A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 865 records. :
Why did you want Garfield to end his relationship with Perdita over depression over conner's death on mars in episode 13 of the fourth season of young justice to only to reveal conner was alive in the 13 episode of the fourth season young justice?
Since versions of the "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" and "Catwoman: Hunted" films are confirmed to have happened on Earth-16, does that also mean that the characters who have not yet appeared on Earth-16 (such Catwoman, Merlyn, Cheetah, Julia Pennyworth, etc.) also exist ? Also, in your headcanon, when exactly in the Earth-16 timeline did those versions of the events of the two films took place?
I know this has nothing to do with your show gargoyles but Iâd just like to ask one thing. I loved Spectacular-Spider-man and watching Peter gave me confidence I didnât know I had. It also gave me hope in working hard to get out of problems that seem impossible to change. However seeing the show end with so many loose ends for Peter made me feel kinda hopeless. Iâd personally just like to know if thereâs any hope for a season 3 or if thereâs no plan at all if you could reveal to the fans what was planned for the ending of the show because I along with many others need closure to this incredible show. I truly hope you get back to this question!
In the time that you've been working in TV animation, you must have seen many changes in the industry. In terms of the "nuts and bolts" elements of making a show (storyboarding, animation, retakes, sound mixing etc), things must have changed quite a bit.
1. What aspects of production have become easier over time?
2. What has gotten more difficult?
3. Would these changes have more to do with changes in technology, your own level of experience in the industry or to the studio/property you're working with at the time?
4. Is there anything about the industry that was specifically different in the intervening decades with Spectacular Spider-Man or the earlier seasons of Young Justice that wasn't the case before or since?
5. If Gargoyles were to come back with you involved, obviously the most important thing is the continuity of the story, but to what extent would it have to change in its art or animation style to be made today?
Did Gwen know Eddie was Venom by the end of Season 2?
On Earth-16, Jason Todd was Bruce Wayne's second legal ward, am I correct?
In the DCEU film, "Man of Steel," and in the second episode of the second season of the Arrowverse TV show, "Superman & Lois," Kal-El is indicated to be a natural-born Kryptonian; while all other Kryptonians were genetically-engineered. Is this true for the Earth-16 version of Superman as well?
Now that you've established that Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane are indeed cousins in Earth-16, does that means all of Kate's relationships with the other members in the Kane family tree are considered paternal via her own father (Jacob Kane), and therefore Bruce's parents (Thomas and Martha Wayne) are her paternal uncle and aunt, respectively? Does the same hold true for Bette Kane as well; given her own relation to Kate (and assuming that these two women are paternal cousins like in the comics)?
In 2017, Bruce's full name was established as "Bruce Thomas Wayne" in post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity. Does this full name also apply to the Earth-16 version of the character?
Is the correct way to say the name of Superman's biological mother is "Lara El" (which you mentioned in a previous response) or "Lara-El" (which is how it is stated in the Smallville TV series by Kara to Clark in a Season 7 episode)? Also, please explain why whichever version of the name you choose here is the correct one in the Earth-16 continuity?
According the the DC Database Wiki:
#1. Bette Kane's full name is Mary Elizabeth "Bette" Kane.
#2. Bette Kane is the daughter of an as-of-yet unnamed man who was born within the Kane family tree. As such, this means that Kate's father (Jacob Kane) and this unnamed man are in fact brothers, and that means Kate and Bette are paternal cousins via their respective fathers.
As such, are these two facts also deemed true within the Earth-16 continuity?
I might have made a mistake in a previous question in regards to Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane' relationship. So just for clarification:
1. From Bruce's point of view, Kate is his maternal cousin.
2. From Kate's point of view, Bruce is her paternal cousin.
3. Points #1 and 2 are stated in this manner because Bruce's mother (Martha Wayne) and Kate's father (Jacob Kane) are siblings.
As such, are these three facts correct in the Earth-16 animated universe?
1. Does Jim Harper still work at Cadmus? If not, what does he do now?
2. How big is Willâs business
Why didn't you Weisman let Garfield and Perdita get back together in love in the last episode young justice phantoms episode 26 after their relationship ended in episode 13 because it could show the people of the young justice earth that meta humans and normal humans could live together and love each other?
1. Since Superboy is apart of the Kent family did he call Jonathan and Martha, Pa and Ma like Clark does?
2. Did Black Canary see Superboy as a protege of sorts since she trained him in combat. It seems they shared a somewhat close relationship in season 1 and did Superboy ever look up to her as a parental figure?
I know Beast Boy is single as an adult in the comics but why did you and your staff decide Beast Boy would be single as an adult in the young justice timeline and not get back into a relationship with Queen Perdita sometime afterb the breakup?
Why didn't Garfield call Perdita and apologize to her after he end his time taking drugs and ask her to resume their relationship?
since technically humans are considered animals, and we saw Garfield in Season 2 living in a form that combines man and monkey elements Can he create other combinations of related species? or add to his human form elements from another animal, like wings?
on the same note why Garfield can not change to a Martian? if humans are part of the animal kingdom shouldn't martian be also a part of it?
sorry for the bad English, not my native language.... hope you still understood the questions
Why did Garfield Logan not love Queen Perdita again and was not sad not being with Perdita after Garfield stop using drug?
I am a lifelong fan of all of your work! Especially gargoyles and young justice. I wanted to ask 3 questions that I didnât see waiting to be answered already.
1 did you intentionally include props from gargoyles in young justice season four at the Tower of fate? A.k.a. the Phoenix gate, The eye of Oden, grimorum arcanorum.
2 are there more gargoyles Easter eggs throughout YJ?
3 I have recognized the voices of many of the actors on young Justice, as actors who also voiced characters on gargoyles. Do you like to work a lot with the same people?
I think itâs pretty fantastic, but sometimes when I hear the voices I think of their character from gargoyles instead of who they are in young justice.
Why did Queen Perdita choose not contact Garfield to try to start dating Garfield again after she learn Garfield was leading the Outsiders again after Garfield breakup with her?
After Garfield stop taking drugs why did Garfield choose not to look at the pictures that he had that show the times Garfield was with Perdita?
Why did Beast boy decide not to try to get back in a relationship with Perdita after he begin leading the outsiders again?
With all due respect, why do you keep dismissing the feedback that there are too many characters? it's probably the biggest criticism i see of the show, even among fans, but the cast has only gotten bigger since season two.
In your Gargoyles story timeline did you intend for Goliath to outlive Elisa Maza like the other humans Goliath had made friends with and outlived before Goliath met Elisa Maza?
Any idea when the 2nd half of Young Justice: Phantoms will drop?
I have some Young justice questions for you Mr Weisman 1. Zatanna once told the team that ''All magic requires energy which usually comes from within'' Does this same principle apply with Martian magic as well? 2.Besides weddings, and entertainment purposes, What else does the yellow Martian order use there magic for? 3. Does Black canary ever wear a baseball cap or newsboy cap when not in costume ?
Does Ollie hope Artemis will take up the mantle of Green Arrow someday? Both Will and Roy seem to be out of the running so...
You've mentioned that Batman was raised as a Protestant Christian as a child. Does he still believe in God after his parents' died or did he, like his comics version, become atheist after their deaths. I guess I could also ask the same about Nightwing.
Why was it part of the plan of young justice season 4 that Queen Perdita would become a meta human during the time of young justice season 4?
Why was it decided that Queen Perdita would die in young justice phantoms? Mister Greg
During the years after GARFIELD had been given the power to shapeshifting into animals why didn't Garfield never try to go after Queen Bee for the death of his mom Marie Logan before time period of young justice phantoms?
Why did Garfield Logan never wish to get revenge on queen bee for killing his mother marie logan after his skin turn green and got the power to change into animals?
I know you care about representation and accuracy of other cultures in your work and I think that's fine but then why would you make Khalid practice magic? Muslims believe practicing magic takes one out of the fold of islam and are to be executed so why would you have a Muslim magician? And yes I am a Muslim. For more on the topic please refer to: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/69914/repentance-of-a-witch
Before the breakup in the 13-episode young justice phantoms Why did Queen Perdita choose to date the meta human Garfield Logan if she did not see him a possible future husband?
During the time between season 2 and season 4 of young justice Why did Miss Martian no tell Garfield that Queen Bee may have had kill Marie Logan as revenge on Miss Martion after Miss Martion knock Queen Bee into a tree in December 2010 in season one?
When the team was captured and held hostage on the War World in Invasion, did they come up with a cover story to explain their disappearance to their schools and friends? And for the ones that were minors, what dd Dick tell their parents?
was tim trained by lad shiva like he was in the comics? she seemed way more evil in this version so that would be interesting if he was
why would you support something disgusting and filthy as the lgbt freaks? how can you call yourself jewish? I'm muslim but one commonality between muslims, jews and christians is that we all agree homosexuality is a big sin and the punishment is death
Why did the Outsiders trust Garfield to lead them in the second half of season 4 after Garfield refuse to lead the outsiders in the first half of season 4 of young justice after Garfield return to earth from mars?
When joining the Justice League, is a requirement to have at least two aliases (civilian and hero names)? I think everyone on the current League does but I might be missing someoneâ¦
What month in 2018 did Joker attempt to bomb the United Nations?
(Looks like he also learned an important lesson: Don't spend too long rambling, or the entire Batfamily will disarm your bombs)
Fun fact: Netflix actually refers to Tombstone as Kingpin in some of their episode descriptions! Under the assumption that Wilson Fisk was intended to be the Big Man, would he have been white (like in the comics) or black (like in the Daredevil movie) or perhaps from another ethnic background?
Could you confirm the names of the two great leaders mentioned in Involuntary please?
The subtitles call them King Ma'arrun and Queen Sykara, but I'm sure I hear something more like King Ma'arell and Queen Jakara. I'm also suspicious about the lack of an apostrophe in Sykara.
Hey Greg!, so i love kaldur, hands down my favorite character!
you have mentioned that kaldur dosent really idetify with surface sexuality tags, does atlantis have any sexuality tags that he does identify with??
In Cornered what else did M'gann and Conner talk about? Aside from telling him she brain fried Kaldur, did she tell him about the deep cover mission? that Artemis was still alive? or did they talk more about their relationship?
Why did Garfield choose to listen to Perdita's message on his phone in young justice phantoms episode 2 Needful if he already instead breakup with Perdita by the time of the episode Needful?
I read about an interview you and Brandon Vietti did, which took place right before Phantoms started streaming on HBO Max. You and Brandon mentioned that Halo (Violet Harper) would still be focused on in this season. We have already seen the first half of the fourth season and so far we have only a few appearances made by Violet. I know she was only focused on in the credits of the first episode when she was talking to Black Canary.
But I have something on my mind. Would we be able to see more of Halo later in the season? When you and Brandon said that you would still be dealing with Halo, how much of the fourth scene will be dealing with Violet and her powers?
Is Dick's apartment seen in issues 20 & 25 above the same warehouse used as the Team's temporary base from Cornered onwards?
Is this the same warehouse Dick, Kaldur, Artemis and Wally meet in at the end of Depths?
How is Vandal keeping Leaguers busy on Appellaxia?
What happened to Bear and Dreamer's relationship?
Loved M'comm's view of the Greens as "a superstitious and cowardly lot," by the way.
How did you choose the Injustice League members? Were you working from a huge list of supervillains?
In "Eminent Threat", was Artemis' refer to Superboy as "Super-Friend" a nod to the Super Friends series?
1. When did Ed and his boyfriend start dating?
2. How did Ed and his boyfriend get to know each other?
3. What was Ed and his boyfriend's first date?
4. Did Ed ask out his boyfriend first, or was it the other way around?
5. Why do Ed and his boyfriend work as a couple?
6. Did Ed and his boyfriend know they were gay before meeting each other?
1) How come Tye and Asami weren't invited to the Harvest Festival that was being held at the Meta-Human Youth Center during the episode "Illusion of Control"?
2) Are those two still good friends with Arsenal (Roy Harper), Static (Virgil Hawkins) and El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr.) ever since the events of YJ Season 2?
3) Is Maurice Bodaway (a.k.a. Shelly Longshadow's bad-tempered Ex-boyfriend) still in Jail were her belongs?
Considering that the YJ versions of Wonder Girl, Artemis, Zatanna, and Miss Martian appear in "Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery", does that mean that it's canon to the YJ universe or is it just fun cameos?
Which of these two would you rather do?
A Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3 or writing the next Spider-Man trilogy for the MCU?
(I mainly ask this because I think you'd be the best choice for writing the next Spider-Man films)
What happened to Talia's mother?
In season four, Cheshire mentions that she has been on the League of Shadows's hitlist since betraying them to save Red Arrow. However in Young Justice: Legacy, we see her working with the Shadows in Greece after she helped Red Arrow.
Was the contract only taken out against her later, perhaps for another reason? Or was she able to come to some temporary arrangement with them around the time of Legacy?
1) Where did the Outsider's mission against Kobra seen in flashback in "Volatile" take place?
2) What date did the flashbacks to Joker's attack on the UN and Barbara's paralysis seen in "The Lady, Or The Tigress?" take place?
in YJ will you expand on the relationship between dick grayson and slade wilson since he was trained by slade, and dicks mentoring of rose, as in more recent times their past is overlooked
My question would be : does Child's pillars of fire have anything to do with the pillars of fire on Apokolips ? Wonderful work on YJ it's the best animated serie I've watched since 15 years ! Thank you Greg :)
1. Why did Jamie keep his Scarab talking to him a secret when he first joined the Team?
2. What kind of wedding were Mâgann and Conner planning on Earth? A Church, Beach?
3. Did Adam Strange and Alanna become a couple at some point between seasons 2-3?
4. Does Wonder Girl know that Zeus is her father?
5. What year exactly did Jade leave Will and Lian?
Was ultra humanite giving a huge boost of resources when he became a member of the light?
Hello Mr. Greg Weisman I'm a fan of Young Justice and I have a few questions about the series. First allow me to apologize for my bad English, although it is probably already understandable by the text here I live in a country that English isn't the native language. So I'm want to apologize if something that I'm writing her perceived as disrespectfully or as an unclear way that not the meaning of mine.
1. In season 4. when Lady Shiva (a real name by the Young Justice Wiki Fandom "Sandra Wu-San") said that she can order to kill Barbara Gordon (in Episode 8. of season 4. "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings") is that was truly an empty threat? I mean Lady Shiva herself kill Ocean-Master (a real name by Young Justice Wiki Fandom Orm) because he tries to do something similar (at Episode 9. of season 3. "Home Fires") but there the people that he chose to target in that house was in most of them a group of a normal people (and kids) that not works as heroes, here Lady Shiva said that she order to kill Barbara Gordon that worked in her past as a hero under the codename Batgirl and still work as one under the codename Oracle is that case also considers as part of the "Nuclear option of the Light" or not? And who exactly the Nuclear option" included the "heroes" family, the "heroes" friends, "heroes that stop works as heroes"? After all the Light attacks and kill "heroes" in the past like Blue Beetle (a real name Ted Kord).
2. What happened to Captain Marvel when he returned to be Billy Batson at Episode 26. of Season 1. ("Auld Acquaintance") it seems like he was free from the "Brainwash" so why did he not say "Shazam" once more return to be Captain Marvel and help the members of the Team to free the others Justice League members from the "Brainwash"?
3. Is the race of the "Forever People" like Moonrider, Metron, and Darkseid are immortals to normal damage (damage that not created by a specific weakness of the race like Kryptonite is for Conner Kent/Superboy) and all the kind can be haled themself imitate like "Halo"/"Violet Harper"/Gabrielle Daou" does. I question that because the question that Forager asks "Halo"/"Violet Harper" after she healed herself from the damage that Sensei give to her in Episode 6. of season 3. "Rescue Op".
4. I see that question on the page of Young Justice Headscratchers in "TV Tropes" and I was wondering about it by myself why the Meta-Human Youth Center uses Inhibitor Collar could they not find something else more comfortable like a bracelet or at least change the design so it was not so big?
5. How many people in the Team/Bat Family/Justice League know about the identity of Orphan and the details about her like her past, being the daughter of Lady Shiva (Sandra Wu-San), that she can't talk, that she was involved to what happened to Barbara Gordon and the reason (if even have one) that even the leader of the Team Tigress (Artemis Lian Croc) don't know about of this.
Have a nice day. And my apologies again if something that I write here was unclear.
What does Dick for a living or does he need a job since he is Bruce Wayne's foster son? Also what does Kaldur do for a living or is his job as Aquaman his full time job?
In Volatile Miss Martian shifted to her natural Martian form while still wearing her engagement ring. Did Superboy get some kind of special material so the ring can be accustomed to her shape shifting to prevent it from being destroyed or falling off?
Hi Young Justice fan here
Just want to know that even though the Martian race survives in the cartoon is J'onn still a widower or was he never married?
As an aspiring writer myself, I always have some characters that I prefer to work with more than others, I was wondering which of the YJ characters is the most fun for you?
Hi Greg, my name is Harold Storey and I run Tunes/Toons - a website and podcast dedicated to all things music and animation. I've interviewed creators such as Butch Hartman (Fairly OddParents)and Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!).
I wanted to request an interview with you over Zoom. I'd love to chat about the animation you loved growing up and any current projects you're working on. Thanks for your time. I can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 405-243-6647
Thank you for Young Justice: Phantoms! I've been really enjoying this season! A couple questions I've come up with:
1. Not sure how much you've thought about this but what was the in-universe reason for the change in Wonder Woman's costume? (Or for that matter, any of the League's in between seasons 2 and 3 if you've thought about them.)
2. This is a logistics-y question. Was the fact that you had a character model of a (blue) Isis from 2.18 (Intervention) inform your decision to use a (living) version of her in 4.13?
Thank you! As ever, I appreciate this deeply nerdy place!
Simple yes or no question with no spoilers. Was Liz going to remain part of The Spectacular Spider-Man series as an important character alongside the likes of Flash? Not saying they would be a major focus, but in terms of character development and the brilliance of the series getting side characters involved with the plot, was she going to get her redemption in season 3 onwards and played a vital role? I liked the way you altered the comic book version by changing a few things (again no spoiler) and bringing a refreshing look to the character. It would be nice if you give a response that is more than just a yes or no to understand your answer, but itâs ok if you choose not to.
A few questions about Mary Bromfield:
1) I know she was just an illusion in this scene, but what was the biological equivalent age of the little Mary that we saw in "Teg Ydaer!"?
2) I noticed that little Mary was wearing a white dress, and then when she transformed into Sergeant, she was also wearing white. This reminded me of how Billy wore red (with blue) and that his Captain Marvel colors are/were predominantly red. Are the Marvels' color schemes specifically based on what they like to wear when they first transform at a young age or is this just a co-incidence?
3) Obviously the marionettes we saw in Thirteen's scenes were exaggerated versions of those characters (Zatanna, Blue Beetle and Beast Boy) with all three of them sounding a bit different and far more chirpy (Beast Boy even sounded like he did in the original Teen Titans cartoon) so it's fair to say that those were NOT accurate depictions of those characters. They were exaggerations and reflections of how Thirteen viewed them. Therefore, is it fair to say that the very pushy little Mary Bromfield and the super angry Sergeant Marvel were NOT accurate depictions of how little Mary and Sergeant typically behaved? Would it be right, instead, to say that what we saw of little Mary and Sergeant was some sort of extreme exaggeration, based on how Mary of Team Year Ten thinks of those versions of herself when looking back?
4) Possible spoiler request here, but I would like to ask anyway while I'm here: has Mary Bromfield been raised by a wealthy family in Young Justice, like she was in the original comics?
Between Young Justice Seasons 2-3 during the two year time skip, Karen Beecher and Mal Duncan left the Team. But why did they decide to leave the Team? Did they both decide to take a break from the hero life due to Karen being pregnant or because they wanted to retire from the hero life like how Artemis and Wally once did after the events of Young Justice: Legacy?
Hey, love the show, here's hoping for season 5.
In Og Htrof Dna Reuqnoc!, Mary references the destruction Child could do to New York and El Paso to Khalid and Traci, supposedly referencing their homes.
My questions are:
1) Is Traci from/lives in El Paso?
2) Is Khalid from/lives in New York?
Why did you not let Perdita get Garfield to Liston to her to save their relationship ang help with his drug problem in the 13 episode of the four season of young justice? Because that is what most fans wanted to happen.
Hey Greg ! First, I wanted to thank you and Brandon for this show, its writing is a-m-a-z-i-n-g ! Hope you'll get season 5 !
Since Conner still had some powers left on Mars, why didn't his cut heal ? I mean, he still had some healing powers, right ? So a little cut wasn't a big deal...
In the comics, Detective Chimp tries to put on the Helmet of Fate but it doesn't fit him. In Young Justice, it's said the Helmet needs a Human host. I have a few questions about how Nabu would vet the viability of a host.
1. Does this mean that a Martian or a Kryptonian could never become Doctor Fate?
2. What about a human/alien hybrid like Conner or Gar?
2.(b) If Beast Boy could put it on, could he shapeshift? The idea of an animal Fate is amusing though I imagine Nabu would not agree.
3. What if one of the Red Androids that attacked Mount Justice or Red Tornado had tried to put it on?
4. Would Violet or Vic's relationship with Father or Motherbox disqualify them from the Helmet?
Why did miss martian choose to have a dating relationship with conner when she knew a martian lifespan is longer than conner's natural lifespan and because this reality she could live more than one hundred years after conner pass away?
It seems like every time the League has a mystic problem, they need to enlist Zatanna because they can't find Doctor Fate. Where does he disappear to for so long that no one can ever find him? Is he truly that busy all the time or are there some people who still have a bitter taste in their mouth about how Nabu acquired a host that they'd prefer to not even see Fate?
a)Have you by any chance heard of a Tiger-themed super-heroine named Purple Tigress (Juleka Couffaine) from Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir?
b)If you have then do you think she's way more cooler then Tigress (Artemis Crock)? Who I mean no offense too.
a) When did Arsenal (Roy Harper) know/heard about the Outsiders?
b) How come Arsenal never thought of joining the Outsiders? I bet Static (Virgil Hawkins) and El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr.) would've loved to have him join.
c) Does Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones) dislike Arsenal for any reason?
1 Rephrasing an earlier question I asked you. What does ultra humanite think of dr jaceâs unhealthy obsession with turning random kids with a metagene into metahumans and thinking they are her children?
2 Did she already have this obsession before ultra humanite mentored her?
I know Young Justice Phantoms focuses on the core characters of Season 1, but how come Roy isn't even a main character in Phantoms? He also played a significant role, just like the other characters (except Rocket).
Why did you not let the fans have what they wanted and that is that Garfield Logan would get back together with Queen Perdita as a couple sometime after their breakup?
why dont why see the mentors and protÃ©gÃ©s interact like we used to? that was one of the best things about the show imo, i know the second season took the seniors and freshman angle with the team but it wasnt explored with the same depth and then it was cast aside the next season.
Why does M'gann no regret sending Beast Boy back to earth after Conner died when she returned to earth with her uncle john and her sister on bioship baby and learns what happen to Beast Boy on earth after Beast Boy came back to earth with Superman from mars?
Why did Miss Martian choose to begin to have love relationship with Superboy when she knows an average martian lifespan is longer than Superboy's natural lifespan and because that lifespan difference she could live more than 100 years after Superboy dies this is even before what happen end the four episode of young justice?
Why did you not regret not let Garfield and Perdita get back together as a couple after the breakup after all most fans of young justice want Garfield and Perdita back together as a couple?
How many people died during Child's rampage on earth in young justice phantoms?
1. The school bus gag. It started with Superboy and ended with him too. Was this your plan all along? Was this whole thing leading up to Season 4 having a big story for focusing on Superboy?
2. When did Dick reveal his true identity to the original Team, specifically to the ones who weren't aware like Conner, M'gann, Artemis and Zatanna?
3. What year did Mal, Karen, La'gann, Barbara and Artemis leave the Team during the 2 year time skip between seasons 2-3?
4. What collage did Dick attend?
5. When Conner and M'gann were broken up in season 2, did he ever confide in his family like say Jonathan and Martha or maybe even Lois? Also how close are Conner and Lois?
This before the breakup. Why did Queen Perdita choose to Garfield if she did not see him as a possibility future husband?
Black Canary coincided the members of the team after the mind meld exercise in young justice and council the team members who were rescued from the Reach in young justice invasion so why did she not come to council Beast Boy on conner dying on mars during the first week Garfield being back earth after the trip to mars?
Has Young Justice been renewed for a 5th season yet or are they still waiting to renew?
Why did Garfield choose to listen to Perditio's message on his phone in episode 2 of young justice phantoms if he already intended end his relationship with Perdita by the time he traveled with Miss Martian and Superboy the wedding on Mars?
Why did you have SUPERBOY AND MISS MARTIAN GET BACK TOGATHER AT THE end if YOUNG JUSTICE PHANTOMS BUT NOT HAVE BEAST BOY AND PERDITIA GET BACK TOGATHER AT THE END YOUNG JUSTICE phantoms AFTER THIER earlier BREAKUP in the season?
Why Greg did you want Garfield to fall in love Queen Perdita if you had no plans for them to get engage be married as adults?
Is Steel a fan of Superman? It would seem so based on his red cape and S-shield.
Why did Ocean-Master want to rob Queen Mera of her powers?
Why did you have it as part of the plan of young justice timeline that Beast Boy and Queen Perdita's relationship would not be restored by the time of the 26 episode of the young justice season 4 or by the time of season 5 of young justice after Garfield's breakup with Perdita the 12 episode of young justice phantoms?
Why did you have Beast Boy die in young justice phantoms instead let someone save him from dying in young justice Phantoms?
WHY did you have Garfield breakup with Perdita in season 4 of young justice for only to have Garfield to date Tara in young justice season 5 of young justice?
Why helga jace is obsessed with children and thinks every metahuman she creates is her child? What happened to her?
Why did Garfield Logan choose not to have a relationship with any girl and remain single in the young justice's fifth season after his breakup with Peridia in the fourth season of young justice?
Quick question: what year is Young Justice season 1 set in? Everywhere I look says 2010, but I saw a post here that said you never told anyone it was in 2010.
Itâs okay if you canât answer. I just wanted to thank you for helping make an amazing series. :)
Why did Beast Boy choose to not to date girl and remain single during the time of season 5 of young justice?
1. How long did Superboy and the others continue to live in the Warehouse after the destruction of Mount Justice?
2. How long did Miss Martian live at her uncle's apartment after the destruction of Mount Justice?
3. Did Barbara's father learn her secret identity as Batgirl after she became paralyzed and if not how did she explain her injury to him?
4. When did Conner, M'gann, Karen, Wendy and Marvin graduate from Ivy University and what did they study?
Why did you have it that Beast Boy would not resume dating Queen Perdita after Beast boy stop taking drugs and had resume leading the Outsiders after the breakup?
Did Mal go to Ivy University like the rest of his friends or did he attend a different collage or just didn't go at all?
Why you decide it would part the young justice timeline that Beast Boy would breakup with Perdita?
Why was Garfield not getting back together with Queen Perdita again after their breakup never going to be part your show of young justice even though you had Miss Martian and Superboy getting back together after their breakup being part of your showy of young justice you created?
Did you and the writers ever consider how many people (namely children) must've died during Misplaced when the adult and child worlds were split? Planes without pilots, surgeons disappearing while their patients were on the operating table, etc.? I only just realized that, as have some of the folks at r/YoungJustice, and I was just wondering if you had ever thought the same?
Hi Greg! Sending all the good vibes I have to whenever you're reading this, hoping we have a Season 5. Young Justice absolutely deserves it and I dearly hope that the powers that be grant you, Brandon, and your whole crew and cast the chance to complete that original five-season outline... and hopefully more! #NeverTheEnd
Anyway, I have a few questions that pertain to Season 3. I don't think Season 4 will touch on them and I don't think they're particularly spoiler-y, but I understand if you can't answer them.
1. In "Rescue Op," M'gann makes a point of saying that no one is currently living on the Watchtower as part of the reason why she decides to have Forager bunk up with Brion in Bio-Ship. Two episodes later, we see Orphan in action alongside Robin's team. Given that the flashback in "The Lady, or the Tigress?" contains the Season 2 designs for the Bats, I'm interpreting that as to mean it happens before Season 3. So if Orphan wasn't living on the Watchtower (which makes sense since she wasn't a member of the Team) or in any of the hero teams' HQs, where was she living, considering she's a minor and all? Pretty confident it was Barbara or Bruce based on what we saw in S4, but if the answer is more spoiler-y than that, I understand. Really enjoyed seeing Cass so prevalent in Artemis's arc and I'm excited for whatever comes next!
2. On that note, were Dick and Barbara living together in Season 3? The only time we saw anything resembling 'home scenes' for Dick was at Barbara's apartment, but he certainly just have been stopping by. Still, I'm curious given their renewed relationship status in OUTSIDERS.
Very excited for Catwoman: Hunted and can't wait for Season 4B! Hope you're having a good day.
1. When did Karen and Mal learn the truth about M'gann and Conner?
2. When did Karen become BumbleBee and join the Team?
3. Who on the Team aside from Superboy was aware that Miss Martian was abusing her powers and if so why didn't they stop or confront her about it?
4. When did the original Team meet and learn about Lucas Carr?
5. Did Tim join the Outsiders to get close to Cassie in the hopes of reconciling their relationship? Also do you ever wish to get more focus/screentime for them since they have very little time or development compared to the other couples?
1. Were the Guardians of the Universe aware of what happened on Rimbor and if so why didn't they inform Hal, John, Guy or the Justice League?
2. What happened between Green Arrow and Black Canary in Season 3? Did they break up or stay together?
3. Why did Lagoon Boy leave the Team between seasons 2-3 and he is a member of the Alantian Royal Guard like Wyynde?
4. Why did Karen and Mal leave the Team?
5. There's been a lot of debate about this so I want confirmation. By the start of season 3, Superboy seemed to step back from taking part in active missions, but appeared he was Miss Martian's second in command until he later rejoined in the second half of the season. In short was Superboy still a member of the Team by Season 3?
Why did Beast Boy believe he should stop dating Perdita before Garfield and M'gann and Conner travel to Mars fore M'gann and Conner's plan wedding?
what year in the time skip between young justice and young justice invasion did Garfield logan's skin turn green?
Does being the host of Nabu and the Helmet of Fate prevent the need for bodily functions? Zatara was Doctor Fate for ten years, and I doubt he had any bathroom breaks. Will Zatanna, Khalid, and Traci not have any bodily functions for each month they don the helmet? Are menstrual cycles and periods still a concern? What about sweat? Hell, what about libido? If everything's magically frozen (even though the host still visibly ages for some reason...), can the host even bleed?
of the 22 episodes tim drake has appeared in so far hes only had lines in 6 of them.Why you gotta do my man like this? Like you said you guys couldnt afford for him to speak in antisocial pathologies but every other character that was involved in that scene got to speak except him and he was supposedly a major player in batmans team so why couldnt someone else get cut for that episode
If you were given 26 episodes in season 2 instead of 20, would the new characters have gotten more development? I was surprised to see how much development the new season 3 characters got - we got a good sense of their personalities, got to see them train and interact with older heroes, and even got to see Forager and Halo go to school. But for season 2, except for Blue Beetle and Impulse, most of the new characters were only seen in mission settings and we didn't learn anything about their lives outside of the team.
Blue Devil is the den parent of the Hub so why did Blue Devil not report to black canary abut beast boy's behavior after blue devil talk to him after Mist said she empty the refrigerator for beast boy?
In Season 4 Episode 11 did the line "The only requirement was a human host body capable of channeling Nabus mystic power. Such hosts were not always easy to come by" mean that certain humans are not capable of channeling Nabus mystic power and because of that hosts are hard to come by or did it mean that all humans can channel Nabu's mystic power and that hosts were just hard to come by for other reasons?
Every host besides Wally had magic. So is this implying that there was a specific reason why he could wear it or is it implying that anyone could wear it?
I don't know if you have ever heard this from other YJ viewers, but I'm a huge fan of your version of Apache Chief. I think he is one of the most interesting characters on the show despite being a minor character. I would've loved to see him in season 3. Therefore, I wanted to ask you: before the show was canceled, did you and Brandon planned on giving Tye a bigger role in future seasons?
He had a relatively big role in season 2 and seemed to be the most powerful out of the four. Therefore, giving him more prominence on the show would've made sense.
Trevor Doyle writes...
Hello Greg. Congrats on the success of Young Justice so far. I just have one question, but I've noticed it takes about a month to reply to a post. So my question might be answered simply by watching each week. None the less. I just wanted to know if in this Young Justice time line if Jonathan and Martha Kent are both dead, or is Martha still alive? Thank for taking the time to answer our questions.
You responded by saying that "They never existed in Earth-16 continuity. Instead, Jor-El and Lara came to Earth with Kal-El, were found by the U.S. Government and given witness relocation identities in Smallville as the Kents."
Doesn't this contradict what we saw in "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings" or are both "Martha" and "Jonathan" are kryptonians in disguise?
If Disney were to reboot Gargoyles (knock on wood that doesnât happen, I know) would you be at all willing to work on it or would you stay away in protest/out of principle? What would be the best or the least worst way for Disney to go about the reboot if they did so!
What was your point of Garfield Logan having a relationship with Perdita if it was not instead for their relationship as a couple was not last the whole four season of young justice or at least get them back being a couple at 26 episode of young justice season 4 after breakup in 12th episode of the 4th season of young justice?
To what extent does the League understand Vandal's true agenda? Do they understand Vandal has an agenda beyond forcing human evolution? Do they understand that Vandal is doing what he is doing to fight Apokolips & Darkseid?
Hey, Greg you probably get aksed this a lot but i really need to know if there is any way you Coyle make a â the spectacular Spider-Man â season 3? Pls that show was my entire childhood! Wish you the best.
When ocean master was a member of the light was he aware that klarion and vandal savageâs sunk Atlantis?
1)Why is Megan stronger than other Martians? 2)I couldn't blame her in season two.Finally we saw how she strong.Is the justice league worried about this? 2)Can she destroy the justice league?
Hi Mr. Weisman, first I just wanted to thank you for being so generous and just cool for answering so many questions to this day. You helped shape my childhood.
1) In Spectacular Spider-Man was there any chance of there being other superheroes to make appearances and help spidey, heroes he's close to like Daredevil and Human Torch (Johnny Storm)?
2) Did you have any input on Goliath's love of jalapeÃ±os?
1) Are Superman's powers working into space or on Apokolips ?
2) When Lex proposed that Klarion stop the armada back in season 3, was he serious ? I mean, is Klarion that powerful ?
3) How powerful is he actually ?
Thank you for this show, it's amazing and and like it more and more ! Wonderful work :)
I only got 1 question..
1. Since Superboy hates monkeys, does he love rats?
How come Miss Martian and Superboy got an arc that was self-contained and completely focused on their story but Artemis and Zatanna's arcs shifted around? I get wanting to keep the stories connected but it felt kind of unfair that we got so many m'gann and beast boy scenes in the other arcs when they already had so much screentime, especially when some of them weren't necessary for the plot.
This might be a question for the designers, but were Wildcat's bandages carried over from Batman: The Brave and the Bold?
@Greg_Weisman In case the 3 season of SpecSpidey never comes out, will all your knowledge about the development of the story remain somewhere or will we never know the end?
PD: sorry for asking about the same and for my english ð
Why did want Beast Boy to go throw depression for the loss of Conner by causing him to stop leading the outsiders and start taking drugs and being replace by another character on the star trek show he was an actor on and him dumping his girlfriend Perdita when she tries to get him help only to reveal Conner is not dead in young justice season 4?
Does Vandal Savage take any precautions around Queen Bee since she could technically manipulate him? He's been around her in person multiple times and I feel like he wouldn't let himself be vulnerable to something like that.
What that precaution is I figure is a spoiler, so not expecting you to answer that.
