A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Was the reason you decided to have Shiva and not David Cain be the abusive parent who relentlessly trained Cassandra into being the perfect assassin due to her backstory in the comics being too similar to Artemis and Sportsmaster?
Hi Greg, want to start by saying I love the world building of young justice and the amount of passion you and the team have towards the shows creation, huge respect! The fact that you even take the time to interact with and respond to fans who feel entitled to have all sorts of opinions is a huge thing in itself and the way you respond and handle situations is admirable! I have a couple questions that im not sure can be answered or would warrant a no spoiler haha. Ive looked through the archive to make sure it hasn't been answered before and I don't believe it has so here it goes:
1. Is the Blue Beetle "Big Bad" of Barts time actually Jaime? Once the Reach had Jaime in captivity they might've killed him off for a new host or maybe actually found a way to put him on mode, so the identity of the human host of the tyrant of Barts time is unclear.
2. FlashÂ´s secret identity seems to be important to him, he even has a different eye colour when in his uniform (blue) as opposed to his actual green. With Jay being a public hero with his name known, surely people must recognise him out of costume? In associating him with Bart as his guardian, it wouldn't be impossible for people to make a connection between Allens and Jay, doesn't this put their secret IDs at risk?
Thank you in advance regardless of whether the questions are answered or not. I love the show a lot and have been enjoying the first half of season 4 so far (especially all of Klarions scenes, the were incredibly chaotic hahaha). Very excited for the rest of the season.
What you're opinion about the YJ Fandom tent-poles? The Wiki, the Podcast, the Tumblr pages, the subReddit and the Facebook fan groups?
Tim and cassie got together off screen, had their relationship during a time skip off screen, and broke up off screen...their relationship had potential to be so interesting but its clear the show never intended to explore it or either of their characters in depth...I have to wonder what was the point of the whole thing?
I just want to say that I love that Young Justice Phantoms is focusing more on Superboy for a change and I have a few questions about it.
1. What made you decide on this storyline for season 4
2. Did always want to make a season focusing more on Superboy's character.
3. Why Make Conner and M'gann suffer!?! Trapping him in the Phantom and making M'gann believe she lost the love of her life?!
How come we hardly see Dick interact with Tim? Dick is a lead and Tim is his brother, I would think they'd hang out and work together often, but i dont think we saw them have a single conversation in outsiders. Are they not as close in YJ as they are in the comics?
the way you respond when people express disappointment about how certain characters are shafted rubs me the wrong way, you usually say something like that characters not a lead and people need to get over it, yes its ultimately your show and your story you want to tell, so you can pick the characters you want to focus on, but i think you should consider the fact that these characters dont belong to you, they are established characters that people have strong emotional attachments to since childhood, thats a big reason why people are so passionate about young justice in the first place, and comic readers will naturally get upset if they feel like a character they grew up with is not portrayed properly or not being treated with respect, i wish you were a little more sensitive with how you used them instead of stuffing as many as possible in the show
Why did the show have to become so dark when it was revived just because the fandom is older? 99.9% of DC media is dark, the optimism in YJ was refreshing. And making material darker doesn't automatically make it more mature.
When Black Lightning became the new leader of the Justice League how come Superman wasn't made second-in-command of the JL? He obviously has a strong moral compass. Plus he was never apart of nor had anything to do with the Anti-Light.
Since Hawkman and Hawkwoman are married on Earth-16, shouldn't the latter be now known as Shayera Hol, instead of Shayera Thal? Or does this NOT apply in Earth-16's Thanagarian culture?
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.