A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Is Robin a freshman simply because he has a late birthday or has he skipped a grade? Or some other reason?
2. I know Black Canary is in a relationship with Green Arrow. Are Wonder Woman and/or Hawkwoman in a relationship with someone as well?
3. Will we find out why Paula got arrested in the show/comic? I don't want to know why now, just if we'll find out. =]
4. I know you don't like to spoil your own show. Is that why we don't get previews of next episodes.
1. He hasn't skipped a grade.
2. Hawkwoman is married to Hawkman.
3. For crime.
4. That's not up to me.
Contact Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to ask and find out if they are planning to release Gargoyles The Complete Series DVD Set containing all three seasons for a 2012 release.
I have no contacts there anymore, I'm afraid.
a few question, thanks for taking the time even read these let alone answering
1. On recent online survey they asked who everyone's favorite young justice character was and Robin won by a considerable margin. Do you find this surprising?
2. How did you pick the voice actor, was it audition o did you request certain people? WHATEVER YOU GUYS DID, GREAT JOB!
3. How much stronger is Superman the superboy? It seemed like pretty big difference as Superboy could barely drag a pus off a ledge and superman was able to pick it up with ease( not to mentionan entire bridge)
4. Whose better at acience Wally or Dick? (both seem to know a lot)
5. Is Wally in any advance classes at school? Given his scientific knowledge it seems as though he should be considered a genius.
6. Does Wally intelligence come from speedsters abilities to think through things faster?
7. Who is Superboy closest to among the males on the team? he seems to enjoy Wallys company as he was the one who opened his home to him. They also seemed to have a good time mocking the tornado twins together. But then again Aqualad seems to understand his emotions more then other.
8. Do the other members of team ever look down at Robin for being so young or has he well since proved his ability to hold his own to them?
9. Is Aquaman from atlantis or was he originally from the surface world like some of his origins dictate?
10. Is superman married is this universe or even in a relationship with Lois lane?
Thanks for any answers you can give
2. For Season One, we held auditions for the six leads (plus Superman). The rest were cast.
3. A lot.
4. Wally is way better at pure science. Dick is better with technology.
7. He's probably closest to Aqualad.
8. No one looks down on Robin - unless you mean literally, as he is the shortest member of the Team.
9. He's from Atlantis.
10. He's not married. Beyond that, you'd have to define "in a relationship".
1. Does Tim Drake exist on earth 16 if so how old is he?
2. Why was the league existence secret at first?
3. How old was Mr.Carr in the vision and how old is he now?
4. Is oliver queen still a millionaire?
5. How did Mr. Carr got involved with the league?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. It seemed to make sense at first not to let the bad guys know that the good guys were getting organized.
3. Snapper was 18 in Superboy's vision. Mr. Carr is 22 now.
5. Being at the right place in the right time during their first adventure together.
1) How old is Hal Jordan?
2) will we ever see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl during the run of the series?
1. Hal is 33.
2a. You already have by now.
2b. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
According to your timeline, Demona and Thailog were back in New York when Oberon put the city to sleep. Did Demona and Thailog fall asleep?
I'd think not.
My question didn't appear for some reason:
In one episode of Gargoyles ("High Noon", I think it was), Lexington is attempting to fix Coldstone. For a split second, the name "OTHELLO" appears on his laptop, is this a name that Xanatos (or possibly Lexington) gave to him for programming reasons (or possibly as a Project name?) or was it an easter egg that was not meant to be taken literally?
Mostly the latter.
Hey greg I wouÃ±d like to ask some questions regarding side characters
Has Cat grant worked in the Daily planet as a newspaper reporter?
Why haven't we seen Lois lane reporting close to the big news as cat grant?
Is Cat Grant more influential/ famous than Lois Lane?
Has clark Kent ever worked with cat grant?
Has Lois Lane earned the pulitzer prixe in earth 16?
How famous/influential is clark kent as a reporter?
Thanks for your time.
2. Because we've been showing television reports, not print reports.
3. I don't know about influential, but Cat is a national television correspondent and Lois is a local newspaper reporter, so you can do the math on "fame".
4. Not directly, no.
5. No. Neither has Clark.
6. About the same as Lois.
Hello~ I've been a fan of "Young Justice" for some time, and I've been wondering:
For the scenes with martial arts (Black Canary, Robin, Batman, etc...) do the animating team actually study the moves and reference, or do the animators and storyboard artists just "whip something up"?