Tell me something Greg Weismann do you ever see anything you make through to the end? Or make comics about them to continue their best stories and character development? Everything you made has been cancelled or crud out on because your afraid it gets too good and you always leave them hanging with massive cliffhangers. Spectacular Spider-Man, gargoyles, W.I.T.C.H., Max Steel, Beware The Batman and Kaijudo Rise of The Duel Masters. Iâm currently making spiritual successors or my own ideas for each of these series because theyâve been cancelled and discontinued because others are âafraidâ of them getting too popular but I donât care. Iâm fearless, furious and only want to work with those who believe in what I believe in because I donât want to make anything that gets instantly cancelled or discontinued halfway to when their stories are getting good. I only want to ask if you will help me make stories as good as everything I mentioned and not give up on everything you worked so hard to make for all our childhoods and never let the truth get in the way of a good story
Hello! I have a question about the Crock family's finances.
It's been shown that Artemis lived in the same rundown apartment not just after Paula got out of jail and Crusher left, but before that as well.
But it appears Sportsmaster was a high level assassin and mercenary employed/contracted by very powerful and wealthy organisations, not least the Light and League of Shadows. And Huntress too, pre-injury/capture. I'd assume that would pay pretty well, so why do they live in such poor conditions? I wouldn't expect Wayne Manor levels of opulence, but they surely could have afforded much better than that apartment.
Could you shed any light on their financial situation please? Or am I just overestimating how much assassins get paid? I have my own theory for why, but that might constitute an original idea, so I won't mention it here.
Hi Greg! Great work on Phantoms so far; the mid-season finale was incredible and I'm excited to see how the rest of the season turns out!
I have a bit of an obscure question, but I was wondering if you and the Young Justice team had discussed how Mount Justice was formed? I understand that the mountain itself has been used in other DC media before YJ, and it's mentioned in the first season of YJ that Superman and Green Lantern had hollowed out this universe's mountain and reinforced it, but I was wondering if you had a general idea about how the mountain itself was formed? I'm not familiar with Rhode Island geography, but a singular mountain of that size on the coast seems like a super unique occurrence!
If you guys hadn't discussed this weird little tidbit, no worries at all. Thanks!
In 2020 Why did no one at the outsiders hq the Hub tell black canary about Garfield's behavior since he return to earth from mars to give him counseling before queen peridia visit him at the hub?
Why does Jim Harper have a G designation? (I saw it on the yjwiki)
Is Queen Bee a member of the Light only because you needed a woman on it ? I mean is it an inclusive choice or a real choice ?
Ay I got a few questions
1. When did Lynn Stewart and Black Lightning get married?
1a. when did they get divorced?
2. When did Hawkman and Hawkwoman get married?
3. Is Black Canary married to Green Arrow?
Are there Zeta-Tubes on Oa?
This is actually more of a joke, but do Thanagarian women lay eggs? (LOL)
Hey Greg! I am a huge fan of your work! Recently the NECA Gargoyles line has become a hot ticket item for collectors such as myself and I wanted to asked if you have had the chance to get the Goliath figure for yourself yet! Also as a follow up, with the increasing in merch for Gargoyles lately, could sales for these down the road show Disney that thereâs a strong interest in the brand still?
1. Did you and Brandon ever bother coming up with Queen Bee's actual name?
2. Were Troia and Garth's relations to Man's World and the Surface World respectively what gave them an edge in beating out other candidates for becoming the ambassadors for Themyscira and Atlantis? If not, were their relatively young ages (physically in Troia's case) and, as such, lack of experience in intergovernmental and foreign relations seen as a problem by some?
3. Are Themysicra and Atlantis the most recent additions to the United Nations, or did Greater Bialya join after them?
4. Troia is the current Secretary General of the UN. How is this possible given her young age (again, physically) and what is surely only a handful (if that) of years worth of experience, not to mention the country she represents being one of the newest additions to the UN as well?
5. Is Vlatava a member of the United Nations?
1. Is Vlatavastok the capital of Vlatava?
2. Is the royal family of Vlatava (a.k.a. Queen Perdita) based out of Vlatavastok?
3. What year was Greater Bialya founded: in the second half of 2016, in 2017, or in the first half of 2018?
4. Is Bialya--now Greater Bialya--still seen as a constitutional monarchy after Queen Bee's use of violent meta-human criminals to invade and take over Qurac?
5. Was Bialya ever a member of the United Nations, or did it only join (thus allowing Sumaan Harjavti to become its UN Ambassador) after forming Greater Bialya?
What month in 2013 where the Genomorphs liberated from Cadmus?
Does Cadmus know that Clark Kent is Superman?
I know Garfield was happy Conner was alive and not dead as Garfield believe. But my question is Why was Garfield not jealous that of Conner and M'gann being back together? After al Garfield believing Superboy was dead was what cause Garfield to go throw depression that led Garfield down the path to losing his relationship with Peridia and did not get back together with Perdita after conner and m'gann were reunited.
Did Garfield ever wish Miss Martian never saved him when he was 8 years old or die with his mother during the 10 years after Marie Logan died if not why not ?
1. What does Vandal Savage in general think of religion? Not asking a specific one just what are his thoughts on spirituality since he was born before organized religion.
2. Why doesn't Vandal Savage want his story to be told wouldn't he want to be known/remembered as a hero/leader of humanity?
3. Does Vandal Savage have an enhanced memory along with enhanced strength and healing? Does he have a better grasp of recollections of past events or is he closer to what regular humans have?
4. What made Vandal Savage choose his current name "Vandal Savage"? I am guessing Savage is for what is needed to survive but why did he choose Vandal?
5. Does he know the difference between Survivor of the Fittest and Social Darwinism? As in one who adapts to environment and not the ones with the best physical/intellectual traits that Social Darwinists think they have.
I had a couple of additional Spectacular questions.
1. How does the Osberry work? I understand how Goblinâs Osberry was able to show a full layout of the vault considering who Goblin is. Iâm more confused on how Black Cat was able to pull up a map in order to navigate through the prison.
2. In Accomplices, how did everyone track Roderick Kingsley for the final battle? It looked like he just parked at a random parking garage but maybe Iâm wrong.
3. This is kind of a follow up to my previous post, but was Menken aware of Norman being the Goblin? He definitely knows of Normanâs dealings with supervillains and gangsters since he held the summit in Accomplices. but Iâm wondering if he knew that he was being set up by Norman.
Thanks Greg. Looking forward to more Young Justice in the Spring!
When did Floyd Lawton become Deadshot?
When did Winslow Schott become Toyman?
When did Beatriz Bonilla de Costa become Fire?
Did she send Brion's suit long-distance? That would explain why she wasn't present at the meeting in "Princes All", and why there's such a long gap between "Rescue Op" and "Evolution."
If Tora Olafsdotter was 15 when she became Ice, how old was she when she joined the Justice League?
I also had a couple of clarification/confirmation questions for the wiki:
1) Is Sensei's sword from "Rescue Op" the same one Rako used, or is it a different sword forged with the X-ionizer?
2) Is the Vault from Artemis's arc in season four the equipment locker Roy accesses in "Satisfaction" or a different one? There are some differences, but there could have been some remodelling after the explosion.
Thanks so much!
Hi, I had a few questions regarding the Javelin and space travel in YJ.
You recently confirmed that all of YJ takes place within the Milky Way galaxy. Episode 402 tells us that the Javelin can get from the other side of the galaxy to Earth in just two days. That seems like an incredibly fast speed for a setting where everything takes place within a single galaxy.
1) Is this kind of speed typical of interstellar ships in Earth-16, or is the Javelin an uncommonly fast vessel (like the Interceptor in Green Lantern TAS)?
2) Is the Javelin purely Earth-designed and built, borrowed tech (like the Watchtower), or an Earth design built upon alien technologies (like the Earth ships in Stargate)?
3) How fast is the Warworld? (Not asking for a numerical speed, just similar to or signifcantly slower/faster than the Javelin)
4) Similarly, how fast are Green Lanterns using just their rings?
Did the Justice Society elect leaders?
Hi I LOVE your show so much and the first half of Season 4 was incredible. I have a few questions, mainly a LOT about Conner and M'gann.
1. Cyborg became a member of the Outsiders at the end of Season 3, but by the time Season 4 started, did he join the Justice League?
2. When M'gann and Conner broke up in season 2, how did the Team react to their break up and weren't they curious about why? It seems they kept the reason a secret from everyone, but did anyone know the truth about why they broke up?
3. Who told Dick and Kaldur that Conner died and who informed the rest of the Team, Outsiders and Justice League? (along with Wolf and Sphere)?
4. Since Superboy revealed himself to the world at the end of season 3, does this mean that everyone like his high school friends, Wendy and Marvin along with everyone in Happy Harbour know that Conner and Superboy are the same person?
5. How did Artemis react to Conner and M'gann's engagement? Did she ever feel envious or jealous since they were living the life she wanted with Wally?
6. Before they left for their trip, did Conner and M'gann get a bachelor and bachelorette party from their friends?
7. What was the exact date for Conner and M'gann's wedding on Earth before he died?
8. Does everyone in Happy Harbour know Conner is dead?
9. Has the Team had or will they have a funeral for Conner?
10. Did Conner ask for J'onn's blessings to marry M'gann?
11. To confirm, is Stargirl Courtney Whitmore?
12. When did Conner tell the Kents (Ma, Pa and Lois) that he and M'gann were engaged and how did they feel about the news?
13. When did Conner and M'gann tell everyone they got back together. Did they keep it a secret for a while or let everyone know right away?
14. Did Oracle rejoin the Team by the end of Season 3 and is she still with the Team by Season 4 or is she just severing as Mission Coordinator for every team?
15. Did Dick and Barbara become a couple after she became paralyzed?
16. When exactly did Barbara become paralyzed? The Flashbacks did not provide a timestamp so it didn't tell us the year, day or month when it all happened.
17. When did Kaldur and Wyynde become a couple?
Does Sony own the rights to the story of the Spectacular Spider-Man?
If you could do a comic adaption of the story, would you want to?
Why did you not want Garfield to get back into a relation Perdita after the breakup?
What did The Team do with Bane? (besides tying him to a tree?)
Where did Dr. Fate take the sorcerers in "Misplaced?"
Did you "cast" anyone as...
There's a lot of goofs in "Cold Case."
Captain Adams is Air Force, yet he wears Army uniform on the photo.
Despite being a colonel in 1968, Wade Eiling wears the rank of a major general in the flashbacks.
By the way, did you "cast" anyone as Eiling?
Were The Terror Twins your idea?
Did you "cast" anyone as...
Did you cast anyone as...
What kind of crimes did Eel O'Brian commit before he became Plastic Man?
During the voyage to the plant Mars for M'gann and Conner Kent wedding on the planet Mars what was the reason that M'gann who has a job on Earth as a councilor under the name Megan Morse did not realize Garfield had mental health issues and try help him with his mental issues during the voyage to Mars?
WHY did Miss Martian not try to find out what was wrong with Garfield during the trip to mars for her and conners wedding on mars?
Is teekl 1 monster transformation something teekl 1 is capable of herself or can she only take on that form with klarionâs magic?
I'm a huge Young Justice fan and I literally fell in love with your version of Klarion the Witch Boy! So I would like to know a little more about him and after Zatannaâs arc I found some strength to ask my questions about him and all these magic stuff. Here are my questions:
1) Why does Klarion pay so little attention to the safety of Teekl during fights with the heroes? Despite the fact that this is his weak point, literally in the 19th episode 1st season (Misplaced) the cat was out Klarionâs shield and wasnât protected in any way, later in 3d season the cat walked by itself and, obviously, was hit by an elephant-Beast Boy, and after that in the 4th season the Witch Boy threw Teekl at the Child, which was strange because he didnât make up any conclusions ð'ð»ð'ð».
2) Iâm a bit confused about how do the Lords of Chaos or Order feel pain. I had a chance to notice that in the 3d season Klarion was really distracted from his project and the whole fight with the sensations of wasp bites (it looked hilarious ahah), and in 4th season he felt the sensation of feeling with a huge hole in his chest with almost no shock or reactions. It also concerns the Child - thereâs a moment where sheâs cut into two parts, but it seems to her that it doesnât truly matter. Sooooâ¦ Can they feel pain and some kind of physical sensation? If so, how can they so easily endure such serious injuries as a hole in the entire chest or division in half?
3)What is the sexual orientation of Nabu and Klarion? Can they love at all, in spite of the fact that theyâre concepts? Does sex/race/age or even the kind of object of adoration matter to them? no contexts, just curiosity
4) The question is weird, but itâs been bothering me for years. Can the lords of order/chaos have children and reproduce other lords of order/chaos? Just to imagine that in this case Nabu has a human host body and a human physiologue, then whatâs preventing him from creating an army of Lords of Order just like himself? Is it possible in theory? Or is it only a matter of balance that stops them? Or itâs impossible :D
5) Go back to my favorite character and let me ask if the phrase "hello maggot" was referred to "hello megan"? If so, does this means that in his spare time, Klarion can watch something from human cinema? How does he even spend his time, besides bringing chaos (that doesnât happen very often)?
6) Does Klarion have a home? The thing is, Nabu has a Tower of Fate (his place of power), a place where he seems to "live", but is there such a place for the Lord of Chaos?
7) I wonder if Teekl is a cat from the Earth, a regular cat, what does she feed on? Should she, as a familiar, eat or sleep or do other things that are related to the physiology of an ordinary cat?
8) All lords of chaos are children? And another question: Are they all equally strong or are there stronger/weaker ones? It's just not very clear who, as a result, turned out to be stronger - the Witch Boy or Childâ¦ and why are they both children?
9) If the Lords of Order and Chaos can travel in time and space, what prevents them from doing it again and again, correcting their mistakes and ultimately pursuing their goals?
10) Will there be a âdisclosureâ about the Earth-17 in the next series and seasons? If itâs spoilers, Iâll understand~
11) Why does Klarion torture animals? In season 3 he said something about Â«torturing puppies is funÂ». But how does this act contribute to chaos? If heâs not evil or good, then why animalsâ torture is fun?
12) Season 4 states that Arion was a relative of Vandal Savage and possessed immortality, just like Savage. But then Arion died when a piece of the statue fell on him... how was that possible? Can Vandal be killed by that way? If so, why wasnât this obvious option added into those â300 waysâ?
Sorry there are so many questions, uh I hope they donât bother you very much! Thank you in advance for your replies! I love the Young Justice and really hope weâll see not only the 5th season, but also all the 6+! Anyway, thanks for creating this fascinating show for us ð'ð»ð'ð»â¥ï¸
Did klarion and the child always have a bad relationship?
Hi Greg, Recently I finish the second season, I have 1 question related with "Depths" and the discussion(donÂ´t know if thereÂ´s a better term for what happen) in The Bio-Ship:
What was expecting Superboy to happen to M'gann if he told the League/Nightwing about?
sorry if is hard to read, english is not my native tongue
So this is an analysis on gender as I gathered from the Marzz arc, there are some questions at the end though.
The first notable element of gender roles within Marzz society is how for the Orthodox Martian Wedding, it is the blessing of the man's parents rather than the woman's, as is standard custom on Earth. From this flipping of roles, the basic assumption would be a relatively Matriarchal Society.
This idea in human culture at least, stemmed from the idea of the woman being given to the man's family. Which ties in nicely with the next point. This may be coincidental, but the only instances we had where a Martian's given and surnames did not match were older males (Ress Edda, Rohh Karr, Karr Mangg, Sternn Jaxx) who would likely or definitively been married, or an instance where the woman's family had disowned her (Jann Morzz). This takes the original name for Emree into account, rather than her changed name. This pattern would appear to indicate that it is customary for males to take the woman's family name when marrying.
Then we have the Altar and Canopy building ceremony, and it shows that it wasn't a simple flipping of Gender Norms for a Matriarchal Society. The Male Ceremony, the Altar Building, requires Strength and Physicality, endurance to withstand the heat of the Lava and providing hard Structure to the Altar. It is the foundation for the marriage. While the Female Ceremony, with the Canopy, is a mental task, with the challenge coming from synchronicity with family, overcoming the baggage of previous relationships to move forward and the Canopy providing shelter. This association of Male=Structure/Strength, Female=Shelter/Emotion, is a fairly standard human perception of gender.
Or so it seems, but when one considers that M'arzz is a highly Mental based society, we would assume that the mental challenge is considered more significant, fitting for that initial assumption of a matriarchy.
Now, in saying that the elephant in the room to the Matriarchal Assumption is that Sternn was the ruler of Marzz prior to his death, at which point Jarlia took over. There are two solutions that I see here; the first is that much like Earth, while Marzz developed from a matriarchy, it now doesnt possess that clear delineation and permits male rulers. The second, ties into the ideas presented in the Altar ceremony. Structure, is perceived as a masculine trait by the religious orthodoxy, and structure is rather necessary for a society. So it stands to reason that the leader is seen as one who provides Structure; the male leader, while still having that perception of women as more responsible for other facets of Shelter within a society.
This leads to some more speculative interpretation of the Yellonn. Ceridyall, a Goddess, appears to be most significant - or at least most significant for the elements of Marzz society which we see. The most prominent Yellonn we see is a woman, while there are certainly Priests as well, it would make some sense if the "pope" of the Yellonn, as a key representative of Ceridyall, were a woman in turn. So this leads to the idea that the Matriarchy comes from the Theology.
With how the Yellonn perform that birthday inaugeration ceremony (which features Life in the form of animals, life being an aspect of Ceridyall), and how they present Jemm into a lineage of great rulers, it appears that the Yellonn are essentially recognised as giving authority to the crown - the Male Government is given its power by the Female Faith.
With that, I turn to questions.
1) You had recently (as of writing) said that the Yellonn were supposed to remain apolitical. This would seem to go against the interpretation that the Yellonn are the power that grants the Blahdenn authority; but given that the Yellonn are involved in the coronation for Jemm, this seemed to be a political matter, rather than apolitical involvement. So I'm curious towards how you resolve their apoliticalness with their involvement in seemingly poltical events.
2) "His, her or their", simple but effective in conveying that the Orthodoxy is at least partially supportive of a nonbinary view of gender. However, given the seeming gender segregated roles of the Altar and Canopy building, I was curious to how "they"s fit into the wedding schema. If there were a nonbinary facet akin to the Altar/Canopy which represents ideals that the Orthodoxy holds towards nonbinary individuals, a component which is left out of weddings not featuring a nonbinary individual (just as the component of the gendered individual is left out accordingly in the enby wedding presumably) or must they decide on a gendered role to perform?
3) Similarly, with the gendered Altar and Canopy, how would same-sex marriages (if they are permitted), function? Would a wedding have two Canopies or are there different traditions to accommodate (assuming they are accommodated at all)?
Liked seeing all the items from the comics in "Alienated." By the way, how did the Light learn of Rimbor, and why did they choose the six Leaguers to rampage there?
1. How old is Jane Nassour?
2. How old is Muhammed Nassour?
3. What field of medicine was Khalid pursuing?
4. How physically old was Arion when he died?
5. Was Arion the maternal or paternal grandson of Vandal Savage?
I know the Legion of Superheroes play a part in Phantoms. We have already seen Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, and Chameleon Boy. But will other Legionnaires, such as Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Shadow Lass, Bouncing Boy, Dawnstar and Brainiac 5 appear later in the season?
Would Tony Zucco be expected to make an appearance later on?
Does Zatanna have a cousin named Zachary?
Who is Amistad's biological father, and how come we haven't seen him yet?
When did Bumblebee, Batgirl, and Tim Drake join the team?
Why did Lagoon Boy leave the Team and when?
I know you cannot reveal the release date for the second half of the fourth season of Young Justice, but can you at least give me a teeny tiny hint when the second half will be released?
Are Kent Nelson, Madame Xanadu, Zatanna and Zatara Homo Magi?
If you were to guess, what is the minimum number of episodes or tie-in comic issues you would need to tell the story of the Earth-17 fiasco?
Hey Greg, I'll make this question quick, could we see John Constantine ever show up in Young Justice?
The Tazmanian Tiger has two thylacines named Benjamin and Natasha. Can you tell from the picture (https://gargwiki.net/images/9/98/TazmanianTiger.JPG) which of the two is Benjamin and Natasha?
How did Luthor know that Superboy was out of shields?
Where were Aqualad and Zatanna during "Performance?"
Are Carlo and his brother twins?
Who voiced them?
When did Raymond Jensen become Parasite?
Where were Artemis, Robin, and Aqualad during "Agendas?"
The League and the team only ever talk about Apokolips but they never mention the true kingpin, Darkseid. Have any of the League or the team actually met the guy?
(I'm guessing they have not.)
Why was Garfield getting back together with Queen peridia as a couple after the breakup not part of the plan of the story of young justice?
after watching zee's arc im confused on what young justice is supposed to be about at this point? its no longer about the team its not about the teenage heroes and its not really about the original cast either, it kinda feels like its trying to cover the entire dc universe but its stretched too thin
My Guess on Nightwing's Season 4 Story Arc: My guess is that is has to do with Jason Todd and the circumstances in which the former second Robin died; as such Nightwing is the one who is dealing with the guilt instead of Batman if we assume that Jason apparently died on a mission that Nightwing was leading at the time. I suspect that the truth about the Red-Hooded Ninja being Jason Todd will come out by this point, and Dick will probably try to bring Jason back; but without any success.
My Guess on Aqualad's Season 4 Story Arc: My guess is that it has something to do with his father, Black Manta, and that Aqualad will finally learn the truth about why his father hates Aquaman so much. However, Aqualad will try to get to the bottom of this by understanding that there are three sides to the story: Aquaman's, his father's, and the overall truth, and therefore putting an end to all the blame and animosity between his father and his mentor.
TRUE OR FALSE: What Really Happened in the Reach Apocalypse Timeline?
#1. Nightwing never considered bringing Artemis in for an undercover operation in this timeline. The idea probably only came up in the new timeline AFTER Impulse arrived from the future.
#2. Blue Beetle is successfully reprogrammed by the Reach in this timeline; this was the moment Impulse intervened in the new timeline.
#3. Miss Martian destroys Aqualadâs mind in this timeline, but fails to fix him after she is captured. She ends up being killed as a result. The assumption is that Simon tired first and failed too.
#4. Zatanna finds out how to disable the Scarab in this timeline, but she ends up being killed during the attempt.
#5. The Light never actually knew about the Reachâs true plans until it was too late; by that point they were either killed or enslaved by the Reach, OR they left Earth on Warworld. Also, Darkseid no longer had any interest in Earth as a result of the Reach's actions.
#6. The six members of the Justice League end up being found guilty of their crimes and are not freed due to no evidence of the Lightâs involvement being found in this timeline.
#7. The Reachâs success means the MFDs were not required to be used to destroy the planet.
Is the Gargoyles' Redemption Squad meant to be the equivalent of DC Comics' Suicide Squad and Marvel Comics' Thunderbolts?
Hi Mr. Greg!
I am a huge fan of your work! And i wanted to ask you something. Well, i'm from Brazil, and in the 3rd season you mentioned Fire, she is a Brazilian hero, so my question is she will appear in the show?
And i have one more question... Can you release the Designation numbers from 27-36?
Thanks for your work creating the BEST super-hero/spy drama ever!
Why was it plan for Garfield to meet and fall in love with Queen Perdita if you did not plan for Garfield to marry Perdita as an adult in the young justice story?
Troia and the marvels left the team in year 5 and the video game, Young Justice: Legacy, tasks place in February of team year 5 and they aren't in it does that mean they left in either January or before February 15.
also according to this
time become robin in the same time frame, did they level before or after he joined? or did you mean that he becomes robin in July-august and they left between July to February 15?
Please tell me that Garfield and perdita are getting back together,yes or no i want a straight answer
So the Tagline of Young Justice Legacy is One will rise, One will fall and One will die, now after checking the Wikia and searching the archives I am not sure about the complete answer. I know that Tula does, I suppose Kaldur falls as for who will rise, is the rise supposed to refer to Tiamat. Or does Rise refer to Dick stepping up to be a leader of the team. Basically can you tell/confirm who the three individuals in the Tagline are.
Where did the Brain and Monsieur Mallah vanish to in "Alpha Male?"
Why did Perdita and Garfield believe they were not right for each other anymore and should not be a couple again even after Garfield said he was sorry for what happen to then in young justice season 4 episode 12?
When the soon-to-be founders of the Justice League first met, did everyone immediately get along?
Why did black canary not come to see Garfield soon after Garfield return to earth after conner died on mars to check on Garfield logan menthol heath after black lighting said all members of the league and team and outsiders' members to have a mental health checkup?
Why did Queen Peredia decide not back into a relationship with beast boy after he apologize how he treated her in young justice phantoms episode 13?
Is the DeLamb family from a different part of Europe? Because I just now realized that name doesn't sound Markovian, nor does the name Frederick. If so, what country is the DeLamb family from?
How much does the team and the League actually know about Wally's death? Did they just accept it at face value - that Wally was struck by lightning and died? Was there some sort of investigation? What did they conclude?
Why did you decide Garfield and Perdita would never get back together as a couple after the breakup in the story of young justice?
This question is about the Shaman from the Gargoyles episode Walkabout.
Did the Shaman have any sort of knowledge or feeling that Anastasia was really Titania?
Hope you and your family are staying healthy. Iâve been introducing Spectacular to a lot of my friends and had a couple of questions since rewatching it.
1. What did Ock do to mitigate his powerpack from losing power after his debut episode?
2. In Final Curtain, why does âChameleon-Normanâ need to hire Gargan to find Menken? In the episode, âChameleon-Normanâ is told by the Oscorp employee that the only people that can remove Menkenâs address from the Oscorp database would be Norman or Menken. I thought that the real Norman would know where Menken would be since Menken says that Oscorp rented the apartment for him? Iâm just confused on why the real Norman wouldnât know and tell âChameleon-Normanâ where Menkenâs location would be in order to lure Spider-Man to Menken.
3. Who came up with the idea to frame Menken? Was it Chameleon or Norman?
My friends are enjoying the show and itâs been a joy to rewatch the show. It still holds up. Iâve been enjoying YJ: Phantoms as well. Finally, I wanted to send my condolences to you for the loss of Dave Schwartz. Hope you are well and stay safe.
In episode 9 of YJ Phantoms, when the new chaos lord (child) is coming to Earth, on screen there are 10 Lords of Chaos and 11 Lords of Order but then after this point, both Chaos and Order respectively only have 8 Lords shown on screen. Was the time the screen showed more than 8 Lords from each side an animation error or are there actually more than 8 Lords from each side?
why don't we see more about the outsiders as a team and learn more about the members? it's a bit hard to connect to them..it's odd how they're made to be such a big deal in the show when we really only get beast boy's perspective
Why were Spoiler, Arrowette, and Thirteen featured so mcuh during comic con before season 3, giving the impression they were going to be main characters when they really only spoke in one episode?
Hello Greg !
First, i'am a big fan of your work for years now, the author job is absolutely amazing and you are one of the best for me.
But here I have one question that torture me for weeks since I have seen the masterpiece "Spectacular Spider-Man"
If the season 3 to 5 has happened... Would Peter have left Gwen somehow and ended up with Mary Jane? I dont have to judge your answer I just want to know how I have to see the charaters now... Because one thing that I really love about what you did of Mary Jane, is letting her be a incredible character on her own, not by Pete, and I cant see this Pete with this version of Mary Jane personally, and his relationship with Gwen is for me a masterpiece and one of the major good point of the series.
Deep inside of me I hope that your plan was to do Pete - Gwen the final relationship but I'm not the author here...
With all my respect, thanks for all what you did and will do, we will continue to support you <3
P.S I search for an hour now in the respond and unrespond questions and however I try to formulate the key word of the search bar, I always end with hundreds of question, I read tens of them without fiding one like mine so sorry if this was already post and/or respond, and if it was I will be gratefull to the moderator who is reading me (thanks for this giantfull work that you did for more than 10 years) to link me this post
2nd P.S : My english is really not perfect but I did my best, French are not known for their english talent haha.
Again thanks for all <3 in the past, the present and the future.
Why did you make the decision that Garfield and Queen Perdita breakup despite most young justice fans like Garfield and Perdita as a couple together?
Why did people of Queen Perdita's country like Perdita dating the meta human Garfield Logan before the breakup?
Why do you do not regret what you did changing beast boy's personify and what happen to in him because the personality changes in young justice phantoms after many fans did not like what happen to him young justice phantoms?
I have a question. Do gargoyles have their own concept of beauty among them? I mean, even Goliath unintentionally told Elisa he thought humans are ugly, which was very fun to watch.
But we have seen among people we are attracted to our own perspective of what's beautiful. So I was wondering if gargoyles are the same, or they have a concept that all among their kind are beautiful in their unique way?
What did people of Queen Perdita's country think of Peridia dating a meta human Garfield before the breakup?
Why did you plan M'gann would listen to her sister Em'ree who care for her was trying to help M'gann with the loss of Conner on the way back to earth on bioship baby, but Beast Boy would fell to listen to peridia who love him who was trying to convince Garfield get help for depression cause drug problem?
Dear Greg, my friend seems to think Vandal is "white" while I'm under the impression that his race is ambiguous or the application of race is beyond such a primordial being. What are your thoughts on the matter?
Were Ishtar and Nabu meta-human?
What year did the Starro invasion take place in Babylon?
Why did you Greg want Garfield to meet and date Queen Perdita in the young justice universe if you had no intention for them to get married as adults but go throw a breakup in episode 13 of season 4 of young justice?
Why was Beast Boy drastically redesigned in season 3?
How exactly does the chain of command works for the Outsiders? For example, if and when Beast Boy is unable to lead the Outsiders, who is usually the one to step up as the leader of the Outsiders during that time until Beast Boy resumes his leadership duties?
Why Greg did you make the choice Beast Boy would be single not married to a woman as adult in young justice timeline?
Will you ever add Victoria October to the show?
Mr. Weisman why you come to decide that Garfield's relation with Perdita would not be restored after Garfield go treatment for his problems like Perdita wanted him to which led to breakup originally?
Why did Queen Bee want Robin alive?
Did you "cast" anyone as...
Can anyone practice magic or they have to be a Homo Magi?
Is Atlantis the largest nation on the planet?
Hi Greg, appreciate all the work youâve done for the show, Iâm loving this season. Something Iâve always been obsessed with is the designations. I know you wonât reveal them, but Iâd like to ask:
1. Will all of the designations for justice league members who have joined since 3 began (Batwoman, blue devil, hardware, etc) be revealed at some point?
2. Do characters who have joined the outsiders (stargirl, livewire, looker, etc) join the team and/or get B-Designstions before getting D designations?
Thanks again for making this show! Looking forward to the next 13 episodes and hopefully a fifth season.
Does Atlantis cover two-thirds of the planet?
1. You had 5 episodes that were supposed to focus on Zatanna. At the end of that arc, why donât we still know ANYTHING about her personal life ? 2.Why did you decide to sideline her in her OWN arc ?
3. Why didnât Jonh Constantine show up ? Do you hate him ?
Greg why did want Garfield to breakup with Perdita in the story of young justice? And Weisman why did you not want Garfield to get back with Perdita later on in the story of young justice?
hey Greg I was wondering if you had permission would you feature other characters besides the X-men and Fantastic four
1. the Avengers (Iron man, Wasp, Ant-man, Hulk, and Thor)
2. Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.
3. Red Skull and Hydra
4. Doctor Doom
5. A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics)
Why did you people the staff of the show of young justice plan that Miss Martian would get help for the loss of Superboy on the trip back to earth from her Martian sister Em'ree who went to earth with M'gann and their uncle john but no would accomplish in getting help for Garfield before M'gann reunited with Garfield on the planet earth?
"M'gann: But I can't be trusted to use my other powers.
Dinah: M'gann, you're Martian.
Not using your natural abilities is like me refusing to speak.
Which, by the way, I tried for a while...
...after my very first Canary Cry nearly deafened my entire first-grade class.
So I get how you feel, but not being yourself is never the answer...
...and won't make your feelings of guilt go away.
Learn from what happened. Your uncle would be happy to train you.
Practice until you gain control and regain your confidence."
Why wasn't Mary told the same thing why does she have to quit cold turkey?
Why Greg did you make the decision Garfield wouldn't not get back with Perdita at the end of phantoms but Miss Martian and Superboy get back together at the end of season 4 of Young Justice after all it was the loss of Superboy is what lead to breakup Garfield from Perdita?
Hi Greg, Excellent finish to the Zatanna arc. I appreciate it a lot as someone who understands the magic principles that I feel shaped the arc ("A Magician performs the real trick while their Assistants occupy the minds of the audience").
There was a few minor things that I was hoping you could provide some clarity on, not necessarily giving spoilers - more a curiousity if some seeming inconsistencies are thought out and intentional.
1) I enjoyed that the sinking of Atlantis lined up to ~9000 BC, as stated by Plato when he first described Atlantis. But, Plato also alleged Atlantis to be at war with Athens (despite us knowing historically that Athens as it was wouldn't have existed then, nor Minoan or Mycenaean Greece). I was curious if some Proto-Minoan state which would eventually become Greece may have existed in that era to survive with the stories of Atlantis?
2) On that train of thought; was curious if this potential society, may have contributed to the Atlantean Language origins?, since Modern Atlantean is based off of Ancient Greek, but Atlantis' sinking and presumably its linguistic drift would have occured long before Ancient Greece became a language.
3) So obviously the 12 000 Years aren't necessarily precise, but taking them as being such, we get the Babylon Events (or rather Vandal's Babylon's rise) as being 7586 years post Atlantis. Assuming it was 9000 BC exactly; that gives us a date of 1414 BC.
You've previously given Ishtar's birth as 1816 BC, indicating a rather long lifespan - presumably immortality. But, Ishtar was first known by history as of around 2400 BC - to be syncretised with Inanna in the Akkadian Empire.
1414 BC is also within the Kassite era of Babylon, far from the most prominent or first Babylon - With Hammurambi's Code (which seems like a good thing for the Lords of Order to lay witness to) being in around 1700s BC.
Question is basically if you had considered these dates and elements, and if you had a reason for the inconsistencies (would love if you'd lay out the reasons, but understand if that would qualify as spoiler, so would be satisfied in knowing if it had been considered or not previously)?
4) These next two are slightly different, but similar wheelhouse in dates and ages. First, Carol Ferris. You've said for her to have been born in 1986 (so 24 for S1 in TY0), while Hal became a Lantern in 2000 - where she'd have been 14. While obviously Hal and Carol aren't necessarily connected in YJ, I was curious if you had been considering these elements when assigning her age? (And ofc, knowing that since its CIT, that you could just as easily change it if it didn't line up to your intents)
5) Similarly, we have Superman and Lois, who are romantically entangled. You've said that Superman joined the Daily Planet when he was 21, so either 1998 or 1999. At this point in time, Lois would have been around 16. Is this something that you'd considered when assigning their ages? (again, knowing full well that you're able to change the ages to suit further elements as desired since they're not established in the show material).
What was your reason for Garfield to meet Perdita in the time skip between young justice season 2 and season 3 only for Garfield Logan to end his relationship with Perdita when she offers to get him help for his depression in season 4 episode 13 for the lose Conner in season 4 episode 4 of the show young justice Mr. Greg Weisman?
Did the person who sent the goode goggles to Perdita's hotel room in young justice outsiders' episode 12 intended for Perdita to put them on?
Hi Greg, how you feel about people who are fans of young justice not liking Garfield's personality change during the episodes of Phantoms showing Garfield on earth up to episode 13 after Conner sacrifice on mar in episode 4?
I have an idea for a drama comedy series based on my life at cbu in Memphis.. I am a student at Christian Brothers University... I just think it deserves to be on hbo Max or Disney plus or paramount plus I have a pitch bible and everything done I wrote the pilot for it.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J_lKomJU2FHeWwy8VRBG3wYb5AZkE_-k/view?usp=drivesdk
Weisman why did you and team that work with to make young justice stories make the decision that Conner and M'gann be together again at the last part of season phantoms, but Beast Boy would not be back to gather with Queen Perdita at the end season phantoms after all the loss Conner in fourth episode of phenoms is what lead to a change of events to breakup Beast Boy and Queen Perdita?
