A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 17 records. :
1) New Olympians hate and fear humans and they respect gargoyles. So how do they feel about the Third Race?
2) Are the New Olympians aware of their origins? By that I mean, do they know that they are a hybrid race of the Children of Mab and mortal humans/animals?
3) So Boreas decided that Elisa would have to remain on New Olympus in order to keep their secret. This seems a little short sighted on Boreas' part. I mean, no sooner had this happened did Elisa almost get lynched on the street. Did he really feel that Elisa's presence could be tolerated by the other N.O?
4) When was the last time any of the New Olympians had any contact with the N.O gargoyles clan? From I've heard, that clan might be the most isolated clan of the series. I mean do they ever in fact have any contact with anyone beyond themselves? Do they have or ever had, even one "Elisa" of their own?
5) So New Olympians can develop their own powers. Is Boreas the "most" powerful, as the "Oberon" of the new Olympians?
1. Probably suspicious.
2. Up to a point.
3. Her presence in prison? Yes, he did.
4. No Spoilers.
5. He's powerful. Whether he's MOST powerful is debatable.
Almost every gargoyle clan we've meet in the show or that you've us about protects something. The Guatemalan clan protects the rain forest. The Loch Ness clan protects the Loch Ness Monster, the Manhattan, London and Ishimura clan naturally protects New York City, London and Ishimura respectively. And the Avalon clan protects Avalon while the Labyrinth clan presently protect the homeless of New York.
1. So what does the New Olympus clan protect? Mount Thanatos? The whole of New Olympus? Or have they abandoned their duty much like the London clan when they lost Griff(since you did say they were isolationists)?
2.What does the Pukhan and Xanadu clans protect?
3.What exactly do New Camelot and New Wyvern clans protect?
4.What abou the Queen Florence Island Clan(after they've been freed from their stasis)?
5.What about the Notre Dame Clan?
1. I think they have become too insular. It's something I would have made an issue of, given the chance.
2. Pukhan Clan is more interested in protecting their concept of justice. Xanadu Clan protects the endangered Gargoyle Beast species.
3. New Wyvern is very traditionalist. So they protect Wyvern and it's surroundings. By contrast, New Camelot is very internationalist.
4 & 5. Haven't gotten that far in my thinking yet, but at the least they'll protect the Island and Paris, respectively.
1. you said the London Clan has a library and thats how Griff knew Goliath looked like "scottish stock". does the London Clan know that there was/still is a Loch Ness Clan in 1996?
2. does the London Clan know about New Olympus?
3. does the London Clan know about the Wyvern Massacre before Goliath arrives during the World Tour?
4. does the London Clan know about Macbeth's alliance with Demona's clan 1000 years ago in 1996?
5. is the London Clan aware of Demona at all in 1996?
6. does the London Clan know that Avalon exists before Goliath arrives in London?
6b. before 1996, does the London Clan know that King Arthur is sleeping on Avalon?
ok ok ok, enough questions, sorry if i'm bugging you... see you at the Gathering cuz i'm gonna make it this year!!!! is the date when you read this June 4th, 2002? just a guess!
1. I'd guess that they know there WAS. Not sure if they know there IS.
2. I doubt it.
3. I doubt it.
6b. Yes. But didn't you?
Try September 8th, 2003.
1. you've said that if Dark Ages is made the Wyvern Clan may have contact with the Loch Ness Clan and other clans (i'm guessing the Irish and English Clans are possible as well). my question is, does Goliath know that there was once a clan in Loch Ness (though he doesn't realize there still is)? do you think Hudson knows that there was once a gargoyle clan at Loch Ness?
2. you've said that the New Olympus was formed from gargoyle clans throughout the Mediterranean World. we can assume that gargoyles from Egypt and Greece colonized New Olympus in part, but what other clans have descendants in the New Olympus Clan?
3. care to reveal anywhere else in the world where there was at one time a gargoyle clan?
thanx alot Greg!
1. It's a possibility, certainly.
2. I haven't done all the research necessary to answer this question, but Rome and Persia come to mind.
3. Everywhere or nearly.
How many gargoyle clans were there when the show was ended?
Do any of the other Avalon gargoyles join Angelia in the real world?
1. In 1996, the following clans were extant (although some were far from healthy in numbers):
2. Eventually, others would visit. But I don't immediately see anyone else taking up permanent residence outside Avalon.
It has been a strange couple of weeks. Normally I wouldn't necessarily equate strange with bad, but in this case… I hope everyone and their loved ones are safe.
