A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 100 records. :
So Deathstroke, Ultra-Humanite, and Lady Shiva are officially members of the Light, but what are there designation numbers?
Lady Shiva is their enforcer, taking Sportsmaster and Deathstroke's place. She's not a member of the Light.
The Light doesn't use designations the way the League and the Team do.
Since two years have passed between Seasons Two and Three of Young Justice, what happened to Wally's parents?
I just watched Young Justice Outsiders episode 4 and was wondering if the scene with Superboy & Brion fixing that bike was inspired by the book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig?
To a degree, yes. Maybe influenced is a better word than inspired?
We now know that Troia is Troia's given name, per the UN, as you pointed out on your Twitter. Given that you once referred to her as "the Earth-16 Donna Troy" (in an answer where you said ""But the short answer is that the Earth-16 Donna Troy was TROIA. Never Wonder Girl""), is Donna Troy an alias she has used in civilian life (like Wonder Woman's Diana Prince during WWII), or did you just mean she is the Earth-16 equivalent of Donna Troy?
I meant the latter. Doesn't preclude the former, though that would be a spoiler.
I bought a DCU membership soley for YJ, but since there's a number of shows available on the platform I decided to start watching Batman Beyond too (i'm 3 episodes in, but so far so good)
(1) Do you have a favorite episode/moment that you liked from Batman Beyond?
(2) Thoughts on Terry McGinnis?
1. I only ever watched the pilot. And that was when it first came out.
2. I'm just not that familiar with the character.
Why couldn't Coyote 1.0 (not the head separately, but the robot as a whole) fly?
Wasn't built for it.
Can you please give a full description of Superman and Superboy's relationship with the Kent family in Young Justice.
I could. But I won't. I'd rather show than tell.
In https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=22687, where Mo asked "I just rewatched spectacular spiderman and I feel there were a few bits inspired by the Rami trilogy, is that true?" and you said "Since I don't know what the Rami trilogy is, I'm gonna say no.", they must have been referring to the original trilogy of Spider-Man films starring Tobey Maguire and directed by Sam Raimi. The Raimi trilogy.
Oh, I get it. In that case, the answer is definitely yes. Sorry I misunderstood.
Hi Greg. Thanks for all the work you, Brandon, Phil, and many others put into making a third season of Young Justice. I've been very impressed and can't wait for more episodes!
Q: We see that M'Gann faced oppression as a white Martian by greens, but since they're all shapeshifters, is it possible for them to change form so that they resemble a green Martian, or would other Martians see through that?
As we established back in Season One, since Martians are all psychic, changing shape doesn't fool them.
In young justice after the events of ''Secrets'' did Artemis and Zatanna Each get a Counseling session with Black canary to help clear their minds of the stress brought by Harm and his actions to Greta?
I think Dinah checked in regularly with all the kids.
Hey, Greig, first, big fan of the show, the comic and the game. I love this universe and it always fill me with joy when it expands. And I love that we finally got season 3.
Now my question is about Traci Thurston aka Thirteen
1) How old is she?
2) I know sheâs based on Traci 13, but is she also based on Jinx from Teen Titans as well, given she has magical bad luck
3) Is she dating Blue Beetle, or will she start dating Blue in the series? (I loved their relationship in the comics, before the New 52, and I know in Rebirth she was made into an LGBT character, but I always prefer Traci with Jaime)
1. At the END of TEAM YEAR NINE, Traci is 17.
2. I'm not that familiar with Jinx. So that wasn't in my head. Maybe it was in Brandon's.
3. They're dating throughout Season Three, which doesn't meant she isn't LGBTQ+.
I had a few questions regarding Bette Kane and the Kane family:
1. Is Martha Wayne's maiden name is still Kane in this universe?
2. Would Bette be from the same Kane family as Martha, or is that all just a big coincidence?
3. If #2 is a yes, does that mean that Bette has a cousin named Kate somewhere out there in Gotham?
2. They're related.
3. They're related.
Since we just saw that Traci 13's magic appears to be based on bad luck, I had a few questions about it (and tangentially about Earth-16 magic).
1. Since there are Lords of Order and Lords of Chaos on Earth-16, is magic separated into opposing forces of Chaos Magic and Order magic (like the Light and Dark sides of the Force, or positive and negative electrical charges) or is magic simply a neutral energy that can be used freely for either chaotic or orderly purposes?
2. If Earth-16 magic comes in separate Order and Chaos flavours, is Traci's bad luck magic a type of Chaos Magic?
3. If the previous answer is true, how does Doctor Fate--being a Lord of Order--feel about being allied with a user of Chaos Magic?
1. I lean toward the latter.
2. See 1.
3. See 2.
I have a question about Young Justice universe: "Queen Bee" is only a title or is the birth name of the character?
So was that definitely Damian Wayne we saw in the Rescue Op episode of Young Justice?
No spoilers. But figure there have to be hundreds of babies on Infinity Island, right? So it could be anyone. ;)
Alright first off I'm a huge fan. Have been since Gargoyles (though I didn't know it at the time). Congrats on season 3 and I hope to see more of your work in the future, be it Young Justice or anything else.
As for the questions:
1. Is Statics identity public? I never see him wear a mask
2. Are Superboy's shirts lighter now due to multiple washings or was that just an aesthetic choice?
3. Did Kaldur always know he would be Aquaman someday?
4. Which episode of season 3 is your favorite?
Thanks a bunch!