Where was Virgil's sister coming from when Virgil was waiting to see her? (before he was abducted)
Some questions regarding Chaos Lords and their familiars
1. Can a Chaos Lord, in theory make anything in the material world as their familiars? Or does the object and or creature they use need to be special in order to compatible with them? Like was the crystal that became Flaw some way magical itself or was it just a regular piece of crystal? And was the cat that became Teekl something special or was it really just an ordinary cat?
2. Are familiars limited by whatever forms they have or are they generally equally powerful in most cases? Could Teekl say, take the same level of punishment that Flaw could, or is Flaw more durable because he is made of a crystal substance? Seemed like Flaw was impervious to most attacks, whereas Teekl could get knocked around much more easily. Likewise Teekl was killed by Flaw breaking her neck whereas Flaw was much harder for the heroes to put down.
3. When Klarion was using the bus as his anchor, does mean the bus was his familiar at that time? If not, then how was the bus distinct from Teekl?
4. Nabu referred to Klarion and Teekl sharing the 'bond of naming', making Teekl his anchor, but Child only named Flaw after she chose him as his familiar and gave him a name as a 'gift'. So, do Chaos Lords have to name their familiars to make them good anchors?
5. Klarion said that the 'cat', has to look for him. Now Klarionâs inability to explain things clearly in general notwithstanding, what does this mean? Was Flaw looking for Child when they bonded? Or is this more a case of every Chaos Lord is unique in how they chose familiars?
How was the superheroes able to save everybody from getting kill by Child's rampage on earth in young justice phantoms?
1. When Mary faced her demons in the form of Sergeant in Nabu's test, Mary said she could still be a better Hero than Sergeant that she could be just as important and just as powerful, I found this line very ominous, because even while she subdues her demon in that test she's still fixated on being powerful and important to prove that she is someone of value not on being a better person or someone who can help more people. Is this something you have done on purpose to show that she has not yet dealt with her power addiction issues or am I reading too much into it.
2. Also isn't Sergeant and the powers that come with it in a way a part of Mary, trying to renounce it and going cold turkey seems to me not quite the same as say trying to go sober or overcoming a drug addiction, it seems an issue quite similar to dysmorphia. Shouldn't the solution to helping her be confronting and being able to embrace Sergeant and finding a balance instead of while avoiding the issue altogether out of fear. And didn't Black Canary say that if she stopped talking out of fear of making everyone around her go deaf, that wouldn't be a solution. I just can't understand when people like Black Canary and Miss Martian who knows what it's like to do things out of fear, how can they all and much less Zatanna endorse such a solution especially when they already know that is not a solution to begin with. Ofcourse you do deserve the benefit of the doubt since there might have been things that happened offscreen that led to such results being taken. But for me based on that I have seen about Mary and her battle and all the other characters that had to face this same battle it seems too impossible that they will let Mary go forward with her issues with this path especially with Zatanna for example why isn't Mary working with Dinah. I don't mind seeing Mary have this sort of issue but others being okay with Mary taking such an outcome doesn't seem right to me.
I can't thank you enough though for doing such a storyline and clearly you are victorious in getting me to care a lot for a character that I have known for five episodes juggled along with multiple characters, but I am gonna find it a lot harder to comprehend heroes especially those have been under training as part of the Team to end up at this low note in this manner, once again no problem with characters reaching a low point but in this particular manner seems difficult to digest. Also really hoping for a season 5 can't get enough of the show.
Mr. Weisman If nothing went wrong on the trip on Mars and Miss Martian and Superboy got married on Mars and return to Earth safely would have Garfield still breakup with Perdita and if so, why?
Greg why was it plan of the show of young justice season 4 phantoms that after the loss of conner Garfield would stop leading the outsiders then stop acting on the show he was actor on and then stop his relationship with Perdita to only show conner is not dead but trap and after that conner is rescue but Garfield dos not get back his relationship with peridia back after conner is rescued?
In season 4 episode 13 of young justice both Khalid and Traci said Wow in reaction as Zatanna went to talk to Mary. Were they reacting to Zatanna's plan of alternating host bodies since they didnt act surprised when Zatanna put forward the idea to Fate about multiple hosts for Nabu or was the reaction of Wow simply about how Zatanna was dealing with Mary and power stealing habit and how Mary won't be a host for Nabu.
1 Is the reason child has such a powerful familiar because she had the support of the other chaos lords?
2 Why did the chaos lords send klarion as their agent of chaos for earth?
3 Can flaw communicate with the child similair to how only klarion is able to understand teekl 1 & 2?
4 In the comics child was a boy. So why did you choose to make them Into a girl for young justice?(I like the change just want to understand)
So in Auld Acquaintance according to your previous responses the Cure Chip was given to both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. For Captain Marvel to get that chip, did Billy have to say SHAZAM again and then the control chip was given to Captain Marvel or administering the Chip to Billy do the trick.
After the scouring the archives and re-watching episode s there is still something I am not very clear about,
1. When Billy or Mary or Freddy say Shazam, then is it like they are augmented and via magic become older and their bodies become adult like, or is it like something similar to how it's depicted in Miracle Man where there are separate bodies stored in a different plane of existence and they switch bodies , i.e the 18 yr old Billy body is in a separate place(which lets say is some sort of magical dimension) while he becomes Captain Marvel/Shazam.
2. I ask this because of the test of Mary by Dr Fate where she has to fight Sergeant, was the difference between the two(Mary and Sarge) was just a psychological thing and simply a manifestation of Mary's anxieties and fears. Or is that when Mary or Billy actually transform their superpowered selves are slightly different people with slightly different personalities.
Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
1.- Did Billy Batson became weaker, as in 1/3 weaker, by sharing the power with Mary and Fredy? Or was he given 1/3 of the power from the start?
2-. When you said CaptainÃ¢â¬â¢s marvelÃ¢â¬â¢s speed depended on which season we were talking about, does that mean Captain Marvel became weaker due to sharing the power?
3.- When Billy fought Despero as Captain Marvel, was him losing so easily to Despero in part caused because he had already shared the power of SHAZAM and therefor was weaker at that one? If so I assume Superman would have fared better than him, wouldnÃ¢â¬â¢t he? Not an hypotethical, just Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
4.-Assuming he became weaker by sharing the power of Shazam does that mean Captain Marvel is not close to SupermanÃ¢â¬â¢s or IconÃ¢â¬â¢s power levels anymore?
Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
1.- Did Billy Batson became weaker, as in 1/3 weaker, by sharing the power with Mary and Fredy? Or was he given 1/3 of the power from the start?
2-. When you said Captainâs marvelâs speed depended on which season we were talking about, does that mean Captain Marvel became weaker due to sharing the power?
3.- When Billy fought Despero as Captain Marvel, was him losing so easily to Despero in part caused because he had already shared the power of SHAZAM and therefor was weaker at that one? If so I assume Superman would have fared better than him, wouldnât he? Not an hypotethical, just Here are some Shazam/ Marvel family questions now that the we know more about them.
1.- Did Billy Batson became weaker, as in 1/3 weaker, by sharing the power with Mary and Fredy? Or was he given 1/3 of the power from the start?
2-. When you said Captainâs marvelâs speed depended on which season we were talking about, does that mean Captain Marvel became weaker due to sharing the power?
3.- When Billy fought Despero as Captain Marvel, was him losing so easily to him in part because he had already shared the power of SHAZAM and therefor was weaker at that one? If so I assume Superman would have fared better than him, wouldnât he? Not asking an hypothetical, just wondering if Despero got a wrong impression of Earthâs heavy hitters.
4.-Assuming he became weaker by sharing the power of Shazam does that mean Captain Marvel is not close to Supermanâs or Iconâs power levels anymore?
4.-Assuming he became weaker by sharing the power, does that mean Captain Marvel is not close to Supermanâs or Iconâs power levels anymore?
Thank you Greg!
Hey GregIâm one of the fans thatâs been bugging you about seeing Mary Marvelâ¦I saw the mid season finale of phantoms and just wanted to give you my thoughts on Mary marvel so far.
One one hand, Iâm happy you finally got to write her, as she is very under appreciated. And you are a writer I admire, so if anyone is going to give her Justice thatâs you.
But still gotta admit, Iâm a little nervous about the whole evil Mary marvel arch.
Donât get me wrong. I am in the minority of fans, but I agree with you that being power hungry it is flaw of hers that goes as early as Fawcettâs Mary Marvel issue #4. A powerless Billy sees losing the power as losing a weight over his shoulders during the fawcett run (other issues) , but Mary, in that issue, just breaks. During new 52 she is the one that gets the more attached to that power too.
Wasnât a fan of the whole leyline sorcerer thing as sure, the overcoming addiction metaphor is great, but her transforming is kind the point of her character. Just like seeing Sailor moon transform or seeing the witch girls also transform. Just like mAry They are magical girls, so I feel we miss a lot by her abandoning that side
Also I have to say that the whole of her being addicted doesnât have the same punch as we were told about itâs instead of shown because the time skip. Would have been best seeing her lose herself when she was in the team,
Also With granny being the one that corrupts her in the stingersâ¦makes me ver pay very worried this will be an adaptation of the whole countdown fiasco were she had ugly pink hair, and acted completely out of character.
By the time you red this, Mary might show up again during phantoms, And if she did hope you guys went for the black suit, instead of the ugly pink hair one from apokolips,
Still ! i hope this doesnât come the wrong way. This wasnât how I expected to see Mary, but I am a big fans of your writting, so Iâve faith you will avoid the pitfalls of the whole Coundtdpwn Mary Marvel fiasco. Just like you did by adapting the Judas Contract.
Keep the awesome work.
So my question is
What are your thoughts about that ?
What month in 2008 did Zatara, Captain Atom, Black Canary, John Stewart, Captain Marvel, and Red Tornado join the Justice League?
What month in 2004 did Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Hawkwoman join the Justice League?
Have any members of The Team/Outsiders been to a Pride parade? Who?
After Beast Boy return to earth from mars but before Perdita came to see Garfield at the Hub why did no one on the Outsiders team tell Black Canary about Garfield having problems so she could do therapy sessions with Garfield?
In the mid-season finale of "Young Justice: Phantoms," Connor's ghost/phantom is shown to have three parallel gashes of various sizes on his chest. Assuming he is in the Phantom Zone, is his position and condition meant to be an indirect nod to the "Injustice 2" tie-in comics; in which Superboy had to stay in the Phantom Zone in order to stay alive after being critically injured by Superman and Superboy would need immediate medical attention the minute he gets out of the Phantom Zone?
MR. Greg Why was it decide that Miss Martian and Superboy would be reunited at the end of young justice phantoms, but Garfield and Perdita's relationship would not be restored at the end of young justice phantoms?
Happy New Year! Some odds and ends I was wondering about:
1) Since Perdita now has a scar that goes up to her collarbone, where she didn't before, does that mean she's had another heart transplant since we last saw her in season 3?
2) Would Terra's earth powers be able to affect the crystal Flaw is made out of, like Khalid's life powers affected Teekl?
3) How much do Terra's powers work on? That is, we know they work on rock and soil, but what about sand, or natural glasses like obsidian, or materials like jet or coal that started as organic matter? Sorry if this is getting too granular, it's just always something I wonder about when a character has 'earth powers,' since the earth is made up of so much different stuff compared to the other classic elements.
4) Given that the Markovs are very definitely saying Mother of Goat and not Mother of God, does that mean that the Markovs aren't Christian? If so, is whatever religion they follow the dominant one in Markovia?
5) Does the Red Hooded Ninja actually wear that mask and goggles all the time on Infinity Island? What about when he sleeps?
What's the name and age of Perdita's security guard from "Break my Heart"?
Is Achilles gay? Was/is he in a romantic relationship with Patroclus?
Mister Greg why did you and the people who work with you decide that Garfield and Perdita would not get back to together by the time of episode 26 of season 4 of young justice after the breakup in episode 13 of young justice season 4?
Why did Beast Boy make the choice to breakup with Perdita when she offer help in young justice phantoms episode 13?
Okay so we canât ask about Alanâs living status, but I just want to know if he was âaroundâ long enough for Jennifer-Lynn Hayden (Jade) and Todd Rice (Obsidian) to be conceived? Not asking when they were born just whether they exist or not.
1. Can Orphan read and write?
2. Since Orphan canât physically speak as her vocal cords are damaged, would she be able to âspeakâ on a psychic link? Or she wonât be able to since she never learned how to speak?
Several fans on Youtube got the impression that New Teekl was the same cat as Old Teekl in a time loop. Is that true?
1. So...Dr. Fate can send people through time?
2. Why is this not used more often?
3. Has Bart ever asked to be sent back into the future?
Is Granny Goodness trying to manipulate Mary Bromfield/Sergeant Marvel into becoming a member of the Female Furies? If this is true, I have reason to believe that this must be an indirect nod to Final Crisis; in which four individuals (Wonder Woman, Giganta, Catwoman, and Batwoman) became the Female Furies.
Why was decided that Beast Boy's mental problems he had in the first 13-episodes young justice phenoms not resolved by the time of the end of young justice phantoms last episode 26?
If the Light didn't want to put a mole on the Team, (been done to death, as we all know) then why didn't Shade teleport Cassandra along with the other Shadows to Santa Prisca in "Artemis Through the Looking-Glass" and secure the JL Computer intel?
1 Since nabu is a special case as he was originaly human. In a unlikely event another lord of order wanted to enter the mortal plane would they also require a human host like nabu does?
2 Why do the other lords of chaos not take on mortal forms to cause more chaos?
In regards to the mid-season finale of "Young Justice: Phantoms"...
A. In regards to Zatanna seeing Superboy's ghost(?), I am assuming that the unidentified area that Klarion (as the bus) went through was most likely the Phantom Zone?
B. In regards to Mary being manipulated by Granny Goodness, I suspect that this is another plot involving the Anti-Life Equation, and Mary just fell into the trap. As such, I suspect that Mary will become an antagonist during the next half of the season.
C. In regards to Beast Boy, what he did to Perdita was uncalled for, and I suspect they will not be able to reconcile and get back together. Honestly, I thought he would have done something much worse; considering I had read on the internet somewhere that implied that his dark path this season would ultimately lead to him committing suicide.
Fortunately, that did not happen in "Kaerb Ym Traeh!," but I fear it still may happen at some point in the second half of the season. Seriously, why hasn't Dinah come to visit him and have him talk about his problems?!
D. In regards to Zatara finally being free, I'm truly happy for him, but I suspect that he won't be having a "Welcome Back!" party to celebrate his return anytime soon. I also suspect he will have more therapy sessions to go through.
E. In regards to Penny (the student) and Charlie (the bus driver), I hope that we will one day see the present day versions of these characters. I was glad they (and presumably the other kids as well) were still doing well during the 10 years after that traumatizing experience through time and space.
Do Virman Vunderbar and Kanto exist on Earth-16?
How old is Isis?
Is the hero that accompanies Ice in episode 413 Isis?
What's her real name?
How old is she?
Is she THE Isis from "Intervention"?
So how does Vandal Savage leave all his descendants around? Does he have a killer set of bar lines he uses to seduce the ladies? Does he frequently donate his genetic material to banks? Does he marry? Something more...er.....bad....
Or is it a mix of things? As an example of what I mean did he meet Cassandra's mom at a bar and seduced her but married Olympia's mother?
LOVING the new Young Justice season! Can't wait to see how it all ends! Episode 13 (most recent as of this writing) was full of twists I didn't expect. Yikes! A little frightened by that stinger though, especially if that's who I think it was. Plus, with you-know-who? Dang! Right in the feels! This will undoubtedly get worse before it gets better, if at all totally. And that ending BEFORE the stinger! MAN!
A few questions I have about Mary though. I know she was Sargent Marvel on the Team for a while before being forced to give it up due to becoming drunk on power. As we've seen, Sargent Marvel is essentially Mary's evil side (like Jekyll and Hyde) that acts like a jerk and thinks she's better than everyone else, perhaps even Billy and Freddy (who I think was also a member for a while too.) Did Mary often times not change back from her other form, perhaps trying to stay Sargent Marvel 24/7, or at least as often as possible, which may have caused others to question? Also, did Mary/Sargeant's attitude cause problems on the Team for a while and rub others (like Conner, Artemis or Kaldur) the wrong way? Perhaps even getting into a fight with the Team before being stopped and Mary going cold turkey? Finally, I have to ask, WHAT caused a girl who's a sister to Billy Batson-one of THE nicest guys in DC and who never had much of a problem- to become so obsessed with power and seemingly being better than everyone through Sargent Marvel? In the comics, her attitude change was largely because she was corrupted by Black Adam's powers, but what about here? Was it being an orphan for perhaps longer than Billy was and not getting what he got sooner? Perhaps she was always secretly jealous he'd gotten a guardian (Dudley) and power by the Wizard before her while she had to scrounge around for so long.
Answer whenever you're able and keep up the good work.
1 The heroes have a strict no kill rule so I am a bit confused by how thirteen just killed flaw with no issue.
2 Why did child spend so much effort killing teekl 1 since she knows that klarion can just choose a new familiar. Making her efforts ultimately pointless
3 Did teekl 1 genuinly see klarion as her friend
4 Does every chaos lord take the form of a child
5 Do the other chaos lords have a bad relationship with klarion like the child
I had a small thought on Gargoyles 'The Eye of The Beholder'.
The Eye Odin manifested the inside of the wielder's true character. I understand Fox being predatory because she is ambitious and wants the thrill of the moment.
It can be difficult to picture someone like her being self-hating and conflicted. The only thing that comes to my mind is that despite Fox always mocking her father's lesson on living with integrity, it could perhaps be that deep down it did stick with her that it's important to have honor and integrity. Which it's the exact opposite of how she has been running her life. Maybe deep down she regrets disrespecting her father and doing whatever she pleases without considering who gets hurt.
Of course, this is just an analysis. Thanks for your time.
Is Mary Billy twin like in the comics
When did you decide Mary Bromfield was going to be addicted to magic and that's why she left the Team?
I know the Marvel family was originally going to be featured in a tie-in comic. Was this a part of what that story would have been about?
Episode 13 wow what a way to kick of the Hiatus, Zatanna is a morally gray character instead of being completely white I like it.
1) So was the inciting incident was Zatanna thinking about Dr.Fate having four hosts instead of one?
2) So Is Granny just waiting for dejected super powered people waiting to temp them to their darker sides acting as a devil on the shoulder, I found this odd.
3) There seems to be a theme of addiction and unhealthy dependence to things, We have seen this theme somewhat hinted with Superboy in season 1.
3.1 And would I be right when talking about Red Arrow at the beginning of Season two was he having a substance abuse problem too?
3.2 Beast Boy coping with depression and sleeping pills.
3.3 Finally Mary who is actively atleast as of episode 13 relapsing, was all this intentional or am I reading too much into this.
4) Now if I recall correctly the Shazam Family was supposed to have an arc in season 2 so my question is was your plan for Mary always to have her be a presence like this in season four or did things change because of season 2. If I were to guess for the last thing and I don't know how right I am was the plan to have her be an active member of team and show her dependence on the power as she was initially part of the team in year 6 but this was later relegated to offscreen development between the 5 year timeskip.
5) Last question which has whatsoever absolutely no relation to the above questions, have you read Multiversity Thunderworld and did you like it, If not I really think you should read it and the rest of Multiversity especially Pax Americana, SOS issues. I think they should be right up your alley. Have a great day.
1 Did klarion genuinely care for teekl 1
2 Since klarion is capable of choosing a New familiar when his old one perishes anyway. Why was klarion so scared fighting child if she could do no permenant damage to him
3 Are there lords of chaos/order on other planets
4 Why canât child just choose another familiar to return to the mortal plane
5 Does klarionâs familiar have to be a specific cat or was he just being picky when choosing teekl 2
1. Will Big Barda join the Justice League?
2. Is Raven joining the Outsiders to help Beast Boy with his depression?
1. What does Urban Magic do particularly?
2. Why did you give Thirteen Bad Luck Magic?
3. Why did you introduce Mist?
4. Also why is Livewire a good guy?
5. Will Bart return to the future now?
Hi Greg will Supergirl be introduce in season 4 if superboy is resurrected. Like she will act like Superman in Season 1 trying to void Clark and Conner?
About Phantom Stranger
Why did he suddenly changed his voice in episode 12 ?
And also why did you make him black ? I like this show because it respects the comics, like Billy Batson being "Captain Marvel" and not "Shazam" (the guy can't even say his name in new 52 lol), or Wally and Iris West being gingers, and so on...
Please don't become inclusive, you're show deserves so much better than that.
Did Barbara admire Batman? Her costume really resembles his.
In The Pit and Pendulum did you "cast anyone as...
Talia al Ghul
It appeared that time travel on Earth-16 operated on the ability to change the past and create a new timeline. We've seen that with Bart, where the timeline changed as a result.
However, with Klarion, we see that his shenanigans throughout the timeline have always been a part of it. The bus was always seen throughout the years and didn't change anything (we know this because we saw the bus all the way in season 1).
This seems to create two types of time travel that cannot co-exist: a) you can change the past and create a whole new timeline and b) you can't change the past and any time travel you do is already part of the timeline.
So my question is, which is it? Can you change the past with time travel or not?
I loved the bit with Klarion as the Catbus. I thought it was funny and creative. And yet I confess to being a little disappointed in learning it was planned out seasons ahead of time. Aside from the fact that perhaps the saga's resident Lord of Chaos should not have his backstory or arc so meticulously planned out ahead of time I was kind of hoping it had been a happy accident.
My question is, when you were writing or planning this show (or any previous show) have you ever come up with a neat script idea on the spot and put it in a current season, and been amazed and pleased to see how well it fits in with everything else? Has there ever been a little bit of Puck or Klarion's unpredictability in writing current scripts or has all of the stuff we've seen since the first season already been decided? I think either way of writing is fine, but I would love to see a script where Greg said "This is awesome and I want to share this as soon as possible." I guess my question is if this has ever happened, and if it has, could you name-drop an example or two?
Hello, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed The Spectacular Spider-Man. I as well as many others wish the show would be revived, although unlikely from what I have read online. My question is, even if it the show has no intention of coming back, could it be possible anyway (are there currently any obstacles in the way of making that happen)? I am asking because with everything Spider-Man related that his been going on lately, I feel as if Sony and Disney could maybe come up with a deal.
pls donât make apokolip war happen in yj i canât handle anymore deaths
Why did miss Martian does not offer Garfield to join the team after his power to change into animals appear and had got control his power to change into animals and if she did why Rita not let Garfield join the team miss Martian and Superboy was on? If Queen Perdita and Garfield did have a child together would the child's skin, be green at birth and would the child get Garfield's power to change into animals?
Hi! My names Mali and Iâm a HUGE
fan of young justice! The issue is Iâm Canadian and canât get HBO max. I want with all my heart to watch season 4 and I just want to know how I can steam/watch it. I would love to even buy it on dvd
When Troia is helping Diana and Cassie in "Og Htrof Dna Rueqnoc!", she's wearing her Ambassador outfit. Then, in the credits scene, Tempest is wearing his Ambassador outfit. I believe you've previously said that Garth and Tula wore their Atlantean clothes as their outfits when they were on the Team, and this is backed up by Garth wearing his regular outfit when he's standing with Dick, Jeff and Clark (who are all in costume here). So my question is: since Troia wore her normal outfit when she responded to the crisis with Diana and Cassie, then does this mean that she also wore clothing that was reflective of her heritage when she was on the Team? Garth and Tula wore Atlantan garb and I guess Troia wore her Themiscyran garb?
Hey Greg, huge fan of your work!
I just have a few questions concerning Spider-Man if you don't mind answering.
1.) The 1990's series had a sort of infamy around it for being heavily censcored to the point where Spidey wasn't allowed to punch his bad guys (They couldn't even call the Sinister Six 'Sinister'). Now your spidey throws punches, but did you have to clear any similar hurdles?
2.) I've always seen Spider-Man as a sort of loner superhero, part of that I think is because of Spectacular since there's no other heroes like Daredevil or the Avengers around to help. Do you consider spidey the same?
3.) I'm not sure if you can answer this or not, but did MJ know that Pete was Spider-Man like in the comics? Or was this a version where she, like everyone else, didn't know.
4.) This is more of a statement, but I love the webshooter sound effect you guys used for this show! I have no idea what it is but I'll sometimes hear the same SFX with other shows and think 'Hey! That's Spider-man's!'
Season 1 had a lot of elements from the young justice comics like being set in happy harbor, secret, harm, world without grown ups, and red tornado. the subsequent seasons havenât had as much, why is that?
Greg, are you aware that you can have a Muslim character without making their entire identity about being Muslim? You realize weâre regular people, right? Most of us arenât religious zealots. We donât think about being Muslim 24/7. Itâs just part of our identity. You donât really need to mention it, just like you have never mentioned the religion of any of the main white characters. Or is it more that you feel the need to remind the audience that youâre so inclusive for including Muslims? Whatever it is, you need to stop. This is clearly a blind spot of yours. And donât reply that some org youâre working with says youâre fine - they donât speak for all of us and you canât hide behind that to dismiss criticism.
Is Giovanni Zatara homo magi?
In the Season One finale of Young Justice, Black Canary regained consciousness while the Team was talking about how the Starro-tech infected the Justice League. But then, by the time she returned to the Watchtower, she was already cured. How did the Team prevent her from attacking them until they were finally able to cure her?
Why did you stop casting child actors for the roles of child characters in Young Justice?
when mary took the power of Khalid and Traci in âOg Htrof Dna Reuqnoc!â I got Phobos vibe from her because he did the same thing to Taranee and Cornelia in "v is for victory". Was that intentional? a hint that mary might fall to the dark side? or maybe to show us that she is still obsessed with power?
Young Justice seems to have a lot to do with time travel the last few episodes, Iâm loving it. One thing I am wondering is Bart Allen, with time travel being such a big part of his season two character why is he not involved at all it seems?
I may be getting ahead of myself with this question, but was the bus briefly being at Apokolips in 2021 meant to be a hint of some kind to Season 5 of Young Justice?
Assuming that the bus driver and children will eventually return to 2010, will they be needing some serious therapy in order to deal with the traumatizing time/dimension-hopping road trip?
In which year did the Zatara's flashbacks take place?
What mechanical monsters did Superman vanquish in those flashbacks?
My guess on the list of losses that fuels Beast Boy's depression.
1. Marie Logan (due to Queen Bee's actions); as indicated in Season Two. This was the start of it all
2. Jason Todd; based on the episode, "Nightmare Monkeys," they must have known each other at some point.
3. Tula; as seen in the video game, Young Justice: Legacy. Beast Boy probably heard about it off-screen after the final mission of the game since he was not present during the ending.
4. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord); based on the episode, "Nightmare Monkeys," they must have known each other at some point.
5. Artemis; although this was only temporarily because Beast Boy was happy after he learned she was alive the whole time.
6. Kid Flash; as seen in the Season 2 finale. Beast Boy would likely be depressed by this because he had previously told Aqualad to not fake anyone's death for at least a year; as such, Beast Boy would've likely felt guilty if he thought that he jinxed it by making such a comment.
7. Elasti-Girl; due to being Beast Boy's godmother.
8. Geo-Force, due to his sudden betrayal in the Season 3 finale.
9. Superboy; due to his sacrifice to save the Martian race.
10. Being replaced on Space Trek 3016.
Now, I assuming my guesses are correct; unless I've overlooked something. Finally, I have reason to believe that the final straw of Beast Boy's depression will happen in the mid-season finale; everything seems to be building up to it; but whether Beast Boy ends up suffering some kind of massive mental breakdown, or something worse, remains to be seen.
Hello! Would you do a video interview for my Youtube channel Digital Bloodlines regarding season 2 of W.I.T.C.H? We already did an interview with Andrew Nichols from season 1. We have contact information on both Facebook and Youtube at Digital Bloodlines.
So, if I understand this correctly, Kalrion went back in time to 2010, and then he took control of the school bus and put the bus and the kids through all kinds of hell since then. Also, were any missing reports put in on those people? Surely, someone must have seen the bus and its occupants disappear on that day and missing reports must have been filed to the police, right?
Hi Greg! I wanted to start by saying how much Iâm loving the season so far. I liked Seasons 2 and 3 less than Season 1 and have said multiple times since the season aired that season 4 is on par with Season 1 quality! So thank you.
Here are my questions:
1a&b) When did the idea of the bus first come up and who came up with it?
1c) Was the bus planned as a plot point since itâs first appearances in Season 1, or did that thought come up later?
2) When will you have a release date for Part 2 of Season 4?
3) I donât have a three because any other questions I can think of will be answered with âno spoilersâ
Warm Regards and Eagerly Awaiting Next Weekâs Mid-Season Finale
1. How old is Charlie Dagget?
2. When was Sindella born?
3. How old is Johnny Drew?
4. How old is Penny Randall?
Hi there Greg
I kind of feel like in this current arc the focus isn't that much on Zatanna herself compared to how in the Artemis arc we got to really understand her emotions and mindset, so I just wanted to ask what was the reason for that? I could be wrong but this is just my point of view
Thank you for reading.
In which year was Sindella born?
Hi Greg :)
I really loved episode 12 of YJP! It`s my favourite episode thus far :D
I have a few questions regarding this episode.
1. What type of cancer did Sindella have?
2. In which year did Sindella die?
3. In which year did Giovanni marry Sindella?
Thank you for taking your time :)
If Dan Garrett died in 2005, and Ted Kord became the new Blue Beetle around November 2011, why did it take so long for him to do so?
How old was Roy (Arsenal) when his parents died?
How old is Biggitz?
How old is Banks?
How old is Hart?
How old is Hauser?
How old is Ripley?
How old is Riker?
How old is Wilcox?
How old was Dick Grayson in Young Justice when he became Nightwing?
Since you've written for the character before, what are your thoughts on the MCU version of Spiderman, and what do you think makes a good Spiderman adaptation as a whole?
So since Zatara seems to be a practicing Catholic (or as much of a practicing Catholic he can be considering his body's being possessed by an ancient Sumerian dude unlikely to be interested in going to Mass) would you have tried to sprinkle in more indications of his faith in earlier seasons were you not constrained by Cartoon Network censors? Also, as a side note, I don't mind the references to religion in "Teg Ydaer!", and I found both the scene of Khalid confronting the illusions of his parents and especially Zatara reciting the Lord's Prayer incredibly good.
1 Was Jason blood already familiar with phantom stranger before they met in 4x10
2 Same question with etrigan
3 Do the other heroes know about Jason blood and etrigan
4 Did Jason blood already know about the existance of the chaos lords
5 same question as 4 with etrigan
I have just used the search function to check whether my first question has been asked and it looks as though a similar question was asked last week, but I want to expand upon that person's question.
1) So, another person has asked you whether Mary Bromfield is Billy Batson's sister in YJ (for, I think, the first time since "Teg Ydaer!" aired). Since there was a comic book reboot which negated their blood ties and made them foster siblings, I don't think that asking whether they're siblings gets to the heart of the matter, so I would like to be more specific, please: are Billy and Mary related by blood in Young Justice, or are they foster siblings? The Billy illusion in "Teg Ygaer!" refers to Mary as "sis" but I think that this has confused some people, as some have taken it as a sign that they are related by blood, whereas others think that it's a nod to them having been foster siblings instead. However, going back to the season 1 episodes "Alpha Male" and "Misplaced", Billy appeared to be living with Uncle Dudley and there didn't seem to be anyone else there, otherwise he would have turned to them when Dudley disappeared in the latter episode. So I think that Billy and Mary are NOT foster siblings, but rather are blood relations who were separated at birth (as in the early comics), and I wonder if you could confirm this, please.
2) Following on from the last question... if Billy and Mary are related by blood and you've confirmed this in your answer to question 1, then: are Billy and Mary twins? I ask because you've previously confirmed that they were born in the same year, and there is the matter of the fact that they were twins in the early comics. In YJ, one might still be older than the other by say 9-11 months (just because they were born in the same year, that doesn't mean they ARE twins for sure), but maybe you could weigh in on this, please.
3) And now, since the "sis" line in "Teg Ydaer!" has generated this discussion, I would like to also ask you about the "sister" comments in "Elder Wisdom", please. In that episode, Wonder Woman and Troia referred to one another as "sister". Halo also referred to Troia as Diana's sister and this wasn't refuted (though to be fair, this was in the midst of a fight, so of course Diana wouldn't immediately respond anyway). Are Diana and Troia blood relations? I know that Troia/Donna Troy has a complex comic book history, and so we could be dealing with a number of different possibilities here in terms of her origin, but I'm not asking about the bigger picture of the origin story itself. I would just like to know whether Troia is Diana's actual sister, or a sister in "spirit" (as I suppose all Amazons would be to Diana). The fact that you previously confirmed that Troia is a princess of Themiscyra would seem to confirm that Troia is Diana's blood relation. But then again, Troia could be adopted, so... I wonder if you could chime in on this, please. (It's confusing!)
4. Another Troia question: was her design in season 3 based on the look that Diana had in the 2017 Wonder Woman film, when she was living on Themiscyra? I thought that Diana's "in training" look in the live-action film looked very similar to Troia's U.N. Ambassador design.
Since you have worked on DC properties besides Young Justice, are there any chances you will work one day (or would be willing to) on something with a Superboy/Conner Kent based on the 90's one or the Reign of the Supermen 2019 one? I would very much like to see that version of Conner back in action again, the last movie upset me a lot.
I realize this is at best a "borderline" ask, but my friends suggested I ask it anyway despite the risk.
Big debate about religion down there.
Just... Why do I have to listen to freaking prayers in my YJ episode ?
In the episode, "Auld Acquaintance," Vandal Savage says that nothing troubled him more than the formation of Justice League, whom he saw as a major threat to his plans. How come Vandal didn't view the formation of the Justice Society or All-Star Squadron as a threat to his plans? What made the League different than the Society?
Does the Reverse-Flash NOT exist on Earth-16; if so, then why?
Sigh. I know this is never going to happen but wouldn't it be cool if Marvel allowed you to use the X-Men so you could adapt the X-Men/Teen Titans team-up on Young Justice?
Why does Earth-16's Stargirl have a mole on her face?
I have been a fan of Young Justice since it originally came out. I am also a big fan of small details within a universe as well as finding out as much about a universe as possible. As a result, the time jumps between seasons and the lack of information about events which transpired between seasons can be a bit annoying (although I can understand why they were added). The question I was wanting to ask is, will you ever consider returning to those 'missing' years (not including flashbacks in future episodes)?
In response to another user you once said you had "very specific ideas for our version of the Wonder Twins , Zan & Jayna, for Season Three."
1. What ultimately led to their exclusion altogether?
2. Were there other significant changes to the S3 plans between 2013 and 2016? I'm just curious how a S3 on CN in 2013 would have looked like (aside from the obvious).
Starting with Season 3 of Young Justice, you decided to have the first letters of each episode spell out a hidden message; which I find very interesting because I am trying to figure out what Season 4's message is. Do you regret not coming with this idea much sooner when you first started this series?
Has the production budget for Young Justice changed since it was on Cartoon Network? (Asking if S1, S3 and S4 have the same costs)
Hi Mr. Greg. I have a hypothetical question about gargoyles.
We know there were gargoyles all around the globe once, so let's say hypothetically, there were clans on Polynesia.
We've seen that Gargoyles can have costumes that are part of their nationality similar to humans, like the Ishimura Clan who practices Bushido in Japan.
In Polynesia, the warriors used to tattoo their bodies, which was most significant since it represented their identity and personality, even their ranks in society.
So hypothetically speaking, if there were gargoyles living in Polynesia, would they have tattooed their bodies as well? And assuming they would have, wouldn't the stone sleep heal the tattoos? Or since their tattoos are symbolic to them, would the Spell of Humility protect the tattoos from healing?
I would appreacite an answer. Thanks you.