I have a few questions saved up, and a few new ones. Don't worry, they'll be in different posts:
First up- a quickie on the New Olympians: There is a gargoyle clan on the island, so it would be assumed that the fae/human hybrid portion of the population is at least passingly familiar with gargoyle custom. When Elisa was reunited with Goliath, and Goliath stroked her hair, did they recognize the gesture for what it was? If so, what was their reaction and did it influence the legal decision?
I don't remember the image. It'll be a few weeks, but if we keep rambling on the episodes for the DCV, I should get to it soon.
When did you decide there were gargoyles living in New Olympus and Loch Ness?
When did you decide there were gargoyles in Xanadu and Pukhan?
When did you decide that there was going to be a gargoyle clan in New Camelot?
When did you decide that Paris, Queen Florence Island and Wyvern were the sites of future clans?
Years ago. By 1996 at the latest.
Years ago. By 1995 at the latest.
Years ago. By 1996 at the latest.
Years ago. By 1996 at the latest.
We now know what the gargoyles in the the Loch Ness and Chinese clans look like care to tell us what the gargoyles in the Korean and New Olympus clans look like?
And by the way, you don't know what you think you know. You just have a better idea.
Is there more variety in the New Olympus clan than there is in the other clans?
Yes, every sunday they do three shows on the main stage, but no kids at the 11 o'clock performance, please. "It gets a little blue."
1. Are the New Olimpian Gargoyels under the same Government as all of New Olimpis, or do they have an independant system?
2. Did the N.O. Gargoyels come to New Olimpis for the same reasons as the "halflings"? b. Did they come at the same time?
1. They are citizens of New Olympus. But they have a 'local' clan government and largely keep to themselves.
2. Largely, yes.
b. New Olympus wasn't colonized at one specific time in history. Though it was founded at a specific time and closed off at a specific time. But there was a LONG span in between these two events.
1. in 1996, does the Loch Ness clan use names?
2. does the New Olympus clan?
3. does the Pukhan clan?
4. does the Xanadu clan?
I have intentionally not made decisions about this at this time.
What do the majority of gargoyles in New Olympus look like? Generic New York/Ishimura gargoyle?
I don't believe that the Wyvern and Ishimuran gargoyles look that much alike.
So how do I answer your question when I think the premise is faulty?
What exactly is Mount Thanatos? City?
Why did they name it after death incarnate?
It's a mountain. And that's a LONG story.
Why do none of the New Olimpians bother to tell Goliath that there are other Gargoyles on New Olimpis? Where do the other gargoyles live on the island? How big is the Island? it looked like it was just one floating city.
It's fairly big. They may have thought Goliath knew. The Gargoyles of New Olympus are isolationists, even from their fellow citizens.
1.What peculiar features do the gargoyles in New Olympus have? By peculiar I mean by such features as the London clan with its animal heads and feathery wings and the Guatemalan clan with Zafiro and his more serpentine features.
2.What peculiar features do the gargoyles in Pukhan have?
3.What peculiar features do hte gargoyles in Xanadu have?
4.Do the gargoyles in Loch Ness have any peculiar features?
1. I'm not going to character design them here in writing.
4. I suppose.
Man, they just keep coming!
The new Olimpiens, I get the felling that they are not a group of Oberon's children, yet they all seem to differn't to be of one race. Are they a group of many differn't races living together to help ech other, there seemed to be only one of each kind (ie. centaur, winged guy, fire dude).
OK, that will be the last one for awhile I think, at least till my others get answered
It's not like you saw every New Olympian on the island. Talos is a robot. He's a citizen. There are Gargoyle New Olympian citizens as well.
But most are a single hybrid race descended from the mingling of Oberon's Children with various mortals. They are almost all compatible enough to breed with each other.
Hi Greg. I just want to clarify two questions I had previously asked you, in hopes of getting a better response.
1) Roughly how many NO are of gargoyle descent? (you answered "huh?", perhaps because the preceding question had already asked how many full-blooded NO gargates there were). Previously, you implied that non-gargoyle NO's may have mated with gargoyles. My question was meant to uncover whether there were any/many gargoyle half-breeds on New Olympus. Are there?
2) How will the NO clan be discovered by the outside world? (you said, "They will reveal themselves in front of the United Nations Building." We know that this is how the NO delegation will appear, but you have also implied that the NO gargoyles will be a bit more reluctant to reveal themselves. Looking over my question, I know that you may have decided to interpret "NO clan" to mean NO's in general (and the NO gargoyles may in fact have adopted the whole island as its "clan")). So, in case I get a different response, let me rephrase the question to ask: How will the NO gargoyles be discovered by the outside world?
1. Or perhaps I said 'huh' because I didn't know that 'NO' meant New Olympians. Anyway, Vash, as I'm sure you've gathered by now, I'm not much of a numbers guy. I'm not going to quantify things for you.
2. Over time.