A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg, where is Wonder Woman in all this? I love her.I have been reading comics for a few years now and loved her and Superman and the interesting interactions through their proteges Con and Cassie. I don't get the Lois thing over and over. Never did and for once it would be nice to see a different Earth play off what the fans hoping to see but people keep telling us we can't or it wouldn't work but they never never even try. I think it would be nice and very in character for Wonder Woman to help/encourage Clark with Superboy seeing she doesn't have a side kick as yet and now you've brought Miss Martian in as a love interest for Conner, well that's Cassie sidelined. It's not fair. We always get screwed in terms of our ships. Sorry for the whining. :) I recall Superboy even had a crush on Diana in comics lol...but then he is a lot more fun in comics.Boy, he is angry and why is his IQ so low? I hope to see progression with him and Superman.
Well, starting at the end of your post, Superboy's IQ isn't low.
But I'm not exactly sure what you're upset about. We haven't even shown Lois, so you can hardly say that she's taken precedence over Diana.
As to why there's no Cassie in the series, I've answered this over and over, so check the archives.
And Wonder Woman's role will expand a bit as the series continues. But keep in mind, our focus is on the teens -- and how they interact with the adults. Not on the adults and how they interact with each other.
Is it just me or did the characters who used the suped up venom look like Jackle and the woman with him like Hyena?
I think it's just you.
1. Do you know what Tad Stones, Bob Schooley & Mark McCorkle are currently working on?
2. Any "possible" chances you might be able to work with those guys again?
3. In your opinion, do you think they really should consider making another Buzz Lightyear movie?
1. I think Bob & Mark are working on Penguins. I'm not sure what Tad's on these days. Which reminds me, I should call all three of 'em.
2. I HOPE so.
3. Uh, Toy Story 3, anyone?
1.Can you talk about the relationship beween Superboy and Miss Martian?
2.Does Superboy sleep in a bed?
3.Are we going to see the Watchtower in Young Justice?
1. I can.
2. Most of the time.
3. No comment.
Hi, Mr. Weisman! Another Young Justice fan here. I happen to love the show and like the darker Superboy (it makes total sense...brought up with people who called him 'it,' very very little social interaction, rejected by the man he aspires to be) and I have some questions to clarify some points or just to see if any of my insane fan theories regarding future episodes hit anywhere near the mark. Yes, I know that last one's not likely, but a girl can dream, right?
So. Why did the Justice League choose to only allow their sidekicks into the gym and library? Obviously this had been built up to for some time, and I can hardly imagine that the League has forgotten their youth enough to think that they would just want that (unless they have?). I don't think it was outright condecencsion (did I spell that right?) either, because frankly, if they're facing bullets with you, one would think they'd earned your respect. So why?
And to entertain you with the various wild theories about Artemis, rumor has it that she's Jade Ngyuen or Artemis Crock and most likely impersonating Cissie King. I'm not asking who she is, because I'll find out next week, but that's what I've heard.
Isn't the timeframe for Artemis joining Green Arrow a little odd? It's been, what, a month or two since Roy left; isn't he switching sidekicks a little fast? If it's a plot point later on, you don't have to tell me.
I like Kaldur. I really do. I want a guy like him as my older brother. We already know his sperm donor (I refuse to call him a father, because fathers love and care for you, and unless there are extenuating circumstances revealed later on, I do not count Black Manta as Kaldur's father). Is his mother a possible plot point?
And that's all I've got. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this!
1. I think the League thought it was a cool first step. And I think if it weren't for the older Speedy (who had more information), it in fact WOULD have been satisfactory for the other three.
2. As revealed in episode 8, she's Artemis Crock.
3. Stay on the alert for issue #7 of the Young Justice companion comic book.
4. His mother's more than "a possible plot point". We'll meet her eventually.
I actually meant to make this post a while ago after the premier of Independence day, but I just haven't gotten around to it 'til now so most of these are questions I made a note to ask regarding the pilot.
1. How old is Barry Allen?
2. Why didn't that scientist have a g-gnome on her shoulder? I think her name was dr. Spence and I remember in two of the shots with her, she wasn't wearing a G-Gnome. Guardian seemed to need his on him at all time so does that mean that she was aware of everything she was doing in the way Desmond was?
3. How come Superboy could open the gate leading into projekt Kr but not the one on SL-1? Wouldn't it make sense for the deepest parts of Cadmus to be protected by the strongest gates? Also he seemed to rip it open so effortlessly while he and Aqualad wasn't able to put a dent in the other gate.
4. This is kind of random, but I noticed that after he transformed, Desmond still had his ponytale, at least in the beginning. Then, at one point during the battle, it just seemed to vanish. What was up with that?
5. I presume that Superboy will age normally from now on (at least as what's normal for a cryptonian) and I was just wondering why. Is it simply because the accelerated aging had to be constantly maintained to continue or is it something else? (If it's not a wait and see thing then I would love to know how it works).
6. I hope this doesn't come of as racist but Wally seemed very quick to infatuated by Megan. I'm not saying a martian and a human can't be together, but it would be expected for any 15 year old boy to be a little bit hesitant about hitting on a girl with green skin. Has Wally had experience with aliens before or is he just that open-minded by nature?
7. Did Mr. Friese kill those people in the beginning? People seem to have interpreted that scene very differently, but I haven't been able to come to any kind of conclusion. Of course it's not really my call, but I think it's an extremely important detail to be clear on. If you agree with that, I would really appreciate if you could answer this.