Something that has caused considerable confusion among the fandom regarding Orphan injuring Batgirl is why Barbara was trying to save her despite there being no indication she even knew who Orphan was and could have a been a random assassin.
Did Batgirl have some sort of intel/knowledge of Orphan and know that she had never killed before?
Who is Henry Heywood and why did they name a high school after him?
Hi MarvelmanÂ !
To respond, I don't consider Greg and Brandon proselytizers at all, I know that's part of the characters and that's fine with me. What is not fine, on the other hand, is the fact that the show seems to have taken a turn where they focus more and more about subjects that have nothing to do with superheros.
And again, that's not the real problem. It all depends on the intend at first. When JK Rowling said she'd always thought Dumbledore as an homosexual, that was nice and I liked it, and I even supported it against homophobics, because that how she see her character. What I wouldn't have liked and supported, however, would have been if she started like thisÂ : ''I need to put homosexuals in my book because I'm tolerant and I wanna defend homosexuality. So I guess Dumbledore would just have to be an homosexual.Â ''
That, I don't like. And I feel they did that with KhalidÂ : ''Â We wanna talk about religion, so let's create a muslim character and AFTER we will try to make him fit in the story.Â ''
That way of treating characters doesn't set with me. It's not specifically religion (although I'll admit I consider this one to be very dirty), but also any form of positive discrimination, like wokeism.
I'm an agnostic, I don't hate religion, I just don't like it and consider it silly, but I don't want to prevent anyone from their beliefs. I just say that the writers seem to lose the point more and more, where their purpose is more to talk about religion and other things than to tell a story and develop characters. First, you create a character, and second, you put things into it. You don't start by developing a characters to talk about a thing. Or, if you do, then you must admit that your first goal is to talk about that thing, and therefore, in the case of religion, doing propaganda or advertisement.
By the way, believing in an afterlife and a higher power doesn't mean be religious. There are other possibilities than the ones (very stupid to me) proposed by religion. ^^
Thank you for you're very interesting response anywayÂ !
Comment to be of course deleted by the moderators:)
Since Alan shook Red Tornado's hand when he was inducted into the Justice Society, was he the leader then?
Loving Season 4 so far! I have one thing i'm trying to understand and maybe i've missed the hints, but are we supposed to know why the Outsiders aren't helping Gar when he's clearly depressed or is that a spoiler? They're coming across as bad friends, but I doubt that's the intent.
Wow. Just, wow.
I feel so strongly about Mr Fan and Mr Disappointed's question that I have to respond.
First, Mr Fan and Mr Disappointed, you need to learn to separate a creator from his creation. Nabakov created a sympathetic pedophile in Lolita but that doesn't mean he was advocating paedophilia anymore than J.K. Rowling is a wizard or Anne Rice was a vampire. And, just because Khalid and Zatara talked about their faiths doesn't make Greg & Brandon proselytizers.
All it means is that religion is part of Khalid and Zatara's characters. The heroes of Young Justice have spiritual beliefs because they are fully rounded personalities. It was suggested in "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings" that Superman believes in an afterlife and a higher power because, of course he does, he's Superman! Of course, Superman believes in a higher good! Of course, he believes that the universe is purposeful! If he didn't, he wouldn't be Superman! I did not get the feeling at all that either the producers or the writer were trying to convince me to become a Roman Catholic or a Muslim or even a theist!
Mr Fan and Mr Disappointed, you seem to really have it out for religion. There is no question that there is a long history of theists trying to impose their idea of perfection on the world and mistreating those who will not or cannot be perfected. It is also true there are many Christians & Muslims who draw strength and peace from their faith and want to quietly get on with their lives - just like you.
I am actually an atheist. If I thought that this show was some kind of advertisement for religion, I probably wouldn't watch it. But, I am also a writer, and as a writer I want my characters to have the quality of verisimilitude. Part of that means considering their religious beliefs.
Do Abin Sur and Sinestro exist in this universe?
What were the names of Billy Batson's parents?
Is Mary his sister?
Hi Greg ! Hope you're fine !
I have a really important question (and some criticism) to write. To explain quickly before :
I've just watched "Teg Ydaer" and I got to say this is the episode I hated the most of the show, and by far. And I'm afraid this will happen again. I hated it against my will, believe me, but that was too much. Aside the fact that this is Zatanna's arc and that she got like 3% of the screentime so far, with absolutely NO character development, I'm deeply angered that you introduced religion in such a central matter. We had a long part of the episode dedicated to religion and talking about how great it was, giving hope to people and so on ... And to me, during that moment, that wasn't a superhero show anymoreÂ ! That was religion propaganda. What's next then ? Telling kids how great it is to join the Jehovah's Witnesses or any other religion, sect or cult because it gives hope ? To someone like me, who considers (and I speak only from my perspective, don't want to offend anybody here) religion like one of the most silliest and dangerous things ever happened in human history, that's really disgusting. Not only that, but to see my favorite show becoming something absolutely irrelevant to its subject, I felt really sick.
Like I've seen in some comments before me, that feels like positive discrimination. It feels like Khalid is here ONLY because he's a muslim.
Now, I'm not a hater, I love this show, I don't want to get in a fight about religion or belief, I'm just a fan deeply concerned, sad and disappointed with the direction that the show is taking today, and who feels betrayed more and more.
SO, to come back to my question, have you planned to develop or talk again about religionÂ ? And do you regret having done that in such a proportion, or done it at all ?
Thanks for reading, hope I wasn't too harsh or rude ;)
Mary still has 1/3 of the power of Shazam. Does she drain power from Billy and Freddy even when she is not using it?
Given that Vandal Savage has lived over 50,000 years, he would likely have known many truths about various world events and countless unsolved mysteries throughout history, am I correct?
Re-watching Gargoyles for the first time in a decade now that it's on Disney+
I could't find anything in the archive. (I did find the answers about Goliath & Demon's ages/changes tho)
1) How old is David Xanatos ? (I'm guessing 37 in the first ep based off Vows)
2) How old is Fox?
3) How long did they know each other vs how long were they dating ?
4) Did anyone sign a prenup ?
5) How many languages do Fox / David speak?
Honestly, despite how dramatic their lives are, they seem like they have a healthy & strong relationship. They both put all their cards on the table & seem to really love each other. I think they have the most honest relationship & will die old & in-love together.
In regards to the funny and bizarre end credits scene in "Teg Ydaer!," I theorize that the bus driver and the children are not actually humans, but aliens in disguise (hence the reason they do not seem to age since their last appearance from Season 1); and that the bus is actually an alien vehicle in disguise that allows its occupants to travel across time and space (hence the reason they appeared out of nowhere and nearly hit Baby). In conclusion, I believe the whole school bus thing is actually far more than just running gag/joke. Hopefully, we will not have to wait until the very end of the Young Justice series in order to find out the truth.
Fellow writer (albeit an amateur) here, and I gotta say: Dang dude, nice episode and I love the hyping up of this "new" girl Child but you had to resort to a neck snap? I'm still recovering from losing my favorite version of Superboy ever to that, even if it was a villain this time.
When was Nabu (Savage's son) born?
More Young Justice Spin-Off Ideas For Mr. Greg Weisman to Consider If He Ever Decides To Expand The Earth-16 DC Animated Universe:
Young Justice Dark (YJD): This spin-off idea should feature the Earth-16 equivalent of Justice League Dark from the mainstream DC Universe. The overall story of this spin-off series idea should involve the creation of a splinter covert ops team that comprises completely of magic users; with this team dealing specifically with supernatural threats that have been increasingly more dangerous than what has been depicted thus far in the Earth-16 DC animated universe. The assumption is that the (presumably traumatizing) aftermath of dealing with the Child is what will prompt the creation of the splinter covert ops team; although likely not immediately after this event. The idea is that this team is the only one that can deal with such threats because the dark nature of these threats is so deep and truly horrifying that it would easily break and traumatize most other heroes. The final assumption here is that this spin-off idea would be completely horror-themed.
Red Hood and the Outlaws: This spin-off idea assumes that Jason Todd eventually regains his full memories, but does not want to associate with the Team, the Outsiders, or any other possible teen superhero groups (presumably due to his personal shame of how he terribly mishandled the circumstances that led to his own death), and he would instead decide to form his own team consisting of individuals who lives are just as messed up as his own (but whose line-up would obviously be different than what is depicted in the comics).
Did Robin and Zatanna sleep together?
This may or may not be answered by itself by the time you get this, but in "Teg Ydaer!," I'm guessing that the person who tried to call Beast Boy was Perdita, and that her attempted phone call was to let him know she is going to break up with him due him neglecting to call her ever since he returned to Earth after Superboy's (apparent) death (which I assume she has not been informed about), and that this will become the final straw that will cause massive damage on Beast Boy's mental health and he will attempt to commit suicide as a result (which is the direction that seems to be heavily implied during this third story arc)? Also, I'm guessing that the Outsiders' inability to truly understand what Beast Boy is going through is going to cause them to feel extremely guilty for not helping him through his mental health issues during the second half of Season 4?
I was one of the fans that keep asking an bugging about Mary Marvel (now Sargent) over the years and was pleasantly surprised to see you finally portray her.
I am actually extremely surprised how you caught on that obscure flaw of hers many fans donât
Of how even in the old fawcett comics she was very very attached to her powers.
I recall there was an issue in the original fawcett run (Mary Marvel issue #4) were it is stated Shazam loses his powers every thousand years. And so did Mary herself.
So she extremely depressed and went crying to the point she felt useless for losing her powers, but still managed to save the day by her own power (similar to what you did) That in contrast to Billy who actually took losing his powers much better.
There are other examples in the comics, but usually she is the one to take it the worst of the marvel family when they get de-powered.
This also how she was corrupted im the infamous, and for some badly written, countdown comics were she got the black suit and went too drunk with power. And sacrificed her morality for power. Twice.
1.-My first question would be, am I right in the money, of you portraying her being too atached to her Shazam form being part of her âcore trueâ and/or inspired by past stories?
Of course asking if she is ever going to transform is a spoiler so I am going to ask about her perspective instead. So my second question is
2-Does Mary consider giving up being Sargent Marvel as a permanent solution? As in does she gave up ever transforming? or just until she rehabilites and manages not too get drunk in power?
I am a bit sad we wonât see Sargent Marvel in action in the future, or the hole marvel family together, but still happy I got my wish on got to see your take on her.
Keep the great work!
Why did nabu bother testing zatannaâs students if he wasnât planning on intervering anyway
In "Teg ydaer" there is brief shot of the Elders (the gods & heroes that give Shazam his power). Their appearance is much like their appearance in the live-action Shazam! show from the 1970s. Was this a deliberate shout-out to that series?
1) What is Sergeant Marvel's biological equivalent age? It was a surprise to see that she looked older than season 4 Mary, who would probably be about 20 years old.
2) What is Captain Marvel's biological equivalent age?
Quick question about "Tea Ydaer!" (which was a fantastic episode!):
I remember that it was reported from Ask Greg Live several years ago (maybe it was in 2015?) that the plan for Lt. and Sgt. Marvel was to have them both wear pants and have stars and sashes on their outfits to indicate their "ranks". Now this is not a criticism AT ALL, as I thought Sergeant looked amazing in the latest episode, but I'm just wondering if there's a reason why the stars and sashes were ultimately not used for Sergeant? (Unless they were there and I just didn't notice them.)
As always, Greg, thanks for your response and for your work on this amazing show!
1. What was the reasoning behind having the Team picking up souvenirs from their missions back in Season 1? I get that some items like the Helmet of Fate or Atremis' arrow would come into play later, but what was the initial intent behind it or the larger theme at work? Or was it done mostly for the reasons I stated?
2. By the end of Season 2, do the Team still collect souvenirs from their missions? Seems like they don't anymore since it's never brought up again.
3. Why did League allow the Team to hold onto the Helmet of Fate? Seems like that would be very dangerous souvenir to let the Team keep, whereas most of the other stuff is fairly benign.
In the SpinOff, Pendragon, would both Arthur or Griff find love again? Or just one of them?
Hi Greg, i wanted to say that i simply love your shows(YJ and Spider-Man are my favourites) everthing that you write specifically attracts me and you are probably one of my favorite writers :D. Anyway, recently i was thinking about characters age in Spectacular Spider-Man timeline so here are some questions:
1. How old is Black Cat? i think i saw some interview podcast that you said she was nineteen(but im not so sure) nevertheless, do you think is weird for her to kiss a 16 year old teenager? even though she problably thought he was older.
2. Did someone besides Flash Thompson in Peter class(like Harry or Gwen, or Peter himself) made 17 in the space of 6 months that the show is pass?
3. When Peter was bitten by the spider in the field trip of his sophomore year, he was sixteen already or was he fifteen and made sixteen after sometime later?
4. How are you theses days?
4a. Sorry for any grammatical mistake, im brazillian and english is a little dificult to write. Anyway, i wish the best for you :)
Hey greg this is a two part question and iâm pretty this isnât a spoiler question but when did Jason Todd become robin (Specifically how old was he) and how long was he on the team before he died? and thank so much for being the series back
Hello Mr.Greg. I have been a big fan of your work since I was 13 To this date, I love Gargoyles (which I love making art of them and creating many OC) and recently became a fan of Young Justice.
I have many questions, but I won't take much of your time. There's one doubt that has been on my mind about Elisa Maza for a while now.
I know that in a Police Unit there are many departments for different types of crimes, from homicide to cybercrimes.
So it makes me wonder if Elisa has a specific department. Seeing how much she investigates Organized crime like Dracon and robbery, makes me wonder if she is a detective in Special Investigations.
I would truly appreciate an answer and I appreciate giving your time to answer all our questions.
1. Exactly much money did Xanatos have to pay in order purchase Castle Wyvern? I mean, I know Owen said the cost was astronomical, but I'd still like to know the exact amount.
2. After Xanatos purchased Castle Wyvern, exactly how long did it take for the castle to be rebuilt on top of the Eyrie Building?
3. In part two of "Awakening," there seemed to be a moment where Xanatos appeared to look upset after the sun had set and the storm was occurring. Was the reason he looked upset at that moment was because he thought the castle was not high enough above the clouds and therefore he initially thought the stone sleep curse on the Goliath and his clan was not going to be broken?
To what was Klarion referring to in 4.10 by "the oppositions new arrangements"? Are we already supposed to know what he is talking about? Or, does this fall into spoiler territory?
Hello Greg, I've already asked one question concerning M'gann but I wanted to ask another. Hopefully we aren't limited to the amount of questions we can ask. If so, I'd like this question to take precedence over my previous question as I'm particularly curious about it.
Given as ancient as Vandal Savage is and how far and wide he has traveled, is it the case that he is the Y-Chromosomal Adam of this Universe? If you are not familiar with this term, I'm asking is it the case that he is the most recent patrilineal ancestor (and maybe ancestor in general) that all human beings share? Is every being currently alive with human admixture - such as Superboy or Jonathan Kent - a direct descendant of Vandal Savage/member of his bloodline? I imagine that he is a direct ancestor of almost all humans who have ever lived as well .
1: Was matches Malone a real person or did Bruce simply choose that name since it sounded Irish?
1b: was he a Gotham city criminal?
2: how exactlyis a martian bio suit made? Is it a process similar to the bio ship msting or is it made by martians themselves?
3: are perry white and Marvin white related?
4: what exactly caused Terra to change her costume to her new one in season 4? Was it meant to be a tribute to Brion or markovia? Or it her distancing herself from her brother?
5: Is Dinah Lance identity public knowledge? If it's not how does she protected considering she's running around maskless.
Did the meteorite create the metagene or was the metagene already within Vandal Savage and the meteorite only activated it?
I have a question about Lords of Chaos and their familiars. In "Odnu!" we see the child create her familiar Flaw without much effort yet Klarion takes protecting Teekl very seriously. Is it safe to say that creating another familiar after your first familiar has been destroyed is a very big deal for a Lord of Chaos? Is it even possible?
In the comic series, Injustice: Year Zero, there is an Egyptian Lord of Chaos named Apophis who can possess anyone who wears his amulet and can turn the possessed person into a Lord of Chaos when they wear his helmet. He also seems to be the evil version of Doctor Fate due to the upside-down Ankh symbol on his amulet. What would the chances of eventually seeing a version of this character on Earth-16?
In the end credits scene of "Odnu!," Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy were seen on Earth watching of "Space Trek 3016." The last time the Legion was seen was during the first story arc of the fourth season of Young Justice, and they had not been seen until the end credits scene. The question is if the Legion is hanging around on Earth now, does that mean their mission on Mars was a success or a failure? If it was the latter, then why are they bothering with watching "Space Trek 3016"?
1. Is Black Manta's real name David Hyde?
2. In the comics, the reason for Black Manta's hatred for Aquaman is because David was hired by Dr. Stephen Shin to steal a vial of blood from a young Arthur Curry (so that the doctor could prove Arthur was an Atlantean), however, Arthur's own father Thomas Curry suffered a fatal heart attack in an ensuing struggle while coming to Arthur's defense and died three days later. Seeking revenge for his father, Arthur tracked David back to a boat on the day of Thomas Curry's funeral and murdered Jesse Hyde (David's father), whom Arthur assumed was the man responsible for killing Thomas Curry. Jesse's death at Arthur's hands began a decades-long blood feud between his son and Aquaman. As such, are a version of the circumstances surrounding this blood feud also true on Earth-16?
In the Young Justice animated universe, was the name of Beast Boy's father Mark Logan?
During Vandal Savage's time as Genghis Khan, what were the names of his two meta-human sons who fought alongside him against Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips? Also, what kind of meta-abilities did Vandal Savage's two sons possessed?
On the Voices from the Eyrie podcast, you talked about how Xanatos isn't petty, and something funny occurred to me. You know who can be extremely petty? Goliath. For starters, he does have a thirst for revenge. I remember a discussion once in the CR about the characters' vices, and we decided Demona and Goliath have the same one, that being vengence. The difference is that Goliath usually keeps it under wraps, probably because he's able to admit when he's in the wrong and de-escalate.
However, G's pettiness shows up in other ways, too. In Deadly Force, he looks very smug about blowing up Xanatos's fancy guns. He gets jealous and overly protective of both Elisa and Angela at times. But my favorite is in The Edge, where he shouts at Xanatos for a while and then runs off, but not before smashing his street lamp. I don't know if that moments was intended to be funny, but it makes me bust out laughing every time. What did you think you were accomplishing, Goliath? Just venting, I guess. And then it even gets a follow-up in The Cage where Derek knocks Xanatos's desk lamp over. He can also be quite petty, or maybe it was just his cat DNA compelling him to push things off of tables.
Anyway, just a bit of disjointed praise/analysis. Summary: You can make characters more compelling by giving the heroes some villainous traits and the villains some heroic traits. This show is still teaching me stuff a quarter century later.
In regards to the fate of Vandal Savage's grandson, Arion, as depicted in the flashbacks seen in "Nomed Esir!," was he truly killed when the head from the statue fell towards him, or his fate actually left open for interpretation; considering he was mentioned to be the first of Vandal Savage's immortal descendants?
What was the last straw child mentioned to klarion?
In the TV Horror Series, is Sarahâs husband the killer?
What does Shagon look like under the mask? Older Matt?
Is Ilona Delamb-Markov an original character, based on someone from the comics, or a combination of both?
When was Sphere transported to Earth?
Does Catherine Cobert know about The Team?
Why did J'onn not want to bring M'Gann to the Hall of Justice?
In young justice season 4 episode 4 how was the person that walk out his spear craft to place the bomb that kill conner had ability to breath on mars when he walks to put the bomb in place?
Who is ranked the absolute lowest in terms of importance on your scale? If that's a spoiler, who is the least-important character we're allowed to know about?
did bart know wally was gonna die since he knew about the cave blowing up?
will we get an episode where we have the og team have mission together
Did you "cast" anyone as....
in "Cold Case?"
As of writing this, it's been a couple of days since Nomed Esir aired and I'm am LOVING the current Zatanna arc. Easily my favorite of the Season four arcs so far and we're only two eps in.
I'm just wondering if Vandar's Atlantean alias of "Varl'jat" was supposed to be a reference to something specific or did you guys make it up out of whole cloth.
Anyway, keeping up the good work.
When was Nabu (Marduk's son) born?
What year did Marduk fought Starro?
Considering that Barbara became paralyzed in a different way during the timeskip does that mean that Jason was "killed" in a different way as well?
Greetings, Greg, hope you're doing fine. On The Spectacular Spider-Man, as I have been doing a rewatch recently, I have but one question, related to the choices in design: what inspired essentially the looks of the main characters? Of course, the comics, but what iterations were more important, for example, when deciding how Spidey's suit would look?
What are the first names of the guards at Belle Reve? We've seen their last names on their nametags, but I want to know their first names too.
What happened to Wally's parents in the years after they received the news of his death? Are they still married, or did they get divorced?
Young Justice Season 4 Questions In Regards to The Legion of Super-Heroes And The Time-Traveling Saboteur:
#1. Is Saturn Girlâs full name Imra Ardeen?
#2. Is Phantom Girlâs full name Tinya Wazzo?
#3. Is Chameleon Boyâs full name Reep Daggle?
#4. How old is the as-of yet-unnamed time-traveling saboteur?
Dear Mr. Weisman,
I just wanted to say that I think you are one of the most amazing writers of any comic-inspired animated show. You have gone into so much depth & I'm loving it. You say it's your job to torture us mercilessly and leave us begging for more, may I request more torture then? because I am so addicted to Young Justice. Especially all the backstories that you have put in with Vandal Savage & Klarion. I could watch this show forever!!! Thank you for everything.
Hello again, Iâm back with another question! If Queen Perdita did have a Metagene, and her Metagene was activated, what would you have her Metahuman power be
Young Justice Spin-Off Ideas For Mr. Greg Weisman to Consider If He Ever Decides To Expand The Earth-16 DC Animated Universe:
Legion of Super-Heroes: The question in regards to this team if they get their own spin-off is if their own series should take place in the present or in the future? If the former, the logical thing to do is make the series be a loose adaption of the âLegion Lostâ New 52 storyline (despite the fact it was only 16 issues long). If the latter, I would presume anything goes and anything can happen; given that Greg Weisman has already shown plenty of unique twists in the Young Justice series. Iâve seen the the 2007 version of the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon series, but I honestly think that it would be nice to see Greg Weismanâs interpretation of Earth-16âs 31st century.
Outsiders: Considering this a group of young heroes who prefer to help save the world publicly instead of in the shadows like the Team, I would honestly like to see more adventures with this team. I know this team was introduced in Season 3 of Young Justice, but I think a spin-off series that solely focuses on them would be nice.
Ravagers: Iâll be completely honest here, I donât much about this team from the comics other than the fact that their own short-lived series spun out of the crossover comic book event known as âThe Culling,â and that this team was led by Caitlin Fairchild (whom I recall is a character from the Wildstorm imprint of DC Comics). If this team were to get its own animated spin-off show, obviously its team line-up would be significantly different from the comicsâ version, and I think the story of this team should involve them trying to be heroes while constantly staying out of sight from the villain Harvest and the evil organization known as N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
Task Force Y: My thinking is that there should be an animated spin-off in which Amanda Waller forms a Suicide Squad version of The Team as a direct result of being inspired by Black Mantaâs revelation that the Justice League has a covert ops unit of young heroes (as seen during the Season 3 episode, Leverage). This unit should comprise of the most dangerous and seemingly unrepentant young supervillains in the world. The Y in Task Force Y would stand for youth.
1. How old is Arion?
2. How old is Jason Blood?
3. How old is Phantom Stranger?
4. How old is Khalid Nassour?
5. How old is Marvin Fargo?
Do South Korea and North Korea exist in Earth-16? Or are they replaced by what is now Rhelasia?
What state is Dakota City in?
With M'gann having accused her own brother of killing Superboy, and only to quickly realize that he had nothing to do with it before he ran off via Boom Tube, is it safe to say than M'gann's actions has now truly and completely destroyed whatever was left of their sibling relationship; with no chance of ever fixing it? Will M'gann's brother now fully embraced his supervillain role as a result?
You mention that The Powers That Be prevented a single character from being presented at LGBT+ on the show. I know there's not much you can do from your position, but is there any way that we, the fans, can criticize TPTB for this sort of thing? Like it's almost 2022, this is getting a little ridiculous.
Dear Mr Weisman i have some Young justice questions for you 1.How old is Jason Blood and how long have he and the Phantom Stranger known each other? 2. I noticed some vary familiar looking artifacts in Mr blood's home that he told Mary not to touch. Have he or Etrigan ever traveled to any other universes outside of Earth 16 and the Dc multiverse including a universe where '' One thousand years ago superstition and the sword ruled'' to claim the artifacts ? 3. How long have Zatanna and Etrigan known each other ? 4. Did you consider hiring Dee Bradley Baker for the role of etrigan before hiring David Shaughnessy for the role instead ? P s thank you for giving my alien theory about the driver and kids on that school bus that Zatanna and her students avoided in the previous episode some footing
Hello, Greg, first of all, thank you for giving millions of children, including me, the W.I.T.C.H. television franchise.
It has been more than 15 years since the popularity of this series and now Disney clearly does not know how to win an audience..
1) I have a question, do you happen to know or maybe you've heard something about adding old cartoons to Disney Plus?
I understand that W.I.T.C.H. has been abandoned by everyone for a long time, but I wonder if they are somehow going to add this cartoon to streaming in order to warmly review all 2 seasons and so that others get acquainted with the best cartoon of the 2000s
2) By any chance, you will not return to cooperation with Disney in any way?
I would like to see season 3 of WITCH
While I know you weren't involved in "The Shnookums & Meat Funny Cartoon Show" creatively speaking, you were a development executive at Disney when was being produced, so I figured I could ask to see if you could answer a couple of questions about it.
1. There's a story circulating on the internet (and even immortalized on the TV Tropes page) that the series was meant to just be a Pith Possum/Tex Tinstar series until, when creator Bill Kopp was pitching it to Disney executives, somebody suggested the addition of a cat and dog based on the success of Ren & Stimpy. I have my doubts about this story, though, due to the fact that Shnookums and Meat debuted as a segment on the Marsupilami series, not headlining their own series, not to mention there's an interview with DAF Radio where Bill Kopp implies that he came up with Tex Tinstar when he was asked to make the full series, not when he was pitching it. At any rate, do you remember if that story has any truth to it?
2. From what I've been able to gather from info I've seen, Shnookums and Meat seemed to perform decently enough in the ratings, but Disney never bothered giving it a merchandising push, not to mention there were apparently plans for theme park costumes that were scrapped before it was even on the air. Given what you've said in the past about how Gargoyles suffered from the domino effect caused by Frank Wells' death and Jeffery Katzenberg subsequently leaving for DreamWorks (and taking several high-ranking Disney TV execs with him), do you think the turmoil led to Shnookums and Meat being cancelled, or do you think it was just doomed either way?
In the "Nomed Esir!," Klarion mentioned Earth-17 during his talk with Child. Now, given what is known in the DC Comics Multiverse, is the Earth-17 that was mentioned in this episode happens to be the one that has been completely laid to waste as a result of nuclear war in the year 1963, and that version of Earth is the home of the Atomic Knights of Justice? This question is assuming that the version of Earth-17 is the post-Flashpoint version that was first introduced/mentioned in "The Multiversity Guidebook #1."
I LOVED YJ episode 4x10, nomeD esiR. But I do have one question regarding the flashbacks. If Vandal's son Arion was immortal like his father, how is it that he died by being crushed when Atlantis fell? Shouldn't he have just regenerated like Vandal always does when he is "killed?"
I remember that the school bus in Young Justice was some sort of running gag/joke; you've mentioned this once before in a previous posting. However, in "Nomed Esir!," what the heck was it doing appearing from out of nowhere in space and almost colliding with Baby?!
1. In the Young Justice episode, "Nomed Esir!," there appears to be three "Gargoyles" Easter Eggs in the forms of the Grimorum Arcanorum, the Phoenix Gate, and the Eye of Odin. Interestingly, the latter two items are designed differently than what is seen in the "Gargoyles" carton series; with the Phoenix Gate being mirror-flipped and having a gold background instead of blue, and the Eye of Odin being red instead of blue. Why were these changes made for this episode?
2. For some unknown reason, there is no logline description provided for "Teg Ydaer!" like the rest of the episodes for the Zatanna story arc. What was the logline description for this episode supposed to be?
3. I saw on the Young Justice Wiki for Season 4 that Zatanna's story arc will have one extra episode in comparison to the previous two story arcs (which were four episodes each). If I may ask, what was the decision of doing this, as opposed to making episode 13 being part 1 (of 2) of an interlude chapter for the fourth season?
4. With the title for episode 13 of "Young Justice: Phantoms" revealed, I cannot properly guess the potential meaning of the hidden message for this season. The message thus far is: "Invitation to K". I had hope that the message would be indicated to be a hopeful one, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.
Hi Greg, hope you're doing well.
Regarding the Spectacular Spider-Man, it seems that, before it was cancelled, Season 2 was hinting that George Stacy was aware that Peter was Spider-Man, just like in the comics. Had Sony not had to cancel the show, would this have occurred down the line in Season 3, or a future season?
I did try to find the answer to this question in the archives, but I've either missed it, or it was not answered (I saw someone MADE an assumption that Stacy knew, but I'm just asking).
Hey Greg, greatly enjoying Season 4
It was stated because Martian's are telepathic, news travels pretty quickly across their planet. With that in mind, did the news of Connor's death manage to reach any of M'gann's siblings? And if so, did ANY of them bother to check up on her?
Why did Superman think Captain Marvel was Krptonian?
Who thought of Artemis and Jason Bard?
As a fan of the original Milestone books, I have alot of excitement seeing them in animation after all these years.
1. Was Virgil ever mentored by Holocaust or even knowing each other?
In "Misplaced", how has Wotan escaped incarcetion since "Revelation"?
How did L-Ron have access to the Krolotean database?
Why didn't Despero speak in "Corned?"
By the way, Keith David, the voice of Mongul here, previously voiced Despero in Justice League.
How old was Dan Garrett when he became the first Blue Beetle?
How old was Ted Kord when he became the second Blue Beetle?
Why was Shimmer in a pod next to Lagoon Boy?
What information was in the flash drive that Aqualad gave to Nightwing besides intel needed to track Lagoon Boy?
How old where Jamie and Tye when they met?
How do you feel about DC comics adapting your original characters or your interpretations of minor characters?
For instance, how would you feel if Artemis Crock was made Cheshire's sister on Earth-Prime? Would you take it as a compliment to your choices? Or dislike someone else using your story beats?
You've also made clear that Kaldur'ahm and Jackson Hyde are two different characters to you. Is that because there are too many differences between the two? Or because only the Earth-16 Kaldur will ever be seen the character in your eyes?
My Honest Opinions on What A âGargoylesâ TV Series Reboot Should Do If It Ever Happens on Disney Plus:
The Vikings: There should be both male and female warriors, and they should be visually depicted similarly to the Vikings from various video games since the 2000s onwards; such as (but not limited to) âAssassinâs Creed Valhalla,â âFor Honor,â and âVikings: Wolves of Midgard.â
A Different Gargoyle Leader: The gargoyle who eventually is named Hudson should choose another gargoyle instead of Goliath in the reboot. The gargoyle in question should have a level of strength that rivals or exceeds Goliathâs; while his own age should be somewhere in-between Hudsonâs and Goliathâs respective ages. Personality-wise, this gargoyle would display some level of arrogance in his leadership abilities; prompting Hudson to display continuous regret over choosing him over Goliath; even in the present day. The gargoyle who eventually becomes Demona would believe that Goliath should have been the new leader of the Wyvern clan; prompting her to do something she regrets for the rest of her life.
A Different Reason Why The Human-Gargoyle Alliance Falls Apart: I feel this should involve a simultaneous mysterious assassination of the human leader (Prince Malcolm; Princess Katharineâs father) and the gargoyle leader (who would NOT be Goliath); which should result in both sides making false accusations and assumptions due to the deaths taking place in the same room.
A Different Reason For The Gargoyles Being Permanently Turned To Stone: This would be, in part, due to Goliath being suddenly thrust into the role of leadership due to the unexpected death of his predecessor (the gargoyle whom Hudson chose to replace him as leader); thus showing his inexperience would lead to some kind of disastrous outcome despite a final victory against the Vikings (but would then be shown to improve when he and the surviving Wyvern clan members awaken in the modern era).
A Different Prologue and First Season: It should be a six-episode mini-series prologue taking place entirely in the past; with the first episode beginning with a Star Wars-style opening crawl explaining the alliance between the Gargoyles and the humans, the growing mistrust between the two races in recent years, and how the âGolden Ageâ of the gargoyle race was about to come to and end, and the sixth episode concluding the prologue either with Goliath being the last gargoyle being put into permanent stone sleep per his request to the Magus OR with David Xanatos finding the ruins of Castle Wyvern In the present day. And then, the first season of the reboot should either be 20 or 26 episodes long; assuming the six-episode prologue is regarded as its own separate entity.
A Different Steel Clan: They should sport an amalgamated appearance based their respective appearances from the original cartoon series and the video game (in which they were the bosses in stage four of the game)
David Xanatos: In the beginning, he should openly admit that he does not consider himself a hero or a villain in regards to his own actions; believing in the morally grey area. In regards to the death of his mother during his youth, it should be explained to be as a result of a disease (most likely cancer), and that her death not only prompt his desire to seek immortality, but also causing him to believe that the circumstances of his motherâs death was cruel and unfair, he should openly admit to this to one of the gargoyles at some point (probably Hudson). This would be similar to how Victor Frankenstein felt about his motherâs death in the 1994 film, âMary Shellyâs Frankenstein.â
A Different Odin and the Aesir: My thinking is that the Gargoyles version of Ragnarok should not permanently kill off the Aesir; but instead cause them to be cursed to continuously reincarnate as mortals (after they die the first time during Ragnarok) until they somehow remember their past lives and regain their power once again. However, if Odin ends up being the sole survivor in the reboot, my thinking is that his appearance should be somewhat inspired by King Thor (a possible future version of the Marvel Comics character); with him wielding both Gungnir and Mjolnir simultaneously, and his Eye of Odin being explained as the direct source his power, the Odin-Force; meaning he cannot use his power unlimitedly without the Eye in his possession.
Human Ally For Each Individual Gargoyle: My thinking is that each surviving member of the Wyvern clan should meet and befriend a human in New York City (besides Eliza Maza); forging a special friendship with them; with some of them teaching the gargoyles a specific aspect of modern human culture (like movies and technology, for example). These human companions would be shown to initially know their own respective gargoyle until circumstances causes them to cross paths and learning about their shared secret of the gargoylesâ existence and forming a kind of gargoyles secret-keeping group that usually help the gargoyles out on occasion and reaching out to Eliza Maza (and eventually Matt Bluestone), for help if the situation requires it.
Forming a Relationship with the NYPD: My thinking in the reboot is that there should be a situation in the daughter of Maria Chavez ends up being kidnapped; causing Maria to be desperate and emotionally distraught to do her job, and prompting Eliza to ask the Gargoyles to help. And then, when Maria realizes that the gargoyles were responsible for saving her daughter, there would be Commissioner Gordon/Batman-style friendship in which Maria privately ask for the Gargoylesâs help for the more dangerous cases she believes that the NYPD might not be able to handle.
How Eliza should Handle Derekâs Transformation into Talon Differently: Realistically, she should be in denial in the reboot version of this incident, and when she is asked by her parents and sister about Derek, she would continue to dodge the subject until more forceful prompting cause her to break down and claim that Derek is dead and that Xanatos killed Derek; which would be her way of lying to herself.
The Gargoyle clones: Sevarius should handle them in the same way Lex Luthor handles Superboy in the first season of Young Justice; by giving command codes to temporarily shut them down when needed. Also, Bronx should have his own clone; which did not happen in the original cartoon series.
