A Station Eight Fan Web Site
How many languages does Demona speak??
I haven't counted.
also i know since i did not write a question it wont get posted but to the person that sends this to greg please let him get this. its real important to me. thank you again
Everything comes to me, unless it breaks one of the rules. Doesn't have to be a question.
Hello greg my name is charles and im currently in the navy. in about 4 months i will be a film student and i was interested in producing one of your works. i have a strong passion for film and i eat breath and sleep it. with that being said the school said i should contact you and maybe get to know you. so this is the only way i know that what i have to say will reach you. but i am very serious about my passion and when i finish school i have ideas of what i want to produce as far as film goes. so if you can please email me. im gonna put my email so you can contact me so i can have a better way to contact you. also the school i will be attending is full sail university. my email is email@example.com so i hope this reaches you . thank you for your time.
I'm afraid I have a policy not to contact folks directly. It's a fairness thing. If I did it for one, I'd have to do it for all, and that's just not practical.
Happy to answer your questions and/or communicate here at ASK GREG though.
Good luck in your last few months in the Navy and at film school.
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions and for your part in creating so many works of exceptional story telling. May I please ask a few questions about City of Stone?
1. May I ask what the people of Manhattan thought of Demona's appearance when she appeared on their TVs? Did they just assume that she was a human in a really good costume?
2. May I ask whether the Weird Sisters saw the entirety of Demona's broadcast? In part 1, they appeared as super models standing with a crowd of New Yorkers in front of a TV store. If they did see the entire broadcast, were they unaffected simply because they're Children of Oberon?
3. Did Bodhe happen to see Demona when she first confronted the Hunter at Castle Moray? If so, may I ask if he recognized her and if he still thought of her as a potential ally?
Thank you for your time, and I apologize if any of my questions have been asked before.
1. I hate to define things monolithically, but something like that.
2. They took whatever precautions necessary.
3. I'll leave that to your imagination for now.
According to the timeline:
September 10th, 1995â"Talon and the other Mutates flee [the Eyrie Building]. (âMetamorphosisâ)
December 10th, 1995. Talon, Maggie the Cat, Fang and Claw return to David Xanatos and take up residence at the Eyrie Building. (more than a week before the events in the âThe Cageâ)
Where did they go in the interim two months?
It didn't seem like conan understood who zatara was. Disappointing. But the smoking glove throughout the clip was hilarious.
Agreed and agreed.
Is Conan O'Brien/Flaming C now officially canon to Young Justice's Earth-16?
For Young Justice, are you planning to get voice actors who were in your other projects (Gargoyles, TSSM) and did you worked with Jamie Thomason in your shows?
Hey Greg, 1.When the Flash and Kid Flash were running in a circle around Captain Cold shouldn't that have sucked the oxygen from him
2.I noticed in the trailer that Robin was riding a motorcycle, but you confirmed he was 13, so does he have a driver's lisense.
3.They realeased a photo of Miss Martian on some kind of ship.Somebody said she was piloting something called a bio ship.Can you confirm that.
4.If you can can you say who was Green Arrow talking abut when he said ''Glad you didn't bring you know who''.
Thanks for all the help.Can't wait to watch Young Justice on Jan 21st.It would help to put a preview of episode 3 like say 3 minutes.Anyway awesome show.
1. They weren't running THAT fast.
2. Don't know.
3. Yes, she pilots the Bio-Ship.
4. Miss Martian.
I just wanted to say loved the pilot and can't wait to see what you guys have planned.
But I do have a question. Now I know you're not going to answer any "is so-and-so appearing in the show?" questions, but its just a hypothetical question. I noticed that Zatara was part of the league, and being a Zatana fanboy I was curious, since her dad is in the league and this is about their "kids," I was confused as to how old she might be in this universe, since she's usually one of Batman's fangirls. So, hypothetically speaking if Zatana were to appear in the show would she be her typical adult age or more around Robin, Kid Flash,or Aqualad's ages?
Was Carnage and Shikata to appear on "The Spetacular Spider-Man" before it was canceled.