1. You never see Superman wear a mask either.
2. The former.
3. Wasn't a guarantee, but that was always King Orin's plan.
4. Oh. That's hard. I like all of 'em. But I guess I'd go with either "Nightmare Monkeys" or "Overwhelmed."
it probably doesn't it matter but in young justice s3 e3 garfield was in paris with queen perita my question is does perita know about the team because gar had to use a zeta beam to get to paris
Not for that reason.
After eight years, Zatara appeared to look terrible; whether it is his age catching up to him or the strain of wearing the Helmet of Nabu for such a long time appears to be unclear. As such, why has Nabu not yet found a successor to wear the helmet? How long must Zatanna go through the grief of only seeing her father briefly before quickly losing him again every year?
I wouldn't say he looks terrible. He just looks like he's aged dramatically.
But to answer your question: NO SPOILERS!
Can you reveal who A08, A09, and A14 are?
Yes, I could.
Hi Greg. So I've been trying to Google this to find the answer but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I haven't read the comics so I don't know if it's in there or if you have answered it in here but why does Miss Martian have this new form in S3?
It's the form she chose. I'll leave the why to your interpretation. (Personally, I think the answer is obvious, but your mileage may vary.)
Does the public know, that Garfield used to be Beast Boy, before he went on to become an actor? I doubt there's that many Metas with green skin and shapeshifting, and I like to think, that someone must've noticed the similarities.
Who ever saw him?
I mean, a few people certainly did on Team missions. But the Team's covert. Beast Boy wasn't a public hero until he stepped up to form the Outsiders.
As I assume you are avoiding real countries in show, what R.l Countries in the YJverse restrict J.L access to a prohibitive level?
I guess it depends on how you define "prohibitive". But in any case, I'm not going to pull out a list of countries and go through them all to create a list for you. But some obvious ones include Russia and China, North Korea and United Rhelasia, Greater Bialya and Santa Prisca, etc.
Given that the character is known for his intelligence, is there a guarantee that we will be seeing at least more consistent examples of Virgil's overall smarts and intelligence on YJ this season?
I'm not sure I'm understanding the links. I'm not familiar with reddit, or how it works.
But I think we show Virgil as intelligent. Not all-knowing, but intelligent. I'll leave it to your interpretation to decide if we got it right.
The fight between Savage and Captain Marvel and the other Leaguers still bothers me. I just don't see how he could beat a Superman-level character plus two other leaguers.
Savage has not usually been depicted as having that level of physical might. I know, I know, your universe, your rules.
Then, something occurred to me. You have implied in the past that season 2 Captain Marvel is not as fast as season 1 Captain Marvel. Why would that be? In Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam, the power of Shazam is split between Billy, Mary, and Freddy.
1) Is it fair to say season 2 Captain Marvel is only 1/3 as powerful as season 1 Captain Marvel?:)
2) Could season 1 Captain Marvel have defeated Vandal Savage one-on-one?
3) If the power of Shazam is shared between Captain, Lieutenant, and Sargent Marvel, is it only split between them when more than one of them is using it? Or, is the power divided all of time regardless as to whether multiple Marvels are transformed?
1. It's fair to say that. Whether it's true or not is a spoiler.
2. Captain Marvel could defeat Vandal one-on-one in either season. Vandal could defeat Captain Marvel in either season. It all depends on circumstances.
3. See above.
Is the Markovian language based on any real languages, like Atlantean is based on ancient Greek?
It's based on Latvian.
Okay, Kaldur is B27 and Steel is B36; so what are the designations for Batwoman, Hardware, Ice and Katana?
My policy is not to pre-reveal designations before the show (or the comic) reveals them. I made an exception at the end of Season Two, because we didn't have a serious hope of a Season Three back then.
What did miss martian's family on mars think of m'gann sibling relationship with Garfield when they meet Garfield when he and m'gann and conner went to mars in 2016 ? Did m'gann's family eccept Garfield as family ?
During the UN Meta-Human Summit, Troia mentioned that Bialya was trying to pass off "wanted criminals" as their local heroes. Anyone we know; Psimon? Mammoth? Shimmer? Devastation?
I'll leave that to your imagination.
1. How old is Earth-16 Anissa Pierce?
2. How old is Earth-16 Jennifer Pierce?
At the END of TEAM YEAR NINE...
Anissa is 6, and Jennifer is 4.
In the "Young Justice" cartoon series:
1. What are the exact requirements for a member of the Justice League to be elected as its leader?
2. From 2003 to 2018, who was elected to become leader of the Justice League, when exactly did their term began and when exactly did it ended?
1. A majority of votes from the membership.
2. No spoilers. You know that Batman was leader during Season One; Captain Atom, during Season Two, with Black Canary taking over in the last episode. Aquaman (i.e. Kaldur'ahm) and Wonder Woman were co-chairs during Season Three, until the last episode, when they stepped down, and Black Lighting took over.
Hey Greg, loved the first three episodes of season 3. My only question is was a different animation studio used this season? It looks a little different than some episodes in seasons 1 and 2.
Our two studios for Season One and Two were MOI Animation and Lotto Animation.
We used three studios in Season Three: DR Movie, Digital eMation and Studio Mir.
Our only studio for Season Four is Studio Mir.