Thank you :D
Some of each, probably.
When were bruce wayne's parents born and how old were they when they died?
They were born in Gotham City. I don't know their exact ages, but they were probably in their late 30s or early 40s when they died.
Do homi magi's exist on earth 16?
Existence and knowledge of existence are two different things.
Beyond that, NO COMMENT.
(sorry for my other post it this one fixed)
for my question 2
i just wanted to ask will we see any action with Cheshire and Red Arrow?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
1. Since episode "Targets" reveal Cheshire height how tall is each member in The Team plus Red Arrow
2. Black Canary is the team training leader will see more training?
love the new the episodes keep up the awesome work
1. I don't know.
2. Yes, some.
1. Will Red Arrow be in any new episode?
2. I just want to ask will we see any Cheshire and Red Arrow in new episode?
3. When will Red Arrow join the team?
Huge fan of Red Arrow hoping I will see him an any new eps
keep up the great work!
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. Who says he will?
When we post a question we are asked if we've checked the archives first. People just ignore that because they keep asking the same questions over and over. Doesn't the administration here filter these questions? Why don't these repeated question get deleted?
How can you stand answering the same thing over and over again?? Especially when it's "NO COMMENT" or "SPOILER REQUEST"? Do you think fan want to wear you down and you'll spoil away the show?
It's not the job of "the administration" i.e. Todd to "filter" for these questions. I've asked Todd to do enough just to make sure the rules that I need enforced for legal reasons are being enforced. It's not fair to turn him into an overall Ask Greg Cop. That's NOT what he signed on for.
I'd prefer if posters self-policed anyway.
And by the way THIS issue has been ASKED AND ANSWERED more than once too. So your post, sympathetic as it is, also only added to the problem.
Silly question: where exactly do you type your answers? Do you write them directly in the answer box (I assume it's similar to our question box), or do you write them on Word and then copy paste them here. I'm curious because I don't believe I've even seen any typo or iffy sentence construction from your answers. And typos are normal to slip by. Do you proofread each of your answers before sending them?
Kuddos on your skills.
I write them right into an answer box. And I do make every effort to proofread and edit my responses thoroughly before I post.
But if you've never seen any typos, etc., here - then you haven't been looking too carefully. (Which I'm cool with, actually.)
Hey Greg, I really like the show and had a couple of questions.
Question 1: How does Commissioner Gordon afford to send his daughter to a private school on a copâs salary.
Question 2: I debated asking this because I have a feeling it might be a spoiler request but I wasnât entirely sure. If it is, feel free to ignore it. Edward Nygma never struck me as having superpowers so why was he being held in Belle Reeve?
Thanks for your time and really I adore the show.
1a. He's not living on a cop's salary, but a Police Commissioner's salary.
1b. There are scholarships.
1c. None of your business how he chooses to budget his money.
2. <sigh> As stated MANY TIMES ALREADY, Belle Reve isn't just for individuals with super-powers. It's for individuals, who qualify as super-criminals. Sometimes the brain is mightier than the brawn, and a traditional prison is not capable of holding these criminals.
Gargoyles is my childhood. Some may still say i am a child but can I say thank you for a truly amazing story and my favorite show of all time. I do not know if this question has been asked before but I recently watched all 78 episodes of gargoyles on youtube. Imediately wanted to buy the seasons. So i bought season 1 and season 2 volume 1 and was shocked when I found that volume 2 and the Golaith chronicles were cancelled. I also know that the seasons on dvd have footage uncensored that was not displayed on disney. I wish to see the remaining episodes from the unreleased seasons this way. Is there a chance they will ever get released? I want gargoyles to live on and give my children at chance to see your materpiece. I would greatly appericate your time, thank you so much!
ASKED AND ANSWERED. CHECK THE ARCHIVES.
Me again Greg just a quick question,
If Lucas "Snapper" Carr appears in another DC cartoon, would you want to voice him again?
I'll take all the work I can get. ;)
YJ feedback and things I would like to say about Barbara Gordon:
Greg, I would like to say I am very very happy that you've casted Jesse McCartney and Alyson Stoner as Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon and that they are now some of my favourite YJ characters. If Dick and Barbara weren't voiced by any "good talented" Disney stars, they would have been boring characters.
