A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I was wondering something, and I know you don't like hypotheticals, but I wondered if you gave this any thought: Had Goliath and Demona stayed together in the 20th century, would he have still fallen in love with Elisa? Or would his love for Demona overshadow anything he could have felt for Elisa? I ask this because I wonder if Goliath and Elisa are a meant-to-be kind of thing (in your Gargs universe), and their love was inevitible, or was it only relative to Goliath not having someone (i.e. Demona)? Here's another way of looking at it as well: would he have fallen in love with someone else had he not met Elisa and things still went bad between him and Demona? Thanks for your time, and can't wait to hear your thoughts on the matter...I'm kinda hoping for a rant! :D But I totally understand if this is too hypothetical...I guess I just wondered if you ever thought about it. Thanks a lot!
I don't know about "meant to be" but I don't think it was inevitable that Goliath would fall in love with SOMEBODY given the deterioration of his relationship with Demona. Gargoyles mate for life, and Goliath's love for Elisa is a rare exception. I do think of it as something special. Not simply a result of her filling a slot. As for your initial question, it's largely too broad a hypothetical for me. But if Goliath and Demona were happy, and she wasn't trying to kill the human race, then no, I doubt Goliath would have ended up with Elisa.
Greg, I know that Spectacular Spider-Man needs to get enough ratings for a season 3. But how come the fans couldn't vote for season 3, besides getting enough ratings. Plus some people dont have "Disney XD",so they wont give any rating for the show.
So thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
I don't know what you mean by "vote". But, again, all moot now.
(Ohhhh, this is gonna be fun...)
Hey Greg, here are some questions:
1. If Season Three is announced upon the ratings for the "Final Curtin" episode that aires on Disney XD, I would think that Bill Fagerbakke would reprise Morris Bench if you plan an episode that brings about the introduction of Hydro-Man. Right?
2. If the series is successful after Season Three and you managed to make it to a season that deals with Peter Parker attending Empire University, what season do you predict that will occur in?
3. I have seen your Rambles of the Spider-Man/Gargoyles crossover that Keith David reprised Goliath and Tombstone in. Now that was humerous in some parts, don't ya think?
4. I was wondering if you have seen "The Super Hero Squad Show" (adapted from the "Marvel Super Hero Squad: toyline) yet? Though Spider-Man doesn't appear in the TV series yet, he will be featured in video game adaption.
1-2. All moot now.
3. I thought so.
4. I haven't seen it.
1. So now that Marvel/Disney has the rights to Spectacular Spider-Man could you, hypothetically speaking, use the Kingpin as a character now or does the Fox deal still prevent this? I'm confused on how it all works as I'd read before that you planned to use the Human Torch on an episode in the future, but wouldn't he also have been just as unusable due to the FF still being under the ownership of Fox?
2. Harry Osborne's character has developed from being the wimpy friend to the "steroid" using wannabe athelete to now being a vindictive schemer who enjoys watching his former friends (Gwen and Peter) suffer by keeping them apart. Often times it's easy to look at characters with rough upbringings and attribute that as the root of their personal defects, but I get the feeling that a good portion of Harry's actions are from inside regardless of the fact that he was raised by the Green Goblin himself. In your opinion: do you think it's just in Harry's nature to progress this way or has having Norman Osborne as a father figure slowly warped him into being just as Machiavellian and cruel?
1. All answered before, but now rendered moot.
2. Nature vs. Nurture. I'll leave that to interpretation.
i hope you make season 3 and plus you guys are doing a great job at the spectacular spider man and i hope to see season 3
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, it now seems clear that Spectacular Spider-Man won't see a third season.
I've seriously become reobssed after finding this sight thank you so much for doing all you have for not leting gargoyles die. Now that I've complemented you how bout anouther question. What role will the Lady of the Lake play in the Pendragon spinoff? And how did know to go from london to newyork to find Auther
so far in advance?
I'm not going to get into the specifics of the Lady's role at this time. And, perhaps you're putting the cart before the horse with your second question. She wasn't looking for Arthur.
Timothy Fackler writes...
you asked "But -- and this is the key question -- are you public domain?"
I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but I'm definitely not copyrighted.
So, I guess, sure, I'm public domain.
If you feel so inclined you could email me at: email@example.com
I'd love to hear from you and see if there is any possibility.
Thank your time again.
I've forgotten what we're talking about, but if you are an individual then in fact you own you. So you're not public domain and not free for me to put into the series (if that's what this is about).
David B. Jacobs pipes in....
Why don't YOU check the archives, huh?
I got your archives right here.
Seriously, though... under what? Sending me a fragment of a former post, with no clear topic makes it nearly impossible for me to even know which archive to check. Compare that to the previous poster, who asked about the DVDs and about Bringing Gargoyles Back. Two clear archive topics for him to check.
I dont know if this site is still working so i am just gonna ask the question anywho, i was wondering if they where ever going to bring Season Two and Three of Gargoyles out on full DVD anytime soon, you know if that will ever happen? Also i was wondering if Gargoyles will ever come back to our screens? I mean its 2009 now i think Disney would love to add some more merchandising to their store shelves
anywho thanks in advance and keep up the good work
Please peruse the FAQ and archives to find answers to these oft-asked questions.
I have another question about the New Olympians, halflings, and the Law of Oberon (related to what Random Fan asked about the Law). In the Gathering, Oberon showed that his law is applied and interpreted differently for different halflings. Fox is too human because she has grown up with a mortal life, so the Law applies to her as to a mortal. But Titania has permission to interfere in Alex's life, perhaps because he is newborn and has not yet grown up to be human, but has the potential to be or become something else.
How does Oberon interpret and enforce his law in relation to the New Olympians? Are (or were, before the Gathering) the Third Race permitted to interfere in the lives of New Olympian halflings, or does Oberon view them as mortal and therefore not open to (unsolicited) interference?
The New Olympians ARE mortal.
Wow. This has been a big couple of weeks ANNOUNCEMENT-wise.
As some of you doubtless already know, YOUNG JUSTICE was announced today by Cartoon Network.
Here's the official press release info (with slightly better proofreading from me):
"Young Justice: In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and overâ"to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if youâre not just a normal teenager? What if youâre a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove youâre worthy of the Justice League? Thatâs exactly what the members of Young Justiceâ"Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemisâ"will find out: whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero? This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers."
We're hard at work on the 26-episode first season. Got a great writing staff in place, and the designs look phenomenal. I really think the series will kick some major ass!
And that's about all I'm allowed to say right now...