A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Was Carnage and Shikata to appear on "The Spetacular Spider-Man" before it was canceled.
This is reworked from my previous post as I realize I had worked a couple "ideas" in there, without really meaning too, because I got a bit carried away.
In response to the poster who talked about the gender imbalance (which I also noticed), you talked about the 4 traditional side kicks.
1) Even though Wonder Girl (Donna) and Wonder Girl (Cassie) showed up shortly after the formation of the Teen Titans and Young Justice respectivly, and Donna was essentially a creation for Teen Titans because the writers failed to realize that the previous Wonder Girl apperances were just a de-aged Diana, wouldn't you consider either of them as important core members of the team?
2) Don't you think we've progressed as a society somewhat in terms of gender equality since the golden age of comics, and should that not be reflected in updated revisions?
3) Any chance of Cassie or Donna as Wonder Girl showing up in future seasons (or even this season) of Young Justice?
1. Of course I would, but what does that have to do with anything? For the umpteenth time, BRANDON & I WERE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THEM WHEN WE DEVELOPED THE SERIES. We can't even have an intelligent discussion as to WHETHER OR NOT Brandon and I WOULD have included either Wonder Girl, because BEFORE we got to that point, we were informed both were off limits.
2. I do think we've advanced "in terms of gender equality". Now... don't you think you can wait a mere half-dozen episodes to see whether or not we've GOT gender equality in the series - before you ASSUME that we don't? (And by the way, the Teen Titans were Silver or Bronze age, not Golden.)
3. I am no longer forbidden from using Wonder Girl, but as I've stated MANY TIMES BEFORE - I'm not going to reveal whether or not a Wonder Girl or two will eventually show up. But that's NOT just a Wonder Girl thing. I'm not scooping ANY character that might or might not eventually appear -- with the obvious exception of Artemis, who debuts this coming Friday, February 11th. 2011 on Cartoon Network. Check local listings.
Hi Greg, I want to start off by saying I am a long time fan of your work, I enjoyed Gargoyoles (both the comic and the TV show) emmensly, and I love your other work as well. I am working at becoming a published writer as well as getting into the comic industry and you are one of those I'd list among inspirations. So please understand that the following critcisms are not a personal attack.
Someone pointed me to this site after I had started discussion about the lack of female presence in Young Justice's pilot, and I did see your earlier response about not being able to work in the female Leagures for speaking roles, and your reasons for holding Ms Martian back to the end of the episode.
You cite that Donna wasn't a member of the Titans until their second outing (or even a real proper character because originally Wondergirl was just a young Wonder Woman who ended up fighting alongside herself), and of course Cassie wasn't introduced to Young Justice till issue 4, but would it have been impossible to work Cassie or Donna into the series as a sidekick for Wonder Woman so there was some female presence. I'm not quite sure why there isn't going to be a Wonder Girl sidekick on the team since that's always been a staple of the young hero group? I thought Artemis was going to take that role, until I was told that Artemis in Young Justice isn't the Amazon.
Ms. Martian being the immediate target for flirtation was rather irksome; I hope that she shuts the boys down a bit ala Angela in Gargoyles.
I know you an write women really well, that's why this was a tad disapointing... but I enjoyed it over all, and hope to see more of the girls on the team.
But please consider adding a Wonder Girl to the team in a future season if she doesn't show up in this one.
I'm not even sure where to start here...
AGAIN... adding another character - male or female - would have simply CROWDED our pilot, doing a disservice to both the additional character and the four leads we DID chose to introduce.
AGAIN... Neither version of Wonder Girl was available to us back when the pilot was written. So that was NOT an option.
Miss Martian is NOT Angela. I'd be a pretty poor writer of female characters, if -- in essence -- I only wrote one type over and over again. (Ironically, the fact that Miss Martian is an "immediate target for flirtation" is probably the one thing she DOES have in common with Angela.)
The fact that Artemis is not an Amazon (and she isn't) seems neither here nor there. Try giving both her and Miss Martian a chance to show you who they are -- without preconceptions.
How did Crispin Freeman manage to find work in American cartoons? Before that he mostly works on anime.
You'd have to ask Crispin.
But the short answer is probably: "he's really good!"
Hey Greg, can you tell me when the comic book based on the Young Justice series will come out
It's out. Issue Zero of YOUNG JUSTICE, written by Kevin Hopps and myself with some gorgeous art by Mike Norton is currently available.
Greg I loved the young justice series already.I can't wait to see ep 3 Jan 21st. I was wondering if you were going to a valentine special of young justice. Please do.
Not this season. Our series spans six months, starting on July 4th. We won't make it to February.
I've just starting reading a book called Strange and Secret People by a woman called Carole Silver. The book details the various origins and theories behind fairies. In the introduction she mentions a changeling called Fenella in a story called Peveril of the Peak by Sir Walter Scott. Where you aware of Fenella? Is it a coincidence that her name is so similar to Finella?
The name "Finella" is historical. So I'm not the one to ask if it's a coincidence.
Why aren't you on twitter? I wanted to congratulate you on your work with Young Justice, and was sent here by your brother. Join us -- we wanna know what you're thinking. I'm @brando432, by the way.
I'm feeling a little ganged up on today.
My high school girlfriend responded to me e-mailing her happy birthday wishes by asking me to get on Facebook.
Look, it's just not my thing. I don't WANT to tweet. I don't want to follow the tweets of others. As it is, I barely keep up with my cellphone, e-mail and... I was about to say "and Ask Greg" - but let's face it, I'm answering month-old questions and have a current backlog of 172 more to respond to.
It's just not going to happen.
1. How old is Speedy?
I've already answered this... but...
How far are you comfortable deviating from New Earth continuity? Hmm that's a wierd question, but like um I dont expect you to go all Crime Syndicate on us.
Do you feel like there's certain things that even in your capacity as
a parallel earth that your not allowed to change?
And are there gonna be any HUGE differences from New Earth continuity in the future?
It all depends on one's definition of "HUGE".
I mean if you ask certain fans, the fact that we've teamed Superboy with Robin/Dick and Kid Flash/Wally as opposed to with Robin/Tim and Kid Flash/Bart is already huge. Etc.