1 Why did you choose ocean master as a member of the light?
2 Since Artemis said that acquiring the justice leagueâs Intel has been a goal that the light has been after for a long time why didnât vandal savage steal the data when he had the entire justice league under his control
What is Arsenalâs relationship with Lian like
Were Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher married when their daughter was born?
Isnât mâcomm like the biological equivelant of 18? Since he is so young how is he the leader of the white martian resistance? Arenât there any older white martianâs with more experience in the resistance?
Does anyone live on the Watchtower?
What month in 2016 was Wally west's funerial happen? What month in 2017 did Garfield's stepdad take Garfield from Miss Martian? How did Queen Perdita find out Wally West was dead?
A few more questions:
1) Are Tim and Cassie still together, or did Tim's secrecy about his involvement with the Anti-Light end things between them?
2) The little bug surveillance drones that started being used by characters in season three, are those based on the Snoopies made by Ted Kord in the comics? Did Ted Kord in the YJ universe create them before he died?
3) Since he's well, dead, we obviously won't be hearing Ted Kord speak in any future episode. But if there were a future episode featuring a flashback where he does speak, who could you personally see playing him?
What is halo exactly? A motherbox in gabrielle body or a new entity created from both the motherbox and gabrielle?
I find the way you've responded to criticism for seasons 2 and 3 really off-putting. Whenever people say they didn't like the 5 year time-skip, or that they don't like how only a few characters get focus, or that they miss the season 1 style storytelling, etc. your response is almost always something like "it's my show I'll do whatever I want and I don't care what you guys want" and I've even seen you imply that fans are entitled for getting upset that their favorite characters don't get screentime. A writer doesn't create content just for themselves, you create content that is meant to be consumed by others. And you have one of the most dedicated fanbases in history who performed a miracle resurrecting this show. We're allowed to have opinions. Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that you took a big risk after season 1 and understand why not everyone is happy with the direction you went in?
1: Is madame Xanadu the Arthurian nimue?
2: If Xanadu is nimue, how is she alive today? Reincarnation or immortality?
3: Considering you did your own takes on arthurian legends in gargoyles, will that those interpretations influence Xanadu and maybe other dc characters tied to arthurian legends?
4: Was Xanadu's accent authentic or was it always just something she played up while fortune telling?
5: When did Xanadu start using real magic in the present day?
1: Has Lois won a pulitzer in universe?
2: How proud of you about the continued success of Kaldur'ahm? DC's Aquaman: The Becoming shows that he's become a mainstay of the DC universe
At this point, is there anyone on Earth-16 who *isn't* descended from Vandal Savage? At this point, he's worse than Geng--uh...Nick Cannon.
I donât believe this first question constitutes a spoiler, though the second might.
1) Youâve stated that the chairman/chairwoman of the Justice League is elected by a majority of the League. 1a)Does a chairman serve a term? 1b)if so, how long is the term? 1c)Or do they serve until such time as they resign/the League prefers new leadership?
2) Vandal Savageâs view of encouraging the evolution of the human race can be morally ambiguous, with him acting for the betterment of humanity often at the expense of individuals and smaller groups. This seems to have placed him as both a hero and as a villain at various points in history. Do you think his quest to advance the human race would have allied him with the Allies or the Axis powers in WWII?
To clarify, Iâm not stating that Nazi Germanyâs genocides would have improved the human race, however, from where I sit, I can see Savage either ignoring the plight of a minority race to strengthen the rest, or opposing the extermination of a race because of the potential that may be lost among their dead. With these two conflicting potentials in a morally horrible decision, I was hoping you might offer clarity into Savageâs character, but I understand if that clarity would cause a spoiler reveal.
Did you hold auditions during the pandemic? If so, how did that work?
Forgot to ask: how did you cast Logan Browning?
Why did you suddenly start indicating Khuiten Peak as the Light's HQ while up until then it was simply "Western Mongolia"?
Also, what's the story behind that HQ's location? How long has it been Vandal's HQ? Who built it?
This season has some great new voice actors!
Can you tell us how you cast Carl Lumbly, Usman Ally, Erika Ishii, D.B. Woodside?
The first shot of the phantom stranger we see focuses on his necklace. Does the earth 16 Stranger share a similar origin to the new 52 phantom stranger or is his presence closer to that of the 80s comics stranger that had no confirmed origin but several stories ?
1. Does the Phantom Stranger use a host like Doctor Fate and The Spectre?
2. Do Steve Trevor and Etta Candy exist on Earth-16?
3. Are Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor dating on Earth-16?
How did Queen Bee react when she learns that the boy Garfield whose mother Marie was killed by Queen Bee was dating Queen Perdita?
Question 1 is Why was beast boy allowed go on stealth missions after Garfield begin dating Queen Perdita before Garfield was taken away from Miss Martian by his stepdad? Question 2 Why did Geo-force not point out his people of his country know he has powers and because of that not letting Garfield on most stealth missions but letting Geo-force going in stealth missions is hypocritic than to say after Miss Martian said to Garfield that he could not go on most stealth missions because his power was known to the public when Garfield arrives at the Watchtower to rejoin the team in young justice outsiders episode 14 Influence?
Is Bonnie King related to Arthur King (Merlyn)? Or do they simply share the same last name?
Why did orphan bow to raâs al ghul?
1 Why did the remaining villagers of Atlantis not try to escape while klarion was busy killing savage for 300 days and how did they survive that long?
2 I know klarion as a lord of chaos has excited since the dawn of the universe, but how old would you say his child form pysically is?
3 How pysically old is childâs new human form?
4 Zviad mentioned in âodnuâ that he used a psychic nudge passed down from king brion to his people to convince them to activate their meta gene for markovia. Does this mean that people who are effected by zviadâs meta ability can spread the effect to others?
5 Did teekl actually attempt to explain to the light what was happening in âodnuâ
Hello Greg! How are you doing? I'm Deon from Kenya and a big fan of your show Young Justice. I've been watching it since i was 8 during the Cartoon Network days and 11 years later I'm still watching it (grateful for season 4). During the lockdown last year (2020) I would rewatch the series,read the comics and browse through here and the wiki to a point where i can call myself an expert on this show (that and also the fact that i think that I'm the only African fan of YJ)
So here's my question(s):
1. Could you please share your notes on the Watchtower's layout, the league members who live there and who does the maintenance?
2. As of Phantoms, how hold is Tim, Wondergirl and Beast Boy?
3. What basis did you guys use when designing wondergirl's original suit as well as her new one in sn4?
4. Apart from the renewal of sn5, is there anything the fandom could do to get new companion-comics that fill in the blank spaces here and there?
5. How does the Justice League work as an independent organisation. Like where do they get finances and stuff like that?
6. Lastly, i would like to know why Tim left the Team and joined the Outsiders?
That's it for me. I would like to say thanks to you, Brandon and the rest of the team responsible for this beautiful show. Its been a really big part of this teenager's life, thanks a lot and have a nice day.
Questions in regards to the Young Justice version of Stargirl:
#1. Is her real name Courtney Whitmore?
#2. Was Stargirl's Cosmic Staff invented by Ted Knight?
#3. When did Stargirl decide to become a superhero?
#4. How old is Stargirl?
#5. Does Stargirl's family currently consists of Pat Dugan (her step-father), Sam Kurtis (her biological father), Barbara Whitmore, (her mother), Mike Dugan (her step-brother), and Patricia Dugan (her half-sister)?
What was Derek's reaction to Elisa's relationship with Goliath?
In the Gargoyles universe, what is the name of Maria Chavez's daughter?
Hello, Mr. Weisman! Long time fan of your work, first time asking a question. Well, actually I'm asking two.
1) When trying to gain Artemis's trust, Cassandra lied about losing her arm when attempting to recruit Killer Croc. Is there a possibility Croc might physically appear in the future? (He's one of my favorite Batman baddies)
2) Voice actor Jim Cummings has appeared in both Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man, not counting those roles, what are some of your favorite characters played by him?
Hi Greg, continuing on with confirmation of the spells from Odnu, last one for this episode, so hopefully these haven't been too much trouble. I love working out the translations, and have had fun with these ones. Season 3 there was a lot of over ambient music that drowned out the words a bit too much, glad that the team has course corrected that.
1. What was Zatanna's incantation for the spell that redirected Klarion's eye beams back at him via portals?
2. What was Khalid's incantation for putting Teekl to sleep?
3. What was Traci's incantation for separating the wall so that Khalid could safely go through?
4. What was the fragment of the incantation that Zatanna appeared to be trying to use to reform Klarion before she was cut off?
That's all the incantations for this episode, a truly great start to the arc with plenty of magic introduced and explored. Thankyou!
How many people have piloted the Bio-Ship?
Hi Greg, just continuing on with more confirmations for the incantations from Odnu, this batch features the questions nearby the Xanadu scene. Love seeing and will have more questions after the arc's complete about her. Absolutely love her "ahem" gag for wads of cash. Her and Zee's chemistry was delightful.
1. What was the incantation to put the Trogowogs back under the earth?
2. What was Zatanna's incantation to cause the carousel rides to fly?
3. What was Zatanna's incantation to put money on the table?
4. What was Madame Xanadu's incantation for the portal to the jewellery store?
5. What was Zatanna's incantation for the Shield spell?
There was also the Ankh spell in this segment of the episode, but it felt safe to take the previous incantation from S3 after translating a few of the words to be the same.
What was Dick doing during "The Prize?"
Hi Greg, imagine you won't get this for a while and we may have cracked the code in the months to come with plenty of binging and analysing to support the show, so more of a confirmation.
1. What was the incantation for Zatanna's spell to release the Trogawogs from under the land ?
2. What was Khalid's incantation to bend the tree to flick a Trogawog (we're thinking its in Latin or some dialect therein)?
3. What was Traci's incantation to bend the traffic lines to flick a Trogawog into the air?
4. What was Khalid's incantation to inflate a Trogawog?
5. What was Zatanna's incantation to Put the Trogawog boxes back into one?
I'll ask the rest in followup questions to maintain the rules, I did have one other thing to say about this segment of the episode though. Absolutely loving everything so far, I recognised Mary Bromfield using leylines and when Zatanna confirmed that I was so excited. Leylines are one of my favourite manifestations of magical ability so its a delight to see it manifest in the show.
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How old is Khalid Nassour and how long has he been mentored by Zatanna? 2. I didn't think much of the bus gag in ''odnu'' at first but Khalid does bring up a good point! What would a school bus (from metropolis no less) be doing with kids that young in New York city in the middle of the night? 3. Specking of the bus the driver and kids on it looked a lot like the ones that Superman and Super boy helped in ''Schooled'' so is it just a coincidence or are the driver and kids secretly Genomorphs or some type of ailens who can shapeshift like martians? 4 How old is Child ? (the new lord of chaos that not some random kid)
Why did Queen Perdita not call Garfield after she found out conner was dead and Garfield was not seen on outsider missions after conner die?
If we get more seasons and more time skips, is the show going to keep following the OGs or shift focus to the next generation? It's tough because we're invested in the core cast and they anchor the show. The cast is also so big now so none of the other characters will get the same time of character development that the season 1 cast did. But I personally got into Young Justice to watch the younger heroes and I have lost a bit of interest as they've become adults.
What is the significance of 16? I mean, I know it's earth 16 and that the number showing up all over the place is either unimportant or yet to be explained, but is there a specific reason you and your group picked it specifically instead of making the show take place on earth 15 or 24 or any other number that you could have repeated all over the place?
When did Eric Needham become Black Spider?
When did Leonard Snart become Captain Cold?
When did George Harkness become Captain Boomerang?
When did Albert Michaels become Atomic Skull?
When did Teth-Adam become Black Adam?
Is it just a crazy coincidence that your version of Phantom Stranger is so similar to Uatu The Watcher from What If? on Disney+?
In "Quiet Conversations," is the fact that Calvin Durham was born in San Diego a reference to the fact that in the comics, he became mayor of Sub Diego?
With the Season 3 episode "Evolution," and the Season 4 episode, "Odnu!" showing us Vandal Savage's past, it seems almost as though he practically knows everybody on Earth and he's probably the direct ancestor of most (if not all) of Earth's heroes and villains in your version of the DC Universe; at least, that how it seems in my opinion.
1. Is Martha Kent's maiden name Martha Clark, like in the comics?
2. Did Lois Lane keep her maiden name after marrying Clark, or is she known as Lois Lane-Kent? Given the credits, the former seems likely, but confirmation would be wonderful.
3. Did Clark Kent attend Metropolis University? If so, did he major or minor in English and/or Journalism?
4. Considering Clark, Lois, and Jonny were in Smallville, and Jonny mentioned how Uncle Conner and Wolf would always meet them there, is it safe to assume there is at least one zeta-tube in or nearby Smallville? Is this how Robin, Arsenal, Blue Beetle, and Impulse got to Smallville (to infiltrate LexCorp Farms) back in Season Two, or did they use the Bio-Ship?
5. Do Clark, Lois, and Jonny reside in Metropolis?
Can you please post the spells from episode 409?
Since the word "Marvel" can no longer be used in Earth-16, and Captain Marvel is now identified as Shazam, does that mean...
A. The Marvel Family is now addressed as the Shazam Family like in the New 52?
B. Lieutenant Marvel (Freddy Freeman) is now addressed as Shazam, Jr. like in the New 52?
C. Sergeant Marvel (Mary Bromfield) is now addressed as Lady Shazam like in the New 52?
In "Odnu!" we see the Earth-16 debut of the Phantom Stranger. Now, despite the ethnicity change (from Caucasian to African-American), is his real name identified as Judas Iscariot; like his New 52 counterpart (as indicated in "Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger: Futures End #1")?
1) Why was Klarion wearing a suit (his trademark look) during his first encounter with Vandal Savage, when that fashion style had yet to be invented? Do the Lords of Chaos emulate styles from the past, present and future, since they themselves are "ageless" beings? If so, how is this possible? I hope there's a deeper explanation for this than "it's magic, anything goes"... but it isn't a big deal.
2) Klarion and Child wear suits (or at least, smart/formal clothing). Likewise, so does Phantom Stranger. Is this just a coincidence or is it significant in some way that they all select smart attire?
I doubt that clothing will be discussed in any depth in the next few episodes, so I feel that it's safe to submit these questions.
Does Zatanna watch Lacey Chabert Hallmark movies?
Hi Greg, Iâm loving season 4! Thank you, Brandon, and all of your crew for all the hard work. A few questions,
1. Who all is living in the premiere building in season 4? Weâve seen Beast Boy is there but did all the Taos meta kids move in when they joined the outsiders/team?
2. What team year did Batgirl join the team?
3. What team year did Bumblebee join the team?
4. What team year did Lagoon Boy join the team?
Forgive me if this sounds too insensitive or anything, but with the way that Beast Boy's storyline is being handled thus far in Season 4 of Young Justice, are you ultimately trying to deliver some kind of message to viewers about the importance of suicide prevention? The reason I am asking about this sensitive topic is because given that Beast Boy's depression has now been shown (as of the time of this posting) in "Odnu!" to have progressed to a point where he is now suffering from lack of sleep and needs medication to help him deal with it, I'm deeply worried that his depression may eventually drive him to the point of attempting to commit suicide because he can't deal with the culmination of the personal losses that have occurred throughout his life; with the apparent loss of Superboy apparently being the final straw for Beast Boy. To be fair though, if this is your intent, then I can understand because I have never seen a cartoon TV series that has ever publicly addressed this specific issue; as such, I suspect this is going to be a first if my suspicion about what might happen to Beast Boy turns out to be true. I do, however, remember watching a Static Shock episode years ago that addressed the issue of guns, and that was a pretty dark episode.
You know, watching Vandal sire an entire lineage throughout the centuries, I can't help but think about Demona during her 1000 years of life and wonder why she did not try the same approach to 'repopulate' the gargoyle race herself. Ironically, that might work out quite well for Demona in more ways than one since she become the 'mother' of her whole race. I know gargoyles were sparse throughout the years, and I can't remember if Demona even knew about any of the surviving clans. And of course, given her current predicament, I don't see her having kids to be a option, unless she wants to run the risk of giving birth as a human.
Still, it does seem like it would have been at least a potentially useful idea if she ever encounter another gargoyle over the course of her long life to maybe at least 'try' and procreate. Of course I understand, gargoyles are monogamous by nature, but then again, I wouldn't nesscessarily put anything past Demona
Assuming she ever met another gargoyle in the last 1000 years, would she have ever even considered having another egg? Personally, if I had to guess, I would say she would not try, and the reason being there is big difference between her and Vandal; she would have to carry the child to term. And if Demona has one constant, it's her own self-preservation. Still, it's an interesting parallel to ponder.
The episode "Odnu!" identified Vandal Savage's real name as Vandar Adg. Just for clarification, is this his birth name or is this name something that he came up for himself at some point in his life?
At the risk of potentially pissing you off (which I apologize now in advance), I am going to predict how the rest of Season 4 of Young Justice will likely happen because I suspect that the ability to ask any questions to you will likely be temporarily disabled after episode 13 of the season.
Prediction #1: Episodes 13 and 14 will most likely act as a two-part interlude; with Episode 13 likely leaving us on a "WTF?!" cliffhanger type of ending, and Episode 14 picking up right afterwards from that cliffhanger to provide some (if not all) answers to any mysteries presented thus far by that point in the season.
Prediction #2: By the second half of the season, the only characters who still have story arcs would be Nightwing, Aquaman, and Rocket. However, I suspect that each story arc will be 3 episodes each per character instead of 4.
Prediction #3: The final 3 episodes will likely act as the conclusion of Season 4 that will resolve any unanswered mysteries and hopefully provide a good ending; depending on the complete message spelled out from the first letter of each episode title of the season.
Dear Mr weisman before i ask my questions i want to apologize for the spelling error as i meant to say Vandal Savage and the phantom stranger but hit a v instead of an s by mistake now for the questions 1 . How long as Zatanna been mentoring Mary Bromfield ? 2. How old is the Phantom stranger ? 3.I like the cute lizard that Traci has how long has she had him? 4 .Does Mary Bromfield wear a baseball cap (like Traci does) or a newsgirl cap ( like Gabi Gabriell does) when not in costume?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How long have Zatanna and Madame Xanadu known each outer? 2. Has Madame Xanadu seen the movie Xanadu and how does she feel about it ?( especially the title being the same name as her last name) 3. When did Blue devil take up the role of "'Den Dad'' to the outsiders ? 4. how long have Vandal Vavage and the Phantom stranger known each outer ?
1) Is season 4 Shazam as strong and as fast as season 1 Captain Marvel?
2) Is there a limit to the amount of kinetic energy Rocket's force-field can absorb? Is there a point beyond whic the force field will just break?
If Madame Xanadu is a true medium then she can communicate with the dead, right? If that's the case, why didn't Zatanna just bring Artemis to Xanadu so that Artemis could speak to Wally's spirit during "Overwhelmed"?
I was wondering about Arsenalâs amputation. Is his arm amputated below the elbow?
How does Jason Bard come to lose his leg?
Is Helga Jace aware that zviad is a member of the light?
"Odnu!" was amazing!
1) How old is Mary Bromfield?
2) How old is Khalid Nassour?
3) Mary mentions that she gave up (or "had to" give up) being Sergeant Marvel -- but we know that she would have appeared as Sergeant in "Satisfaction" (per your remark some time ago that she would have said "Shazam!" in this scene). Did Mary therefore give up being Sergeant Marvel after Raquel's bridal shower, rather than before that event?
4) Now that Mary has appeared, would you be able to reveal the in-universe reason for her absence in "Satisfaction", please?
5) Silly long-shot question: how old is the Phantom Stranger?
hey Greg i just want to ask about something i've been wondering about for a while did dick reveal his identity to Artemis and show her the picture he took if so how did she react and will we ever see her reaction in a flashback or future episodes???
mister Greg why did you have Garfield join the Doom Patrol if you just kill them?
is supermartian your favorite couple? it feels like they're the mainstream couple and I'm absolutely in love with that
So Night Wing and Kaldur are getting an arc based on the intro, Jason Todd was also seen again. Is it safe to expect an interaction between Night Wing and Jason Todd?
Youâve mentioned a few times that the pandemic likely hit Earth-16 in 2021 instead of 2020. Can we infer from that that the virus in the Young Justice universe is called COVID-20 instead of COVID-19?
Why has Beast Boy not meet Jonny Kent before Conner's death on mars ? Why can Jonny Kent fly but Conner can not fly in young justice season 4 ?
Not really a question, but I rewatched the entire show recently and season 1 is really just something special. It's so rare to see something in DC media that's character focused and optimistic. It still has its dark moments, but the characters are there to pick each other up. And I think it's the only show that accurately shows the relationships between the mentors and the proteges; most either focus on the older heroes or the younger ones with minimal interaction. I still love the show, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the earlier vibe.
when creating halo, did no one stop to think that killing gabrielle and having a motherbox use her corpse was a bad idea for your first (and only) female muslim hero? i know your response before was that it was taken from the comics, but now with oracle's origin we can clearly see you guys aren't afraid to change things. so you could've easily changed it to have gabrielle resurrected with the powers of a motherbox instead.
and i feel like you still don't see the issue here, which is that violet is not a muslim woman of color, so you don't get credit for "turning a woman of color from a victim to hero" as you've said. you killed a woman of color and possessed her corpse. i'm sorry but i just can't get over how no one saw a problem with that.
Hi Greg! Here are some rather odd-ball questions that you may or may not have thought about regarding the worldbuilding/characterization in YJ, that I hope you'll have fun answering/pondering about.
#1 - Do Martians (in their natural form) have tear ducts? We've seen Miss Martian cry in her more humanoid-looking Martian appearance, but I don't believe we've ever seen Martians (like J'emm, for example) shed tears.
#2 - Do you interpret the main colors of hero's costumes to symbolize that character's favorite color? For example, do you think Dick's favorite color is blue, given that's the color of his Nightwing insignia? Artemis' green/orange? Barry's red? Batman's black? Etc. etc.?
#3 - I know you're big on tracking dates and times and all that jazz, but are you a stickler for checking such things as the moon cycle, days of the week, differing sunsets/sunrises, etc. etc. when coming up with dates? For example, say you had a scene take place right after midnight on August 16 (of whatever year), would you go and check what stage the moon would be that night? What day of the week that landed on? Etc. etc.
#4 - In the recent episodes of Artemis' arc, it was revealed that Onyx was the granddaughter of Will Everett, a.k.a. the Amazing Man, who Cheshire (and later Artemis) seemed to be unaware of. It was evident that the League of Shadows knew about him (it was why they kept an eye on her in the first place), but given that everyone else hadn't heard of him, is it safe to say that the history of superheroes just isn't a basic subject in school? Do kids not learn about the Justice Society of America or the All-Star Squadron when learning about World War II? (I realize that Amazing Man might not have been a member of either superhero group, but given Onyx's reaction to him not being known it seemed to imply he was at least a public hero and not a covert one).
#5 - Is Bart legally known as Bart Allen or Bart Garrick on his documentation? I know his guardians were the Garricks, but was he posing as their grandson? An orphan taken in by them? A relative of Barry and Iris? This might constitute a spoiler, but I thought I'd ask anyway. The situation kind of reminds me of how Artemis officially handled her "death" back in S2 from a legal standpoint once she came back from undercover, if that makes sense.
Anyways, thank you for your time. I hope you had some fun (or at least some food for thought?) answering these, and I sincerely hope you're having a great day. I'm still binging YJ:Phantoms and crossing my fingers for S5 every day!
Is Henchy an original character, based on someone from the comics, or both?
Have you ever thought of doing a motion comic where the actors read the whole comic?
Dear Mr Weisman i have some young justice questions for you 1. When did the yellow Martian order originate ? 2. Are any of Prince J'axx's siblings members of the yellow order ? 3. Does the '' All magic requires energy'' concept apply with Martian magic like magic users on Earth ? 4. After Jade's rehab on infinity island is done will she and Artemis get new identities for themselves like will has and will both sisters start wearing glasses as well ?( ie glasses like Oracle has not shades like night wing and robin uesed to wear although Artemis did were shades in season 3 once
Why did Steven let Garfield and Perdita continue to date after Garfield start living his stepdad, Steven?
where does Arsenalâs katana go after they leave the library? Heâs not shown to carry it afterwards
A. Does Will Harper know Moo Gi Gong? What martial arts does he practice?
B. Does Will train regularly with the other Star City vigilantes?
How did Steve Dayton find out were Beast Boy and Miss Martian living at so he takes Beast Boy from Miss Martian?
Why Superboy has the side effect of physically not age being a clone but Will and Jim both ages? I don't think that's because he is half kryptonian since Clark can age
What happen to Garfield's pet monkey after Marie logan was kill by Queen bee?
Artemis Arc ends and i feel thats the time to me do some questions
1- In Marzz Arc we see a flashback with Tim Drake with the outsiders, is that right, a Batfamily member being a public hero?
2- Also Tim's uniform changed a lot since Season3, the same season that introduced Barbara as Oracle and Spoiler and Orphan already on the team. The questions are:
2a- Tim is Robin or Red Robin currently?
2b- If the last Stephanie was a Robin before being Spoiler?
2c- She and Cassandra were Batgirl at some moment or they started already as Spoiler and Orphan?
2d- Which year these two joined the team?
3- I really love how different the show decided adapt The Killing Joke event. Barbara's accident and Jason's death are two events the audience already saw so many times that it started being previsible but the show was in a totally original route, thank you. That's bring the question, when (Team Year) The Killing Joke event happened in YJ?
4- Artemis Arc was full or photos portraits and two of them intrigued me. When and where Will and Jade took that photo with Lian and most importantly when Will took that photo with the Team 0? Rocket joined in the end of Season1 and is in the picture and after Season1 Will was desesperate looking years for Roy, also Megan is too young there then sure that is before Season2. When Will found time to take that picture?
After Beast Boy learn Superman was Clark Kent why was he never invited to visit the KENT FARM home?
How old the Flying Graysons when they were murdered?
Would you say Vandal Savage has some respect for his old foes The Justice Society of America particularly Alan Scott The Green Lantern?
I think YJâs portrayal of Virgil Hawkins AKA Static has been pretty good so far. I also enjoy how there are many milestone comics characters that were in the environment of the show, as a black comic fan and a huge Dwayne McDuffie fan, itâs nice to see their existence not get ignoredâ¦ I was just wondering- is there anyway weâll see a little more in terms of a story line for Static? Iâd love to see him do more. In addition, seeing as S4 is dealing with the Bat-Family and itâs extended members, I am wondering if folks like Duke Thomas or Luke Fox could ever be introduced
The line that Artemis quotes in the end of "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings" is not by Maya Angelou; it's by Zora Neale Hurston. How would you make that rookie mistake?
1)How is Lady Shiva able to survive a full sword strike through her body, and even more, able to stand up with just a bandage around her chest ?
2)How is Orphan able to defeat Shiva ("the most dangerous woman alive") while she can't even beat Black Spider during the last episode ? That feels unrealistic (even for a show with superheros ^^).
3) I know that's a bit old, but you said that Zatanna and Zatara cannot compete with chaos lords, so how is Zatara able to take them all down in season one (children/adults episode) ?
4) Dick feels to be the YJ emblem (B-01), but strangely he also feels to be a side character many times, don't you think he's sadly underused in your show ? I want to see more of him please :)
Not to shove some of my ideas down you throat, but I've thought of these as potential members of the team: Tim Hunter, Black Alice, Bunker, Prosthetic Lass, Kid Devil, Elongated Lass, and Danny The Street. Keep up the fantastic work!
Decided to re-watch W.I.T.C.H this week. Really loved the work you guys did on the show for Season 2. Not to disparage the people who worked hard on Season 1 as well, but the show really becomes something special in the second season
1. When Nerissa became corrupted, the Oracle took the Heart of Kandrakar from her and gave it to Cassidy. But the general rule is that a Heart must be given willingly. So how could the Oracle take the heart from Nerissa if she wasn't willing, which I very much must assume she wasn't.
2. Did Nerissa plan to have a child with Julian? Did she intentionally seduce him in order to conceive Caleb? Or was his birth accidental and something she didn't plan on? When speaking to Caleb, she makes it sound as though she wanted to have a child, so that Caleb could 'lead' the rebellion to victory against Phobos, though reading between the lines, that just sounds more like Nerissa trying to take credit for an obviously coincidental success after the fact in order to validate her actions, which certainly fits with her character. So, why did she initially have Caleb?
3. When did C.H.Y.K.N retire from their Guardian duty? Was it after Kadma left the group to live on Zambala? Also, who had the Heart of Kandrakar following Cassidyâs death?
4. You said before that Irma was gay but that she tries to "fight to be straight" by going after guys that are inherently unattainable, which sounds as though she was not yet fully accepting of her sexuality. Does mean the rest of W.I.T.C.H were unaware of her sexuality by the end of Season 2?
5. I really love the episode titles going as letters of the alphabet. It's really clever especially when you have exactly 26 episodes to work from. Whose idea was this originally? Would you have been inclined to do it again for Season 3?
Why did Queen Perdita choose to date Garfield Logan if she did not see him as a possible future husband?
Regarding Cassandra's infiltration, I have some questions:
1. Why was she seen already using the Glamour Charm in the flashback fighting Onyx and later discussing with Lady Shiva about Onyx if the charm was part of the plan they concocted AFTER exchanging their concerns about Onyx? Why was Cassandra using it way before?
2. If they had to get the infiltrators back to Santa Prisca ASAP, why didn't Shade just teleport her along with the Lady Shiva and the others? If they didn't want a mole on the Team and had both things they were after - Orphan and the JL intel - why tell Tigress to bring Cassandra to Santa Prisca when they could have both things right there and then?
Are you using the episode titles to spell out something in season 4 of young justice similar to what you did in season 3, because i believe it spells out invitation. I'd love to hear back about it.
Hello! I hope you're having a good day, I just wanted to stop by and ask some questions about the relationships (specifically, the married couples) in Young Justice.
1. You've been asked this before, but at the time you said that you never got around to calculating the date. I figure there's a chance you've done the math since then, so: what year did Orin and Mere get married?
2. What year did Clark and Lois get married?
3. What year did Jonathan and Martha Kent get married?
4a. What year did Jefferson Pierce and Lynn Stewart get married?
4b. What year did the two of them get divorced?
5. Given that Raquel had a bridal shower, it can be assumed she indeed got married not long after. Not asking for spoilers or a specific date or anything, but did you guys have the actual wedding date in-mind or just a vague timeframe?
I figure these are generally safe questions to ask, given that you've previously answered a similar question about when Iris and Barry got married. If not, though, I do apologize for wasting your time. I hope all is well, and given the nature of these questions, I hope your wife is having a nice day too! Enjoy!
I know you've discussed this a lot, so no offense will be taken if you skip this question, but in terms of the character that is gay but tptb won't allow to be, how did you come to that conclusion?
Did you know before you even started writing the character? Or was it something that clicked after the character was on the page? Was there a specific scene or moment? Or was it just a desire for representation?
Also, getting LGBT representation right is hard. And there's a lot of traps people can fall into, even among those in the community. Just wanted to say I think you've gotten a lot right and appreciate that you've always tried to do right by the community, despite the limitations that have been placed on you in the past and the one that still is.
Fingers crossed that last one is lifted soon though! Know you're trying your best and that's all we can ask for!
Do you ever regret making your universe so full of specifics and details? You certainly inspired fans who want to know literally everything about Earth-16 and its characters. I'm one of those people, mind you, but are you ever just like: Why on earth is this person asking me this question?
Be as chalant as you like.
Mister Greg why the boy Garfield Logan not in I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings? Why Nightwing not come console Garfeld? Why the boy Garfield Logan not in every episode of Young Justice?
In Phantoms, you have thus far been more conservative with depictions of sex, language, and violence & gore. This is not a criticism - just an observation. Is this a deliberate decision on your part, or has the shift from DC Universe to HBO Max imposed more limitations upon your subject matter? Or, is it a combination of the two?
If Bronx had been cloned, what would the name of his clone counterpart be and how would the clone's appearance have differed in comparison to Bronx?
Why did the person that kill Superboy in young justice season 4 episode 4 not choose to destroy bioship baby when it was caring m'gann and her uncle and sister back to earth after Conner died?
1. We have a pretty good idea of what Joker thinks of Riddler, but what does Riddler think of Joker?
2. Is it weird that I'm curious how Lex Luthor might be taking the news of Conner's apparent demise, assuming he knows?
3. Does Vandal Savage have an actual middle name?
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. This quote is not from my I Know Why a Caged Bird Sings but rather from Dust Tracks on a Road
Book by Zora Neale Hurston, so why was this quote used or should I just chalk it down to a goof by Artemis Crock Comparative Literature Teacher.
Greg I have a very important question to ask you : are you gonna stop introducing wokeism in YJ ? Because I'm sad to see my favorite show wasted more and more by this silly ideology, like the James Bond movies and so much other legendary shows and movies are currently becoming stupid... I mean, yeah, tolerance is important, that's right, but unlimited tolerance is as bad as no tolerance. Today some people consider themselves as pigs or dogs and not humans anymore... Do you think that's something to support ? Non binary persons and all those things... a progress ? Come on ! Now, luckily, the vast majority of the population understand that's ridiculous, but sadly, the small minority that spreads the "woke ideology" are mainly directors and producers, and other powerful people that control shows and movies today.
So what do you think of woke ideology and please please please don't ruin that wonderful show with those nonsense.
I beg you... Think about the kids who watch this show and will lose their common sense. This isn't about progress.
Thanks to have read anyway !
1. Are the prosthetics that Cyborg has made of materials from the Reach device that exploded next to him? I ask because he told Beast Boy that Blue Beatle helped him discover a weapon in his are and Blue Beatles armor is all nanotech.
2. Does this mean that the Fatherbox that made those prosthetics repurposed the material from the Reach device to make those prosthetics?
3. So Cyborg is Apokoliptian tech, possible made of Reach material depending on how you answered the first two questions, with Mobius tech software? I am asking is his Operating System Mobius tech since the Fatherbox soul is gone or did the Chair change the hardware somehow?
Howdy Greg! Hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving (though at the rate the queue's been filling up lately, you probably won't see this question until 2022, LOL).
I'd like to take a brief break from the flood of YJ questions (with a smattering of Gargoyles and Spidey) to poke your brain as a scholar of the Bard. I know you've stated in the past, most particularly in this post, that you find it impossible to select a single favorite Shakespeare play:
However, I'm curious if you happen to have a LEAST favorite play, or at least ones that excite your senses less than others.
For me, while my scholarship and experience is nowhere near as vast as yours (I've read most, but only seen a couple live...not a lot of Shakespeare festivals in Hawaii, unfortunately), if pressed I would have to say I have difficulty finding much value in TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA.
There's little in it that isn't done better in later, stronger comedies, and Proteus lacks the nuance or poeticism of his other villainous figures, even ones intentionally designed to be odious like Iago or cast as such for political (Macbeth) or cultural (Shylock) reasons.
(Made all the more baffling by the fact that he gets a suitably protagonist-y happy ending, with the woman he cheated on and tried to rape five minutes prior no less.)
Just curious if there's something you feel I'm missing, taking in this play solely from the page. While there are obviously some plays that get my mind whirring more than others, TWO GENTLEMAN is the only one I ever came away from outright disliking.
Well, interested in whatever thoughts you're willing to offer. All the best, Greg!
(YJ: Phantoms to kick ass every week, BTW!)
Mister Greg why was decided Garfield logan and Queen Perdita would meet and date if it was plan they would breakup insist of Garfield and Perdita getting married in the end?
Hi! Iâve been watching Young Justice since 2014 and have been a big fan for years I have a couple of questions, which I hope arenât spoilers bc I donât want to ask for any.
1. How did Will choose his name?
2. Why is it that in season 1 when Kid Flash, Robin and Kalder were captured by Cadmus that they were going to clone them and delete or kill the source but after they cloned Roy they kept him alive. They said that the reason they amputated his (Roy) arm was to have an endless supply so why did they want to keep him but not the other three?