Black Lightning mentioned "Batman Incorporated." Now I do know what that name means and what its purpose was in the comics, but the big question is this: Is "Batman Incorporated" a real thing or not on "Young Jusitce: Outsiders"
Depends what you mean by "real thing," I guess.
"Young Justice: Oustiders" Questions:
1. So the Outsiders on this show is essentially the DC equivalent of Marvel's Secret Avengers...?
2. Barbara is now Oracle; that means "The Killing Joke" happened, right? No point in denying it... Anyway, hope Barbara will be able to recover and walk again...
3. Why is the Roy Harper clone going by the name Will now...? Did you get this idea from Star Trek: The Next Generation; more specifically, William Riker and his duplicate Thomas Riker?
1. I'm not familiar with Marvel's Secret Avengers.
2. Something happened.
3. Will is Roy's middle name. It's a logical choice for him to give Roy full possession of the "Roy" name. I've seen those Thomas Riker episodes of the Trek franchise, but I don't think we really borrowed it from there. Just the same logic.
Hi Greg! Today was the day, congrats!
A few questions.
How old is Troia?
How old is Steel?
How old is Ice?
How old is Hardware?
How old was Tara Markov when she disappeared?
As of the END of TEAM YEAR NINE...
Troia is biologically 20. Chronologically 78.
Steel is 29.
Ice is 22.
Hardware is 36.
Tara Markov is 16. She was abducted at age 13.
Given that there didn't seem to be an repercussions for Black Lightning's accidental killing of a 14 year-old girl, is it fair to surmise that the league found him responsible but not blameworthy for her death?
Hello! Apologies if this question has been asked before. Do you know where I can watch Young Justice season 3 if I don't live in the United States? I am from Finland.
Thank you. Have a lovely day.
I'm afraid I don't know. So sorry.
Say how long till gargoyles are in Public domain and when slash if the time comes does that mean you could countinue the series?
I can't remember the current laws. But I believe Gargoyles will enter public domain somewhere between 75 and 125 YEARS from 1994. The earliest, therefore, would be 2069, when I'll be 106 years old. So... do the math.
Just want to start off by saying I watched W.I.T.C.H. for the first time when I was 5 years old and I'm turning 20 next month. I still, to this day, enjoy the show so much so that I can quote from it word for word at my big age (whether thats sad or impressive I'll let you decide). I've also only recently discovered that you, the same guy who had a hand in making my favourite show (W.I.T.C.H.), also had a hand in making another show I love (YJ) - so thank you for bringing me such joy! And thank you for managing to bring YJ back to our screens, I am eagerly awaiting it's return :)
I am aware that one of the main reasons that YJ was able to come back was because fans endlessly binged watched it on Netflix, so I was wondering whether there is any way that you, or we as your fans, could get W.I.T.C.H. on Netflix so that it could possibly enjoy the same successful return? I strongly believe that if the show is put on a platform where it's popularity can be measured, the necessary people will see that the show is worth investing in again. A friend of mine (who's a bit of tom boy and who absolutely LOVES YJ) agreed to watch W.I.T.C.H. because I pestered her to. Three days later she came up to me and demanded to know who Raphael Sylla was and why there were only two seasons of the show - and shes the same age as me!
I also have other bits of evidence that suggest W.I.T.C.H. would have fruitful ratings were it to return to TV, such as countless online petitions by fans asking for a season 3 and also the fact that Yen Press has acquired the rights to remaster and reprint all issues of the comics as graphic novels - which could not only draw previous viewers back to the beloved show but also attract a whole new audience that have never even heard of W.I.T.C.H.. After all, the show did end twelve, nearly thirteen years ago.
You give me too much credit. I didn't "get" YJ on Netflix. I took advantage of it, once it was there, guiding fans to binge. But I have no ability to "get" a series on to any particular service, channel or network. WAY ABOVE MY PAYGRADE, I'm afraid.
If enough FANS request WITCH for Disney+, maybe they'll listen and put it there. (Netflix is corporately unlikely for WITCH. But Disney+ might be a real possibility.
I don't have any questions,but I needed to tell you this.Young Justice was the show of my childhood and it helped grow into the person I am today.Wally's death destroyed me and all I wanted to say is that it would be the perfect gift for a huge fan.Also,I need supermartian back.Tha k you!
Wally's death is the perfect gift for a huge fan? If you say so.
Glad you love the show!
In any case, by now you know that supermartian is back. At least in Season Three. No spoilers for Season Four.
Some don't like how Tim and Cssie hooked up out of the blue. Is it possible for there to be flahsbacks that detailed things that happened behind the scene? Season 2 had a huge cast compared to season 1, who knows what went on?
It's all about precious, precious screen time or (in the companion comics) page count. I'd love to do flashbacks, but we need to prioritize what we depict.
What is the core truth of Black Manta?
I'll leave that to your interpretation.
Young Justice Questions:
1. When the Appellaxian invasion occurred on Earth in February 2003, where specifically did the fight between them and the Justice League occurred? Did it happen in Metropolis, Gotham City, or some other location...?
2. In the "Reach Apocalypse" future timeline which Bart Allen came from, was the Light ultimately betrayed by the Reach; thus this would be the reason why humanity was enslaved by the Reach?
3. Will "Young Justice: Outsiders" possibly explain why the timeline did not change the way that the 2056 version of Neutron (Nathaniel Tryon) had expected it to be?
