A Station Eight Fan Web Site
hello¡ my question is:
In manhattan, ebribody have a moderns pistols, but elisa have a old pistol.why?
(I´m sorry, my english is not good because i´m spanish)
Um. Elisa has a modern pistol. So does Matt and most of the cops. Some of the crooks, however, are using the technology that Dracon stole from Xanatos in "Deadly Force".
Oh Greg the episode Metamorphisis was pretty cool the mutagen thing and all. Do you know in reality how they do gene transference between different organisms like the gene tranference between Derek and a panther, electric eel and bat. Viruses they insert genes into viruses and inject them into a creature where the viruses insert the foreign genes into the creatures DNA and it usually takes 5 months for the creature's DNA to accept the foreign genes as opposed to the 2 days in the episode Metamorphisis. Also there is also a high risk that the immune system would gobble up the mutagen plus the body also gets rid of cells that are mutated so in reality if a mad scientist ever injected you with a mutagen containing the DNA of animals your immune system would destroy the mutagen or the cells that has been mutated
Oh, sure. But, uh, Sevarius compensated for that with something that temporarily weakens the immune system.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
In "Walkabout," you state that David and Fox really were going to follow through with the Matrix reshaping the planet. I find that pretty jaw-dropping, even if it was to be a selective reshaping. They'd have to basically take over the world in order to do it. Not like they can just do it here or there and go about their business. But onto the specific questions:
1) What in particular did David and Fox have in mind for the world's reshaping? What did they see wrong with it that they sought to righten, or alter in their favor, with the Matrix?
2) How does this goal mesh with Xanatos' pre-established personality? I thought he was already comfortable in the world as it was. And why not? Free trade had evidently benefited him quite well. He was probably the most powerful, non-governmental man on the planet, no? X doesn't seem like the type to rule an empire, like in "Future Tense" (which was a tip-off as to the falsehood of Puck's dream). Rather, he seems to simply want control and power, but in a, well, down-to-earth way.
3) Did Anastasia care?
4) Does Xanatos still have the Matrix technology?
All right, your 1st paragraph premise is faulty. When did I say that? What were my exact words? Cuz I certainly didn't mean to even imply what you've written here.
1-3) These questions are moot, given the above.
4) Xanatos and Fox still have the research that led to Matrix.
Do you think our technology will progress further than the magic of Oberon's children? When will Oberon's children reach the limitations of their magic? Would any of them possibly decide to live amongst us mortals and begin thinking scientifically, like an outcast fae, that would prefer sceince over sorcery?
1. Apples and oranges.
2. Who says they will?
3. To some extent, Titania has done this already.
1) Is the company credited with the invention of the technology used in hovercraft owned by Xanatos Enterprises or Cyberbiotics?
2) Does Renard's chair work along the same principles?
1. I don't understand the question.
2. Same as what?
Can AIs like the Matrix and Talos ever grow advanced enough to develop a capacity for emotion, or will any AI no matter how far it evolves always think in terms of cold pure logic?
I don't set forever limits on anything when I can avoid it.
I've noticed lately that you've been getting a few questions about the earth's rhythms that set the female gargoyles 20 year cycle.
I noticed in this book called '1500 fascinating facts about the universe, it's world and it's people,' a section about the earth's rhythms and biological clocks. I thought that this might help people to understand about these Earth rhythms. (This is quoted straight from the book.
"BIOLOGICAL CLOCKS ARE MYSTERIOUS TIMING SYSTEMS."
"What controls the patterns of our sleeping and waking hours or the bodily rhythms necessary to health and life? Some scientists belive that all living things have built-in timing systems. Others are of the opinion that 'biological clocks' are set by the natural rhythms of the Earth's electromagnetic or gravitational forces. Still others consider that both internal and external forces are responsible. Plants manifest rhymthmic changes in their 'sleep movements'; they raise their leaves during the day and lower them at night. Interestingly, this rhythm is maintained even where light and temperature are kept constant."
And to the rest who doubted me: SEE!
On Garg evolution:
Quote: As to their numbers, it's a chicken/egg thing. They reproduce so infrequently. I think that once upon a time there was a risk of Gargoyles being a species that threatened to overtake the world - as humans eventually succeeded in doing. Gargs were tough, intelligent, mobile, cooperative and nearly invulnerable- even when asleep.Maybe Mother Nature gave them some handicaps on purpose. Maybe humanity was created as competition.
*snip a lot of very interesting stuff on evolution occuring on a planetary scale and the role of humanity in it*
1) Were the gargoyles 'created' as competition for the Lost Race?
2) Were the fae 'created' as competition for any for humans or gargs, or both?
3) If so, it seems rather unfair to give humans THAT big a challenge vs. nearly unkillable godlike energy being-esque things..why is a challenge THAT big?
4) Will a challenging race arise on the planet to challenge the current three someday?
1. Don't take that quote too literally.
3. See above.
4. There will be challenges -- from many sources.
Can mutates and humans have children together?
Did New Olympian scientists ever try to explain the workings of magic scientifically, seeing how it's a tech-driven society but has knowledge of magic?
To some extent.