A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1) What are the Matrix's abilities? Can she simply replicate nano-robots inifinately? Or can she crank out toaster ovens, listen in on police broadcasts and surf the WWW?
2) Does the Matrix really want to do good, or does she think that the "law" that Dingo told her about was merely a missing peice of her programming?
The most interesting thing about your questions to me is that you identified Matrix as a she. This never occurred to me, since Matrix was voiced by Jim Cummings in "Walkabout" and by Jeff Bennett in "Bad Guys". Also, Matrix's basic body shape was male, i.e. there's no sense of female mamary glands in the design. Still, even with all that there's no particular reason to identify it as male. Hmmmm.....
2. At first, just the latter.
You mentioned that BAD GUYS was extensively developed. But when you say extensively what exactly do you mean? I know that there is the leica reel but did you plot out an entire first season? Did you write out a pilot episode?
I never wrote a pilot, but Gary Sperling and I discussed the show in some detail and I did come up with a good chunk of springboards for the first season. I pretty much knew what was going to happen.
All this on top of the Leica Reel.
Since Dingo, Robyn, and Fang can't exactly go wandering around NYC where would BAD GUYS be based from?
Paris. (Though that doesn't I planned on setting a lot of action there.)
Would Xanatos have eventually shown up in BAD GUYS?
Could I have stopped him?
1. How old is The Director?
2. What are the ages of the rest of the BAD GUYS cast?
1. Uh, don't hold me to this, but I'd say 50.
2. Robyn Canmore was 14 in 1980.
Dingo was in his mid-thirties in 1994.
Matrix was born in 1995.
Fang was in his early thirties in 1994.
Yama was in his late twenties (biologically) in 1996.
At the first Gathering you had the BAD GUYS Leica reel, at 98 you had the NEW OLYMPIANS pitch, this year it was Dark Ages. What else can we expect for Gatherings in the future?
That would be telling.
What were <some of> your plans for the Mutates <specifically Claw, but not necessarily just him>?
Wing, Wing, Wing, Wing, Wing...
Same deal. This is not the format or forum for novel-length responses.
As I've mentioned many times, Fang would join the Redemption Squad.
Claw, Talon and Maggie the Cat would remain in the Labyrinth.
Wolf (who's also a mutate technically) would join the Ultra-Pack.
I ahve some questions about BAD GUYS-
1. Do they have a uniform that they all wear that is similar, or do they appear as they did in the series?
2. Was the Director in the leica reel? If so, could you describe him visually ?
That's it for now, thanks
1. We gave them all a similar look in the Leica reel, which you can see at the Gathering this summer in Orlando.
2. The Director was in the Leica reel. He just looked like a man in a suit. (It wasn't necessarily his final model.) But William Devane did a great job on his voice.
Just how long was Talon planning on keeping Fang in a cell?
You know, I never bothered to figure that out. I think they had some kind of trial and a punishment was meted out (loosely based on New York State law. But since I knew that first Demona and Thailog, and later Sevarius would bust Fang out. And that Fang would ultimately wind up in the Redemption Squad, I never bothered to decide the length of time that Fang WOULDN'T end up having to serve.
I'm always hesitant to reveal things like that. Like admitting that every detail WASN'T etched in stone, somehow destroys the magical mystical illusion that everything on the show did tie together. But...
Dear Mr. Wiseman:
What became of the new hunters right after the end of Gargoyles' 2nd Season? I mean did Jason and her sister went to jail for destroying the police station? Was their other brother responsible for creation the Quarrymen? Did the Quarrymen forced Jason to use his technology on the Gargoyles? Did Jason became a civil rights activist or what?
I hope I'm not asking to much. I'm just curious.
Jason went to a halfway house where he could rehab and serve out his sentence under some semblance of restriction.
Robyn was coerced into leading the Redemption Squad (aka Bad Guys).
Jon changed his name to John Castaway and became the founder of the Quarrymen.
Jason would be the subject of Jon, Robyn and Elisa's on-going interest -- as he personally struggled to redirect his life.