A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg, Recently I finish the second season, I have 1 question related with "Depths" and the discussion(donÂ´t know if thereÂ´s a better term for what happen) in The Bio-Ship:
What was expecting Superboy to happen to M'gann if he told the League/Nightwing about?
sorry if is hard to read, english is not my native tongue
Your English is way better than my skills at ANY other language, but I admit I am not quite clear on what you're asking. Superboy had no desire to tell the League or Nightwing about what he perceived as Miss Martian's excesses. He was hoping that his own disapproval would be enough to get her to see the light. Is that what you wanted to know?
Liked seeing all the items from the comics in "Alienated." By the way, how did the Light learn of Rimbor, and why did they choose the six Leaguers to rampage there?
Vandal's been alive a long time and been in partnership with Darkseid for a big chunk of that. He knows his way around.
I'm not sure I understand your second question. Are you asking why he chose those specific six leaguers as opposed to a different grouping? If so, I think he felt they could do considerable damage. And he had other work for the rest. Plus they're prominence didn't hurt. Or maybe it was just random. Or maybe he watched the old Justice League cartoon.
Troia and the marvels left the team in year 5 and the video game, Young Justice: Legacy, tasks place in February of team year 5 and they aren't in it does that mean they left in either January or before February 15.
also according to this
time become robin in the same time frame, did they level before or after he joined? or did you mean that he becomes robin in July-august and they left between July to February 15?
1. Just because they weren't in the game doesn't definitively mean they had already left the Team. Robin wasn't with the others in "Denial," but he was still with the Team. He was simply otherwise occupied. I haven't set a specific date (beyond the year) for when those three left the Team.
2. Again, you're attempting to connect things up that don't need to be connected. I haven't set a specific date (beyond the year) for when Tim Drake/Robin joined the Team.
How much does the team and the League actually know about Wally's death? Did they just accept it at face value - that Wally was struck by lightning and died? Was there some sort of investigation? What did they conclude?
No one thought he was struck by lightning and died. I assume you don't think that either, and that you are intentionally over-simplifying what you saw on screen. And, yes, they investigated to the extent they could. The conclusion is that Wally was killed, disintegrated.
Why was Beast Boy drastically redesigned in season 3?
He was drastically older, i.e. he had undergone puberty, and he no longer felt the need to stay in his monkey-boy form.
Hi Greg, Excellent finish to the Zatanna arc. I appreciate it a lot as someone who understands the magic principles that I feel shaped the arc ("A Magician performs the real trick while their Assistants occupy the minds of the audience").
There was a few minor things that I was hoping you could provide some clarity on, not necessarily giving spoilers - more a curiousity if some seeming inconsistencies are thought out and intentional.
1) I enjoyed that the sinking of Atlantis lined up to ~9000 BC, as stated by Plato when he first described Atlantis. But, Plato also alleged Atlantis to be at war with Athens (despite us knowing historically that Athens as it was wouldn't have existed then, nor Minoan or Mycenaean Greece). I was curious if some Proto-Minoan state which would eventually become Greece may have existed in that era to survive with the stories of Atlantis?
2) On that train of thought; was curious if this potential society, may have contributed to the Atlantean Language origins?, since Modern Atlantean is based off of Ancient Greek, but Atlantis' sinking and presumably its linguistic drift would have occured long before Ancient Greece became a language.
3) So obviously the 12 000 Years aren't necessarily precise, but taking them as being such, we get the Babylon Events (or rather Vandal's Babylon's rise) as being 7586 years post Atlantis. Assuming it was 9000 BC exactly; that gives us a date of 1414 BC.
You've previously given Ishtar's birth as 1816 BC, indicating a rather long lifespan - presumably immortality. But, Ishtar was first known by history as of around 2400 BC - to be syncretised with Inanna in the Akkadian Empire.
1414 BC is also within the Kassite era of Babylon, far from the most prominent or first Babylon - With Hammurambi's Code (which seems like a good thing for the Lords of Order to lay witness to) being in around 1700s BC.
Question is basically if you had considered these dates and elements, and if you had a reason for the inconsistencies (would love if you'd lay out the reasons, but understand if that would qualify as spoiler, so would be satisfied in knowing if it had been considered or not previously)?
