A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I'm not sure if this was ever asked but did Angela tell her Rookery siblings that Demona was her mother, If so where they in shock about it?
Well, they didn't really know Demona, except as that garg who attacked them while under a spell. So it held less significance from an "oh my god, Demona!" standpoint.
Also, I'm sure they all have mixed feelings about the whole biological parenting thing. I'm not sure that Angela did tell them that Goliath was her biological father. That would seem too much like unseemly bragging. (So maybe for that reason alone, she didn't mention Demona either.) At any rate, they all would have thought of Goliath and Demona as Clan Parents.
ok, i'm finally clear on the amount and sexes of the beast on Avalon! two females, including Boudicca, and one male, so:
1. are the other female and male beast mates?
2. are either of them related to Bronx?
3. if there are three beast, and Angela said she had fifteen rookery sisters, that means there are seventeen male gargs in the Avalon rookery (3 beasts + 16 females + 17 males = 36 gargoyles) am i wrong?
1. They will be eventually, if not already.
2. Haven't thought about it.
3. Doesn't appear wrong.
1) How many children will Gabriel and Ophelia have?
2) What are their names?
3) Will any of their children become involved with any of the children of Manhattan clan?
4) Will the Avalon clan raise their eggs collectively or individually by the biological parents?
5) Will any of Gabriel & Ophelia's children appear in GARGOYLES 2198?
1. Not telling.
2. Won't, Tell and You.
3. Can't say.
5. This was JUST asked!
Hi Greg, my question is, by 2198, would the Avalon Clan be still in Avalon, Or would they have gone into diferent clans by that time, to help build up the gargoyle population?
The Avalon Clan is still in Avalon helping to build the population from there.
How is life for Katherne, Tom and their "eggs" now that they live in the smae castle with the world's supply of fey? I would think it might be very hectic, dangerus and "sub-ter-fuge-ic" with all the tricksters, evil banshees and gods. Do you?
A famous curse goes something like: "May you live in interesting times."
Such is life in Oberon's palace.
1. what spinoffs would be see Gabriel and Opheila in?
2. what is the relationship between Angela and Opheila?
3. when Opheila hatched do you imagine she had that head frill or do you think it grew in later?
4. how would you describe Opheila since we've seen so little of her?
1. Gargoyles for sure. Maybe Pendragon. Big maybe on 2198. Maybe TimeDancer.
3. She had a little one.
4. I'd start by spelling her name right.
you said that Tom, Katherine, and the Magus tried to raise the eggs in the gargoyle way as best they knew from experience and any information the Magus had, etc.
so, Tom knew that gargoyles don't use names, he had that whole conversation with who would become Brook and Lex (btw, i love this scene) so why did they give the eggs names? were they just too human to resist the temptation? did the three humans all agree to give them names or did one or two of them not want to name the gargs?
Tom may have objected at first, but with us poor humans, I think it's just too hard. I can't see Katharine having that kind of patience. Even the new improved Katharine. And once she and the Magus starting using them, then Tom and the gargoyles themselves aren't far behind.
Why is it that you couldn't afford to design the Avalon clan yet you could afford to design Raven's fake clan?
Can't you see the difference?
Raven's "fake clan" had, what, like three members?
We didn't have the man-hours to design 36 separate gargoyles for Avalon. But we did design some members of the Avalon clan. Angela, Gabriel, Ophelia, Boudicca, at least.
Hey Greg! Finally decided to ask a few more ?'s.
A recent post on the Avalon Gargoyles mentions a specific Garg by the name of "Azrael." Who is he? I know of Azrael the angel, but is the Garg one we've breifly glimpsed, or a character that has yet to be seen?
ok, thanx to Vash for poinmting out to me that there are THREE beasts on Avalon (or so you said). theres Boudicca, another female, and a male. but i don't know if that makes sense because you just told me there wasn't two females... this is really confusing, so:
1. out of the 36 eggs taken to Avalon, how many of them were beasts?
2. what are the genders of these beasts? how many male, how many female?
I told you there weren't ONLY two females.