3. Do you have a favorite or rather one you are most proud of out of all the character archâs through out the seasons?
3a. If so whoâs is it?
3b. And from what season?
(My favorite character arcâs are probably Artemis in season one, Mâgann in S2 and Nightwing in S3 and idk yet for s4 but they are really good from the episodes Iâve seen so far)
Would someone who is accustomed to dealing with vertigo, such as an experience acrobat like Nightwing, be better at coping with Count Vertigo's power?
Not brownnosing, but I'm a big fan of Young Justice and a few of your other shows. I'm also an admirer of continuity, which is what drew me to this website. All of your comments about the show have been proven right and shown in the series itself at some point or another in ways that others have failed to do. How are you able to keep track of all this?
How old is K'arr M'angg?
1. If you had 26 episodes as usual in season two what more stories would you like to have told?
Why does Barry Allen have green eyes but when he's the Flash in season 3 his eyes are blue?
What is Jimâs day job and does he have a girlfriend?
1. What was the reason behind giving Arsenal a katana?
2. Will we get to see Arsenal after episode 5?
3. Does Paula live with Will and Artemis now?
4. What is Paulas and Ollies relationship like?
1 Why did klarion call his operation project Rutabaga?
2 I am still confused by what exactly project rutabaga was. Was it just that huge flesh monster klarion created out of kids or was it simply activating childrenâs meta gene with klarion magic?
Some Questions about Aliens
1. If Goode World Studios has been around since the 40s does that mean that Gretchen Goode has been running it since then; or did she just take over a studio that was already there? I would imagine it would get difficult to explain why she does not seem to age over a 70 year period of time.
2. The Collector of Worlds mentioned that the Super Cycle was New God Life-Tech, or New Genesian Life-Tech, or something like that. Does Life-Tech imitate living things so well that it actually GROWS? Or is the Super Cycle just getting bigger some other way, like through mechanical upgrades?
3. If Martians can live for centuries, murder is incredibly rare on Mars, and they breed large families, then should overpopulation not become a problem quickly? Especially on a planet so small.
4. While they were on Mars was the high pressure under the ground simulating Earth gravity?
5. If not how was Super Boy able to walk normally under Mars' much lighter gravity?
So regarding the Meta-Gene from my understanding it is essentially a genetic marker that can unlock natural abilities due to experiencing extreme stress and duress. The meta gene also happens to be opportunistic in nature and now here is my big question What about the Flash Family they gained their powers through a specific experiment and have no blood relations to each other so why manifest powers so similar to each other.
2. Would Flash Family be considered meta humans or should we consider all humans with powers meta-human.
3. Should Superman be classified as a meta since he didn't seem to suffer by side effects of Granny's Anti Life Equation machine Device in Terminus or should we just attribute this to kryptonian endurance and yellow sun radiation.
How old was Dick Grayson when he became Robin?
I suspect this may not be answered until the second half of YJ: Phantoms come around, but I gonna put my thoughts out in the open anyway. In regards to the time-traveling saboteur who appeared in the first story arc...
A. I think he is human.
B. I think he is part of some kind of human supremacist group/movement that absolutely despises aliens on Earth with extreme prejudice.
C. I think his use of the advanced technology that is in his possession suggests a level of intellect that rivals or exceeds that of other present-day villains such as Lex Luthor.
D. I think that he is fully aware that Superboy (Kon-El)has a direct connection to the Legion of Superheroes (why the group was formed in the first place; to honor his legacy) and what Earth is like in the 31st century (humans and aliens living together on Earth); hence the reason why he specifically targeted Superboy. If he truly did killed Superboy, the Legion members who are in the present cannot return to the future because the future has mostly likely changed.
Why did you guys decide to completely abandon the friendships of the OG crew in S4? What made me love YJ was their interpersonal dynamics. When it was announced that the season would focus on them, I didn't expect them to be completely separated from each other. I miss them together. I feel that you don't understand that part of the success of YJ is the relationships you've developed between the orginal team.
Interestingly, the real name for the YJ version of Orphan that you chose was Cassandra Wu-San; as opposed to Cassandra Cain like in the comics. This then prompts the question of whether or not David Cain is still Cassandra Cain's father in the YJ animated universe and, if he is, would this then suggest that the change to Cassandra Cain's last name seemingly indicate that her father was likely never involved (or was never allowed to be) in her life?
With your inclusion of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the Young Justice animated universe, I would like to let you know that I would be truly interested in seeing a potential spin-off series that focuses on this team. It would be nice to see your own interpretation of what life is like in the 31st century and how the Legion of Super-Heroes honor the legacy of Superboy (Kon-El); whose actions I believe inspired the formation of this group by first making that public speech in front of the United Nations in the Season 3 finale.
I think I figured out the first half of message for YJ Season 4; it most likely means "Invitation to a," and the last 13 letters from the titles of the episodes from the second half of the season will most likely spell out two words. Does my reasoning sound correct?
Does Black Canary have a civilian life/job or is she more or less a hero full time?
Dear Mr Weisman i have some young justice questions for you 1.Can Jade and onyx commit to there rehab as Sensei told the girls that the league of assassins would help with there rehabilitation but only if the girls could commit to it so will the girls be able to ? 2. I remember SuperBoy telling Blue beetle that he knew Ted Kord but where they close friends when ted was alive or not ? 3. Could Dr Spence secretly be a G goblin like Dubblix but is keeping it a secret? 4 Are Dr Roquett and Amber Joyce both secretly G goblins or another kind of Genomroph as well?
Why didn't superman ask garfield to grieve with his family at the farm in smallville over conner's death when superman and beast boy return to earth from mars after superboy died and if he did why did garfield decide not to ?
In "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings', Clark seemed to be dancing around an issue with Jon. He spoke about Connor's journey ending which implies the existence of a soul and an afterlife.
Why not just come out and say that Superman believes in God and Connor's soul is in Heaven? Are you concerned about offending someone or making it seem like the show supports a particular religion? As an agnostic, I have no problem with characters having religious beliefs. I don't even have a problem with you mentioning Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh, or Krishna. It would completely in keeping with Superman's character to believe in a higher power or a higher good. The only time I have a problem with people's beliefs is when they try to impose them on others.
Or, am I proceeding on a false premise?
1. Can you explain the differences between Control Chip used by Light and it's operative in season 3, the Starro tech from season 1 and Mad Hatter Nanobots, do all 3 of them have the same results or are their differences in how they work. 2. Does Starro Tech mind control require a magic user necessarily to mind control someone.
3. How exactly does the Mad Hatter's nano-tech work, Is his mind control like total mindless control or is it similar to the technology used in Light's mind control starro. I ask because Livewire, Mist and Shade who were being controlled by Nano-tech still have a personality and had quirks which seem in line with their actual personality for example the innuendo based jokes made by Livewire and how she is often seen smiling or how Mist is afraid of being hit. Does this mean during mind control they retain their personality and essentially are reprogrammed which changes their objective like they have to follow the command but on the inside feel reluctant about doing it because it seemed to me Livewire was enjoying this a little too much.
I have a question that hopefully won't be considered a spoiler by the time you get it.
I'm baffled by Jade's decision to stay on Infinity Island AFTER Sensei admitted to manipulation. Did that admission not matter to her? I understand her concerns about not wanting to drag Lian into "the life"... but does she still consider Sensei and Ra's trustworthy enough to believe Sensei's statement about rehab and not being in the business anymore? I'm a bit surprised Artemis agreed to it so easily, too. If the answer doesn't constitute a spoiler, could you explain her headspace a bit?
1. Is John Stewart with HawkWoman? If so how long have they been together? If not, Will they ever get together?
2. How old is Fire?
3. How old is Ice?
4. How old is Wolf?
1. If any more Gargoyles projects ever get launched, have you considered what platform you want it have? Streaming on exclusive platform or TV? It would be amazing to have a more mature rating, so Gargoyles can tell mature stores without worrying about censoring anything.
2. I donât know if you answered this already, but just in case - what are Gargoyles views of sexuality? Lexington is gay, Iâm curious about how they views of LBGTQ.
3. I think Gargoyles would an awesome video game one day! Have you ever thought about it? I play with Brooklyn (my favorite) the most, what about you?
4. I know you love make allusions your works in your other shows. Will there for allusions to Gargoyles in upcoming episodes of Young Justice? Zatannaâs arc is next, Iâll keep my eyes peel!
5. Aside of Gabriel and Angela, I wish we could know more about the Avalon clan! I know during a break in the World Tour arc, Goliath spend time with the them. Was any moments you would have like to have show with Goliath bonding with his children and introducing more named members of the clan?
So I had a question with regards to Face Your Fears-
1. Wally is the first one to break out of the effects of Medusa Mask which he cites is probably due to his fast metabolism. Was this assessment of Wally wrong or right.
2. Does this mean Wally has more resistance or will the effects of emotion manipulation will have a shorter impact, basically does his fast metabolism give him any advantages.
3. Also Why has the Light not been able to create a speedster as fast as Barry, Wally or Jay, as you have revealed earlier Jaculi and Trajectory are both slower is it because of Barry's notes which the Light doesn't have, so does that mean Barry's note are under lock and key meanwhile Light has weaker speedsters than even Barry.
Big fan of Gargoyles! Thank for creating it! No matter how many years has past, it has been an all-time favorite! I have a few questions:
1. Does Lexington finds a mate of his own?
2. What does Brooklynâs daughter, Tachi, look like? And whatâs her personality like?
3. What is Nashvilleâs personality like?
4. Does Yama eventually return to his clan and reunite with Sora?
5. Before finding a mate in Katana, did Brooklyn developed any small romantic feelings for anyone Time-Dancer adventures?
"Has he ever get into legal problem with the in-universe Warner Bros company because of that?"
Greg responds: "1. The use was legally "de minimus," i.e. a small use for purposes of parody. The whole episode has a Wile E. Coyote vibe, so having the pie-gun come from "Acme," made sense. If we wanted to do the "Mr. Acme" spin-off series, we might have legal trouble, I suppose."
...Uh, actually, I was asking about if Mr. Acme himself git into any legal problem with the Gargoyles' version of Warner Brothers company.
Now on a completly unrelated note, It's been confirmed on more than one occassion that the Likes of Dracula and Santa Claus exist on Garg verse, and more than a few characters of literature (particulary Shakespeare literature) are real as well, which has made me wonder:
1) Were Don Quixote and Macunaima real people within Garg-verse or were they just as fictional as in our world?
2) Were fairy tales Like Little Red Ridding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and the Juniper Tree real within Garg-verse in some way or form? After all, All Myths are true, just rarelly accurate...
1 Do the light have other special positions for their agents like the enforcer for the light?
2 Does the enforcer of the light have any special authority over other light agents?
3 All the enforcers for the light were skilled fighters with no powers. Was this intentional or a coincidence?
Why did shade join the league of shadows?
1 Did every purist turn on ocean master after he was exposed(like wynde and Ronal) or were there some that refused to believe ocean master betrayed them and still served him?
2 Why did the purist think ocean master had the same goal as them? He attacked Aquaman in the past who the purist had no problem with.
3 Did ocean master consider the consequence of destroying the heroes family, but he was at a point where he did just not really care anymore?
4 Atlanteans have super durable skin in the comics so how was lady Shiva able to cut off ocean masterâs head like it was nothing? Did she use a special blade or are atlanteans far less durable in the young justice universe?
5 Were there some citizens of Atlantis that supporter orm as king?(obviously before he was revealed to be ocean master)
Hi, Just wanna say I absolutely love Young Justice. Itâs been a big part of my life, and one of the main sources of joy in my life tbh. Anywho, hehe I have a few questions. (I do apologize if youâve already answered any of these, there were a LOT of answered questions to try and scroll through, but itâs so nice to see the love for YJ & Gargoyles)
1.) Thereâs a certain character who you unfortunately were not able to like (canonically?) make L(G)BT in the show. Now that it has moved to HBO Max, is it possible for him to âcome outâ?
2.) Is there going to be more LGBTQ+ characters to come?
3.) Will Raven &/ Trigon make an appearance?
I have so many more questions but I know youâre a busy person, so Iâll just stick with these few for now. Thank you for making something that brings a lot of joy to my life and many others :)
Why was Garfield's last name no change from logan to farr after rita farr adoped garfield after queen bee killed marie logan ?
What is Broadwayâs opinions on Westerns, and Showdown in particular following the events of Deadly Force?
How tall is Icicle Junior in Young Justice S1? Did he have a height bump in the following appearances in Outsiders? DEFINITELY A GLOW UP!
Why did miss martian not want beast boy and superman to help her and her uncle john find her white martian brother on mars instead seen beast boy and superman back to earth ?
After Superboy talk at the UN in last episode of young justice outsiders why people who own bikes that Conner fixes not realize Conner is superboy ?
1. Why did you change Deathstroke's voice and design between Invasion and Outsiders (The latter moreso than the former considering actors are less static over the course of a half decade than character designs)?
2. Why, in-universe, did Deathstroke ditch his claymore between Invasion and Phantoms?
So this post is going to be about Barbara and the sequence of how she becomes Oracle in your series.
For starters, one change I greatly enjoyed is the fact you made Barbra lose her legs in the LINE OF DUTY. I mean this in a good way, but rarely do we see the heroes get hurt in significant way that impedes them. For Barbara, getting hurt on a mission like reminds us that this is dangerous work yet she does it regardless of the risk. I never liked the way it is handled in Killing Joke, as just reduces Barbra to feeling like a mere victim. And I know that serves the main theme of that story, i.e random tragedy, but it always felt like a bit of disservice to her character.
Now to the negative stuff. Or maybe the nitpicking stuff? Ok, so one thing I do enjoy in a story is the consistency of knowledge in how characters react to the story. The audience/viewer often have an omnipresent view of events. We know things that happening that the characters do not. One example is how we know the Light are the ones behind everything in Season 1, yet the heroes still believe it to be the work of the Injustice League because that's all the information they have. And this is reflected in how they operate going forward until they get more information on the Light. Characters knowing things that should be out of their scope is something I dislike because of how inconsistent it appears especially when it's done for convenience of the writers to have characters know or react to things in some manner despite them not knowing something.
This brings me to the exchange between Barbara and Orphan.
'I did it to save you'
This is great sentiment, but it feels very much unearned, since Barbara, by all accounts does not know this person she is saving, nor does she know what kind of impact these words will have on her.
We know who Orphan is based on what Cheshire said. She was raised her entire life to be a living weapon, trained to kill and could never be anything beyond that. Barbara stopping her from killing, at the expense of her legs makes an impact on Orphan because it rattles the world view she was raised with and such an act of empathy is not something she would be used.
But Barbara (as far as I can tell) does NOT know anything about Orphan's circumstances. Artemis did not even know anything until Cheshire told her. And I have to assume Batman only learned about Orphan's background after taking her in. From Barbara's point of view, this is just a random Shadow sent by the Light to kill the Joker. Kinda like all those Shadow goons the heroes often beat up. The heroes don't know that this one is special, while the audience does know this. What if this had been Black Spider, Rictus, Sportsmaster or Deathstroke? I know Barbara would save the Joker regardless, but it's not like she would take Slade's hand and say she was trying to save his soul. Another point is that Barbara does not know if Orphan has killed prior to this incident. Hell, I don't think even the audience knows if Orphan has killed before this. So, it comes off as little naive for her to say that this was done to protect Orphan from the act of taking a life.
Basically, if my inane rambling makes any sense, what I'm trying to say is that exchange between Barbara and Orphan is unearned and lacks an emotional investment. Or at least did for me, not necessarily others. Itâs justâ¦.Barbara saying she wants to help this random assassin requires more depth between her and Orphan than what was presented. And it seems to rely on the fact the audience is well aware of Orphan's situation, but the characters in the show are not. WE know this saves Orphan, but Barbara does not know this. If this had been another Shadow, I'd imagine they would just leave Barbara to bleed out and go on their merry way.
But now I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a second. I suppose that since Orphan actually stopped in the middle of her mission, kneeling in front of the wounded Barbara and even taking off her mask may have been enough of an indication to Barbara that she was not some cold blooded assassin but a genuine first timer. I guess Barbara was going out on limb based on Orphan's veryâ¦..human reaction?
I don't want anything that I said to come off asâ¦.bad. But I want to be honest too. I love Young Justice greatly as much as I love Gargoyles (and WITCH btw), so I want to be constructive when I criticize it. Maybe things will play out as the show goes further, I will wait and see. Maybe there was more to your thought process on this all worked that I am simply not seeing. But those were my thought on how you handled Barbara becoming Oracle.
Looking forward to rest of Season 4
Has Beast Boy met Superman's Jonathan before conner died on mars?
Have you by some chance seen or read "March Comes In Like A Lion"/"3-gatsu no Lion", somehow the storytelling in that is very reminiscent of your style of writing, if you have not I highly recommend you watch it.
During the trial of the league on Rimbor, When the league tries to say Vandal Savage controlled them the aliens observing them say all the info is on the poet-watcher( at least that's what the caption say
) So what is a poet-watcher and its purpose.
1)Is Artemis Terra's mentor?
2)How would you characterize their relationship? I ask because I get the impression after Outsiders that they're really tight.
3) A lot of these mentor-protege relationships seem to blur the lines between teacher, friend, and family member, don't they?
Hello Greg, how are you? I hope you are okay!
I was searching in the 'Ask Greg' Archives about the main gargoyles biological parents and some questions arose from old answers. Here I go:
1 - In February 03, 2000 'Skylar' asked if you could tell anything about Lexington's parents. Your answer was "Nope.
I don't think that way. There's a whole generation of gargoyles who were Lexington's parents". But can you give us any hints about Lexington actual biological parents?
2 - In September 25, 2000 'White' asked if you had created Goliath parents, how they would look like. Your answer was "I'm not that interested in Goliath's bio-parents specifically". After 21 years, does that answer still the same? If not, can you give any hints about them?
3 - In October 23, 2003 Gus Gustavson asked if Goliath had brothers or sisters. Your answer was "Odds are he had one or two". So, Goliath could be the youngest of them?
4 - In August 10, 2007 'Derek' asked if will we ever see the biological parents of Demona, Goliath, Lexington or Brooklyn in the comics in Flashbacks. Your answer was "Sure. But you might not know it, as it's of no moment to these characters". Do you still plan showing them as some sort of easter egg, in the background? (Honestly, I would be glad to see just that).
5 - In March 20, 2013 'Eileanna' asked if 'Sacrifice' and 'Second' were Lexington parents. You answer was 'SPOILER REQUEST'. So I ask: did Lexington had biological brothers or sisters?
6 - In September 30, 2015 'J' asked a bunch of questions about the Avalon Clan and their biological relationships to the Manhattan Clan. One of them was about Bronx and possibly a brother or sister in the Avalon Clan. Your answer was "no coment". So I ask: was Bronx the first biological offspring of 'Chaw' and 'Chomp'?
7 - Did Demona had biological brothers or sisters? Was she the youngest of them?
8 - A Dark Age question: apart from Hudson and his mate, other rookery siblings of 878 would be still alive by 971?
9 - Another Dark Age question: did Hudson had his own 'mentor' in 971? Or was the 878 generation the oldest at that point?
10 - Finally, have you considered releasing some kind of visual encyclopedia of the Gargoyles?
Thanks in advance for your answers and your patience. And thank you for creating this amazing show. All the best!
Ps: I know, I know... I should stop thinking this relations like a human. But the visuals of the gargoyles are something that I can not pass by, that is why I want to know about parents, siblings and so forth.
Ps2: I am hoping that Disney+ announces Gargoyles - Season 3 soon, the same way they announced X-Men 97. #keepwatchinggargoyles
How long is bio-ship life spawn?
Why did Kid Flash trust Queen Perdita with his real name was wally west ?
How and why and when did queen perdita learn kid flash's name was wally west ?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. Did Night wing forgive Orphan for what she Unintentionally did to Bat girl when they first met or does he have some resentment of her but is still mature about it? 2.How did Dubbilex, Jim, and everyone else in geranium city react when they herd about what happened to Superboy on mars? 3 . Does Brooklyn maine seem like an odd town to you as well? because apart From the Mayor Sheriff Maguire and the newsgirls the town seemed empty. most places in Brooklyn where closed Miss Rodriguez seemed to be the only patren in the library in the season 3 episode Brooklyn Maine was featured and (yes i know it can count as both a Newsboy legion and i. q. reforince as well) Gaby Gabrielli sead she had a study date with ''Big words'' before she corrected herself somthing about all of it seems odd to me
Why does Halo wear a hijab but then wear a skintight bodysuit?
Hi Greg - YJ is a great show that obviously resonates with a lot of people. But sometimes I feel like the writers don't realize why people love the show so much.
I think most people got hooked on the character development and world-building of Season 1. Seeing our favorite comic characters reimagined in this unique universe you've created. The rest of the seasons have been more focused on driving the plot forward, at the expense of character. The time skip disappointed a lot of people because years of character development and interactions happened off screen. And as the cast got bigger, it became clear that only some characters were going to get screentime while others were basically scenery. This was also disappointing for the fans of characters that were introduced in later seasons; especially for characters that have never been properly portrayed in DC media like Cassie, Tim, Cissie, Cassandra, Stephanie, etc. I wanted to see all of them get the same type of treatment the Season 1 cast got, but there are so many characters that we barely know anything about. And with the time skips, we may never get to know them because the writers have decided they're not important for the plot.
I remember lots of fans gave you this type of feedback during Season 2, and you tbh you were kind of dismissive about it and then doubled down on the approach in Season 3. I know this is ultimately your show, but I wish you would take the feedback from the fans who fell in love with it.
Was Queen Perdita at Garfield Logan's 16 birthday party ? Were was Garfield's 16 birthday party held at ? Why did Tara not apologize to Queen Perdita for trying to kill Peredia's boy friend Garfield Logan ?
Was there any protest in the UN on Batman inc rejoining the justice league? Seems weird that superheroes can just quit the justice league, become vigilantes who donât follow the UNâs rules and later rejoin with no problem
Does Tigress's uniform have stealth-tech? If so, why did she not use it when sneaking around Santa Prisca in 4x07?
How do Miss Martian's parents feel out Miss Martian and Beast Boy viewing each other as sister and brother ? Does Miss MARTIAN's parents view Beast boy as being part of thier family ?
Hi Mr Weisman,
In Ep7 of YJ: Phantoms, Nightwing requests a medevac to someone known as A33. This sounds like a guest designation, but I can't find who it is assigned to. Could you tell us who that was, or is it someone brought up later in the season? Thanks.
Why did Beast Boy not tell about or show his girlfriend Queen Perdita the outsiders base call the Hub ?
Hey Greg, are there plans for a next season or even a spin-off after this season if it is the finale?
Jade always acts "pissy" when she talks to Artemis. My reading of Jade's attitude is that it's a cover for her feelings of guilt over having not been a better sister or mother. Is this a good reading?
Regarding the Team's spytech lenses. They all have a dedicated logo. I noticed that the heroes who have chest logos, usually have matching interface logos. But those who don't (like Spoiler and Arsenal) usually have a customized logo.
I love them.
Who came up with them and what are the criteria for them?
Why is Beast Boy ok with Miss Martian using his mother Marie Logan form in young justice timeline ?
Why Beast Boy not happy Miss Martian's sister Em'ree Jonzz using his mom's form but Garfield Logan is ok with Miss Martian using his mom's form in young justice season 4 episode 1 Inhospitable ?
Dear Mr weisman while i am sure that Oracle forgave her for a tragic event that occurred when they first met Does Orphan still blame herself for what happened to Bat girl that day ?
At what age did Robin become Nightwing on Earth 16 and how did his teammates react?
I keep hearing about these "Red Arrow Journals". What are they?
When exactly did the infiltrators steal the JL Computer intel? Was it when Cassandra was lying next to the Zeta-Tube?
If she already had the intel, then why didn't Shade simply teleport her out? This way they would get the intel and keep Cassandra's cover to use again in the future.
can you tell when is jason todd death day? only month and day
Hello Mr Weisman.
Just writing a little thing here because I'm kind of worried about the lgbt+ direction of the show. Well, not really a direction, but more and more characters are revealing to be homosexuals or else... Don't you think you're dangerously falling into basic silly positive discrimination here ?
Because I'm scared that this show I love so much is becoming a parody of a "woke show", which I feel would be awful.
Now, you're the writer and you're in control, and I'd never, even if I could, take that control away from you, no matter what you do, because that's YOUR show, right !
So I'm just asking : are you aware of positive discrimination, and don't you think you're falling into this and ruining characters by doing that ? Or risking to ?
Hello Greg !
Love what you and Brandon did with young justice, a timeline going on its own, and the scenario is brilliant ! My question would be : will you continue the show after you've come to the end of your story ? Because I'm scared that it ends up like shows like Arrow and Flash who only make a next season as long as the studios command one more, and they have nothing more to say but they still go on... Please don't ^^
But anyway thank you very much for this show, it's a writing gem and a true pleasure to any fans of Dc !
Are Tim and spoiler together ? ( please say no )
So now that Tim and Cassie are over I guess youâre going to put him with spoiler. Well fine but I only hope youâre not going to devolope that more than you did with Tim and Cassie because it would be so unfair
It's great that you're working with the Muslim Public Affairs Council on Halo, but in the future would you consider hiring more writers of color when creating these types of characters? I think a lot of the issues with Halo could've been avoided if there was an Arab/Muslim woman in the room. Increasing diversity in entertainment needs to extend to all areas.
Hey Greg! Love Young Justice. I started rewatching S3 the other day and started wondering about the construction of the team. What's the in-universe reason Dick Grayson chose Jefferson Pierce to be on his Markovia squad?
I'm assuming Dick asked the people closest to him who weren't otherwise occupied or involved in Batman's quitting drama--i.e. no Batman members, no League members, and no leader of the Team. That leaves Artemis and Conner and Will from the original team, but Will was more interested in taking care of Lian. But why Jeff? Did he and Dick develop a close relationship in-between seasons, or does Dick trust Jeff because Jeff's recent resignation was a sign that he can be trusted to care about completing the mission/helping people without stirring up unnecessary drama in the then-somewhat-fractured superhero community?
I know that Jefferson plays an important role later in the season that only he could do, and also that his role in the season is a nod to the Batman and the Outsiders storylines, but y'all are pretty good at clearly establishing cause and effect for your characters' relationships, so I wanted to know if there was anything I missed that led to Dick trusting Jefferson so much that when he recruited him for the mission, he specifically said he came for the man, not the powers.
Thanks for all you do!
After Goliath died at some point between 2004 and 2188...
A. Where was his funeral held?
B. Was Goliath's body buried or cremated?
C. Was the person/people who was/were responsible for killing Goliath eventually brought to justice or did they somehow managed to escape?
Iâve been rewatching Young Justice Outsiders, and I noticed Beast Boyâs darkwear icon is two Bâs facing back to back! Wouldnât it have made more sense if his icon was a green paw print?
What happens to a light memberâs power base after they get captured or killed? Do they just get dissolved or does the light keep control of them?
Were there any real-life events that didn't happen in the Gargoyles universe Post 1994?
Where does Gregor Markov live at after Brion took the throne in last episode of young justice outsiders ?
Why did Superman trust Garfield with Garfield knowing superman's man is Clark Kent by the time of young justice season 4 ? Why did Miss Martian send Garfield back to Earth with Superman when Miss Martian stay on mars looking for her white martian brother ? Why did Garfield not want to see Perdita's speech after watching king Brion's speech in episode Artemis Looking Through The Looking Glass ?
1 Was the joker more pissed off by the fact that he was used like a pawn by the light or that he was the only one not in on it?
2 since the joker was aware savage was a part if the light. Was he also aware that lex luthor was a member? Is that a part of the reason Why he decided to bomb the UN
3 Does the joker also now desire revenge against the other injustice league members for not letting him in on their true goal?
1) In "Elder Wisdom", Wonder Girl mentions that she's been on the Team for two years. But since she joined in Team Year Five and made this comment at the beginning of Team Year Nine, was this a mistake?
2) In "Home Fires", Ocean-Master mentions that he's been in an Atlantean prison for six years. Given that this episode takes place in Team Year Eight, can his dialogue here be taken as confirmation that he was brought to justice and locked up in Team Year Two?
Greg, I love your work on Star Wars Rebels, Spectacular Spider Man, and Young Justice. What I would like to ask is why in the new season of young justice you adapted a certain character's origin.
P.S: love you Greg keep being awesome
Hi Mr. Weisman, really love watching Phantoms and the fruits of your labor! I had a bit of a different question for you.
You said in the past that you were impressed with Avatar: The Last Airbender and you were planning on watching The Legend of Korra after.
1) What did you think about the sequel series? Particularly in relation to its predecessor?
2) I know you try to keep your own work original and you try to avoid taking outside ideas, but were there certain elements (story or character) from either Avatar:TLA or TLOK that you felt were interesting to use in your stories?
3) If you had an opportunity to work within that universe, would you craft a story with gambits that you're so famously known for or would you take a different direction than usual?
Thank you again. Young Justice and Avatar/Korra were large elements of my childhood and what stands out to me are the very strong themes, characters, and over-arching narrative. I feel pretty blessed to be part of a generation that could have not only enjoyed it but grew up with them as well.
Minor question: is there a particular reason you had Atlanteans speaking more formally (i.e. little to no use of contractions) after "Infiltrator"?
Why do you hate Tim Drake so much, Greg? Are you getting back at the people who harassed you for using Dick instead of Tim in S1?
LOL mostly joking - I know there are lots of supporting characters that people would like to see more of. But it does kind of seem like you don't like the character too much. His appearance in that S3 episode where Nightwing is sick and he doesn't say a word still kills me.
You have stated previously that Batwoman and Elongated Man both debuted as superheroes in Team Year Six. Who debuted earlier in that year?
Greg, first I wanted to thank you for continuing to explore Jade's character, love her bigger presence in Phantoms. Question: hpw fun is writing Artemis and Jade relationship?
Why did Artemis never strip-search Cassandra for anything suspicious. Considering they had no idea if Cassandra or Onyx was a mole and they brought all those outside sources to confirm if they were speaking the truth. A strip-search sounds like a basic precaution. Which would have allowed them to discover cassandraâs glamour charm and see through her deception
I hope this doesn't come off as a lewd sounding set of questions, but
1. Was Gabriele Daou a virgin prior to her death?
2. As of the end of Season 3, is Halo a virgin?
I understand that if the to question one is yes, then question two may seem a little redundant, but technically Halo would never have experienced sex before, even though she may a 'body' that has experienced sex before.
Does the UN know about the light? If so how much do they know
What species is bio-ship and her kin?
What's the name of those lenses the Team use? Who invented them? When?
What was the relationship between Tim and Cassie like? I heard the relationship is now toast so I hope this isnât a spoiler.
How did Paul react when he learn Garfield Logan was meta human ? During the time of the events of young justice outsiders how did Garfield Logan's Godfather Paul react after he learn Garfield had form his outsider superhero team ? How did Paul react he learn Garfield was dating Queen Perdita ? How did Paul react after he lean his boss Gretchen Goode was was a alien after Cyborg exposed her merging back her other self on tv ?
While I appreciate you taking feedback on Halo from us Muslim fans and trying to improve her representation, I honestly think she's too flawed to be fixed for a number of reasons:
1. Gabrielle Daou. I think this is an odd name for a Muslim Arab character. Gabrielle derives from Gabriel, which is a Biblical name. The Quranic version is Jibril (the archangel) and as far as I know there's no feminine version...plus a lot of Muslims don't like to use the names of the angels for humans in the first place. It would've been better to give her an Islamic name; there are SO many with beautiful meanings that you could've played with. And the surname Daou is not one I've seen before, so I could be wrong about this - I've tried researching and it's been hard to find information about its origins. It doesn't appear to be a very common surname, I'm curious how you guys even found it because it's not in any of the lists of most common Arab or Muslim surnames I encountered. But from what I can gather, it's mostly seen in Lebanon. I don't know exactly where Qurac is in the YJ universe, but I know in DC it's typically around Saudi Arabia and Iraq. If that's the case, there are lots of surnames more common to that area you could've used to make it more accurate or you could've used a more common Muslim surname. This may come off as nit-picky, but I think these sorts of things matter if you're going to make her ethnicity and religion a central part of her character. We're past the days of making vaguely Arab characters with traits from several different cultures like Disney's Aladdin.
2. Going off that, you've got an American South Asian woman voicing her doing a generic "brown voice"...I'm an American South Asian woman myself and that does not feel right to me. South Asian and Arab cultures are often blended together in Western media (Aladdin again) and they're very different. Why not make Halo Pakistani since the voice actor knows Urdu or use a voice actor who speaks Arabic to create a more accurate accent?
3. What is the reason Violet continues to wear the hijab? She just says it "feels right." One of my biggest pet peeves with how Muslims are portrayed in Western media is thinking that every Muslim woman wears a head scarf because the Quran says so. It's actually a huge source of debate within the religion, people have different interpretations of what modesty means, and many of us do not believe in wearing it. Then on top of that, there's the politics surrounding it. Of course I respect the women who do choose to wear it and the ones who do have a variety of reasons why. If Halo is supposed to be hijabi representation, it'd be great to know why she chooses to continue to wear it and maybe help dispel some of the stereotypes around it. As of now, it kind of seems like she only wears it because Gabrielle was a Muslim and that's what she thinks Muslims do.
4. The whole concept of the motherbox occupying the body of a dead Muslim girl. It almost feels like whitewashing in a way - you've got a character who's coded as Muslim but really isn't one. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but it just feels icky to me.
I'm sorry for the length and I know none of this was intentional. But it just feels like there was not enough research done when creating this character and it would've been better to have an Arab Muslim writer help create her. I do not like her as Muslim representation and I'd really like to see less emphasis on that aspect of her character. In my opinion, "Gabrielle Daou" died and her identity as a Muslim died with her. Violet Harper is a different person who simply occupies her body, so Islam does not need to continue to be a central part of Halo's character.
Since when have Bruce and Giovanni known each other?
Who is A33 whom Nightwing called for medical support?
1 Did mâcomm genuinely think that his failed bomb attack was still a victory? Or was he just making excuses so that his followers wouldnât lose faith
2 Why did poison ivy reveal the truth about the injustice league to the joker? What did she have to gain from turning the joker against the light?
3 Why did Lady Shiva show the Joker's video to orphan? Couldnât she have just ordered her to kill him? It wouldn't really have mattered to her why she had to kill him anyway.
4 Why did orphan care that she crippled batgirl wasnât killing people a thing she was raised to do since birth?
5 If lady Shiva wanted orphan back why did she wait so long to retrieve her?
1. How broke is Green Arrow?
-Hes dressed rather smart for someone whos broke.
-He could afford a hospital room for Speedy.
-Hes able to afford to run several vaults fully equipped with weaponry and the electrical bill that comes with it. He also repaired the damage from the bomb Speedy planted in it.
-He can afford arrows for himself and his protege.
-He can support himself and Roy (and probably also the medical bills that come with sending him to therapy, etc.)
2. How successful is Bowhunter Security?
3. How was Roy a shareholder in Bowhunter despite being a minor? Was Ollie a caretaker for his share as his guardian?
4. Did Ollie help Will start his Private Security business? How did he find investors for it?
When Orphan is held prisoner by the Shadows why did they take her shoes?
1) How were Jade and Artemis not put into foster care since Crusher was clearly an unfit parent?
2) Is it wishful thinking to assume that he might be a better grandfather than he was a father?
2) Which might he prefer to be called: Grandpa, Granddad, or Pop-Pop?
Why would a master strategist like Vandal Savage risk pissing off a chaotic element like the Joker by not letting him in on the joke?
Was Mad Hatter active as a Gotham supervillain when Jade and Artemis came up with their code, or did he start later?
1.Does the Masked singer (US and all international versions) exist In the Young justice universe? 2. why Did Terra after She meet Forager for the time call him a Hippo when he looks nothing like one and is clearly an alien insect?