4. What were the exact circumstances of the unspecified disgrace that led to Ocean Master's expulsion from the Light..? Was it because Aquaman had somehow found out that his half-brother was Ocean Master, or was it another reason...?
5. After the events of the second season (especially after defeating his father, Black Manta, in combat) and now becoming the new Aquaman in the third season, will Kaldur'ahm face any difficulties in his new position and will he eventually be able to find a new love interest?
1. We haven't locked this down. We'd probably refer back to the original JLA comics and keep as much as I could.
2. This isn't something we worked out in any detail.
3. He assumed that Mount Justice would be rendered whole. But we know why it was not.
4. No spoilers.
5. By now, you should know the answers to this. If I had answered it at the time, I would have said: No Spoilers.
Based on trailers and some images I've seen on the internet, it seems that most (if not all) of the Justice League members on "Young Justice: Outsiders" appear to be wearing costumes that are exactly the same OR near-similar to those worn by their counterparts from the "DC Animated Movie Universe" (which began with "Justice League: War"). Is there an in-universe explanation for the costume changes that occured between Seasons 2 and 3...?
One hero updated, and then they all realized they could stand for a change.
When the eggs hatch, do expecting mother gargoyles know instinctively which hatchling is theirs to nurse? Or do they just nurse any hatchling?
The latter, in essence. They are all rookery mothers to all the hatchlings.
Which women have Dick Grayson slept with? Are there any other, besides Zatanna and Barbara?
A gentleman never tells. Now, if you had asked whom he dated, I might have answered.
How old is Batwoman?
How old is Halo?
How old is Geo-Force?
How old is Forager?
How old is Metamorpho?
As of the end of Team Year Nine...
Batwoman is 28.
Halo's body is biologically 17.
Geo-Force is 18.
Forager is 15.
Metamorpho is 36.
If you had to give Young Justice season 1 a subtitle like Outsiders or Invasion, what would it be?
Uh... I dunno. Maybe, "YOUNG JUSTICE: THE TEAM" It's kinda wimpy though.
YOUNG JUSTICE: ORIGINS Not quite accurate.
YOUNG JUSTICE: REBELLION That might do it.
I think, basically, I'm glad I didn't have to.
Congrats on your amazing work on Spectacular Spider-Man, Garoyles, and upcoming season of YJ.
In Spectacular Spider-Man, Uncle Ben dies in the late spring/early summer. Since Season 3 would have taken place during that time period, were there plans either to acknowledge or have an episode centered around the one-year anniversary of Uncle Ben's death.
Thanks again for creating a fantastic series that will hopefully return someday and best of luck with Young Justice.
The Director knew exactly about Yama's situation and Hunter was able to blackmail him.
a) How did the Director of Yama learn?
b) How did the Director learn about Yamas exile and its reasons?
c) Does the Director really know where Yama's clan is or was it a bluff?
a. No spoilers.
b. No spoilers.
c. No spoilers.
Hi Greg. Want to keep this short and simply but I do have to congratulate you and your team for season 3 of Young Justice.
1) And will we, the fans, are going to see all of the team member's origins similar to the comic, Campfire Secrets and Rabbit Holes? I would love to see Batgirl, Troia, Robin II, Beast Boy, Bumblebee....basically the members that join after 2011 but before 2016 (Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle are the exception of course).
2) And this one is just a random question but, does Barbara Gordon have a close relationship with her mom?
Thank you for your time.
1. Someday, I hope.
2. Her late mom?
Hey Greg, Do you know if the new young justice season is going to be dubbed in any other language than english?
I do not know. Sorry.
Did Superboy and Miss Martian get back together in Endgame or on their way to do so?
It was a first half-step. But you need to read the companion comic stories "Torch Songs, Parts One and Two" to see where that first half-step led.
What kind of relationship would Samsom and Nick (that was the name of descendant of Goliath and Elisa's adopted child, wasn't it?) have in "Gargoyles 2198"?
1) Thoughts on Jurnee Smollet-Bell playing Black Canary in the Birds of Prey movie?
2) Who would you have cast as a live-action BC?
1. Haven't seen it. But based on Lovecraft Country, I'm a fan of hers, so it seems like a good potential fit.
2. I've largely stopped playing that game. I've come to think it winds up being potentially insulting to the actors involved, both those I might propose and those who wind up with the roles.
I am such a huge fan of Young Justice that I can't even put it into words. This show has literally changed my life. I've watched it so many times I've lost count and can't help finding something new to love every time I watch it. This being said, I got to thinking and had some questions about Bart (who is my favorite character in the show; I was super stoked to see him in the trailers for S3) I was hoping you could answer.
1. Was it just Bart and Nathaniel that worked on the time machine, or did they get help from others also wishing to change the time stream?
2. In the flashback in "Bloodlines" Bart is seen without an inhibitor collar, while Nathaniel still has his on and it is activated. Just out of curiosity, how was Bart able to disable his and get his off in order to go back to the past? I'm sure the Reach would have been monitoring both him and Nathaniel, especially since they'd taken the time to put the inhibitor collars on in the first place. How were Bart and Nathaniel able to sneak under the Reach's radar and pull everything off?
3. Were "crash" and "mode" always the lingo you'd had in mind for Bart, or were other words also considered?
4. How do you think Wally would interpret Bart taking on his role as Kid Flash? Do you believe Wally would see it as Bart "honoring his memory" as Artemis puts it, or would Wally see him as more of a fraud like Bart believes?