4) These next two are slightly different, but similar wheelhouse in dates and ages. First, Carol Ferris. You've said for her to have been born in 1986 (so 24 for S1 in TY0), while Hal became a Lantern in 2000 - where she'd have been 14. While obviously Hal and Carol aren't necessarily connected in YJ, I was curious if you had been considering these elements when assigning her age? (And ofc, knowing that since its CIT, that you could just as easily change it if it didn't line up to your intents)
5) Similarly, we have Superman and Lois, who are romantically entangled. You've said that Superman joined the Daily Planet when he was 21, so either 1998 or 1999. At this point in time, Lois would have been around 16. Is this something that you'd considered when assigning their ages? (again, knowing full well that you're able to change the ages to suit further elements as desired since they're not established in the show material).
1. Probably, given the linguistic connections between Ancient Greek and Modern Atlantean.
2. See, you made my case for me.
3. I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers. But they don't match up with my timeline at all.
4. I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying Hal's too old for Carol? I mean, obviously, he is in 2000, but not by Team Year Zero.
5. All ages were considered relative to the relevant characters in their lives.
Where was Virgil's sister coming from when Virgil was waiting to see her? (before he was abducted)
I haven't thought about it.
Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
1.- Did Billy Batson became weaker, as in 1/3 weaker, by sharing the power with Mary and Fredy? Or was he given 1/3 of the power from the start?
2-. When you said CaptainÃ¢â¬â¢s marvelÃ¢â¬â¢s speed depended on which season we were talking about, does that mean Captain Marvel became weaker due to sharing the power?
3.- When Billy fought Despero as Captain Marvel, was him losing so easily to Despero in part caused because he had already shared the power of SHAZAM and therefor was weaker at that one? If so I assume Superman would have fared better than him, wouldnÃ¢â¬â¢t he? Not an hypotethical, just Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
4.-Assuming he became weaker by sharing the power of Shazam does that mean Captain Marvel is not close to SupermanÃ¢â¬â¢s or IconÃ¢â¬â¢s power levels anymore?
1. The former.
2. Yes. Season One, he was at full power. In between S1 and Season Two, he shared his power, permanently. Can't get it back. So from S2 on, he's at 1/3 power.
3. Yes, that's true.
Is the hero that accompanies Ice in episode 413 Isis?
What's her real name?
How old is she?
Is she THE Isis from "Intervention"?
2. Isis. Beyond that, no spoilers.
3. No spoilers.
4. In a sense.
Episode 13 wow what a way to kick of the Hiatus, Zatanna is a morally gray character instead of being completely white I like it.
1) So was the inciting incident was Zatanna thinking about Dr.Fate having four hosts instead of one?
2) So Is Granny just waiting for dejected super powered people waiting to temp them to their darker sides acting as a devil on the shoulder, I found this odd.
3) There seems to be a theme of addiction and unhealthy dependence to things, We have seen this theme somewhat hinted with Superboy in season 1.
3.1 And would I be right when talking about Red Arrow at the beginning of Season two was he having a substance abuse problem too?
3.2 Beast Boy coping with depression and sleeping pills.
3.3 Finally Mary who is actively atleast as of episode 13 relapsing, was all this intentional or am I reading too much into this.
4) Now if I recall correctly the Shazam Family was supposed to have an arc in season 2 so my question is was your plan for Mary always to have her be a presence like this in season four or did things change because of season 2. If I were to guess for the last thing and I don't know how right I am was the plan to have her be an active member of team and show her dependence on the power as she was initially part of the team in year 6 but this was later relegated to offscreen development between the 5 year timeskip.
5) Last question which has whatsoever absolutely no relation to the above questions, have you read Multiversity Thunderworld and did you like it, If not I really think you should read it and the rest of Multiversity especially Pax Americana, SOS issues. I think they should be right up your alley. Have a great day.
2. I didn't find it odd.
3.1. I think so.
3.2. Is there a question here?
3.3. I don't think you're reading too much in.
4. Actually, the Shazam Family was supposed to have an arc in our companion comic. Not Season Two. She was never supposed to be on the Team in S2. She was supposed to be at the wedding shower and in the group of heroes who go after the Reach devices at the end of the season. But in any case, the Comic was cancelled, so we never got back to it, and our timeline moved forward. And we couldn't spare the man-hours to design her for two cameos in S2. But the basics of Mary's predicament in S4 and forward were always part of the overall plan.
5. I have not read any of that.