A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 7 records. :
In July 2008, Chip asked you "Do Leo and Una have any biological children, and have we seen them so far in the comics?" and you responded "Lunette is theirs. That wasn't meant to be a secret. Leo + Una = Lunette."
Did you mean that this wasn't meant to be a secret from us or did you mean that Leo and Una and the London Clan themselves are aware of Lunette's biological parentage? You've said in the past that the London Clan continues to raise their young in the Gargoyle Way, but they are not blind. Despite the communal parenting, do they generally have a good idea about which hatchling came from which couple? And was Lunette's name, and it's Leo+Una-like pronunciation more than a coincidence. Was the name given to her because the Clan knew her parentage?
I meant it wasn't meant to be a secret from the fans.
Beyond that, Lunette was a longstanding name within the clan, with Arthurian associations.
Hey Greg, a question about the London Clan...
If the gargoyles raise their young communally, who names them? You've stated that Lunette's name is a sort of amalgamation of the names of her parents. But under the system of communal nurturing, gargoyles are not aware of their biological parents, correct? So who named Lunette (or any of the other gargoyles, for that matter)? It would be a pretty strange coincidence for her to have been given a name that so closely resembles those of her mother and father if no one is aware of her parentage.
I 'stated' that? I mean it's obvious, but I don't recall stating it.
Lunette was NOT named by the clan as an amalgamation of Leo and Una. (She WAS named by me that way.) But Lunette as a name has a long Arthurian history.
If that's too big of a coincidence for you, so be it.
Is Una's horn real or just a part of her armor?
1) When did you create the characters of Staghart and Constance? What about Old Pog? Lunette?
2) Who is Una's second in command? Have we seen them in the comics so far?
3) I have a third question...but I think I'll wait until Issue #9 is out before I ask it.
1. Some time ago.
I've got a few questions about Sir Griff specifically, and the London Clan in General. I looked for them in the archives and found nothing.
1) In "Pendragon" King Arthur wondered how he was going to get Griff back to London. I've been thinking about it for a while and wondered myself: how did Arthur get Griff (and himself) back to London?
2) I'm assuming he met Staghart and Coco shortly after he arrived in 1996, what was his impression of the duo? Why does he not refer to them by their nicknames? (I'm assuming again that Staghart introduced himself by his nickname of Amp) Why did they choose to help Griff and Arthur protect the Stone of Destiny?
3) I doubt you'll answer this, seeing as you didn't at the Gathering, but just in case this question catches you on a generous day: when did the London clan's beast population go extinct?
4) Do Leo and Una have any biological children, and have we seen them so far in the comics?
5) Are there any heraldic archetypes besides [Lion, Unicorn, Griffin, Stag, Boar, and hippogryphs] that exist in the London Clan?
6) What was the London clan's population in 1940 when Griff vanished?
7) Besides the Manhattan Clan, are the London gargoyles aware of any of the other clans? In other words, before they met Goliath did they think that THEY were the last?
Some of these questions tend towards character analysis, and the others are just me wanting to get to know the London Clan a little better.
GARGOYLES LIVES FOREVER!!!!!!! We will rise again! The mere non-renewal of the series will not stop us!
2. Arthur tends toward the formal with all but his intimates.
3. When indeed?
4. Lunette is theirs. That wasn't meant to be a secret. Leo + Una = Lunette.
5. What you see and what you may see is what you get.
6. I haven't done the math. (Who knew this property would have so much math?)
7. Not saying.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
Elisa Maza gives the Trio a helicopter simulation video game.
Goliath, Angela, Elisa Maza and Bronx rest through the day in London, allowing Goliath's injured wing to heal. That night, they return to Avalon. Griff, Leo and Una become protectors of London again.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
The travelers immediately depart Avalon again, landing in London, where they meet Leo and Una, who remember Goliath from 1940 and blame him for the death of Griff. Goliath is mystified, and uses the Phoenix Gate to travel back in time to 1940, in an attempt to learn the truth and save Griff. He and Griff return to 1996, reuniting Griff with Leo and Una.