A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Is there any difference in the way Barry or Bart's power work.
2. I am very curious like how would you describe the personality of Jay Garrick, like Barry you described as straight man Gary Cooper like, Wally is a bit more wisecracking and well we have had 2 seeasons of him so his personality is pretty clear, similarly Bart is also pretty easy to understand but like if you had to compare Jay and Barry how would you describe Jay.
3. Do the powers of Jaculi and Trajectory work the same way as Barry or Wally or Jay or Bart, essentially could you tell me the mechanics of their powers like how their speed compares to the flash family, metabolism problems and if acccelerating and deaccelerating is required.
1. How they work? No, I don't think so.
2. I'm inclined to leave this to your interpretation. But I guess I see Jay as more Spencer Tracy than Gary Cooper.
3. It basically worked/works the same way for them both, but Jaculi was and Trajectory is even less powerful than Wally.
1. Since the X designations seem to have been discontinued would it be possible for you to reveal what they were? I agree with you about leaving the rest to be discovered it's just seems implausible for these to be revealed naturally because of the end of Season 3.
2. Prior to Season 2 have we seen the characters who made up the A08 A09 and A14?
3. Does Brucely have a Designation? (I know kinda of a silly question but I think he deserves one.)
4. Did Arsenal gain an A designation after he left the Team similar to how Zatanna gained a B and Justice League Designation?
1. X-Designations? We don't have X-Designations.
2. Prior to Season 2? Well, I shouldn't answer, but no.
3. He does.
Well here's a couple of magic themed questions-
1. The Sword of Beowulf had the arm of Grendel as a scabbard and I have been very curious as to which sword it was, in the archives you have mentioned that it had been long since you read the novel and that you don't remember, but after reading it the only option that makes sense to me is the Giant sword which melts in the blood of Grendel's mother. Now this might seem convoluted logic on my part and it most probably is but the sword although melted the hilt remained and that melting bound the magical sword or rather only the hilt at this point and was bounded to the another thing of the same blood the arm of Grendel and thus the sword becoming whole again or maybe the story happened a little differently on earth 16. Is this guess right and if not is there anything you can recollect about the sword or the story of how it happened on earth 16?
2. In Early Warnings was Zatanna channeling the power of Dr Fate and summoned his Ankh the symbol of fate's power because Klarion said that doesn't belong to you, So are Humans Sorceres just capable of channeling the power of Lord of Orders wihtout any conduit like the helmet?
3. Why couldn't klarion escape from the tower of fate in Early Warnings despite the fact that he easily escaped in Denial, was it because he was on the top of the tower in Denial and so it was easy to understand for him where he is in space and time as opposed to early warnings where he is inside the tower so it is difficult to teleport since space and time are weird inside the tower or maybe Nabu just upped the security in the tower since Denial?
4. The magic in Young Justice perplexes as it should since well it's magic, but how can Zatanna train Thirteen who does magic without the use of any words are there two different types of magic, I thought only immortal sorcerers could do that. Like are their multiple types of magic because well they aren't rules or restriction that I recall on magic on young justice all we have is experience levels and the power gap between immortal and mortal sorcerers. Basically is there a 101 to magic in young justice if you plan to reveal that season 4 or future I get it but if there are no spoilers then that would really ease my confusion otherwise Spoiler Request No Spoilers is fine by me.
1. I'm sorry. I'm in the same spot I was in before. It's just been too long since I've read Beowulf.
2. She cheats.
3. Yep. Easier to find one's way off the roof than out of the interior. But he wasn't eternally trapped. Just lost. It's hard for him to focus sometimes.
4. There are indeed multiple types of magic. But it is all about channeling mystic energies.
1. Why doesnât Aquaman/Kaldur'ahm get his Tattoos erased or complete Sorcery school?
2. Does Ocean Master have the ability to use sorcery or is all derived from the Trident of Neptune?
3.Why did Miss Martian think Robin Orphan Spoiler and Arrowette werenât good as the others on the Team when they worked well as a team in Batman Inc?
4. What do the Brain and Ultra Humaniteâs scientific specialties? Does the Brain have leadership skills over Humanite at least prior to Season 3 of Young Justice?