1. THREE including Boudicca.
2. Two females including Boudicca. One male.
ok, you were right, you said before that there was two beast in the Avalon clan, a male and a female, not two females. so:
1. why didn't Boudicca mate with this other beast as opposed to Bronx? or did she before or after "Avalon"? was Boudicca ever unfaithful to Bronx? :)
2. would the male beast on Avalon ever have a mate?
3. any idea what the male beast looks like, maybe a sibling of Bronx? any idea what K, T, and the M named the male beast?
4. in "The Gathering" Oberon said that he needed the best tracker and choose Boudicca, so that means that the male beast isn't as good at tracking, eh?
I still think you've got it wrong.
I'm fairly certain I said there were two beasts IN ADDITION to Boudicca.
Here's a math question based on the list of characters' ages you posted a while back:
The Wyvern eggs were scheduled to hatch in 998, but they were taken to Avalon in 996. The two years remaining would stretch into 48 years, so the eggs should hatch around 1044.
Angela and the Avalon clan are listed as being 917 years old in 1995, meaning they hatched in 1078. That's a 34 year difference.
Even if their hatching was naturally delayed to coincide with the outside world, it seems that 1058 would be the closest year.
Could you explain where my logic or my math is off? I don't doubt what you've said; I just don't understand it. Thanks.
Here's where you got off. The eggs were taken to Avalon on September 28th, 995. Not 996.
How many of the thirty-six (I'm not positive it was thirty-six) eggs that were taken to Avalon were gargoyle beasts?
A few. At least three.
Do you ever plan to involve the Avalon clan again? Would you create more "individuals" within the clan (besides Gabriel and Ophelia, who we've already met), or would you just involve them as a whole?
Yes. Yes. Yes.
since Angela has had an interest in gargoyle parentage and has a close relationship with Gabriel has see perhaps guessed that Gabriel's parents are Othello and Desdemona? she had to know that they had a child on Avalon, did she think through the next step and guess at that child?
ok, tell me if i'm right, correct me if i'm wrong:
there were 36 garg eggs took to Avalon. two of them are garg beast, both female. since Angela said she had 15 rookery sisters, there were 16 female gargs. and which leaves 18 male gargoyles.
is this right or does Angela consider the female beasts to be rookery sisters?
Where did you get the idea that there are two garg beasts both female? It's not true.
Why was Azrael of the Avalon clan named Azrael by the Magus et all? It seems to be a Muslim(and possibly Jewish, unsure) Angel name, not even a vaguely Christian one..why did they choose it?
You try to come up with 36 angel names, huh?
Greg, in a reply to matt's question you said Boudicca is older than Bronx. But how could that be since Bronx was with the rest of the clan in 994 A.D. and I'm guessing Boudicca is a beast which hatched with the rest of the garg eggs that were taken to Avalon? How could Boudicca be older than Bronx if this is true? I would not think that is should have to do with anything about how time passes more slowly on Avalon either, because logically Bronx would still be older or about the same age even though he was stone for a 1000 years.
Boudicca is biologically older than Bronx. Bronx is chronologically older than Boudicca.
Boudicca is the same biological age as Angela, who is approximately the same biological age as the Trio. (Though CHRONOLOGICALLY, the Trio is MUCH older.)
Bronx is chronologically twenty years younger than the Trio. Biologically ten years younger. Which makes him approximately ten biological years younger than Boudicca.
1. ok, so there are two beasts in the Avalon clan in 1996, both female, right?
2. you said a while ago that both of these beasts will have eggs in the next rookery, we know Bronx was Boidekka's mate so who is the father of the other beasts pups? is it also Bronx?
3. do garg beasts mate for life?
4. are garg beasts monogamous?
1. Did I say that? Exactly that? Sounds wrong.
2. Again, your premise sounds faulty. But, no, Bronx did not sire pups off two separate beasts.
among the Avalon clan, how did they choose Gabriel as their leader? did Katherine, Tom and or the Magus decide or did the gargs vote or what? did he then choose his second or did whoever made him leader decide his second too?
There was a sort of confirmation among the gargs, but Gabe pretty much emerged as leader. He wasn't "running" against anyone. He chose his own second.