A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg! I know we fans don't thank you enough for doing this, I know it must be time consuming, especially when certain questions come up over and over again. So I'll just say thanks here before saying anything else.
Now, the question. Sorta... Back in July I asked a question along the lines of "Why does Katana name her son Nashville" and at the end of december you replied "Why does Katana AND BROOKLYN name THEIR son Nashville?" Honestly, this is the kind of response I had expected, its why I phrased the question the way I did. If I had asked why Brooklyn names his son that way you would have have responded the same way but filling in Katana's name, and if I had asked why they named their kid that way, you probably would have just said "Don't feel like answering that right now". As is, with that phrasing, you told us something, in that they agreed on the name and it wasn't really one's preferential choice... So now, after all that explanation of my previous question 6 months ago... 2 new questions on the same thing...
1) Is my take on this information correct in that Brooklyn and Katana largely agreed on the naming of Nashville, and that it wasn't just one's preference?
2) Why *DO* Katana and Brooklyn name their son Nashville?
I think thats it for now.. Sorry for being so wordy, and thanks again!
1. Yes. You are correct.
2. You are also correct in your assumption that I don't feel like revealing that right now. But feel free to try again in a few months.
I don't know if maybe you've said this before, but I was just curious...and was wondering if you'd care to tell us:
What time period is/will Katana be from?
Domo Arigato Greg-san!!
Uh. The past.
Is that a revelation?
In a previous question of mine, you revealed the piece of information that Brooklyn never gets a hold on the Phoenix Gate. I have to say that this was different than how everybody had been envisioning the situation so far, and though it answers some questions it raises a whole new bunch of them! If the gate opened infront of Brooklyn and whisked him away, deposited him somewhere and hopped away again... then why does it keep on reappearing before Brooklyn to take him away again? It can't be just coincidence...
No, it can't.
in 2158 would any members of the trio still be alive?
You just want me to give away every little secret don't you.
Well, I'm NOT going to answer this question positively or negatively except to say that a TimeDancing Brooklyn would be there.
In the gargoyles bible for the first season you had made mention of the existence of a 'very wise man' who first made an alliance with gargoyles building his castle of a gargoyle rookery and who ushered in the golden age of gargoyle-human relations...
Is this still how you picture it happening? The existence of a specific 'very wise man' was intriguing to me - is he just a generic figure, or someone whose name we would recognize? (I have my own idea on the subject ofcourse but I refrain from suggesting it in case it's considered a story-idea)
I was being generic in the bible on purpose to simplify things. Honestly, I don't think I ever really thought there was just one person who did that. The world was too big a place and there wasn't any internet back then to facilitate communication. So that "wise man" was a place holder in my mind for a number of intelligent humans and gargoyles who made multiple alliances over multiple centuries in multiple places.
One such alliance of "wise men" was the alliance formed between Hudson and Malcolm, which was brokered by Robbie.
Another alliance was that formed between Xanatos and Demona, brokered by Owen, with a little help from Brooklyn, Mary and Finella behind the scenes.
About garg clothing turning to stone you've given the explanation about the Magus of Rome casting a spell causing that to the whole gargoyle race...
1) Would that mean that he was a wizard of tremendous power (since he was able to cast a spell on a whole species) or did he simply have access to a spell or trinket of tremendous power? (the same way Demona had access to the praying gargoyle for example - the power that protected all the gargoyle race not being hers)
2) I know that the reason for this explanation was so as to explain the real-life standards & practices need of not having the gargoyles fly around naked, but still: did you ever plan to make an ep concerning the casting of this spell? Or would it be rather difficult to even approach the subject of gargoyle nudity? :)
1. I don't pretend to have worked out the details of it.
2. If I had gotten to do TimeDancer, I would have made a sincere attempt to try and do a light-hearted episode that covered this. Don't know whether it would have made it past Standards & Practices, but I would have given it a shot.
Would Brooklyn's kids still be alive for G2158?
If so, is that where Brooklyn gets the ideas for their names (I realize that this is another time loop thing, but it would be pretty neat)?
I can't answer this question.
It seems imperative to me that for G2158 not to render any present day series completely undramtic and moot, I need to be very careful not to reveal too much to Brooklyn or you.
Is Tachi's name supposed to be a throwback to her mother's name since both a katana and a tachi are bladed Japanese weapons?
Yes, more or less.
Do the Illuminati know about Brooklyn's time traveling adventures?
Would there have been major language barriers in the beginning between Brooklyn and Katana?
It depends how we wound up handling the whole language question on TimeDancer in general. We hadn't decided that.
But hopefully, the answer would be yes.