A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Before I submit my reviews, I'm actually going to wait till Todd reads it out of respect...
The new gargoyles that appear in 10, 11, and 12. I would like to set up GargWiki entries for them. Do they have "script names" like Othello, Desdemona, and Iago did?
Yes, but I think you have them by now.
Hi Greg. I have a question about Demona's clan. When she was gathering her clan (before and after Mcbeth became King), did any of the gargoyles seek her out to join the clan or did Demona find them all? Also, were any of the gargoyles that joined Demona's clan part of a small group or were they all solitary. Thanks.
All of the above.
My question is in the City of Stone episodes during the Flashbacks with Macbeth and Demona. Demona is shown having her own little clan but where did the other Gargoyles come from if Princess Katharine and The Magus take all the eggs to Avalon?
They came from other Scottish clans, including a clan that had relatively recently spun off from the Wyvern Clan.
in the episode the stone city when demona thinks of her past and she had a diferent clan. where did she find them and what happen to the rest of their clan. THANKS
She scoured up survivors from around Scotland. They were massacred by Canmore's forces.
Hi Greg. Great work on the new series. Can't wait to see Bad Guys. Anyway, I checked the archives and couldn't find a answer to my question. Was Demona the only member of her clan to have a name when she was allied with Macbeth during his reign as King of Scotland? After all, she said that she liked her new name, so did any other members get names? Thanks.
She was pretty much the only one.
Hi Greg. I have a question about Demona's clan that she gathered after the massacre at Wyvern. In the archives, you said that that clan had at most 20 members and most were male. You also said that you were not sure if they had a rookery. But did they have any gargoyle beasts? Thanks.
I didn't see any, but maybe.
Was Demona close to any of her rookery siblings?
Was Demona close to any of her clan members at Moray?
2. I'm not sure she let herself get to close... but she's not a wizard at self-control either.
What was Demona's relationship with the people of Moray castle like? At Macbeth's coronation, those that were present cheered her on. How did they treat her over the next 17 years, and how did she react?
Generally, pretty well. But there was probably some occasional tension.
First, of all, I apoligize in advance if this question has ever been asked, but I looked through the archives and wasn't sure where I could find out if the question had already been asked. It applies to a gargoyle that only appeared briefly in a flashback and then in the background as part of the Avalon Clan.
My question applies to a certain gargoyle tht was part of Demona's group during the 'City of Stone' flashbacks. He has horns and wears a metal shoulder pad that singles him out among the other members of Demona's survivors. I see a gargoyle with a very similar appearance (horns and shoulder pad) as part of the Avalon Clan (Avalon Part III) just before the final attack on Archmage and his allies.
My question is, is this supposed to be the same gargoyle? I've got a few theories about their connection. One is that somehow this gargoyle was taken to Avalon sometime during one of Tom's visits to check on Goliath's clan, though the dates wouldn't match (it would have been 50 years after the spell was cast, not 100 years, Tom's normal check-in period). Another is that it was simply an accident and you didn't mean for thgis random gargoyle to appear in the background of the Avalon Clan. I'm sure it was just a goof, but if it was intentional, then it sounds like an interesting story, especially if the armpad gargoyle found out Angela was Demona's daughter and told her about his former leader.
Either way, I hope you answer my question and I hope I didn't type my question incorrectly (according to the guidelines) and there isn't any problem answering it.
Greg Weisman says:
Which answer do you want? Obviously, we reused some model sheets, but it's also possible that a gargoyle who once visited or lived in Wyvern was part of Demona's gathered clan. That gargoyle mated with a female gargoyle at Wyvern, resulting in an egg that grew up looking remarkably similar to his biological father. Uh, how's that?
1. At its highest population (which i'm assuming was in 1057, right before Canmore killed the Clan) how large was Demona's Moray Clan? Was it what you consider a "full Clan"? Was it larger than the Wyvern Clan in 994 AD?
2. We know that the Wyvern Clan split sometime after the last rookery of eggs was laid in 988 AD and that the split-Clan was already destroyed by the time Demona encounters some of its remnants in "City of Stone", so when was this spin-off Wyvern Clan destroyed?
3. Have you figured out what happened to the spin-off Wyvern Clan after the left Wyvern? Have you thought about their story at all? We know that Demona's Second in "City of Stone" belonged to this Clan, have you thought of his story before he met up with Demona? Was this Clan destroyed by humans also?
4. When Canmore destroyed Demona's Clan in 1057 there was probably a rookery of eggs that were to hatch in 1058. Did Canmore destroy these also?
5. When Demona and the other rouge gargoyles came together to make a Clan, how was it decided that Demona should be the Leader?
1. No, it was rather skimpy. Twenty gargs at the most, and most of them adult males.
2. I'm not tying myself down to a date with that yet.
3. I do have some ideas on this, but they're not fully fleshed out in my head, so I'm not going to go into them now.
4. I'm not sure Demona's nomadic clan (cobbled from remnant survivors of multiple other Scottish clans) had any eggs.
5. "Rouge Gargoyles"? As opposed to say, "Blush Gargoyles"? Yeah, yeah, I know it's just a typo. But it's a good one. Demona, as I think you can imagine, ASSERTED her leadership... physically. Also, she gathered the "clan". It didn't just come together.