Thank you so much for everything! Continue to make awesome life-changing works like this one. I can't wait to see what S3 has in store. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.
1. For now, at least, let's assume it was just those two.
2. It's not hard for SOMEONE ELSE to disable and remove an Inhibitor collar. Nathaniel could remove Bart's, assuming he ever had one.
2a. With difficulty.
3. "Feel the mode" and "moded" were always my plan for bad stuff, based on slang I used in junior high school. Crash came a bit later, but it seemed to fit.
4. The former. He wanted Bart to put on the yellow & red, as you may recall from "Summit."
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm truly gratified (if not awed) that the show meant so much to you.
In Season 2 of Young Justice, Nightwing explains that only Kaldur, Wally, Artemis, and Himself are the only four that know that Kaldur has been under deep cover. Did Wally and Artemis learn about this after Nightwing asked Artemis to go undercover, or did they know from the beginning that Kaldur was undercover?
Alanna told Superboy that a shapeshifter like M'gann would be a perfect match for him, does that mean that M'gann makes herself look physically 16 whilst 53 in chronological years and 18 in human biological years?
Honestly, Alanna was just guessing. But I'd say that Conner can pass for 18, maybe even a young-looking 21. M'gann keeps her appearance in that early twenties range. At least for now.
Yo Greg what's up with Wonder Woman's outfit? I don't mind you guys borrowing costumes from the New 52 movies but putting a girdle on her, she's Wonder Woman not Xena, that's why DC has the Justice League action show.
We thought her costume was in definite need of an upgrade. We like our current version of her costume. As always, it shouldn't surprise you that we liked our choices. That's why we made them.
do solar and/or lunar eclipses affect gargoyles in any way when it comes to the stone sleep process?
Silly question but in a hypothetical scenario would Owen's stone hand be affected by the Stone by Night spell?
I wouldn't think so.
What sort of quest does Vinnie go on?, is it connected to when he becomes a gargoyle sympathizer
hey greg, how would rank the members of the light in a tournament list of battles between them(from most powerful to least powerful.)
1) How do the clans determine the names of newly-born members?
2) Did Nashville itself determined his name or were his parents?
1 a-d. No spoilers.
2. No spoilers.
1. In regards to "Young Justice: Legacy" why was the decision made for it to be a video game as opposed to an animated film...? The way I have depicted it is that the leader of each three-person team during each mission were canon and the other two members that accompany the leader were not because the player has to choose which heroes go with the team leaders.
2. The one thing that confuses me is that if you read comics associated with the Flash, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash, or Impulse or have at least watched episdoes of The Flash on The CW, you would see the lightning streak that forms when speedsters associated/connected with the Speed Force are running. That being said, why do we not see lighting streaks when Barry, Wally, Jay, and Bart run in the Young Justice animated universe...?
1. Doing the story as a film was never presented to us as an option.
1a. That's basically correct.
2. That's just not a conceit that we chose to adopt, potentially because Brandon and I are older fans, for whom that wasn't a thing. So it didn't occur to us.
We know that the gargoyle clones look so different due to their accelerated growth.
a) These characteristics are not genetic then?
b) Can these characteristics be transferred to the next generation or do the children look normal? So white teeth and skin more like the originals.
b. I would think not.
Something I have always wondered.
In the episode Metamorphesis before Anton supposedly dies, he appears to be in his 50s but when he makes his appearance again, he appears to be in his 30s.
Why is this?
Anton was - in his mind - playing a role. So he put on an accent and stage make-up to make him look like an older, madder scientist.
Dear Greg Weisman,
This is Christopher Rosa again. I sent you a message before, and like I said before I'm a big fan of the shows you work on and write for, in particular The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. But a part of me feels that you handle Flash Thompson wrong, a part of me feels to that Flash was becoming nice and befriend Peter too fast. I dislike it in the comics that Peter had to accept Flash's bullying because if he tried to fight back he could really hurt him. Though in the cartoon Flash never physically attacks Peter and instead mostly calls him names and pranks him, I feel by Peter easily forgiving Flash like that it was saying that it was ok for Flash to bully Peter. I just wish you show Peter standing up to Flash more, maybe Peter didn't have to fight Flash but he could have stood up to him and told him "I'm not letting you push me around anymore" or he could have told a teacher. But then again, each season only has 13 episodes and there may have not been enough time with that with Peter's life as Spider-Man and social life. That is what I feel, and also me and a friend talk and he told me of an idea of someone telling off Flash and telling him how hypocritical it is for Flash to worship a hero whose example he doesn't have the character to follow in his own life. What do you think of that idea and what I just said?
I think you have a good point, but our version of the Flash/Peter relationship was more complex than what you're suggesting. They have a history that goes back long before any bullying. Their friendship as little kids was altered by the death of Peter's parents, which scared Flash. Had we had more episodes, we would have explored this in more detail.
yo u play fortnite
Nope. Not a gamer.
What is the name of the dam on which Goliath and the hunters fight and where is it?
I can't remember. Sorry. I do seem to recall it was somewhere in New York state.
What does Demona think about the Gargoyle Minority Protection Act? Does she think positive about it or negative about it?
1)Do Oberon and Titania also have other names or identities that may appear in mythologies? The Banshee had as a second identity Cromm Cruach.
2)Are Oberon and Titania's children mythologically known?
2.b)If so, in which mythology?