This is reworked from my previous post as I realize I had worked a couple "ideas" in there, without really meaning too, because I got a bit carried away.
In response to the poster who talked about the gender imbalance (which I also noticed), you talked about the 4 traditional side kicks.
1) Even though Wonder Girl (Donna) and Wonder Girl (Cassie) showed up shortly after the formation of the Teen Titans and Young Justice respectivly, and Donna was essentially a creation for Teen Titans because the writers failed to realize that the previous Wonder Girl apperances were just a de-aged Diana, wouldn't you consider either of them as important core members of the team?
2) Don't you think we've progressed as a society somewhat in terms of gender equality since the golden age of comics, and should that not be reflected in updated revisions?
3) Any chance of Cassie or Donna as Wonder Girl showing up in future seasons (or even this season) of Young Justice?
1. Of course I would, but what does that have to do with anything? For the umpteenth time, BRANDON & I WERE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THEM WHEN WE DEVELOPED THE SERIES. We can't even have an intelligent discussion as to WHETHER OR NOT Brandon and I WOULD have included either Wonder Girl, because BEFORE we got to that point, we were informed both were off limits.
2. I do think we've advanced "in terms of gender equality". Now... don't you think you can wait a mere half-dozen episodes to see whether or not we've GOT gender equality in the series - before you ASSUME that we don't? (And by the way, the Teen Titans were Silver or Bronze age, not Golden.)
3. I am no longer forbidden from using Wonder Girl, but as I've stated MANY TIMES BEFORE - I'm not going to reveal whether or not a Wonder Girl or two will eventually show up. But that's NOT just a Wonder Girl thing. I'm not scooping ANY character that might or might not eventually appear -- with the obvious exception of Artemis, who debuts this coming Friday, February 11th. 2011 on Cartoon Network. Check local listings.
Hi Greg, I want to start off by saying I am a long time fan of your work, I enjoyed Gargoyoles (both the comic and the TV show) emmensly, and I love your other work as well. I am working at becoming a published writer as well as getting into the comic industry and you are one of those I'd list among inspirations. So please understand that the following critcisms are not a personal attack.
Someone pointed me to this site after I had started discussion about the lack of female presence in Young Justice's pilot, and I did see your earlier response about not being able to work in the female Leagures for speaking roles, and your reasons for holding Ms Martian back to the end of the episode.
You cite that Donna wasn't a member of the Titans until their second outing (or even a real proper character because originally Wondergirl was just a young Wonder Woman who ended up fighting alongside herself), and of course Cassie wasn't introduced to Young Justice till issue 4, but would it have been impossible to work Cassie or Donna into the series as a sidekick for Wonder Woman so there was some female presence. I'm not quite sure why there isn't going to be a Wonder Girl sidekick on the team since that's always been a staple of the young hero group? I thought Artemis was going to take that role, until I was told that Artemis in Young Justice isn't the Amazon.
Ms. Martian being the immediate target for flirtation was rather irksome; I hope that she shuts the boys down a bit ala Angela in Gargoyles.
I know you an write women really well, that's why this was a tad disapointing... but I enjoyed it over all, and hope to see more of the girls on the team.
But please consider adding a Wonder Girl to the team in a future season if she doesn't show up in this one.
I'm not even sure where to start here...
AGAIN... adding another character - male or female - would have simply CROWDED our pilot, doing a disservice to both the additional character and the four leads we DID chose to introduce.
AGAIN... Neither version of Wonder Girl was available to us back when the pilot was written. So that was NOT an option.
Miss Martian is NOT Angela. I'd be a pretty poor writer of female characters, if -- in essence -- I only wrote one type over and over again. (Ironically, the fact that Miss Martian is an "immediate target for flirtation" is probably the one thing she DOES have in common with Angela.)
The fact that Artemis is not an Amazon (and she isn't) seems neither here nor there. Try giving both her and Miss Martian a chance to show you who they are -- without preconceptions.
How did Crispin Freeman manage to find work in American cartoons? Before that he mostly works on anime.
You'd have to ask Crispin.
But the short answer is probably: "he's really good!"
