks.
Everything in its time. TIMEDANCER would have been a great outlet for exploring more myths. But we'd have covered more in the main series eventually. Starting, probably, with Mab.
At the end of Brooklyn's 'timedance' would he have the phoenix gate or would it still be lost in time forever?
He wouldn't have it, but it's journey would start anew.
Hello Greg, heres my Q's:
You said that Brooklyn would be helping Mary and Finella. Does he by anychance go back to Wyvern and see him and his buds frozen in stone? not a meaningful question I know..but..just wondering.
You said that our hero would find himself in China at some point and it was there that he would aquire Fu dog. I guess I just assumed,...yaya..I know what they say about that, that Fu dog would be Nashville's pet. I guess I just have a boy and his dog complex going *shrugs*
Is Fu Dog Brooklyn's Dog or Nashville's dog?
Who named him?
Yes, Brooklyn would have made a stop at Wyvern at some point in his TDancing.
Fu Dog is a Gargoyle Beast. Not a dog. He's not exactly anyone's pet. But Brooklyn finds him before he meets Katana.
As for who names him. Well, Brooklyn, sort of. That's just what they call 'em in China.