1. No spoilers
2. No spoilers.
2b. See above.
Hi Greg. I just wanted to tell you that I loved your story on the Gargoyles, especially the story between Elisa and Goliah (I have always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast). Probably they are not the first nor the last to ask you this question, but I hope with all my heart that sooner or later the stories, even comic books, continue. You had so many ideas that I wanted to see them realized. I hope a day not far away will happen ...
Did you ever establish the exact number of Lost Tales of The World Tour or are you freewheeling it, and do any of those lost tales include what The Rest of The Manhattan Clan exploits during that time?
I have a clear idea of what's still missing, including what was going on with the Manhattan Clan.
Iâm a huge fan of your work but I need to ask. Who do I speak to about rebooting childhood favorites like W.I.T.C.H ? I LOVE THAT SHOW.
It deserves many more seasons than just two.
Disney, I guess. It would help if you could view it on Disney+, and I believe subscribers can request that they include it on the service.
Thank you very much for a thoroughly enjoyable experience in the first two Traveler books -- they have made for a captivating story time with my two children, spanning months! The journey of Aram and his evolving entourage have kept them riveted, and coming back for more. Is Book Three being worked on currently? (If it is, or it's planned for, is there a tentative release date?)
I'm so glad you liked my two Traveler books. By now, you may have gleaned that I was let go after the second book. World of Warcraft commissioned a third book with a different author, which was pretty devastating to me. But whatchagonnado?
Did you ever think the show would be the inspiration for someones actual deed poll name change?
I don't know which series you're referring to. And I don't know what "actual deed poll name change" refers to.
I have so far enjoyed the new Ducktales and i have been hearing a lot of talk about the disney afternoon being revived, would you be open for a Gargoyles reboot or revival series?
A revival would be great. A reboot would excite me considerably less.
Hey Greg I've recently been re watching Gargoyles and just reached I'll be Met by Moonlight. I noticed that one of the Gargoyles greeting them at the castle in the first two minutes looks a lot like the Creature from the Black Lagoon or Abe Sapien from Hellboy having more fish fin like wings and aquatic features unlike any other Wyvern clan Gargoyle I've seen from the show and comics. So my questions are
1) Is this guy really "Scottish stock" same as the rest of the main Gargoyles?
2)if yes do his features come from some sort of mixed heritage?
3)Could he be related to the Loch Ness clan?
4)Or am I'm just reading too much into a character's design?
It's been a long time since I saw the episode, so I'm not sure who you're referring to. It's possible that a Loch Ness Gargoyle joined the Wyvern Clan generations before the massacre and the laying of the Avalon eggs. But I'd have to see which Gargoyle you're referring to in order to make a judgement.
Hi there. Just a quick question on magic. Couldnât find this in the archives. How is it that with just one outburst of magic from a halfling, the most powerful of the third race, Oberon, can be blasted into a wall?? Love the odd fact that the magic is green though for all users. Thank you
Why would that be an issue? You get blasted; you get blasted. Especially if you're not ready for it.
Hello Mr. Weisman,
I'm not going to ask about any specific character, as that would be a spoiler. Nor am I going to phrase it as a general question, for the same reason. From what I've read, it appears that the reason you couldn't depict any LGBT characters or relationship on-screen during the first two seasons of ''Young Justice'' is because Cartoon Network wouldn't allow it. Now, as I said earlier, I'm not going to ask if XYZ character is LGBT, or whether the third season will include any LGBT representation. But I am curious, if you wanted to include LGBT characters / representation in any future seasons of the show, and depict it on-screen, ''could'' you? Or has DC Universe, similarly to Cartoon Network, enforced a "gay embargo" preventing you from doing so?
P.S. I hope the italics work.
We were allowed to, for the most part. Though there was one character that we were not allowed to depict as LGBT+.
Were Wally and Artemis on opposite ends of the political spectrum?
"Opposite"? No. Was she more liberal than he was? Probably.
My question is: why the Outsiders? There are a lot of characters and stories you could have delved into like the Teen Titans, Young Justice, the Justice Society, or even the Legion. So, why did you pick this particular group of characters to work with? Did it have anything to with the fact that the Outsiders had never really been used before?
The title Outsiders fit with the flow of our story. Jumping back to the Justice Society or forward to the Legion at that stage made no sense, and we've basically been doing our versions of Teen Titans and Young Justice all along.
I just wanted to know what kind of stuff you read as a kid that got you interested in the whole mythological genre. Are there any good books you recommend, and are there any you read as a kid that you just couldn't put down?
D'aulaire's Norse Gods and Giants and D'aulaire's Greek Myths started me on the path to loving mythology. Mary Renault's The King Must Die and The Bull from the Sea were also influential, as was Mary Stewart's tetralogy about Merlin, King Arthur and Mordred. Also Roger Lancelyn Green's King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table. There were many others, too. But those got me started.
In the comics, Kaldur mentioned that all Atlanteans have a year or so of military service at a young age. Why is that required, and what exactly does it entail? Atlantis doesn't seem to be at war, and even if they were it doesn't seem like Aquaman would order 12 year olds serve on the battlefield.
Mandatory military service isn't unusual. Israel has it, for example. As for the age, this is for training, basic duties and for the identification of those for whom the military might be a career. They're not fighting wars as pre-teens.
