A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Wow I can't believe how old some of these questions are. 2000? Dang, I was barely in kindergarden. This show is just not that old in my mind D:
Anyway, just some curiousity questions about Jackal and Hyena since I just realised I adore these two.
1. Did the Pack live in Pack Media Studios when they were big stars? Besides, Fox, I've never seen them "at home", except for Jackal and Hyena, but that was after they were cyborgs. I always figured them as a 'family' when I was little, but of course now I can see that is very far from reality, so I can only wonder if they lived together or not.
2. It's been said on here and just around the internet that Jackal and Hyena are completely nuts; a sociopath and a psychopath I believe, as well as being amoral in every sense of the word, save for towards each other. I was curious as to if they're the kind of people that would be some level of incestiuous? I mean, I doubt it would strike them as "bad", and even if it did, I doubt they'd care.
1. No, they didn't live at the studio.
2. I don't think so. He's not her type.
I've been reading through the archives, and came across some comments you made about Lexington's sexuality, and how you wouldn't have been allowed to reference it on television (even implicitly). I was just curious if, over a decade later, restrictions on this subject matter had changed at all?
ie. IF you determined that a character on Young Justice was gay (and BTW, this is all theoretical... it's not my sneaky way of asking if any gay characters will appear) do you think there would still be the same sorts of restrictions?
I'd hope not, but you never know...
I'm afraid there would.
Does Aqualad actually have fins or are they just part of the costume??
Part of the costume. He does have gills though.
Hi Greg, thank you for connecting to everyone. Fifteen years later, I'm sure questions about "The Kiss" never end, so who am I to part with tradition?
>It is my understanding that, for soap operas and/or ongoing series, actors do get sprung some story-surprises in their scripts. Although it was likely 1 to 2 pages of script, was "The Kiss" that kind of surprise for Salli Richardson and Keith David?
>Did they record their dialogue together? because it was extraordinarily acted.
Honestly, I can't remember. Wish I could.
So we all got a pretty good look at some abs in "Infiltrator". But one cannot help but notice a severe lack of bellybuttons...
SUPERBOY ISN'T THE ONLY CLONE HERE, IS HE.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the absense of animated belly-buttons.
Hello! I am a long time watcher of all the shows you have created and I have frequented the site quite often but this is my first post. First I would like to say the obligatory keep up the fantastic work. Secondly I would also like to comend and coment on Young Justice the show in and of its self is great, my coment comes from the profusion of on particular coment that I have seen on the site namely Why is Superman being such a jerk to Superboy question. My interpretation of this issue is that you would have seen a similar dynamic if you had called Suprboy Le-Lak in stead of Kon-El if you follow me. If I am right about this, I like the way you have chosen to show the other side of the orignal dynamic without superboy being evil of course.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the "Le-Lak" reference, beyond the obvious, i.e. that it is "Kal-El" backwards. So I may not be following you.
The YJ theme song and the visuals are very cool. Were there other versions of either the theme or the visuals that you had? What sparked the decision to have scenes from an episode in their respective appearance?
Also, the flashback in "Bereft" hinted that Megan might've picked up her catchphrase from a TV show. Or was she perhaps on the show? ;)
Is Aqualad the only Atlantean to use Water Bearers, or is it part of his maturity as an adult, like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly? The Queen didn't use Bearers at all.
What sparked the choice to have the Atlantean speak in "Downtime," and who created it? Was it hard for the voice actors to do?
It was Brandon's idea to use scenes from the episode in the middle of the main title. I was leery of the idea, as I don't like spoilers much, but Brandon and our editor Jho Reyes always manage to find great images that tease without spoiling.
Aqualad is considerably less advanced magically than Mera. He requires the tool; she does not.
The Atlantean was a challenge for everyone. But I think it turned out well. The idea was mine, in keeping with what Brandon and I have done with the REALITY of foreign languages in the series as a whole. I figured it should be some variation on Ancient Greek, and contacted Aris Katsaris, a Greek Gargoyle fan in order to get his help for both the translations and the transliterations. Figure that anything we got wrong... is because Atlantean is an unknown dialect of Ancient Greek.
Another "Downtime" question; where was Artemis during and after the disastrous Clayface mission? Was she on a break or did Batman take her off for a specific reason?
Check out issue 12 of the Young Justice Comic Book for an answer.
Hi Greg. Some of my questions may cross in to "spoilery" territory. Sorry if that happens.
1) Regarding "Schooled" ... I noticed that Amazon only duplicated the League's powers one at a time is that how his power works, or can he use their powers all at once?
2) Is there a limit to the types of powers that Amazo can duplicate? For instance, could he duplicate magic-based powers like those of Zatara and Captian Marvel?
3) Speaking of Captain Marvel... As a huge Shazam fan I am often annoyed by modern interpretations of the character which often depict him as either 1) a second rate Superman, or 2) a mentally retarded six year old. Can you comment at all upon Young Justice's depiction of Captain Marvel?
4) My favorite cartoon from the 80s, Dungeons & Dragon, clocks in at 24 minutes. Young Justice seems to be 21 minutes long. (Do I have that right?) Why are the episodes so short, and is there anything we can do about this for future seasons?
1. One at a time, at least for now.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. Assuming your stats are accurate, I assume it's to make room for more commercials.
Thank you for answering my question sir.
I hate to bug you with a follow-up, but I was just curious, had Catherine Cobert shown up in the pilot (and I guess by extension if she does evershow up, though I'm sure you couldn't answer that specific point), would she have had a French accent?