I don't know about you Greg. But since she's voiced by a "good talented" Disney star I really felt Barbara's personality is leaning towards "Christy Carlson Romano" territory after watching her appearance and attitude on your show. It's a good thing BTW. Oh and I would love to see more appearances of Barbara.
I'm thrilled with Jesse and Alyson too - though I wasn't aware that either were "Disney stars" and whatever roles they may or may not have played in the past had no influence on us here.
Will we see more of barbara and bette in future episodes
Will the Light be the main villains for the whole series or just this season?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Twelve episodes into "Young Justice," and my question is essentially the same one I asked after the premiere: why is this show so predominantly focused on the male characters at the expense of the female?
The show still features only two girls on the team. The women of the Justice League have hardly been seen at all - your interviews when the show began certainly led me to believe Black Canary would play a far stronger role. But most frustrating of all, even this far into the season, Miss Martian and Artemis are consistently portrayed as the least experienced heroes struggling to keep up with the boys.
Last week in "Terrors," we got to see Superboy and Miss Martian undercover together - with M'Gann quickly discovered and captured, and eventually rescued by Superboy. This week, Artemis got to follow Robin around, panicking and asking, "What do we do?!" Yes, she was the one to save her teammates in the end, but she did so following Robin's plan, and the momentum of the episode was built around her fear, not her strength. It would have been a powerful emotional journey - if your show also allowed women to be the strong and independent heroes as often as the boys. When most of the stories are about the guys taking the lead, an episode like this about Artemis just serves to underline the disparity between the tough guy heroes and the emotional rookie girls.
(And a more minor note: I was also pretty disappointed by the cameo from Barbara Gordon, one of my favorite comic characters in all her incarnations - reducing such a brilliant and independent person to a moment of glaring jealousy.)
I'm sincerely baffled how such a dude-heavy show can come from the writer behind the many wonderful women of Spectacular Spider-Man - not to mention the same writer who gave the world Elisa Maza!
I don't think it is "predominantly focused on male characters at the expense of the female". And I don't agree with most of your characterizations of our characterizations.
I think you have a very black-and-white view of what qualifies as "strength" - let alone what constitutes an "independent" character - male or female.
I'm very proud of Elisa and "the many wonderful women of Spectacular Spider-Man" but I don't think that any of those characters DEFINE how other female characters should be presented. Female strength and independence should be as diverse and multi-faceted as those qualities are in males. I try to write what is RIGHT for an individual character instead of putting her OR him in a pre-assigned slot for strong or independent.
If you don't see Artemis as strong, coming out of "Homefront" than I feel like we've little common ground for discussion. To me, it's not lack of fear that makes one strong, but how one triumphs over that fear.
By now, you've probably seen that next to Batman and Red Tornado, Black Canary has the largest role of anyone in the League. I'm personally quite happy with Miss Martian and Artemis and how they've been presented. We've added Zatanna, and we're not done.
Maybe by now you've changed your mind. Maybe not. And you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But you haven't come close to convincing me that you're correct.
I'm curious how Icicle Senior managed to get Killer Frost, Mr. Freeze, and Captain Cold to cooperate with him in his plan to bust the other cons out of Belle Reve. I mean, these guys are villains, not heroes. I understand why heroes would want to help out other heroes, but I think villains by their very nature wouldn't really care much about the well-being of other villains unless it's somehow in their own best interest or if the villain that they are helping is someone that they are personally close to. Why would these guys be so altruistic as to help anybody else?
Altruism had little to do with it. The phrase "in their own best interest" from your post stands out.
Hey, Young Justice is awesome man! Your doing great on that series.
1. How come while Artemis, Robin, Wally, M'gann, and Superboy have to go to school, Aqualad doesn't?
2. Are you planning to reveal more about Green Lanterns in Young Justice or at least making them a main focus in an episode?
3. What grades are the Team all in?
1. He graduated from his basic Atlantean required schooling and completed his mandatory military service. And he dropped out of the Conservatory of Sorcery.
2. Eventually, the television series and/or the comic will reveal more.
3. Conner & Megan are in 11th grade. Wally & Artemis are in 10th. Dick is in 9th.