A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. as gargoyles in Japan have been living with humans for centuries, have they been using names throughout most their history, or all of it?
2. was there ever a time that the Ishimuran clan didn't use names? if so, when?
3. did Katana have her name when Brooklyn first meets her?
1. "Most of their history" would be a hell of a long time. But some of it.
2. Yes. Long ago.
3. Not saying.
Referring to that Tootsie Roll quote, did you mean "my sympathies" to those who know of it because it would mean that we're old, or were you apologizing to us for using that quote as your answer? Anyways, like Sapphire said, it's not *that* old--in fact, it played when Gargoyles was still part of The Disney Afternoon (I know because it's on one of my tapes, though it's a version with a robot and a dinosaur monster instead of "Mr Owl" and "Mr Turtle").
I know I had a question to insert in here somewhere.... Ah yes:
You also just said, "Tachi will also get some individual rearing, because B&K will be the only parents in range." Maybe I misheard you, but I thought that at the Gathering you said that from your timeline calculations, it turns out that Tachi will still be an egg when Brooklyn returns from his timedancing. So did I misunderstand, or did you do some re-calculating?
Tachi will be born after they return. But she'll be the only egg to hatch in 1998 and thus the only set of rookery parents will be Brooklyn and Katana. She'll have a lot of rookery aunts and uncles though.
But basically, I was splitting hairs a bit.
Ok, again my question. I heard that many fans wrote their own story about timedancer... But how can I read the official Story about Timedancer... Or excist only fanworks about that? Who is the author from Timedancer? .. And at least... will Timedancer be shown on TV anytime?
I came up with the idea for TimeDancer while I was still at Disney. I'd love to do it someday, but there are no current plans. I have a few TimeDancer stories and significant events in my head and in my timeline, but I haven't written any of them out as prose fiction.
1. Brooklyn and Katana will return from the Timedance with their two children and Fu-Dog, right?
2. are those two children their first two children? will they have another child in Manhatten? that would make Brooklyn's last child be in the same generation as Broadway and Angela's first.
1. With one child, one beast and one egg.
2. There's no reason biologically why they wouldn't have a third kid. But I'm not answering this question by confirming that they do. Lots of things MIGHT happen. As to the generational thing, I believe you are right in theory. But I don't have my timeline with me and I'm nervous about making mistakes. My memory for numbers is NOTORIOUSLY awful.
In 2198, should I take it that Katana Isn't with Brooklen at that point? And, does Brooklen stay with the resistance for the magority of the spin off?
Also, sence eggs take 10 years to hatch, do Brooklen and Katana have to lug each of their eggs around with them always to be sure that the egg time dances as well?
Initially, Katana is not with Brooklyn when he first arrives in 2198. Though Fu Dog is.
And yes, Brooklyn and Katana had to lug Nash's egg around for ten years. Tachi's for almost as long.
Brooklyn TD's to 2198 so he knows some things that are going to occur. But by him being in that time line, and not gone TDing doesn't that change things? I guess with Goliath and Griff the events that had to occur did, they just came about in different ways, because Goliath was there to change things. Is this correct?
By the time Brooklyn returns from TDing would he be resigned to letting things happen as they would?
Just keep his mouth shut, and let things occur?
Or at least warn ppl if he felt it necessary?
(IE: They can't stop a bomb from dropping, but they can at least be prepared to deal with it, in the very least, emotionally?)
I hope this wasn't too messy..
Uh, Lexy, I'm just not following your first paragraph, which may mean that you aren't getting the rules of time travel in the Garg Universe... or am I just dense?
What I will say is that Brooklyn intentionally does NOT learn much about the immediate future of his friends and family. What he knows of the future is of events two centuries removed. He doesn't go back and research the time between.
During TimeDancer, would Brooklyn et al visit future time periods beyond 2198? Or the truly distant past (pre-dinosaurs)?
No plans for him to go beyond 2198 (or 99 or so). No plans for him to go pre-dinosaur either.
What is the year, and month, that Brooklen starts, and finishes, his time dancing? What happens in the 5 minutes he is gone?
My current thinking is that Brooklyn vanishes in 1997. (I haven't pinned down the month.) And he's probably gone less than five minutes actually. Broadway and Angela (and maybe Lex) just have time to say something like, "Oh no, will we ever see our dear friend again?" (only better dialogue) before he reappears.
When Brooklen became leader for a short time, did he choose a 2nd in command from Lex or Broodway?
Does Katana have a beak like Brooklen?
1) Will Angela and Broadway raise their kids like humans, by only two parents, or will they be raise like gargoyles, in a collective rookery?
2) If so, will that trend continue into the future?
3) What about Brooklyn and Katana's children will they raise their children collectively or individually?
1. Like gargs.
3. Nash will be raised individually, initially, or communally if you consider that his TimeDancing parents represent the complete community of adults. Tachi will also get some individual rearing, because B&K will be the only parents in range. But both kids will get a lot of community parenting from the Manhattan Clan.