So it's been like almost 10 years and I just watched season 1 and 2 of The spectacular Spider-Man and well you probably know where i'm going with this but this would mean a lot to so many people. I was heartbroken by the ending wich wasn't an ending and I'm 17 and this is a kids show sort of and I just had so many feelings. So much was planned for season 3 and 4 just thinking about it... So as there been anything new? Please tell us.
There has not. Wish I could say otherwise, but there's not likely to be.
In Gargoyles episode, Heritage, in the scene where the illusionary gargoyles attack Thunderbird Form Grandmother, was the raven headed gargoyle among them a illusional version of Raven's gargoyle form too or was it the real version of him when Angela saw they were fake?
It's been a while since I last saw the episode, but I believe he was real.
1-Will young justice season 3 have comicbooks like the last 2 season?
2-I can't ofcourse ask you if Wally is returning or not but I want to tell you if he didn't return the fans will be disappointed
1. They just had Chris Jones and I do one two-part online comic, which has since been reprinted in the latest trade paperback release.
2. Will they?
If Batman knew that Captain Marvel was Billy Batson, why did he give the okay for him to watch over the team in Red Tornado's absence?
Three words: Wisdom of Solomon.
I looked at your timeline for Gargoyles (specifically, September 28) and was wondering, When Fox called Mr Vogel about her takeover plans, where they both Gargoyles at the time or did the call take place after puck reversed the spell?
They were probably gargoyles, but it hardly matters as they wouldn't be aware of the change.
I was wondering about Jean Dewolff's change from captain to patrolman and Italian American (I think) to Native American. I like the changes but am curious about the thought process behind them.
Also, what people was Jean from?
Also, does she know Elisa Maza? I'm guessing that Native American NYC cops are a small sorority.
Also, Jean and a few other characters (EG Gwen, Captain Stacy) die in the comics. I won't ask names because of spoilers, but were you planning on some character deaths if the series had continued?
Thanks, and i hope you get to follow up on SSM and Gargoyles someday. I really mss those shows. At least YJ is coming back!
1. We had long-term plans for Jean, which necessitated her starting as a patrolwoman.
2. We were looking to increase diversity in the show, and the name DeWolff suggested a nice fit with Native American.
3. Never worked it out. Guess I'd lean toward Inupiat and French Canadian/Cree (Metis) ancestry, which matches her voice actor, Irene Bedard. (Or so Wikipedia tells me.)
4. Let's assume that in the Gargoyles Meets The Spectacular Spider-Man Meets Young Justice Universe that they do.
5. No spoilers.
What motivated Duncan to take on the role of the hunter?
He understood the value of intimidation.
Hey, Greg. If you could do your own personal take on the Spider-Man mythos as a TV series (not like Spectacular. I mean a wholly original concept built from scratch.), what would it be like? With new origins for the villains and all that...
Sorry, but I've done that, and it IS Spectacular. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel with an existing property. I'm looking to do the best version of that property that I can manage.
Hi Greg! I wanted to know if Wally knew he was going to die when he did. I mean, in the episode Â«BloodlinesÂ», when Bart sees Wally he says Â«You're Wally West, my first cousin once removedÂ» and he clearly paid attention to it because he says Â«The operative word being 'removed'.Â». I only noticed it after rewatching the episode and it made me too curious so I'd like to know.
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking whether Wally knew he was going to die because of "Bloodlines," then the answer is no. But Wally clearly new his time was short when he told Barry to tell Artemis and his parents that he loved them.
Hi Greg! Congratulations on having a third season of Young Justice. I can't wait to see it!
So I was rewatching the first season of the show and I was left with some questions, especially about Artemis. When we first get to see her, we see an innocent person trying to do good, but after acknowledging her bloodlines we've reasons to doubt wether she's indeed a good person or not. Even before the team got to know who her family was, Roy always suspected about her being the mole and I'd like to know why? Out of the three possible subjects why did he doubt Artemis the most and not for example Superboy who was a clone and could easily be the mole? Also, did Batman accept Artemis as part of the team and Green Arrow as his sidekick just because of who her parents and sister were and who she could become or maybe because she possibly used to work with her dad and after quitting they saw she could be an added value? And last but not least (sorry for making this long), why in the episode Â«AgendasÂ» every sidekick was considered to be part of the Justice League and not Artemis?
1. Roy had definite suspicions about Artemis, Superboy and Miss Martian and stated them often.
2. I think they believed she was sincere, and if she was going to go off fighting crime, she'd be better off doing it within the context of the Team and with Green Arrow as a mentor.
3. There was no topic raised for her consideration.
Hi Greg, these questions may seem redundant and/or obvious, but for clarification:
1. Is Wally West's real name Wallace West, and "Wally" is just his nickname?
2. Is Barry Allen's real name Bartholomew Allen, and "Barry" is just his nickname?
3. Is Hal Jordan's real name Harold Jordan, and "Hal" is just his nickname?
4. Is Billy Batson's real name William Batson, and "Billy" is just his nickname?
5. Is Ray Palmer's real name Raymond Palmer, and "Ray" is just his nickname?
Thank you in advance, and I hope you're having an amazing day!
2. Um... sure.
3. I guess.
Big fan of your work. Not really a question, but I felt the need to clarify after seeing your response to another question regarding queer-baiting.
In your response, you (respectfully) provide some push-back against the concept, while expressing a willingness to learn more. I had a few quick responses to your comments I wanted to share.