I'm working on a paper that compares the original Shakespeare play, Macbeth, to the version on the Gargoyles show. If you are okay with it, I would love to get a quote from you to use in the paper. My question is this: Are there any plots/subject matter that you wouldn't have tackled in Gargoyles if it weren't animated? If yes, which ones and why?
Quick questions about the Bio-Ship species. I understand that they are like horses on Mars, and there bodies are made of materials that allow them travel through space and through planetary atmospheres without injury. Making them Way More resistant to heat than the sentient Martians.
1. I would like to know how the Bio-ship converts the Martian atmosphere inside the ship into Earth atmosphere and Vis Versa. Does the ship inhale the Higher CO2 of Mars and exhale an O2 rich environment like a plant?
2. Does the Bio-ship need to breath? Not every living thing does.
I can even buy that there bodies have the necessary materials in them for shapeshifting into the complex machinery and circuitry necessary for wireless network interface with Earth computers, drones, HUDs, and radios.
But in the first season M gann states that Bio-ship does not have any weapon system, then later she is firing laser blasts at an ice fortress.
3. I made the assumption at the time that the laser thing had been installed off screen similar to the way the disintegration tech was installed during the training exercise in the episode Failsafe. But now that I see Baby-Ship with lasers too; Is it safe to say that the laser-like cannons on these Bio-Ships are a naturally occurring biological mechanism and not mechanically installed or configured?
4. Is it a learned skill and not all Bio-Ships can do it like the density shifting thing for sapient Martians?
5. I still do not understand why the sapient Martians are more afraid of the Ma alefa ak than a species that can FIRE FREAKING LASER BEAMS!.... Sorry:) The laser beam thing from an Earth animal would freak me out. Still it seems like they can easily defend themselves from Ma alefa aks with brain blasts. But can they block LASER BLASTS with telekinesis. Just saying the Bio-Ships are also way more durable; that is the animal I would think they would learn to fear.
1. If the Monkey god chose Gar to be his Beast Boy would he have been able to give Gar those powers without the Martian blood transfusion? Or did the Martian blood act as a necessary catalyst for the power of a god?
I ask because, in the small amount of screen time we have gotten from the Monkey god I think we can conclude that he is impulsive or at least mischievous enough to see that there was a kid with Martian blood and say "let me take advantage of this." Rather than having seen Gar and "chose" him before the Martian blood thing.
Of course this does not mean that he would have just done nothing with Gar at all if Gar had never gotten Martian Blood. You never know :)
2. Would Gar s skin turn green after the Monkey gods tampering or before?
I have absolutely no problem with suspending my disbelief in a TV show. That is the reason I never thought about the Law of Conservation of Mass until Season 3 episode Nightmare Monkeys. But now that I know that is a thing in universe for Young Justice I have questions about it.
1. When the Beatle scarabs give there hosts armor, weapons, tools, wings, or produces anti-bodies, where does the extra mass come from? Especially for those GIANT plasma cannons Blue Beatle and Black Beatle product during there first fight?
2. When Bane uses Venom, I can see the liquid serum
converting into muscle mass. However when Baran Flinders transforms into Mammoth there is a small amount of liquid in the injector, yet he becomes... well, MAMMOTH. Where does that mass come from?
3. When Dr. Mark Desmond uses the Blockbuster formula to transform into Blockbuster where does that mass come from?
4. If Beast Boy's powers were given to him by a god, is he a metahuman or is he more like Captain Marvel? A human granted powers that magically break the laws of physics.
5. When The Atom or Bumblebee shrink are they losing mass, or are they shrinking the space between there subatomic particles? Because if that is the case that would explain why they can not reach the subatomic level.
Seriously, I am only asking because the show brought it up.
Batgirl said she wanted to save Orphan not the Joker does that mean the Team or rather the Bat-Family know about Cass and her treatment at the hands of Lady Shiva cause I think that's the only way that exchange makes sense, This is really confusing can you explain this part.
1. So can we get a confirmation on whether Vandal Q Savage is his full name also does the Q stand for Killjoy?
2. I really liked the whole thing with Joker you did here also it's kinda hilarious that he didn't know for 8 years, now for the timeline to make sense does this mean 8 years from when they were recruited or from the incident.
3. Jason name drop was nice to hear I wonder why you would name him this episode and that red hooded ninja we saw on infinity island definitely suspicious I wonder what could that be.
4. I am really hoping for Jason vs Freddie this season granted the actual movie was just okay, but I would love to have this certain character have camaraderie and not die alone hopefully this wasn't complete gibberish ah well I suppose I can't help it, anyways can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
4. I really like your rendition of the Killing Joke and boy it really was a Killing Joke. Is there any particular reason you guys changed the design for Joker and If so what were your influences, I really liked that you guys brought back Brent Spiner his Joker is one that I would love to hate.
Why did M'gann wait about a month to go for M'comm? Did she wait for investigation results to be sure that M'comm was indeed the one who planted the bomb? Were M'gann and J'onn there to arrest M'comm?
Hello, I was a big fan of your work on Spectacular Spider-Man.
1. Have you read some of the new Spider heroes like Miles Morales, Cindy Moon, Anya Corazon, etc. What is your opinion of them, and woulf you have used them if given the chance?
2. Who is your favorite girl to be paired with Peter Parker, or if you can't decide on one, who are your favorite romantic interests of Peter?
Not sure if you will answer me, but I have always being curious about something from Spectacular Spider-Man.
How old was Black Cat in the cartoon?
Does Cassandra Savage have any meta-human powers such as her father's healing factor, or is she a baseline human?
In the flashback in "The Lady, or the Tigress?" were Garth and Troia considering stepping up to fight the Joker during his attack on the U.N.?
What caused the strife between Professor Ojo and Icicle Jr.?
Why is the Riddler not taken seriously?
How did he manage to escape?
Hi, I love Young Justice, wanted to ask..
1. How do they recruit members for "the team" are there specific standards they hold them to, and if so do they vote like the JL?
2. How many members/past members of the team are LGBTQ if so which ones
3. Are there any costumes you hate or any costumes you wish could be different
I literally just realized something. Now I could be wrong, but I don't think we have ever seen the Light (or any of the villains really) make use of Zeta Tube technology for themselves or have their own system in place. I know they have Father Boxes and everything, but given how resourceful the Light is, I know they could most definitely get a Zeta tube network one if they wanted. Have the Light ever used Zeta Tubes? Or do they rely solely on Father Boxes?
The fact the Light don't use Zeta Tubes at all seems like a very conscious detail on your part. Was that intentional?
These questions are all related to the Zeta Tube. I'm guessing it's easier for you if the questions follow a theme.
1.You said in a previous post that the Zeta tubes don't rely (at least solely) on genetics since they can recognize Red Tornado and Sphere who are mechanical, or how Roy, Jim and Will are all clones yet it can still distinguish them. So, if not a genetic scan, how does the Zeta Tube recognize each user? My best guess is that it relies on some kind of database archive that the League maintains with enough information on each person and their characteristics to know who is who. Is that close?
2. Do all Zeta Tubes have a designation system? E.g do the ones on Rann have them as well?
3. What about when it comes to wearing masks and disguises? Will was still designated as Speedy even after changing his outfit and becoming Red Arrow. So, what if say, Dick put on the Batman costume and tried the Zeta Tube? Would it know the difference? Or what about when Artemis when she was wearing the glamour charm? Or better yet Cassandra? This only occurred to me just now, but she was wearing a glamour charm when she was scanned by the Zeta Tube, and it failed to recognize her. So, is that why it couldn't recognize her?
4. This a fun one, but since Sphere is technically alive despite being technology, then could a Mother Box and or Father Box have a Zeta Tube designation since they are "living beings" as well? Or what about Bio-Ship, assuming it was big enough to accommodate her?
5.Would a Zeta Tube work inside the Tower of Fate?
Who told Dick and Will and Kaldur'hm that Superboy was kill on mars and when were they told that Conner was dead?
What Beast Boy and Superman talk out on trip back to Earth after Suoperboy was kill on planet Mars ?
In episode 7 of season 4 we see a bunch of white martians lying on the ground after being attacked by M'gann. The audio description says they're "corpses". So, are those martians actually dead? If so, why didn't J'onn apprehend M'gann afterwards? why didn't he intervene when she was confronting M'comm? it's not like they were having a nice conversation.
It appears The Light know many of the superheroes' secret identities. Why haven't they revealed any of them to the public? Seems like that would do a lot of help by making their lives more complicated. And since Queen Bee said Nightwing's team was being led by Dick Grayson in "Home Fires" does that means they know Batman is Bruce Wayne?
I have some young justice questions for you Mr Weisman 1. How old is Onyx Adams as of season 4 ? 2. With all of her responsibilities to both the light and league of assassins does Lady Shiva ever get any time off to Relax and unwind? 3.How did the joker get poison ivy to tell him that the light was using the Injustice League as puppets ?
I was shocked that Barbara's paralysis was due to Cassandra Wu-San's actions in the YJ universe. Was this change made because you felt it creates a much more emotional impact than just having Joker shooting Barbara like in "The Killing Joke"?
Artemis is a professor of comparative literature and is half-Vietnamese. This begs the question: does Artemis know French? How fluent is she?
What day did Joker's bomb threat on the UN took place?
Hey Greg! I am doing my part to #SaveEarth16 by rewatching all of YJ for the umpteenth time while I *anxiously* await next week's episode (s4, episode 8). I'm sure you and your team are loving torturing us with the anticipation of weekly releases. Fantastic job well done to all involved in bringing back my and many's favorite shows!
Now, onto the questions.
1) For this Artemis arc, what inspired the references to classic literature? Stephanie has such a soulful voice during these voiceovers, especially for the end credits!
2) Did you intend for there to be parallels to Artemis's intro to the Team (and first showdown with Cheshire) by bringing back the Infiltrators Virus, double agents, and an excellent sisterly team up?
3) Were Dick and Barbara already together during that fateful mission to stop Joker at the UN?
4) Was there any discussion on a mass release of the season, or were you and Brandon set on a weekly release due to the need to digest all that will be taking place in the show?
Did Babs know that the Light was sending a newbie assassin to go after Joker, or did she guess Cass was on her first mission on the spot? If she guessed, was there something in particular that clued her in that Cass wasn't already a killer, or was it pure intuition? It seems like an awfully big risk to take when she didn't know if it was someone who'd killed before who wouldn't bat an eye at collateral damage.
1 So was there actually a mission where cassandra savage attempted to recruit killer croc? Or was that all fake
2 Was Joker the only one of the Injustice League unaware that he was a proxy because he stated in season 4 episode 7 that he was the only one out of the loop.
3 Since ma'alefa'ak was aware that Miss Martian knew his hideout. He should have known a counterattack was imminent after his virus bomb failed. Why did ma'alefa'ak remain in his underground hideout and not change location? He was almost captured as a result
4 Does lady shiva have any genuine affection for orphan?
5 Why did the light not consider killing joker after the injustice league incident so that he could not become a nuisance later like he became?
Why did Cheshire free shade? Did he offer her something in return or was she just being nice?
Who made the Glamour Charm for Cassandra Savage?
When did you and Brandon decide Orphan would be the one to (unintentionally) paralyze Barbara? I love these twists on classic comic stories.
Why did Miss Martian seed Garfield back to earth with Superman after Superboy died on mars ?
Dear Mr weisman when orphan first met the bat family did Batman and any of the others forgive her for an unintended tragedy like Bat girl did?
Q1) If someone was involuntarily turned into an animal for a period of time and it wasn't immediately reversible and they needed to use a Zeta Tube - would they be given a C designation while transformed into an animal? Or would the animal form use the untransformed designation?
Q3) Are Tim Drake and Dinah Drake (Lance) related? I'm assuming no, but you've adjusted other character relations, so worth asking.
Q4) With Helga back in Markovia, is anyone acting as Den Mother in the Outsider's penthouse? No need to name names, a yes or no will do.
Q5) Since you have Batwoman as starting in Team Year 6, is one of the reasons she became Batwoman because Batman was unavailable to fight crime in Gotham due to being on trial in space?
Hi greg first thanks a lot for showing how useful Barbara is as oracle, I love her relationship with Dick in YJ I'd really love to see more of their relationship but Im not going to ask for spoilers just about a few things in their past which we didn't get to see
1- when or how did Barbara find out Dick was a dog ? Lol and was she mad at first ?
2- in the tie-in comics we see they have a "friends-with-benefits" kind of relationship, so how long were they in this ?
3- did Barbara date many guys before Dick ?
4- did Barbara and Jason bard meet in the physical therapy ? Was Dick jealous when he first meet bard ?
5- how long it took to Barbara accept to date Dick ? Since she says he wasn't ready for her yet I believe Dick really had to prove he was ready for a serious relationship right ?
Sorry for any mistake english is not my first language, thanks
I have always loved "Bereft" because I enjoyed seeing Wally and Artemis meet again - for the first time! I especially enjoyed the banter between them in this episode. Who was responsible for that - was it you or Nicole? And who came up with the "ninja boyfriend" thing?
Hi Greg, I'm very happy for the new season of Young Justice
I have some questions
1) What does Lex Luthor think about Conner and Megan's wedding?
2) Did Conner or Megan consider inviting Lex to the wedding?
2a) If Lex wasn't invited, would he send him a wedding gift?
3) Why can you reveal Ed's sexual orientation but not Bart's? What is the difference between them?
4) Had Iris and Barry ever planned to tell Don that Bart is his future son? Iris looks very angry when Bart called him "dad"
I really loved when Artemis read the end of "Tale of Two cities" I almost cried, that was beautiful, congratulations to the person who had that idea.
Will you keep pushing tptb to change their minds about the one character that's not allowed to be gay onscreen?
A lot of Beast Boy trauma all began with Queen Bee- killed his mother, and took over his childhood home. From joining the Doom Patrol-The Team- becoming Meta-Human Advocate/Celebrity Actor- and now leader of the Outsiders. Aside from his inspiration to bring justice to the world, is there any personal motivation for bringing justice to Queen Bee for her crimes that motivated Gar to become a hero.
In young justice outsiders episode 12 did the person who sent the google glass to Queen Perdita's hotel room intended for Perdita or Garfield ?
After Superboy die on mars who did Wolf live with ?
1 Cassandra Savage mentioned that Shiva sent manta troopers to confirm that Tigress was the new team leader. Do the manta troopers now work for the league of shadows with black manta in prison?
2 Is rictus male or female?
3 Did black spider have a lot of respect for Cheshire when she was still a shadow? Because he sounds very bitter of her betrayal in season 4 Ep 6
4 Was deathstroke a member of the league of shadows before he became the head of the shadows?
5 Why did the league of shadows choose to operate in Santa prisca?
I know you're not on top of the products and sales, but how come Gargoyles season 2 vol 1 is out of stock everywhere while vol 2 and season 1 are readily available? Same with the Clan-Building comics, even if I want to buy a used version, it says it costs $1000 on amazon. So is there ever going to be a re-release of the products with its resurgence on Disney+?
Why did Black Manta want to destroy the Earth-Mars communications satellite?
How did Dick get Zatanna to design the Glamour Charm?
I really admire you as a story teller, and love that young justice got 4 seasons. I will always be excited for whatever you produce!
How difficult is it to create a completely new character for a show based on someone else's intellectual property? Was it hard to get approval for Green Beetle?
Is Cassandra Savage Brazilian?
How did Amanda Waller plan to keep Clayface in line if he joined the squad? You cannot really use neck implanted explosive dice heâs Clayface and it won it hurt him.
1) I'm really amazed that Artemis has a genuine interest in literature! She always struck me as the kind of person who would rather kick ass than engage in solitary intellectual pursuits. In season one, she shows little interest in reading. She was enrolled in comparative literature in season 2, but that is a major young people often choose when they have no idea what they want to do with their lives.
1) Was Artemis being a reader something that you had imagined pre-season one or is it something that developed over time?
2) Who are Artemis' five favourite living writers? Of any genre?
3) Who are Artemis' five favourite dead/historical writers? Of any genre?
4) Does Artemis dislike Milton? (I ask because I see him as being too elitist for Artemis' personality.)
5) Does Artemis have a specific field or era of interest? The field of comparative literature is rather large.
Will Beast Boys bio suit eventually want to leave like the bio ship? Will his clothes just decide to leave in the middle of a fight?
Hi Greg, I love YJ and have been watching since it first aired on CN, my question is, why did The Reach only abduct teens and no adults? Wouldnât people be less likely to notice or look for missing adults than teens? Thanks even if you canât answer!
How old is the monkey who bit Gar?
Are Floyd and Leroy Bell brothers?
Are they pre-existing comic characters?
why has kaldur always been a pretty emotionless character in YJ was this always apart of his arc?
One of my favorite things about YJ is the way Batman was portrayed in S1. I loved how he was a father figure and a mentor - we rarely get to see that side of him in DC media. We didn't see him much in S2, but I felt like he was emotionally closed off when saying bye to his kids before leaving for Rimbor. And by S3, he feels very cold and distant - especially in the way he talked to Tim in Triptych. I'm wondering if this was a deliberate character choice or if this is just the result of the show changing focus after S1?
Do the members of the light have specific roles in the organization? Or do they just pick any villain that has enough influence?
Why won't Unnamed-Meta-Teen-A-Four-one reveal her name?
Where was Big Barda during the fight between the Furies and the Team?
Why did Terra panic after learning that Gabrielle allowed Jaculi to kill the king and queen?
After the doom patrol was form did the doom patrol ever work with the justice league or the team on a mission in young justice timeline if not why not ?
1. How does Ollie afford to maintain so many equipment stashes in Star City (and possibly abroad as well) if heâs broke? He mentioned that if the vault was compromised it would be âno huge lossâ
2. Are Dinah and Roy close?
3. How close are Tigress and Arsenal?
4. Does Jim live in Geranium City or Star City?
Why did Garfield choose not listen to what Queen Perdita had to say after Garfield watch Brion's speech in young justice episode Artemis through the looking glass ? Did Garfield return to earth from mars on bioship baby or on Javelin after Superdoy died on mars?
Just so that I can understand this correctly, the Justice League and the Team will never know that Ocean-Master had been killed by Lady Shiva and they probably think he still out there somewhere after getting out of prison in Atlantis (in which I assume that he had escaped in secret without anyone noticing)?
In the Young Justice Wiki, Gretchen Goode's designation in The Light was confirmed to be L-11. But you've recently said in a response posting that this is now Ultra-Humanite's designation in The Light. Is this actually true, or is Ultra-Humanite's designation is supposed to be L-12 and Zviad Baazovi's designation is supposed to be L-13? The next question I want to ask is why The Brain is no longer a member of The Light? Finally, my last question is why was Black Manta expelled from the Light?
When did Leslie Wills become Livewire?
When did Andie become Mist?
When did Lia Briggs become Looker?
When did Tula become Aquagirl?
When did Cassandra Sandsmark become Wonder Girl?
When did Artemis and Wally get Brucely?
How did Lucas Carr become associated with the Team?
Why is Scarab incompatible with boom tubes and Apokoliptan tech?
How did Jim learn he was a clone?
What did Superboy mean when he said he could "relate" to Appellaxian husk wanting to "end its pain?"
How is Icon familiar with intergalactic law?
I could've sworn I had asked this question before, but I can't find it in the archives, sooo....
Lian originally made-up the name "Auntie Mouse", her nickname for Artemis, because as an infant she couldn't pronounce Artemis correctly, right? Was that your idea?
Does the Term Princes All the first episode of season 3 happen to be some kind of literary reference because I always found this phrasing a little unusual, so does this term have some deeper significance or was it just an arbitrary choice.
1. Was Nightwing aware of the fact that M'gann was putting people in a catatonic state before Conner told him she fried Kaldur's brain? Or was he oblivious to it.
1: Were mammoth and shimmer recruited to the kobra cult because they were twins? Or was that just a out of universe decision on your part due to kobra connection to twins?
2: How does Shimmer feel about mammoth transformation?
3: How long were they members of the cult?
3b: Did they leave the cult over his transformation or did they remain members?
4: How long has the current incarnation of suicide squad been operating?
4b: Is it the first incarnation of tast force x?
5: Was rick flag jr's father a member of the original task force x/suicide squad?
When were Ra's and Sensei deposed by Deathstroke and Lady Shiva?
Is there a Zeta tube on Themiscyra?
It looks as though the version of "Drop-Zone" that has the incorrect timestamps is the one on HBO Max. Do you think that HBO Max will replace it with the correct version if asked to do so? I wonder if it might takes the fans and the creators (both asking HBO Max) to make that happen.
I had a question about Red Tornado in S1E19 (Misplaced). What was it about Red Tornado that made him end up in the adult version of the world? Does the spell work so that beings irrespective of biology >18 earth years end up in the adult world?
Additionally, was the spell localized to just earth?
(Thank you for all your work! LOVING Phantoms by the way)
1) When did Wesley Dodds become Sandman?
2) When did Al Pratt become the Atom?
3) When did Rex Tyler become Hourman?
4) When did Charles McNider become Doctor Mid-Nite?
5) When did the Dragon King become a supervillain?
My father and I recently started watching "Young Justice" and are enjoying it greatly.
I have a few questions:
1. I love the realistic depiction of powers; I do, however, have some questions about the Martians. I am a bit confused as to why Ms. Martian doesn't telepathically blast all her enemies at various points in the show--or why she doesn't telekinetically repel or control them all, similarly to how Parasite controlled Superboy. When fighting Slade on the Manta submarine, could she not, regardless of whether or not it would be advantageous, not force him to fall asleep or smash him repeatedly against a wall?
2. On a similar note, how do Rocket's powers exactly work? Could she defeat nearly anyone in a fight by enclosing them in a bubble (Superman, Batman, etc)? Obviously, the trick is to combat her with multiple opponents.
3. Is there a character who is considered the most central to the show; and why was the cast expanded so much in subsequent seasons?
Please continue the good work.
On occasions when you say "NO SPOILERS" in response postings, is that your way of saying, "Some questions have a way of answering themselves if you wait and observe"?
In regards to the end credits scene in which Superman was talking to Lois on the phone, I wonder how long it took for him to eventually realize that he would go back to Earth WITHOUT his shoes and if he'd be embarrassed by the late realization?
With Superman and Lois Lane's marriage, that means Superboy is Lois' brother-in-law and Jonathan's uncle, correct? And that also means Jonathan and Martha Kent are Lois' father-in-law and mother-in-law too, correct?
My Question is more logistical. I am curious of the process of V.A.s specifically of Star Trek association.
I have been waiting on some actors to appear, but assume some are too expensive. For example I believe that you reached out to Patrick Stewart for a past project and that aforementioned issue left him unaffordable for your desire. I look at others who I haven't expected to see appearing animation projects i.e. K. Mulgrew reprising Captain Janeway.
As a Teekkie myself, I have been hoping more actors show up. One I've been hoping is Erick Avari who has such a unique voice. I also assume the legendary George Takei is practically off limits. Your thoughts, and are you open to the NEW series of Trek actors?
How were auditioned done for season four? Was any done during the lock down?
Who suggested Logan Browning for Onyx? She's so good!
1. If Roy asks Ollie to get rid of his goatee, will Ollie do it?
2. Do the members of Arrow family like the chili Ollie make?
3. Are Dinah and Babara good friends?
4. What was Green Arrow doing in Season 3, he let Arrowette work with the Bat Team but what was he doing in the season?
5. In the very first episode, why would Green Arrow tell Red Arrow (still speedy at that time) the Hall of Justice isn't the real base instead the watchtower is?
The second arc is titled after works of literature... because Artemis is a lit professor.
The third arc is titled after backwards spells... because Zatanna.
But what are the first arc episodes titled after? I can't see the connection between the titles and the main players.
Hi Greg! I'm such a big fan of you and the spectacular team's take on Spider-Man. I grew up with Spectacular, (and young justice!) and it came back as a big inspiration in my life as an artist and writer after insomniacs fantastic games and rereading the classic comics from when I was a kid. You have created my favorite versions of these characters by modernizing them and giving them that classic feel in ways that blow my mind. Im a pretty classic spidey fan (i love lee/ditko/romita) despite being in my teens and I value cohesion like your take did. I have a question however from an aspiring writer to a professional;
If I think that a version long passed (yours) was the best version of something, what can I do to personally find a way to make my own take, despite having a similar mindset? Should I be afraid to be similar?
I would really value your opinion and again, thanks for your fantastic and inspiring work. Really hoping to see more of your stuff!
Which misconceptions about Captain Atom and his supporting cast annoy you the most?
I have a couple of YJ time travel related questions that may or may not run afoul of being spoilers.
1. When Neutron changed to being healthy and not having a collar at the end of 2x06, did he get the memories that he would have had in the new reality Bart created when he asked why it didn't all change? Or will he get those memories over time?
2. Why was he there in that moment? What reason would he have for being there if him sending Bart back was no longer necessary? Or does time travel work in the sense that it only takes hold from the moment someone travelled back from?
3. Was that new future itself transitive, ie did it result from only what Bart changed so far (as of the end of 2x06) and not take in what Bart would change later in the season? Or was the destroyed Mount Justice a direct sign that it didn't, as that happened later in 2x09?
4. This will probably get no spoilers, but if its the latter from Q3 and the destroyed Mount Justice is from 2x09, then does that mean that Neutron's judgement that nothing else changed could be (not is) wrong?
5. Once again, this will likely get no spoilers, but in the future that Bart is from can we assume the Light lost somehow against the Reach?
Thanks so much
I'm wondering why Robin is on the Outsiders when the rest of the batfam/his former squad is on the Team? I'm guessing Robin is the only bat protege known to the public, but I'd think Tim's skills would be more useful on the covert team.
Why is Desaad supplying Intergang with Apokoliptan and Genesisisan technology?
When Martian Manhunter said that he knows that Batman knows that trauma tends to linger, does that mean that he knows about Batman's past?
How big was Demonaâs Clan by the Battle of Rathveramoen?
Hi Greg! First of all, I love Young Justice dearly; itâs such a nostalgic show with an incredible rewatch value too. Needless to say, Iâm watching season 4 with the same interest as I did back when I was a kid. Hot me totally hooked up. But I also have 3 questions about the current season:
1. In this weekâs episode, Artemis is in the park waiting for her sis, an Â«international assassinÂ Â» and her boyfriend asks her Â«Â Oh is he a handsome international assassin?Â Â» to which she answers Â«Â Who says itâs an he?Â Â» which is followed up by his Â«Â Strangely, Iâm even more jealous nowÂ Â». Is this some kind of confirmation for a bisexual Artemis?
2. For how long did Dick live with Bruce before leaving and getting his own apartment? And does Bruce send him like... monthly support money too or something?
3. Would you say Jason Toddâs death happened before the Chalant break up or after or is it too spoilery of you to tell?
Do characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam/Captain Marvel have genuine super-speed (e.g. the ability to perform actions at super-speed, superhuman reflexes ... etc.) like the Flashes? Or, do they just fly and run at great speeds?
A. Who trained Arsenal to use the katana?
A1. Can Arsenal still use his bow and arrow?
B. How good is Arrowette compared to Arsenal?
C. Why does Tigress call Arrowette and Arsenal to the library instead of Green Arrow or Black Canary?
D. Does the Arrowfam have family dinners?
E. Is Jim Harper friendly with Ollie?
F. Since Red Arrow didnât take the news of Artemis becoming GAs new sidekick very well, was it the same case when it came to Arsenal when Arrowette became new sidekick to GA?
I have a few questions about Demona one of my favorite characters in the show and the one I pity most.
1) How much money does Demona have?
2) Does she know Thailog is still alive by hunters moon?
3) What is her position in Nightstone Unlimited before and after Thailogâs betrayal?
4) What was her real reaction to learning who Angela was?
In "Rescue Op" Barbara's computer finds a match for something which she considers "intriguing". What was it?
Within Earth 16 is it possible for one to be both a metahuman and a proficient magic user? Almost everyone so far seem to be one or the other.
1. Within the universe of Earth 16 can magic users simply cast spells to replicate some of the powers that metahumans and aliens have, even if in a limited capacity? I.e. someone using magic to levitate someone or create fire to achieve the same effects that a telekinetic or a metahuman with fire based powers have.
2. Can human magic users and Martian magic users learn and use each other's magics? Like Sâyraa Sâmitt using Zatanna's backwards incantations?
1. How do Garfield's powers register new species for him to shapeshift into? What's stopping him from taking say a Martian's, a Kryptonian's, or a Bioship's form?
2. Is there any particular reason why Martians only have one nation and not hundreds like humans have on Earth?
3. Was Paula Nguyen and/or her family (asking about her family from before she married Crusher) displaced by the US's imperialist actions in Vietnam?
1. Is Cluemaster's name Arthur Brown?
2. Is Stephanie Brown's mothers name Crystal Brown?
3. This will 99% get no spoilers, but I'll try, is orphan's father David Cain?
Hi, wanted to say that I'm a big fan of YJ!
My questions mostly relate to season 3 continuity stuff, specifically the whole Batman reading Slade's micro expressions thing, and more specifically Atremis's knowledge of it.
She said that "we" have known since before they found her, implying that Nightwing/Batman told her what batman had seen. Does that mean that she was aware of the whole anti-light thing too, and if so was she made aware specifically because of that reason? (since she didn't know that Nightwing was talking to Oracle in the first episode, I assume she wasn't aware of it at that time, and since she's never named among the conspirators). Also, if she didn't know, did she just get told that Tara is a mole because Batman saw Slade's micro expressions so without asking why Batman was involved with Tara in the first place? And where was she during the episode where Jefferson basically blew the lid on the whole plot? I assume that if she wasn't already fully aware of the whole plot, she was made so before the full reveal to the rest of the team and league at the end of the season?
Sorry for the long paragraph, I just have been unsure on the depth and duration of Artemis' knowledge of the whole anti-light thing for a while.
1) When did Fire become a superheroine on Earth-16?
2) When did Magog become a superhero on Earth-16?
3) When did Steel become a superhero on Earth-16?
4) When did Wildcat become a superhero on Earth-16?
5) When did Dinah Drake become a superheroine on Earth-16?
Why is Barbara going by "Oracle" now?
When Will asks Dick who he's here to recruit this time, who did Dick recruit the other time and for what?
When did John Henry Irons become Steel?
When Jaculi murdered the king and queen was there a control chip on him?
When was Gabrielle Doue hired at the palace?
Happy to see Black Spider back in action in the latest season of Young Justice. Given how his skill set is so different from the comic Black Spider, who's idea was it to make the show's incarnation Peter Parker's evil twin? With how similar Black Spider is to Spectacular Spider-Man, even sharing the same voice actor, did any of the higher ups attempt to stop the character's creation in fear of upsetting some lawyers?
Is Rictus male or female?
How hard is it to clean up Black Spider's webs?
Hey Greg I'm a big fan of how the Martian race is depicted in YJ that they have a less human looking natural form, that they have less shared powers with Kryptonians and the world building for them.
1) If it's not a spoiler request when between seasons did Conner and Gar first meet M'gann's folks?
2) Did J'onn meet M'aatt before he got sent to Earth or after he first came back to Mars?
3) I couldn't help but notice how excited M'aatt looked when he spoke about building an alter with Conner. Am I right in guessing this was either the first time he got to do so or he didn't get to do this for a lot of his G'arrunn kids?
4)I'm admittedly not the most well read individual but I know enough pop culture to tell you guys drew on a lot of different inspirations for the Martian race and culture. What were the main influences?
5) Did M'gann have any other default forms between seasons before settling on the one in Phantoms?
Is Looker Scottish or Irish? It sounds as though she has a Celtic accent, but I can't place which one it is (sorry)!
In Outsiders, was it your intention for Khary's voicing of Amistad to be comedic?
Is the Vault the same place that Roy raided in "Satisfaction"?
1. In the latest episode, "Artemis Through the Looking Glass", it appears as though El Dorado has the designation D-07. Since he was never a member of the Team, did he ever have a B-designation?
2. Since Cyborg was never a member of the Team, did he ever have a B-designation?
3. Regarding the D-designations (for the Outsiders), were these created/implemented immediately after that squad was formed (December of Team Year Eight)? Or was it a while before they came up with the idea to have their own group of designations with their own assigned letter?
Was Roy father a ranger?
How old is Will Everett aka Amazing Man?
How old is Holly the dog?
How old is Rictus?
Is it safe to say that there's a lot of terrible parenting associated with the Light and/or the League of Shadows?
So In Overwhelmed when Robin and Kid Flash are using the word "Ject"(They use this after using ejected,subjected,rejected) would it mean the same as the Latin word ject meaning throw or is there some other Wordplay I am missing.
Just Some Thoughts and Questions on Artemis Through The Looking Glass.
1. The ending excerpt about Trust and Belief from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There was just perfection, I am really loving these Literature themed episodes.
2. What made you guys decide on the Amazing-Man and Onyx connection, If my Knowledge is correct I think this purely an Earth-16 thing.
3. Jade was referencing Wally right with the whole talk about how things have been difficult and Second Chances?
4. I love how Artemis is still trying to convince Jade to comeback and segues to it so easily every time.
5. I like how you guys continue to show Beast Boy going through trauma and not simply finishing that problem within 20 minutes.
6. One thing that seems odd to me Jade is worried about the Contract that the League of Shadows put on her for betraying them to save Red Arrow, But Red Arrow was also a member of the Shadows so why isn't he concerned about having a contract on him.
7. The photo That Will put up on the Wall taken just before the events of Usual Suspects right?
Do any of the 'fictional cities', such as Gotham, Metropolis, and Dakota, have major sports teams? Such cities in fiction are often shown with their own hockey, baseball, basketball, or American Football teams and I'm curious if you ever thought of that.
If they do exist, are the respective sports league larger or do they replace an existing team?
I've never seen this answered before, but the votes in Agendas, how did they line up?
I've always been curious how close, say, Dr. Fate and Billy B were to being expelled, or how far say, Rocket was from league membership.
(If that level of exacts is too much, be free to just specify who was close and who was a blow out one way or another)
I know that of the stuff we don't get shown in Eps 25 that Blue Devil apparently did get nominated but turned the invitation down, but I'm curious on more. That scene's always one that has stuck around with fans and is endlessly fascinating.
Hello, first i'd like to say i'm a huge fan. Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice of course lol. On the reddit Q&A someone asked if J'onn knew that M'Gann mind fried the Krolotean he was interrogating, and you answered yes. But i'd like to ask whether or not he said anything to her about what she had done afterwards? because when he left earth for his trial on rimbor all seemed well between them when they said their goodbyes.
Thanks for your time.
I've got some questions about "Triptych."
What did Shade do to Stagg?
What is the "meta-human fail safe" really for?
What "significant incentive" did Cheshire receive to release Shade?
Did Dr. Stone ever figure out the Reach device?
Since Onyx and Cassandra Savage were both present in the Vault at the end of "Tale of Two Sisters", were they given A-designations?
I was wondering, what do you do in your spare time? I've seen that you read comics and watch some shows, but does it ever get tiring for you, with you being a show writer and creator?
I have only one question. Now I have a pretty good idea what was said, but after all this time I just want official confirmation. When Wally was finally told about Miss Martian and Superboy's relationship what exactly did Artemis whisper in his ear when she told him. Word for Word please.
Where was the real Orion while M'comm was impersonating him?
Is Eduardo Dorado Jr. out to his father? If so, what team year did he come out?
When episodes from seasons 3 and 4 air on television in Canada (or other non-streaming locations around the world), do you get to decide when commercial breaks are inserted or is that decision made by the broadcaster?
(PSA: I hope all my fellow Canadian Young Justice fans are remembering to support Season 4 on Teletoon every Sunday!)
So how exactly did you wind up doing additional voices for the Square Enix game "The Last Remnant"?
How long has Iris been hosting the get-togethers of heroes and their kids?
Does Lobo live on Rimbor?
Has he fought the League before?
Did he attend the six Leaguers' trial?
How did Queen Bee know that he failed to kill Forager?
I've got some questions about membership.
Are Lia Briggs and Livewire on the Outsiders?
When did Robin and Windfall join the Outsiders?
