A Station Eight Fan Web Site
What does the moon look like when it is viewed on Avalon? By that I mean does it wax and wane more often when viewed from Avalon because of the 1 hour for 1 day rule? Can you see the waxing and waning of the moon on Avalon in one night because of the time acceleration outside Avalon?
That's a real good question... one that I haven't given a lick of thought too. (See, I'm happy to admit it when I don't know something.)
What do all of you think?
Could Avalon's magic make mistakes as Goliath suggested in The New Olympians?
Let's just say it's highly unlikely that Avalon would not send you to a place where you need to be. That doesn't mean you'll like it.
Why isn't there snow on Avalon? I mean they have a dangerous volcano so why no snow?
It's a summer place -- by decree.
Why did Avalon send Goliath and Co. to Norway?
How did Odin know that they were there?
1. To return the eye to Odin.
2. He sensed his eye immediately.
If you were on Avalon would you see the Southern Cross?
I haven't given it any thought. What do all of you think?
Hey, I just remembered something. Doesn't time move slower in Avalon than in the rest of the world? So when Goliath and the gang stay there, wouldn't everyone in Manhatten that they knew be dead?
Every hour on Avalon equals a day in Manhattan. You can do the math yourself, but the answer is no.
i have a question about the flora on Avalon, actually, a couple questions:
1. the plants on Avalon, like all the forests and stuff, were all those plants brought to Avalon or were they made whe and however the island was created? in short, are those plants real world plants or magic/Avalon plants?
2. if i went to Avalon and planted a tree, could Oberon control that tree as he did with the plants in "Ill met by moonlight"?
3. was the apple orchard that is near Oberon's Palace planted by mortals? if so, when did this occur?
4. in 2002, how are the tropical plants brought from Guatemala doing on Avalon? thriving?
5. does Oberon know of the tropical plants and if so what does he think of them?
1. Probably some of each, but more of the former.
2. He's very powerful. So, yes.
3. I have every reason to think that apples are native to Avalon.
4. Probably. No reason to think otherwise.
5. He does, yes. He must be okay with the idea or he wouldn't have allowed them in.
You can explain how is the reproduction of a gargoyle, you can specify times (hatch)?, it dont know if this contradicts the rules of the forum, but
seems me interesting. For example Angela's birthday. When it is when Demona put the egg or when breaks?
I'm sorry, but I'm just not clear what you're asking, but I'll do my best.
I've talked about Gargoyle reproduction before; check out the "Gargoyles Biology" Questions answered archive for details. But basically, gargoyles lay a new generation of eggs every twenty years. Those eggs hatch ten years later.
Demona laid the egg containing Angela in the year 988.
However, because time passes differently on Avalon, Angela didn't hatch until 1078.
Questions regarding three of the Fair Folk
1. After the Wierd Sisters were banished by a simple parlor trick, they rather easily accepted the ARchmage's suggestion for help. Why that as opposed to just using Avalon's magic to destroy the clan?
Why put that much trust in a single human?
Did they even hedge their bets with attempts of their own to remove the clan?
2. When Odin went through his entire deal of getting his eye back, why didn't he, at one point, attempt identifying himself as Odin before threatening a Gargoyle's protectorate? It seems he'd tried everything but the truth before threatening Elisa... and then the truth at the same time, so what really could it have cost him to identify himself before going to threats?
3. While Oberon may have seen himself as being well in the right for wanting to rid Avalon of the mortals, why didn't he think to identify himself as Oberon: Rightful Lord of Avalon? Seems to be pretty much an obvious thing that he may have missed.
Basing this next question on the idea that Avalon wants the humans and Gargoyle clan to remain (or else why bring the world tour group back to Avalon just in time?). Why did Avalon obey Oberon's commands to attack Goliath, Angela, and Gabrial?
1a. Well, I could say, "Why not?" But the not-quite-as-short answer had to do with their own banishment from the island by Oberon. By becoming "servants" to the Archmage, it enabled them to embark on the island at his command. Otherwise, how do they attack the Magus, et al, when they're forbidden to set foot on the island. There's also a longer answer and a very long answer, but I'm not getting into those now.
1b. They didn't.
1c. They have three plans in play and removing the clan is only a part of each.
2. Chalk it up, as he did, to recent inexperience at dealing with mortals.
3. I believe he did.
3a. That's a big assumption. The Island didn't bring the travellers back. To return to Avalon, the travellers use a spell. In any case, what the island wants and needs, doesn't change the fact that the island is soaked in magical energy, which Oberon is a master at utilizing.
1. is the leader of the Mayan Clan always or usually one of the Pendant Wearers?
2. does the name of the Pendant Wearer change in relation to sex? like the Sapphire Pendent on a male would be Zafiro, on a female Zafira for instance...
3. have gargoyles been in Guatemala longer than humans?
4. did Oberon ever find out about those tropical plants transplanted to Avalon? if so, what was his reaction?
5. how are those plants doing in 2001 anyway?
1. Usually, I'd say. Almost always.
2. I'd think so.
3. I'd think so.
4. I'm guessing he's okay with it.
5. As far as I know they're flourishing.