8. I get that Wally isn't keeping his identity secret from the team, but he's still trying to keep it secret to both villains and the genereral public right? Why then does he run around fighting mister twister without his mask? And for that matter why doesn't he get mad when Megan says "I got you Wally" right in front of the bad guy? Just from that little encounter it shouldn't be hard for those scientists to deduce his secret identity.
9. Continueing the secret identity thing, does those dark glasses really make it impossible to see Dick's face? Couldn't any villain of the slightest intelligence just check up on all 12-14 year old boys with dark hair who lives in Gotham and figure out his identity, based on said encounter with mister twister. (This would propably give up Batmans Identity aswell, presuming Bruce has adopted Dick in the show like he originally did)
10. When Megan turns into Red Tornado and fights twister, where is the real tornados comming from? The scientist said Tornado was in the vicinity. Did he create them from a distance or was it Wally spinning and making small Tornados like Flash has been seen doing in severel other versions of his character?
11. You've previously said that Robin has been fighting crime for 4 years. Can you tell us how long some of the others have been 'at it'? Superboy is obviously new to the whole thing. Wally said Megan was "pretty inexperienced" so that oculd mean she is new too, but not necessarily (I'm completely unfamiliar with her character so I'm completely lost here). I don't expect you to give up Artemis because it's propably in the show, but maybe you could tell us regarding Wally, Aqualad and Speedy?
While I'm posting I wanted to ask you something a little different. I know you're propably not the one to decide for or against it, but have you considered maybe accepting donations via internet payment? Shamefully, I must admit I haven't been completely legit about watching the show, because it is simply not available in my country (It won't be for at least a year and when it does it'll suck because we only have like 10 talentless voice-actors doing all voices on cartoons in Denmark). Still I'm a huge fan and really wanna support the possibility of future seasons. Since I can't do that by watching the show on TV, I could make a small donation to make up for watching it illegally. (I'm sure plenty of other non-americans feel that way so it might help out a lot in proving to the buseness guys in charge that it's worth it to give the show a pick-up).
Thanks for any answers you might give me and for all the awesome shows you're behind!
(PS: Sorry if this is a repost, having trouble with my computer)
1. Asked and answered. Check the archives.
2. No comment.
3. Heavier gate. And no, it doesn't make sense. Security to the outside is more important than security within the complex.
4. His skin got pulled off. Maybe the ponytail fell off. (I honestly don't remember.)
5. No comment.
6. How open-minded do you need to be with someone that attractive?
7. It's an important detail - that's subject to the viewer's interpretation.
8. Well, I think there's more than one Wally in the world. But, yeah, he's trying to keeping his identity a secret from everyone but his fellow heroes. But the entire Team was caught without their costumes when the Twister thing began.
9. First, there must be a TON of dark haired boys in Gotham in that age range, and even if they're aren't what good would it do? How would you then identify Robin? Second, this is a world where Clark Kent's glasses hides his identity, so sunglasses have to work even better.
10. Wally. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
11. Asked and answered. Check the archives.
As for donations... I don't know how that would work. I don't own the stuff, so as much as I'd like free money, it makes no sense to donate to me. And I don't have a clue how you could donate to Warner Bros., Cartoon Network and/or DC Comics.
About gargoyle's senses:
1-Their hearing seems sharper than humans, but just how much? Can they hear as well as a dog does? A cat? (like a gargate, I know, lol, but just to give a general idea :D)
2-Their night sight seem to also be far sharper than humans, for obvious reasons. Can they see as well as a cat does in the dark? Or less or more?
3-Brooklyn sniffs at Elisa, so maybe scent is an important factor for them? Just how acute is their scence of smell?
1. Depends on the dog... or cat, I guess.
2. I don't know.
3. Acute enough.
I am a mexican fan of the show seeing the show (before it airs here in Mexico).And I must day that unfortunately the part in spanish had some mistakes.For instance nobody says "combate singular" it would be more common a "combate uno a uno".But otherwise amazing episode !
All I can say (again) is that the Spanish-speaking folks who translated the writer's English into Spanish chose "singular". (Us English-only speakers didn't do the translating obviously. And we didn't use google-translations or anything like that.) And neither of our Spanish-speaking actors seemed to have a problem with it. They did correct other lines that didn't seem right to them, but not that one.
I'm not saying we got it right, only that we did everything we could think of to get it right. And clearly at least one Spanish-speaker disagrees with you.
I just wanted to say that, that was the best version of Bane I've ever seen in animation, and that it's hard to explain how happy I was to see Santa Prisca as one of the locations the team visited.
I mean being a hispanic guy who wants to go into acting (not voice acting) it always made me sad that there aren't many Superheroes, or Villains that I would ever be in the running for.
I dont know if it's confirmed or still a rumor that they're using Bane in the third Batman movie, but his rumored actor isn't hispanic, and that made me a bit upset lol.
Yeah so I just wanted to say thanks, for giving Bane not just a good tan, but making him really hispanic.
You're welcome. But it's totally selfish. Diversity and authenticity makes for better entertainment.
There's no denying your timeline is really impressively dense, but I was wondering how far into the future(or past) does it go?
And how does that process work? Do you just keep moving forwards or do you feel a need to add in events in this area and a related or unrelated one in a completely different point in time?
I'm not sure WHICH timeline you're referring to here, but the process for me is the same for all of them. I add entries as I discover them, getting more and more specific as I learn more. Some entries are based on ideas. Some on execution.
As to the past and future, the Gargoyles timeline goes VERY far back and as far forward as 2199.