Is Mist on the Team?
When was K'rii St'ferr born?
1. How old is Hart?
2. How old is Hauser?
3. How old is Jeremiah?
4. How old is John Smith?
5. How old is Karen?
Some questions about living arrangements!
1. Does Tara still live at the Premiere Building, and does Gregor live there too, or did they move out after she was put in his custody?
2. Did Paula move out to Star City?
3. If so, has she moved into Artemis and Will's home, or does she live nearby? It seems like she was there rather later
4. Did Artemis move in with Will before or after Jade left?
5. Does the Premiere Building have secret entrances and exits? If it's public record Garfield lives there, or owns the building, then I'd expect paparazzi to always be hanging around the building - and if any of the more distinctive members of the Outsiders were seen leaving the place, it seems like everyone would put together that they live there quickly (and would get suspicious of Team members too)
1: was henry heywood high school named after a former hero?
1b: what was his codename if thats the case?
2: Did the original roy never meet his fellow sidekicks before being taken by the light? THe timeline in the young justice wiki said they all debut besides robin after he was taken
3: Why did you decide to have artemis and her family live in gotham? im pretty sure they don't have any gotham tiies in the comics.
4: Dd you decide to make artemis asian before or after you decide chesire was her sister? How did you come up with the idea of them being related?
5: Does kon-el have a meaning in krypton's langue? or is it a translation of connor?
5b: What does it mean if it does have a meaning
1 Did the light pick ultra humanite because he worked with the Brain before and had similar abilities
2 Does the light currently have candidates in place if one of their members gets captured or leaves?
3 Are the heroes aware that the light knows (at least some) of the heroes secret identities
4 Do ultra humanite and deathstroke genuinely agree with the light goals or did they only join for the power and influence they would get from it
5 During young justice season 3 episode 15 when Artemis scanned task force x one of the things that was shown was that black manta was the strategist for the light. Was this an actual role he had when he was still with the light?
1: Why did you avoid using the classic green oracle face in outsiders?
2: what exactly did Cadmus use to create the 6 type of genomorphs that weren't clones?
3: Who taught kent nelson how to use magic without the helmet? was it nabu?
4: When did shade gain his power?
5: Was shade a foe of the justice society?
1:You made clear in the past how you feel about the Speed Force, what is your personal opinion on other cosmic sources of power like the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, or Elemental Forces such as the Green or the Red? Obviously I am not asking about their status on Earth 16.
2:Can Beast Boy transform into animals not native to the planet he is on? As in could he turn into something like a monkey on Mars or into a Ma'alefa'ak on Earth?
Is there a reason people wear the same civilian clothes every day? (I know this is for budgetary reasons for most animation but considering how much thought goes into this world, I figured I'd if there's an in-universe reason)
Are people actually wearing the same clothes every day? Or are we, the audience, just seeing a false version of their clothing? If they are wearing the same clothes every day, do they have multiple identical articles of clothing?
Regardless of all of the above, how many Superman t-shirts does Conner have? If it's just the one, how many times a week does he wash it?
Will Damian Wayne be drawn with Arabic features? He's always drawn and colored as if he's white in other mediums, but has such an important heritage. Wayne Family Adventures is the only one I can think of that shows this accurately.
Was Garfield Logan at Rita's wedding to Steve and if not why not in timeline of young justice ?
Who thought of Psimon and Devastation?
Hello, Greg! I have some questions regarding the super-playdate we saw in the Home Fires episode of YJ: Outsiders.
1. How did Mera, Artur, Lois, Jonny, and co. arrive at the West-Allen home? I believe you answered in a previous question that they used zeta tubes, but how did they get from said-zeta tube to the house? Does Mera know how to drive? Did they Uber? Establishing shots didn't show any parked cars around the house, so I'm curious how everyone arrived.
2. How did Ocean-Master know the playdate would be happening on that day? It's clear from his set-up in the adjacent house that he's been keeping an eye on the West-Allen house for a while, but can the same be said for all the attendees? How did he know the playdate would be at that house instead of, say, Will's?
3. I loved seeing how much resemblance the kids have to their parents (Artur to Orin, Don to Barry, Dawn to Iris and Barry, Jonny to Clark), and it reminded me of a question asked long ago (I believe to Jerome K. Moore, but it might've been Phil Bourassa) about the decision to have Lian have red hair instead of the black despite being a fourth-Vietnamese. Did the character artists decide how much resemblance each youngster would have to their parent, or did you and Brandon have that worked out beforehand? For example, did you plan on Don being an adorable mini-Barry or was that the artist's decision? Moving forward to Phantoms, was the same line of thinking applied to Damian as shown in Episode 5's Tale of Two Sisters?
4. In the episode, Will shows relief when John arrives with Traya as he's another father in a sea of mothers. Is this to imply that Barry, Jeff, Orin, and Clark are often too busy with League business to attend the playdates? Or was that mainly in reference to THAT specific playdate?
5. Was there a reason Mal didn't join Karen at the playdate? This one could very well be a spoiler request, but it did strike me as odd considering Karen's eagerness to join the playdate club.
Anyways, thank you in advance! This was one of my favorite episodes of the season and I'm thoroughly loving Phantoms! I hope you're enjoying your day!
This is more a thought than an all-out question.
In Season One, we see Goliath reading in the libraries at both Castle Wyvern (after the gargoyles' re-awakening) and the public library adjoining the clock tower. We know, also, that he'd been reading the classics (Shakespeare and Dostoyevsky, specifically).
In the archives, you offered a list of a few major "classics" writers: Shakespeare, Homer, Cervantes, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, William Faulkner, and Ernest Hemingway. As I looked over that list, I noticed that all of those writers, except Homer, lived after the Wyvern Massacre, meaning that Goliath first had the opportunity to read them after he re-awakened. (Furthermore, I've read that Homer's writings were unavailable in western Europe during medieval times - even Dante, when mentioning him as one of the great poets of classical antiquity in the "Inferno", knew him only by reputation - so Goliath most likely wouldn't have had the opportunity to read the Iliad and the Odyssey before the thousand-year sleep.) It gives a strong sense of just how much of world literature he'd be encountering for the first time. (Not to mention, as I remarked once, that the size of those libraries in both the castle and adjoining the clock tower must have seemed miraculous by tenth century standards, thanks to the printing press.)
I've also reflected that some of those classics must have presented worlds as initially foreign to Goliath as modern-day Manhattan. Homer and Shakespeare's writings would have probably presented a reasonably familiar environment, but the more relatively recent authors would have been another matter (the world depicted in Jane Austen's works would have seemed, indeed, very different from Manhattan as well as from tenth century Scotland)
For that matter, since you included Thomas Hardy on the list, I wonder what Goliath would have made of the cameo of an architectural gargoyle in "Far From the Madding Crowd", if he'd read that one....
I don't exactly know the timeline here so I could be way off, but was it ever considered to have Young Justice: Outsiders air on Adult Swim in the same vein as the 5th season of Samurai Jack?
Do Bio-Ships have actual names and they're just not able to really be expressed to non-Bio-Ships in any way that makes sense, or are they all nameless like Gargoyles as a result of being a sort of hivemind?
So is Delphis a name she was christened with in Atlantis or is it her original name, I ask because Delphis doesn't seem to be an Indian Name.
Was the first arc of "Phantoms" on Mars at all inspired by Alfred Bester's novel, "THE DEMOLISHED MAN". The entire premise of that book is a society where everyone is a telepath and how one gets away with murder. It was also the first Hugo Award winner way back in 1953.
Hi, Greg! Hope the final stretch of PHANTOMS production is going as well as can be. I'm absolutely loving the episodes so far!
I had a quick question after watching "Tale of Two Sisters" for the fifth time though, as I realized that this is the second episode in S3/S4 where we've seen Paula Crock visiting Will and Artemis's house in Star City. Last we saw, she lived in Gotham.
If it's not too spoilery, I was wondering if:
A. Paula lives in Star City now?
B. Paula has an A-designation? (Not asking for what it is, just if she has one.)
C. Paula simply takes the occasional cross-country flight to visit her daughter?
1 Does the organization B.I.F actually exist in the young justice universe or was that something lex luthor entirely made up for defaming the outsiders?
2 Is metron just wearing makeup or is that his natural skin?
What is Vandal Savage's history with Flash?
How old is Henchy?
Is Henchy his real name?
Why did the Justice Society of America disband?
I've got some questions about "Image."
Why does Queen Bee want to unit Qurac and Bialya?
What was Aqualad doing with Aquaman?
Where were Artemis and Zatanna?
In young justice season 4 episode Volatile superboy and beast boy hug and superboy calls beast boy brother. Why and when did Superboy start viewing Beast Boy as a brother ?
How old are Don and Dawn Allen?
Why did Chad Lowe replace his brother as the voice of Captain Marvel?
Why did the Ocean-Master attack Aquaman in the flashback in Downtime and what happened to him after he was defeated?
When did Guy Gardner join the Justice League?
When did David Reid become Magog?
When did Magog join the Justice League?
What was Robin doing with Batman in Insecurity?
How does Klarion know the four sorcerers in his "old band"?
Hello, Greg. Before I ask my question, I'd like to pay my respects to how Spectacular Spider-Man turned out. I watched it when I was in school and after watching it as an adult, I can say that it was really spectacular.
However, one thing that saddened me as a kid and broke my heart as an adult was how unfairly Peter treated Liz Allan. It was sad, but what saddened me more was that we unfortunately never found out how these events would have affected Liz further, because I think this is a very interesting character whose development and changes I enjoyed watching, and I don't remember anyone having thought that deeply about this character.
My question is this: did you have plans to develop this character in other seasons and how do you yourself feel about Liz?
I'd love to hear your answer.
Does Artemis work in Royal University, Star City?
1. How rich is Oliver Queen after losing his fortune on Earth 16? Heâs got to have a lot of money to maintain a number of equipment stashes in Star City (and abroad), as well as to pay for his and presumably Arsenals and Arrowettes arrows and other weapons.
2. Does Ollie still drive that hybrid car from the Green Arrow short?
2a. Is it the same car that we saw Artemis driving in Tale of Two Sisters?
3. What is Ollie and Dinahs relationship like right now?
Summit is easily one of my favourite episodes of Young Justice's second season, in part because it shows perhaps the single most unambiguous victory by the Team over the Light. Even Vandal Savage admits it is the biggest blow to his plans in his long lifetime.
However, now having seen Season 3, it is somewhat unclear how much of a real impact that victory actually had. The Light wanted a way to weaponise and exploit the metagene, and they got it. They got control of the Warworld. They were already (secretly) acting against the Reach, indicating that their partnership would be short-lived even without the Team's interference. Some members of the Light were apprehended, but the remaing members carried on and replaced them.
I was wondering if you could perhaps say a little about what the Light lost as a result of the Team's actions. Was there more they wanted from the Reach that they did not get?
In the Gargoyles meets Spectacular Spider-Man meets Young Justice Radio Play, Artemis refers to leaving Roy to watch Lian and JW. You once remarked about accidentally including a spoiler in the play, and I assumed the existence of JW was that spoiler, but now we're past season three and into season four with no sign of a JW.
1) Was JW the spoiler you had mentioned?
2) Did your plans regarding JW change by the time the show was back in production?
3) If your plans did change, could you tell us about JW and the original plan?
Is Traci Zatanna`s first protÃ©gÃ©?
Hiya Greg! Hope all is continuing to keep well.
I've been having a discussion about Coyote (the robot) with a handful of other fans, specifically regarding his relative level of sentience.
While I know you've addressed the subject in the past (here for example: https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=2219), the specific question I have is sort of tied up in the distinction between sapience and sentience, which often get conflated in pop culture thanks to sources like STAR TREK.
Basically (and apologies if I'm explaining something you're already aware of) sapience is what we might popularly think of as "human-like intelligence" - the ability to think, reason, and philosophize. Based on everything you've said on the subject in the past, I think it's fair to conclude that none of the first 5 iterations of the Coyote robot rise to the level of genuine sapience (at least, not yet).
Whereas sentience is simply the quality of an entity being self-aware of itself as a discrete being. A good rule of thumb is the "mirror test" - a sentient being is able to look at itself in the mirror and recognize "yes, that is me." To have a concept of "me" in general. Gorillas, octopuses, and (I would presume) gargoyle beasts are sentient but not sapient.
Going by the definition above, which would be the first Coyote robot between 1.0 and 5.0 (if any of them) that would be able to pass the "mirror test"?
Apologies if this question is somewhat nitpicky, just feels like the easiest way to settle the discussion since the queue happens to be open now, LOL.
Mahalo nui loa, Greg!
On 2016, a fan commented on Twitter âI also wanted to see more of Nightwing and Zatanna " and you replied âwho doesnât ? !â .
1. Were you foreshadowing that weâll see more of dick and Zee in the show ?
2. What is your opinion today about dick and Zee together as a couple ?
Hi Greg, I'm not anticipating a lot of Wonder focus this season given the arc structure, so thought this would be the best batch to try for now in a way that shouldn't spoil anything upcoming by the time things get answered.
1) Youâve said that Amazons donât age while theyâre on Themyscira before, https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=17241 would this apply to non-Amazon women who live there as well?
2) You have given a chronological and biological age for Troia, but only an unspecified (but presumably chronological) age for Diana as of S1 and for Devastation. I was curious if you would give biological ages for Diana and Devastation for the two.
3) You have stated that a part of the reason for the Amazons enhanced abilities (in general, not for the Special Ones), is partly due to the Purple Healing Ray. I was curious if it was technological or mystical in nature?
4) Themyscira is represented as an entity by the UN - but we also see that Atlantis which we know to be composed of several kingdoms/city states and described as a continent is represented as an (apparently) single seat. I was wondering if Themyscira; as represented by the UN, composed of additional islands or settles, and if so if the protection from aging extends to these islands.
Two of those sort of push the limit of being one question, so I'll refrain from asking a fifth. I find the differences that exist within Earth-16s portrayal of its entities (even those not in focus) to be fascinating and was just hoping for a few additional details that I don't think would constitute a spoiler so much as logistics. Thankyou very much for a beautiful world beyond the show.
As a long time fan of the original WITCH comic, I will admit that it took me a while to deal with the animated series, because so much was changed in Season 1. Then Season 2 happened and it not only became more like the comics, it got me to enjoy the animationâs take on the girls a whole lot better than the first season. Thank you for bringing a whole new kind of WITCH to life :)
And, of course, as being on this site implies, I have questions, but I donât want to ask them all in one sitting, as that would be too much and some have already been asked by others, so Iâll pace myself.
So, for the first question, Iâll start with something small: you mentioned that a new member would join the team during the Season 3 that never was, like in the comics. Just to clarify, are you talking about Orube?
1. When did Barbara Gordon debut as Batgirl?
2. When did Karen Beecher debut as Bumblebee?
3. When did La'gaan debut as Lagoon Boy?
4. When did Garfield Logan debut as Beast Boy?
When (in terms of which Team Year) did Cissie King-Jones debut as Arrowette?
1. When did Batgirl join the Team?
2. When did Bumblebee join the Team?
3. When did Lagoon Boy join the Team?
4. When did Beast Boy join the Team?
Can Proteus shapeshift into anything he wants, or is he limited to creatures he has seen?
So if Helga is German:1.How long has she been living in Markovia?
2.Why did she come to Markovia?
Is Cyborg part of the Justice League now? Or is he still affiliated with the Outsiders?
Is YJ's version of Mist based on Nash Nimbus? If not, could you tell us her civilian identity? And going off "Tale of Two Sisters", is she a member of the Team now?
1. Did Wendy Harris and Marvin White ever clue into the fact that the public hero Superboy was their old classmate?
2. As someone who absolutely adored Kelly Stables' work in W.I.T.C.H., I'm very happy that you roped her in to voice Cissie. Thanks.
3. I noticed that you gave Orphan a Z-designation, but not a B-designation. Was she even a formal member of the team when Season 3 started?
We know Barbara was in love Dick since se was 13 or maybe even before lol.
But when did Dick feel in love with Barbara?
I mean probably not in season 1 since he only had eyes for Zatanna at that time.
And not in season 2 neither since he barely had any interaction with Barbara in that season.
So I guess it was during the 2 years time skip between season 2 and season 3.
Am I right ?
During the times Rita did not let Garfield go on missions with doom patrol did he stay by himself or was he with most of the times with Miss Martian ?
Was Eddie Corliss the kid with a mouche among the kidnapped teens in "Before the Dawn"?
Was Stephanie captured by the Reach because she ran away from her villainous father?
Will was wearing his Red Arrow costume in episode 5 of Phantoms. Was that a one time thing again like in "Private Security" or is he fully back as RA?
Why did the light make klarion one of their inner members. Could he not just have remained a partner/associate of the light and give his seat to somebody more stable and more in line with their goals?
1: Is Zviad Baazovi from markovia? He was a soviet originally in the comics.
2: How many lords of chaos and order are there usually at a time?
3: Why did Wonder Woman return to man's world after returning home following world war 2?
4: Was John smith/red tornado Connor's legal guardian? I remember seeing that here but i couldn't find it in the archives
4b: Did anyone else took over for torando like ma and pa kent?
5: If Tornado was Connor's legal guardian, does Connor view as a father and by extension Traya as a sister?
1: Was sensei using Rako's sword during season 3? Or was it a sword made in a similar matter?
2: Are mallah and brain a couple? I saw you didn't answer this before which I'm guessing you didn't since you didn't want them to be the first gay couple in YJ. I always thought that was weird but it fit the vibe and strangeness of the doom patrol plus we have other gay and bi characters in young justice now, so as a gay guy I wouldn't be offend but who knows about who else.
4: Was Ultra-Humanite a enemey of the justice society or all-star squadron? He was born in 1918 afterall.
5: Is queen bee's name beatriz? Something else?
5b: Would beatriz be her sister then?
1: How was Ocean master/Orm related to Orin/Aquaman? Were they full brothers or half brothers?
2: Who were orm's parents?
3:What's Ra's al ghul ethnicity? It's always been vague in the comics and with most of his designs.
4: What is Sensei"s full name?
By the time of young justice season 3 or season 4 does roy harper (arsenal) view his two clones as his brothers ?
Question 1 In young justice universe what state of the united states of america was the doom patrol HQ BASE in ? Question 2 Did Paul Sloane knew Rita was Elsti-girl in young justice universe ?
In young justice phantoms episode 5 At night when the league shadows attack Tigress and the others in the street why the people in the surrounding buildings not call the police and if the people inside the buildings did call the police why did the police not arrive in time of the fight in the street ?
When Batman took to forming 'Batman Incorporated' during S3, did he have a selection criteria with his team? I kind of noticed his initial wave was mostly non-powered heroes and the former criminal Plastic Man, which seems to imply at least part of his thinking was 'how do I minimize anti-metahuman reactions'.
Were there any heroes he approached who declined but agreed to keep quiet about it?
As Metamorpho was not listed by the U.N, he was not a League member right? If he was not a league member, was there a reason for it?
(I assume that asking 'is he one now' is SPOILER, unless this gets answered after that is revealed)
Unrelated to the last one and thought I'd ask.
Are/were there any other series, beside Scooby Doo, that you explored/are curious about crossing into YJ from beyond DC (I assume if you are, say, in talks for Ben 10 x Young Justice you can't say)
Not sure how the legalese of that question works, as sometimes it feels like rights get lost in WB sometimes.
This is something I was wondering about when thinking about S3 of YJ, where the League and heroes seems to be in a more stable popularity position than in S2, for example, though not as popular as they were in S1, but is the Justice League more popular in, for lack of a better way of putting it, free and moral countries?
...There is no better way of putting it than that. Biyalia is ruled by Queen Bee. Rhelesia's ambassador is a Wildstorm villain and was united by The Light, the African country has a Birds of Prey villain as dictator, and Russia...well regardless of how you see it I think 'the Superman is American' is a phrase.
These countries are where distrust of the League seems most prominent, which seems like that Lex was basically able to use a combination of countries who don't want stronger people overthrowing them (the dicatorships), and/or those who don't really like America (Russia) to hamper the League. If this distrust was widespread, IDK, I feel like there would be a different vibe.
If Superman stopped anywhere in America, Netherlands, Canada, Japan, Botswanna, etc, I suspect he'd be recieved warmly. The Justice League liked. Etc etc. The dislike is something that is more or less maintained in public eye by where bad actors can use power (U.N) and some level of public relations astroturphing, with a bit of help by Reach-based damages and a possibly outdated public relations apparatus for the Justice League.
Or am I a bit rosy and if, say, Superman stopped in the wrong part of America or Canada he'd get beer bottles thrown at him even in S3.
Are we ever going to see a gradual LGBT teenage romance in the vein of Conner and M'gann or Wally and Artemis? I love Kaldur and Wynnde, as well as the representation of Halo, but I really want to see that slow burn romance that's kind of an arc in and of itself. Especially with LGBT male characters, we tend to be represented in the adult characters and already in relationships. It'd be so cool to see a S1 Wally/Artemis dynamic between two guys, especially if they're still figuring out their sexuality.
1. Is Roy Harper a descendant of Vandal Savage in YJ?
2. Does the Light still have the remains of his right arm?
3. Does Roy have a favourite clone?
4. Has he forgiven Ollie for leaving him on ice for 8 years?
5. Does Roy still use his bow and arrow?
Greetings, Greg! I have some questions about Artemis's boyfriend and the university she teaches at, as seen in Episode 5 of YJ: Phantoms.
1. How old is Artemis's Boyfriend?
2. How long has he and Artemis known each other?
3. What is the name of the university/college Artemis works at?
4. Is this her first semester as a professor?
5. Does she teach multiple types of literature or just Classic Literature?
Thank you and I hope you're having a fantastic day! :)
Is Jade/Cheshire a wanted criminal at this point? Is there a warrant out for her arrest?
What is the name of Mist's power?
Hi, I'm a big fan of Gargoyles and have recently been binge watching it on Disney Plus; though I plan to skip the third season. I don't know if you are still answering these things, but I do have a question about The Mirror. Or more specifically Demona's transformation into a human every day. she once told Mcbeth that Puck's gifts always come with a price, but considering how mad he looked at the end of The Mirror when she was rejecting his offer, I got to wonder
If Demona hadn't made him mad, would the transformation still have been painful?
In the opening for "Young Justice: Outsiders," each of the main characters have their designation numbers; which are shown changing from what they were when they first started to what they are in the present. However, in the case of Zatanna (who had three designation numbers throughout the series), for some reason, it is somewhat hard to see the altering designation numbers inside her "Z" character symbol; while the rest of the characters' designation numbers can be seen easily in comparison. Is there any specific reason for this?
1. Does Barbara know that Dick and Zee were together ?
2. If the answer to the first question is yes, how did she react when she learned it ?
3. Had Dick ever sleep with Zee ?
4. Are you ever going to give us a reason to why did Dick and Zee broke up ? Because the majority of the fandom has been wondering it since season 2 .
Hope youâre doing well and thanks for your time and answers.
1. When did Barbara joined the Team ?
2. When she joined, were Dick and Zatanna still together ?
3. Did Barbara and Zatanna already happened to team up ( like just the two of them ) ?
4. How did Zatanna and Barbara meet ?
5. Would you say that they (Zatanna and Barbara) are good friends, very good friends or just friends ?
1 Does Lex Luthor genuinely see superboy as his son?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes. How does lex view match simply as a failed experiment or also as his son?
3 Did the infinity inc members work for lex before he came up with the idea of creating his own outsiders or did he recruit them immediately after coming up with the idea.
4 Does Lex Luthor hate the outsiders or does he merely consider them very annoying to his interests
5 Was lex luthor aware of superboy and miss martianâs engagement? And if he was aware. Did have any thoughts about it or did he not care at all?
What do you think of shipping? What's the most surprising pairing you've seen?
Are Mist and Livewire a couple in Young Justice Outsiders? Or are they friends?
1) Is Artemis an adjunct professor? Or, is it a tenure track position?
2) Having lived the life of a graduate student I can tell you a professorship is not a part-time job! Between teaching, research, administrative tasks, training, fighting, her responsibilities as an aunt and mentor, how does Artemis find time to do it all?
How old is Damien.
Is his last name Wayne or al Ghul?
How old if Onyx?
Why was Ted Kord's memorial hologram in the Cave Grotto rather than on the Watchtower?
Any DC characters you're not allowed to use for any reason? I know some legal issues prevented certain characters from showing up in previous DC shows, so has that particular hurdle happened for you as well?
What's the status of Ollie and Dinah's relationship as of the end of Team Year Eight?
hi, greg ð'
is megan in season 4 a transgender allegory? the scene where she says that form isn't who she's inside is a VERY trangender thing. was that on purpose or not? in season 1, when you were asked about this, you said you didn't have a trans metaphor in mind for megan, but things changed, i guess. (or not)
i think she works a lot better being a allegory for a trans person than for a person of color to be honest. but she can be both, i guess.
oh, and do dogs live longer in YJ? you said they live longer in gargoyles because they should live longer in real life, so in your universe, they do.
ps: i'm not saying you shouldn't like your show. you should, it's good :)
Hey man been a big fan of Young Justice since high school and spent a nice chunk of those teenager years helping build the wiki and I just want to say thanks for helping me find a passion in storytelling and Iâm curious to see where you take the story and Iâm happy itâs back.
My question is: Do Roy and Jim consider Lian as a niece (considering theyâve meet her at all) since the Harper trio essentially have a brotherly relationship with each other?
1: Was Barbara Gordan named after her mother or did her mom have a different name?
2: Was Mist's father a villain named mist too?
3: Is Luis Garcia a character from the comics?
4: Did the other Babylon/Mesopotamian gods exist as Vandal's children?
5: Does Vandal all ways kill his elderly children?
1: What were the names of Orin's parents?
2: Who was Cassandra Savage's mother?
3: Is everyman Hannibal bates?
4: What is Fury's real name?
5: Was artemis a fan of Green arrow? It would seem so based on her orginal costume?
1: What year was Orm sent to prison in Atlantis?
2: Does the atlantean family have a surename or house name?
3: Do atlanteans not usually have last names?
4:What city is Tula from?
5: What year did FIre debut as a hero? Was she a teenager like Ice?
this isn't a question i just think that even considering how excellent the show has always been, i personally think that 4.05 is the best episode of yj you guys have ever made. unreal on all fronts. woke up at 5:30 to watch it before work and it's better than coffee lol
Few questions after The Tale of Two Sisters-
1. So this not really me asking for a spoiler just trying to understand what Cassandra claimed to be her timeline to the team, So she said that after Olympia's death she tried to defect but as punishment was forced to serve as a member of the shadows but then she also said that she had to return to Santa Prisca. Does that mean according to her story she was initially on Santa Prisca with the Shadows training but wasn't exactly a shadow herself and then tried to defect but was caught by Vandal and thus lost one arm. I am a bit confused by this wording especially the use of the word 'return'.
2. Who is the girl with Artemis and Halo in the beginning of the episode when we see Artemis's daily life before she finds about Conner's death.
3. The whole Tale of Two cities end credit scene is an interesting choice especially when those words are about death and resurrection (I am pretty sure it also signifies resurrection) whose idea was it to add this as an end credit thing.
4. Is it valid to say this season is spelling out some sentence too especially since so far we have the words INVIT and the future episode titles contain A,T,I as the opening letter of the episodes.
I really liked this episode and the whole literature theme in this story is pretty cool all in all. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Missed this at the AMA so I thought I would try my luck here!
I was wondering what made you choose to have Vandal Savage motives being a grand vision for humanity in a more thoughtful way then his more well known appearances did you get this from a particular story in the comics? Usually he is more an immoral sociopath or world conqueror and I am glad you made him more well rounded. And do you see any overlap with Peredur Fab Ragnal and the Illuminati in Gargoyles and did that inform how you portrayed the Light and Vandal Savage?
Hi this is just confirmation for the YJ wiki but Bart Allen/Impulse was A014 right? And I was wondering if there was any discontinued designations that current individuals affiliated with our heroes have that you could confirm since it is implausible that they will be revealed naturally if that makes sense? I agree that having it revealed naturally is the best way so just trying to get the ones that don't have a real chance to get revealed if that makes sense?
Dear Greg, Did you ever consider focusing more on the S2 team more in Outsiders. Not trying to sound disrespectful or say this is what you should do, but it feels like these characters have kind of been put on the back burner and had very little development. Seeing as these characters had some interesting things being set up in S2 like Tim and Casie getting together, Bart becoming kid flash, and static joining the team and his relationship with black lightning. If this breaks any of the guidelines I do apologize because Iâm not trying to tell you how to run your show, just wanted to know your thoughts on these characters.
So, if Stargirl and Courtney Whitmore exist in Earth-24b I have to ask:
1. Is Courtney Whitmore secretly Stargirl?
2. Is her stepfather Pat Dugan?
3. Was Pat Dugan once Stripesy, fighting crime with Sylvester Pemberton?
4. Was there a superhero that went by Starman before Stargirl joined the Outsiders, and does she have any history with any of these heroes from the comics?
5. If Starman or Sylvester Pemberton were heroes, were either ever on any teams of heroes?
P.S. loving Phantoms!
You recently made an AMA in Reddit where you said that Tim and Cassie are over. If thatâs right then itâs an spoiler.
So where you joking or did you really gave an spoiler ? Because man, I really canât believe you just gave an spoiler.
Hello Iâm back again with another questions!
Since Queen Beeâs powers only work on men and most women (basically anyone whose attracted by women) would it be possible for Beast Boy to be immune to Queen Beeâs Pheromone control? Beast Boy shape shifts into animals and I feel like Queen Beeâs powers would only work on humans and not animals!
How many leaders have the Team had over the past 10 years and can you tell us how long they were in charge. For example when did Miss Martian become leader of the Team and how long was she in charge before stepping down.
Iâve been asking myself this since the season 3 premiere. How did Artemis take the news about Conner and Mâgannâs engagement? Was she feeling mixed emotions because even though she was happy for them she was also sad right?
Why does the jersey Artemis wear have the number 13 on it? Kinda seems like the perfect opportunity for a 16 easter egg, was wondering if there was any reason it /wasnât/ 16
Hello again, I have a few new questions!
1) will you guys bring back the tie in comics?
2) Has Beast Boy turned into other alien animals besides the ones we've seen so far? Do zoos exist on Mars?
1. What was the casting process behind Jesse McCartney as Dick Grayson, and did it have anything to do with his roles as Roxas and Ventus in Kingdom Hearts?
2. What was the casting process behind Alyson Stoner as Barbara Gordon?
They never really elaborated on this, but I'm curious. What exactly is the relationship like between Superboy and Martian Manhunter since he is dating/engaged to his niece, Miss Martian?
I have a few questions about Season 2 of Young Justice.
1. How did the team explain Miss Martian's absence from Ivy University when she was kidnapped?
2. During the weeks in captivity, did M'gann ever discuss her and Conner's relationship?
1 Was the daughter Jace talked about to Violet Tara? Or did she make her up so violet would let her guard down around her?
2 What was Jace's plan if Violet told her friends that she was dying. The Heroâs would examine her body and be able to confirm Helga was lying which would have ruined her plan. Was she that confident that violet would remain quiet?
In season one and two, the timestampshowed single digit days (from 1 to 9) just with one digit (July 4), but since season 3 they have a zero in those cases (July 04). Why?
Some Justice League membership timeline questions
1. When (in Team Years) did Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) join the Justice League?
2. When (in Team Years) did Black Lightning join the Justice League?
3. When (in Team Years) did Guy Gardner join the Justice League?
4. When (in Team Years) did Blue Devil join the Justice League?
5. When (in Team Years) did Magog join the Justice League?
1: Is alan scott"s ring simply a damage green lantern corp ring or is it also magical in nature too?
2: Is alan scott a gay or bi man on earth 16? Recently comics out the classic alan scoot who was in ww21 and father of obsidian and jade
3: Is Cassandra savage a original character? Or was she inspired by a preexisting character?
3b: If she is original, why name her Cassandra when there is already Cassandra cain and sandsmark present ?
4: When did the first Black Canary start operating?
5: When did Steel/John start operating as a superhero?
1: Does Kate know that bruce is her cousin and batman?
2: Did spoiler start off as in independent hero? Did she get any training from batman or another bat family member?
3: Was damian Waynethe product of a consensual sex with talia and Bruce? I've always hated the retcon it into being Talia raping Bruce.
4: Is there a reason that so many aliens look so much like humans on earth 16? I've always hated comics making aliens looks so human looking
5: When did Red tornado officially started using his John Smith body?
1: Does Lex care for conner at all in a fatherly sense?
2: Does Conner view lex as a father? does he care for Lex in some sense?
3: Is Kate Kane a cousin or relative of Bruce in the universe?
4: Is Kate the first batwoman on earth 16 or did Kathy Kane exist too?
5: Is Kate a core member of the batfamily or is she more of a independent agent?
Did M'gann M'orzz/Megan Morse have a bridal shower on Earth, like Raquel Ervin did?
Why do issues 2 and 18 have the same title "Monkey Business"?
So I was re-watching the DC showcase Green Arrow and now you have said that DC showcase short is YJ-adjacent, so are Ollie and Dinah or rather at some point were they engaged if they are not married currently. Cause I am not sure how much of that short should I consider as canon.
1 How well did Jason Todd get along with the team?
2 More specifically, how well did Jason Todd get along with nightwing?
Did you ever consider having Ma'alefa'ak succeed in committing genocide? If so, why did you ultimately decide against it?
Hi Greg, hope you're doing well. I was wondering
1. When Tara was at Happy Harbor, did she fly under the radar? Perhaps with a different name.
Cause you'd think if she used the last name Markov before Nevermore, people might've gotten more hysterical.
1: Is a child of a B'lahdenn still treated as a Noble if they come out white or green?
2: Are all martians born with the psychic powers and the ability to shape-shifting? Are the ones born without discriminated or treated negatively?
3: Are some A'ashenn grey or all of them white? This is inspired by your latest answer and your wish that you made the (A'ashenn all grey.
4: Did any martians travel to earth before
J'onn J'onzz? Did they inspire earth's myths of the Greys and little green men or other alien tales.
5: Did J'onn J'onzz always present as a black man? What was his decision for doing so?
5b: Does J'onn have multiple identities that he uses?
Can I just say that I love your decision to keep Mars a populated plant! I'm so glad we finally got to see it this season. I think the world building was incredibly interesting, so I have a few or well more than a few questions.
1: Are the other castes able to sense what a Y'ellonn former caste was? Are Y'ellonn of a higher caste respected more than a lower one?
2: Is becoming a sorcerer priest the only way to learn magic on Mars? Are the other ways legal?
3: if there's a different way to learn magic, is there a difference between the priesthood magic and the alternatives or is it mostly the same?
4: Is a red martian joining the priest hood common?
5: Do Y'ellonn permanently lose their shape-shifting ability? Or do they still still have shape-shifting but every transformation they remain yellow?
1: Who were the founding members of the doom patrol?
2: Is Negative woman still Russian? She didn't sound Russian in Beast boy's vision
3: When did Rita and Steve get together? Was it after or before the founding of the doom patrol?
4: Did Rita's power come with any drawbacks? I always disliked that the one female member was the Normal one while the guys were "freaks".
5: Did Gar view Steve as a father before the death of the doom patrol?
1: Roy harper has been raised on a native american/Indian reservation in multiple several of his backstories, it was really central to his character post crisis where he even got a Traditional tribal tattoo. So I was wondering if that's the case on Eartg 16? Just to clarify Roy isn't ethnically Native in the comics, he was just raised near by and then on the reservation following his dad's death before he enter Olllie's
2: Speaking of which what year did Roy become Ollie's ward/enter his care?
3: Did either Black canary have any kid of connection to the justice society like being trained by wildcat? Hopefully you can answer, I think it's not too spoiler.
4: Was there any superhero teams that debuted in between the justice society and the justice league?
5: Was there any names that Will harper thought of using when before he decides on Will?
5b: Did he go with will since it was easier and his middle name?
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.