A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Is it my imagination, or is there something wrong with Kid Flash's super speed after 5 years? I mean, The Flash and Impulse appeared to be WAY more faster than KF!
Flash (Barry Allen) has always been considerably faster than Flash (Jay Garrick) and Kid Flash (Wally West). Impulse (Bart Allen) is as fast as Barry. But nothing's changed in our series - on this topic - from moment one.
I have a few questions/comments:
1) In "Bloodlines", it appears that Wally arrives in Central City just after Impulse. However, when Nightwing calls Wally initially, the map indicates that Impulse is already in Indiana/Kentucky at this time and moving very rapidly (passing through states in several seconds). I believe Central City is somewhere in the midwest, though you haven't specified. Given that Wally is established to be noticeably slower than Impulse, if he is in Palo Alto when he gets the call, he would likely arrive in Central City a good bit later than Impulse. This is supported by how long it takes him to run across the country in "Coldhearted", although that was during a blizzard. Is Wally's quick arrival a continuity error? Maybe he was already near Central City when he got the call. There's probably enough ambiguity that it can be explained away regardless. Sorry for being so nitpicky about this. Feel free to provide a snarky response.
2) I liked line about the intersection of "Fox and Gardner". I'm sure this was a shout-out to the late Gardner Fox, original writer of Jay Garrick's Flash. Do you remember whose idea it was to include that line?
3) Peter David wrote "Bloodlines", and he also wrote the original YJ comic. Did he write this episode because it was the introduction of Impulse (a primary character from the comic)?
4) Was Neutron's suit intended to resemble the Anti-Monitor from Crisis on Infinite Earths? I'm not too familiar with Neutron, but from what I could tell his suit design on the show appeared to deviate from his designs in the comics. I thought this might be intentional as a reference to Barry Allen's memorable death in the crisis.
5) Lastly, why did you choose Sportsmaster as a primary villian on the show? I imagine it was related to the decision to use Artemis. I ask because I think you've done a great job of making Crusher Crock compelling and realistic. I like how he pole vaults over a wall in "Targets" and uses the discus and javelin as weapons. In my opinion this makes him seem much more like an athlete (decathlete?) and less like a big thug/goon which many villian enforcer types seem to be.
Thanks for answering, and here's hoping for many more seasons!
1. Uh, does the term "Zeta Tube" ring any bells?
2. Mine or Peter David's.
3. I think that, in part, made it fun for him.
4. No. It was designed to resemble Neutron's suit from the comics.
5. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Was Impulse saying "spoilers" when he accidentally revealed a future event at all influenced by the use of the catchphrase "spoilers" in Doctor Who (mostly in relation to River Song and the Doctor meeting in the wrong order)?
It might be. Though I feel like I'd heard that before River too.
Is it just a coincidence that Jason Marsden voiced Impulse after voicing Noel Kreiss, a time traveler trying to set right a dying future, in the English dub of Final Fantasy XIII-2?
It's a coincidence, as I have zero familiarity with Final Fantasy anything.
You said that the relationship between Dick and Barbara was that of best friends wit h potential. In terms of the five year time jump, has this changed?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
One more quick question from a curious insomniac...what is Psimon's heratage? (keeping in mind "American" is a nationality, not a hetatage). I ask because the voice actor makes him sound slightly Germanic, but Nightwing said something to the effect of him being Bialia's enforcer (i know the two are not mutually exclusive). And having spent over a year in Afghanistan, I know the fact that he is much "whiter" doesnt exclude him from being middle-eastern either.
I'll leave that to your imagination for now. Beyond that, it's a SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
On Earth-16, is Barbara a better hacker than Dick?
I know this question will most likely be answered before you ever even see it, but im really hoping she is...i am NOT asking if she will ever become Oracle, if that means anything.
It's not a competition.
In regards to using a bow and arrows, is Artemis preferably right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous? What about Green Arrow, Speedy (even though he never truly made an appearance in Season One), and Red Arrow?
I don't know - what do you see on the show?
Disney has signed with Amazon's CreateSpace "manufacture on demand" program. The benefit of that program is that you can release content that wouldn't otherwise be profitable, because there's no inventory risk, because inventory is only produced as it is sold.
Supposedly the first round of Disney stuff is going to be all one-off films, but I was wondering if there have been any whispers in the grapevine about maybe considering to do some of the unfinished Disney TV-DVD series (Gargoyles, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck... holy moly, did they finish ANY of the series they started?).
I'm not sure if you'd be involved in such a thing, but have you heard hide or hair of it?
I'm not in the loop.
What are the production codes for the Young Justice episodes? Are they 101, 102, etc. or are they specific numbers?
Our script numbers were 101-126 and 201-220, but there were different numbers for production: 345-661 through 345-686 and 345-861 through 345-880.