Hey Greg, can you tell me when the comic book based on the Young Justice series will come out
It's out. Issue Zero of YOUNG JUSTICE, written by Kevin Hopps and myself with some gorgeous art by Mike Norton is currently available.
Greg I loved the young justice series already.I can't wait to see ep 3 Jan 21st. I was wondering if you were going to a valentine special of young justice. Please do.
Not this season. Our series spans six months, starting on July 4th. We won't make it to February.
I've just starting reading a book called Strange and Secret People by a woman called Carole Silver. The book details the various origins and theories behind fairies. In the introduction she mentions a changeling called Fenella in a story called Peveril of the Peak by Sir Walter Scott. Where you aware of Fenella? Is it a coincidence that her name is so similar to Finella?
The name "Finella" is historical. So I'm not the one to ask if it's a coincidence.
Why aren't you on twitter? I wanted to congratulate you on your work with Young Justice, and was sent here by your brother. Join us -- we wanna know what you're thinking. I'm @brando432, by the way.
I'm feeling a little ganged up on today.
My high school girlfriend responded to me e-mailing her happy birthday wishes by asking me to get on Facebook.
Look, it's just not my thing. I don't WANT to tweet. I don't want to follow the tweets of others. As it is, I barely keep up with my cellphone, e-mail and... I was about to say "and Ask Greg" - but let's face it, I'm answering month-old questions and have a current backlog of 172 more to respond to.
It's just not going to happen.
1. How old is Speedy?
I've already answered this... but...
How far are you comfortable deviating from New Earth continuity? Hmm that's a wierd question, but like um I dont expect you to go all Crime Syndicate on us.
Do you feel like there's certain things that even in your capacity as
a parallel earth that your not allowed to change?
And are there gonna be any HUGE differences from New Earth continuity in the future?
It all depends on one's definition of "HUGE".
I mean if you ask certain fans, the fact that we've teamed Superboy with Robin/Dick and Kid Flash/Wally as opposed to with Robin/Tim and Kid Flash/Bart is already huge. Etc.
Thirty minutes left until the reairing of the Young Justice premiere, so I thought I'd pass the time asking a completely unrelated question.
I saw your recent response about zombies, and how you like the old-fashioned "voodoo zombies" but not the modern, post-Romero zombies. I at least partly disagree, as I feel the best zombie movies can be good vehicles for social commentary (for instance, I thought the recent Land of the Dead was a brilliant metaphor for war profiteering- on the other hand, Dawn of the Dead was probably pretty clever at the time, but criticism of shopping malls now seems hopelessly dated). But that's just a difference of opinion. I was more interested in seeing how zombies might show up in your work.
1. Did you think of Goliath in "Temptation" as a zombie? Was that intentional on your part?
2. Do you think zombies may make a more formal appearance in Gargoyles, or have you covered that ground in "Temptation?"
Thanks for reading. I'll probably write up a ramble on YJ sometime this weekend, once I've seen it.
1. Loosely, I guess.
2. At the moment I have no plans, but...
When I was asking if there will be some new villains in Young Justice, I wanted to say if you will create some more new caracters for this series ?
Depends how you define "new".
Since one of the tag lines of the show YJ is "don't call them sidekicks" and is early or DC JLA universe does that mean that there will be young superheroes that were not "sidekicks making appearances or fighting along with YJ team?
Don't confuse marketing with content.
In the theme song of the Spectacular Spider-man under one of the photos there is a headline reading " the final, fateful photo by Peter Parker". Was this hinting at something?
I don't recall that, so I'll say... no.
1. Ballpark figure: how many requests do you think you've gotten from fans to have Keith David voice Black Manta?
2. Do you have any favorite Young Justice character designs?
3. Have you ever seen the videos of Tim Gunn discussing superhero fashion? You should check them out on YouTube (though you might not agree with what he has to say about Black Canary).
1. Haven't counted.
3. I have. It's fun, and I agree with much of what he had to say but not all. Of course, he and I are coming at it from, uh, a different "orientation"... i.e. he's a fashion professional and I'm a comic book geek. ;)