A Station Eight Fan Web Site
* How old is Dudley?
* Is he Billy's uncle, or his guardian (or both?)
* What does/did he do for a living? I noticed a poster in Misplaced, he looks like some circus magician.
* Why didn't he have any lines in Misplaced? You had Corey Burton in the cast, after all
1. Dudley is 65 at the end of Season One.
2. He is Billy's legal guardian. They're not actually related by blood, but Billy calls him "Uncle Dudley". And Dudley certainly is avuncular.
3. He's had many jobs over the years. Now, he's eligible for Social Security. Plus he takes odd jobs, and is something of a scammer.
4. Well, we didn't think he NEEDED any lines, but this is a good question generally, and provides me the opportunity to explain how the system works - at least on our series.
All our actors - Corey included, of course - share a similar contract, with a favored nation clause. That means whatever deal one actor gets, if it's superior to what the other actors have, they ALL get it. That sounds great, but it has the reverse effect. It means the studio is NEVER willing to pay extra for anything or anyone, because if they do - then they have to match it for EVERY actor in the series, and that's just not budget-friendly.
So that means every actor - whether they're famous or a first-timer - gets the exact same deal.
And, per SAG (i.e. the Screen Actor's Guild), here's the deal:
*For a specific amount of money (that, NO, I will not state - so don't ask), we get an actor to play ONE character per episode.
*For no additional money, we can ask that actor to play a SECOND character in the same episode.
*For a SMALL additional fee, we can ask that actor to play a THIRD character in the same episode. (The budget allows for this small additional fee, so you'll often see us use one actor for three voices in a given episode.)
*But if we want a FOURTH character, we have to pay the actor from scratch. A full second payment.
So, it costs us no more or no less to hire ANOTHER actor to play that fourth character as it would to ask an actor already in the cast to play that fourth. And if we hire that other actor, we can get him or her to play a FIFTH character for free, and a SIXTH for that small additional fee. So there's no economic insentive to give one actor more than three roles.
Now, we're not above doing it when it's warranted. For example, if we needed Superboy, Superman, Zatara and Marvin White in one episode, I wouldn't hesitate to pay Nolan North two full payments to get them. BUT - and here's where your original Corey question comes in - if we could get away with Marvin appearing WITHOUT speaking, then that would save us some money, and it's a path we might take.
SO, with Corey, we NEEDED him to play Brain, James Gordon and Wizard. That's three voices. We didn't need Dudley to speak, so we saved some money there.
I love Young Justice. Though I always seem to miss the new episodes. It just about ruins my day when that happens. Just being able to watch it on T.V. makes me jittery with joy. Can't believe I'm gonna miss "Coldhearted". Maybe I'll catch it on Sunday. You've done good with The Universe. I can't wait for more!
Thanks! Hope you got to see it!
If Queen Bee is in the light is that how Sportsmaster knew about the Bialya mission?, if so why would they tell one of their servants?
1. Pretty much.
2. They wanted him to know.
Now does the team understand why Captain Marvel always hangs out at the cave? and please at least consider subtitles for when they cast spells?.
1. I suppose they do.
2. Why would we do that?
Does Artemis play any sports? And if so which ones?
She's really good at archery.
1. Does Batman have a love interest in Earth-16? (Not asking who 'cause that is probably a spoiler request...)
Just wanted to say that I love your show! Thank you for your time!
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Two things i'd like to know
1. Since homefront have the others learned that Artemis shot that arrow at Amazo? and
2. Now that the team knows who Billy really is do any of them feel bad about tricking him in humanity?
1. I think at this point, pretty much everyone knows.
2. I suppose. It's kinda water under the bridge.
hey man the shows awesome got a couple of questions
1. are Wally and Artemis gonna hook up
2. are you gonna introduce original characters
3. how long did it take to come up with an acronym for Monki
cheers man looking forward to watching more episodes
1. By now you've seen them get together at the end of Season One.
2. On rare occassions.
3. MONQI - and it took Nicole Dubuc and I a couple of attempts.
Hello, Mr. Greg Weisman,
I'm back with posting #9. I wasn't able to post yesterday (the day before this posting) because I had a technical issue and wasn't able to use the internet. But now I am able to today. Here's my new set of questions.
1. I was wondering if you could tell me what the specifics of each part of Earth-16 Batmanâs batsuit are? This question was inspired by watching the Christopher Nolan film Batman Begins and its sequel, The Dark Knight. These two movies did a great job in explaining/showing the functions of each part of Batmanâs suit (the gloves, the cape, the suit, the belt, the gauntlets, etc.). If youâve ever watched these two movies, you probably have a vague idea on what Iâm trying to say. Also, could you tell me whether this is Batmanâs only batsuit on Earth-16, or does he have more than one?
2. If Billy Baston is depicted as 10 years old, THEN when he transforms into Captain Marvel, what is the EXACT age difference between his adult and child form? An exact number for his adult age would actually be extremely helpful at this point.
3. Where did you come up with the idea to allow Captain Marvel to hug Batman and Zatara? Has he ever done that beforeâ¦? But seriously, that was downright funny, and I laughed like mad! Just for fun, when Captain Marvel gave the hug, what were Batman and Zatara thinking at that very moment?
4. When exactly did Wonder Woman decided to leave the island of Themyscira, and what important events happened to her between that time and 2003?
5. I am a person who believes that when I see things that may have something in common with another, there are absolutely no coincidences. First, in the DC relaunch, the first Justice League story arc established that in 2006 (chronologically in the mainstream DCnU), Darkseid invaded Earth (because he was searching for his daughter at that time). Second, it has been revealed via information on the internet about one of the new DC relaunch titles, âEarth Two,â which is coming in May, that the parallel Earth-2 (which is much different from before the DC relaunch) was known to have been under threat by Apokolips (and not necessarily by Darkseid himself). Third, we have Young Justice: Invasion, which is the second season of the cartoon series that you announced a long time ago, that has our main characters needing to prepare to fight against an invasion. Is there some common theme that I am seeing?! Is Earth-16 going to be under threat by the upcoming Apokolips?! Or is it just my imaginationâ¦? Your response will hopefully help to tell me how accurate I am.
Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. As always, keep up the good work.
1. I'm honestly not sure what you're asking me here, and I have seen both those movies. But he does have more than one suit, in case he spills something.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. Just seemed in character for him at that moment. I think Zatara was annoyed, and Batman was already a couple steps ahead, focusing on what this all meant.
4a. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4b. You gotta be kidding me. You expect me to post her entire biography here?
5. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT. Other than to say that as I've been ASKED AND ANSWERED before, the goings-on over at DC haven't had any effect on us one way or the other, because we were already too far along.
Was it fun or nostalgic bringing those 3 guys from gargoyles back for that one episoe?
It's always great to work with talented people and old friends.