You talk about some of the examples given in the Wikipedia entry for queer-baiting to be unfair, citing Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as an example. To be clear, in both the Wikipedia article and in popular usage of this example, people refer to Holmes and Watson as they are depicted in the BBC series, "Sherlock", and not (necessarily) in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories or other adaptations.
Queer-baiting refers to creators of media actively misleading a fan-base with hints or indications of "queerness" without any intent of follow-through. NOT -- as you indicated in your prior comment -- a fan-base misinterpreting close same-sex friendships and sexual. "Sherlock" (the BBC series) is a famous example of queer-baiting, as the series very often hints at homoerotic attraction between the two leads in the series' writing, the performances of the lead actors, and in the ways that other characters in series refer to their relationship. I won't go into specific details and examples from the series, but if you are interested in examples there are scores of them documented and easily locateable on the internet.
The key aspect of queer-baiting is the attempt to take advantage of queer fans by providing the bare minimum of queer(ish) interactions, without ever following through for fear of alienating a non-queer audience. This is very different from both presenting close same-sex friendships without any romantic or sexual relationship developing between the two characters, and the presentation of queer characters without the ability to actively show examples of their queerness due to external factors, such as network interference (such as Lexington in "Gargoyles" or Korra in "The Legend of Korra"). These are non-malicious and do not seek to mislead a queer audience.
To be clear, I don't think you have been guilty of queer-baiting in any of your work. I simply wanted to clarify the concept a bit more so that you can hopefully understand where the concern of the initial comment came from. Looking forward to "Young Justice" season three!
I get the concern. I do.
And my response probably shows my (relative) queer blindness. I've seen every episode of "Sherlock," and never noticed any significant difference between how John and Sherlock are depicted here than in other versions.
I don't want to be defensive; I want to be open. But as you indicated, I've never intentionally queer-baited. Lex was gay to the extent allowed at the time (which was not at all). Some fans read a homo-erotic charge into the Dick/Wally relationship and the Bart/Jaime relationship, but that was never our intention - and I sincerely don't think we were trying to fool anyone. (Though one of those four characters is gay, in our minds, at least. But not in the minds of TPTB, even though TPTB did allow us to be objective about other characters on the show, starting with Season Three.)
I'd like to say my six year old daughter loves Gargoyles. We have the complete TV series minus the Goliath Chronicals, which I refuse to even touch. That said I do have a few questions for you.
1: How are you doing?
2: Any sign on the horizon of a possibility of a Gargoyles comeback either as a comic or graphic novel?
3: Rumor has it Disney is planning on a live action Gargoyles in the future, do you know anything about it? I think it mentioned someone from GI Joe Rise of Cobra supposedly writing it.
1. Can't complain. (I mean I do complain all the time, but I really shouldn't.) I'm good.
2. Always signs. Nothing real yet. But #KeepBingingGargoyles on Disney+ and who knows?
3. I know a lot about it. And what I know is that nothing is in the works right now.
I wanted to thank you for defending the very real LGBT+ fans of pop culture & comics. My niece is one of those; Iâve always known she was on the spectrum and recently she came out. She loves action cartoons with prominent female characters (a rarity still do this day) and she loves watching those with me. Now she is too young for twitter but you better believe that Iâm there searching high and low for childrenâs media where she can finally see herself represented. I really hope your show can provide that for her and viewers dying to see themselves in their heroes in more than just lip-service. My searches in twitter only ever brought promised LGBT+ representation leading to the usual bare-boned minimum. I wouldnât mind so much, after all those shows are not about romantic development and characters donât need relationships to be interesting or have enriched stories. Then I see the disproportion; itâs not fair when almost all the non-LGBT+ characters in said shows get to have tender moments, explicit development and definitive romantic intimacy. Itâs harsh to tell a whole group of people that their feelings are problematic to explore yet itâs perfectly ânaturalâ for another group. Iâm not sure about DCâs protocol but I doubt you would settle for them telling you that the only way you can have a POC character is if you make sure their costume covers any indication of skin-tone and/or facial features and that their superhero name in no way draws attention to their ethnic backgroundâ¦ also never remove the costume or use their real name. So please tell me that you will give your LGBT+ audience the same importance in the fight for diverse visibility in your non-adult media; please allow my niece to see herself reflected with the same fleshed-out, emotional connections that straight kids have the privilege of experiencing everywhere.
P.S. Iâm not asking for spoilers, just no false promises to young viewers. Thanks again for defending your fans and their humanity!
I'm not making false promises. We're just doing what we can, as we can. And we have a long-term goal to steadily increase LGBTQA+ representation on YJ, and we're working toward that. TPTB have been much more cooperative for Seasons Three and Four (though still not 100% cooperative) than they were for the first two seasons.
Believe me, I have very personal stakes in this fight. This MATTERS to me.
1. who is your favorite green lantern? 2. did you guys always know you wanted john to be fhe main reoccuring green lantern for young justice?
i love this show so much. i hope to see more of the gl lore! the bit with hal and john saying no to barry about guy joining the league was really funny.
1. Charlie Vickers, probably. But there are a ton I like.
2. Always? Not sure. But early on it became clear that John worked best for us in the early seasons.
A random thought has popped in my head. What does Wonder Woman think of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream? After all, her mother is a major character in the play.
One would hope she's benignly amused.
But she knows that the character called Hippolyta in the play is actually not her mother, but her aunt Antiope.