1. Why should he?
2. Both. But past tense.
3. I'm not clear why you think Miss Martian thinks that. Cuz she doesn't.
4. More experience, and Ultra-Humanite's work was based in part on Brain's.
Would previous members of the light like The Brain be accepted back into the light if they escaped prison? Or is it like if your caught youâre never allowed back?
It's not automatic either way.
1. In "Triptych", Batman referred to Diana/Wonder Woman as "a princess of Themiscyra". Is Troia (Diana's "sister", as we know from "Elder Wisdom") also a princess of Themiscyra?
2. What was the casting process like for the role of Troia? I'm curious after your recent responses concerning the casting process for characters like Geo-Force.
3. I'm curious about this so here goes, even though it might be a spoiler request. Do Garth, Troia and Catherine Cobert have (semi-)regular meetings with the Justice League, or at least with whoever is leading the League at a given time, given that they apparently like to speak out on behalf of the League? In "Royal We" and to a lesser extent "Influence", these characters seemed to be very in-sync with the League's actions and views.
4. Lengthy question now.
In a previous Ramble ("ASK GREG LIVE - Correcting the Web"), you said that "Unfortunately, for reasons reported fairly accurately from ASK GREG LIVE, we were unable to cameo either Troia or Mary at Rocket's bridal shower because there just wasn't time for Phil Bourassa to design FOUR new characters, i.e. the two girls in both their civilian and super-hero costumes."
And in a response dated April 4th 2016, you stated that "Donna Troy/Troia and Mary Bromfield/Sergeant Marvel were scheduled to appear in Season Two at both Rocket's bridal shower and among the crowd of heroes in the season finale."
Looking at both of these comments that you've made in the past, it sounds as though there were plans to include the following four designs in "Satisfaction": Donna Troy, Troia, Mary Bromfield, and Sergeant Marvel. Is my hypothesis correct? (If so, then this would seemingly confirm that Troia used the alias "Donna Troy" at the bridal shower when she was in civilian attire.)
5. Are there any episodes coming up in season 4 that, in your mind, are as good as some of your favorite episodes from seasons 1-3 (anything as good as say "Misplaced" or "Overwhelmed")?
Best of luck with wrapping up season 4 and fingers crossed that THE MODE WILL BE CRASHED so that there can be a season 5!
2. I think we chose the wonderful Grey Griffin from among the actors already in the episode.
3. Catherine does, certainly. Garth and Troia might have an occasional chat, but they aren't representing the League.
4. Troia may have used the alias Donna Troy when she was on the Team, but Donna isn't her real name. How we LABELED the designs behind the scenes to avoid confusion doesn't reflect the in-universeness of the fact that had she been there and had anyone addressed her by name, they would've called her Troia, not Donna.
5. In short, yes. (I mean what kind of question is this? Did you expect me to answer, "No, they're all sub-par?")
Hi Greg! Hope you're well! :) I'm so excited for FanDome today!!
1) Have Kaldur and Garth remained great friends over the years, since Team Year Zero? I know that they worked together as part of the Team but I wonder whether they remained close.
2) I've noticed that when Kaldur lists Team members, he tends to do so in the order of their Designations. This happens most notably in "First Impression", when he lists the Team members in order of B-designation, and then lists the Outsiders in order of B-designation. However, when Superboy mentions Garth and Troia in "Influence", he does not list their names in order of Designation. He mentions Troia first. Was this a subtle hint that Conner and Troia are close?
3) Now that Troia has appeared and we've seen a little bit of what she's up to on Earth-16, would you be able to reveal the in-universe reason for her absence in "Satisfaction", please? (I wonder if it had anything to do with the U.N.) You previously said that you couldn't say why she didn't attend "without revealing SPOILERS" for her story... but maybe now is a good time to ask.
4) Since Troia left the Team before Garth, was she the first of the two of them to start pursuing a career as a U.N. Ambassador?
5) In a previous response, you stated that Garth was "teaching combat sorcery in Atlantis" after leaving the Team. Has he continued to do this when possible (though I would think that being a part of the U.N. would take up a lot of his time)?
2. Nope. I think you're reading too much into that.
3. I think she was just busy on Themyscira.
4. No spoilers.
5. Maybe he guest lectured on occasion. But he's pretty busy these days.
1. Does Hawkwoman genuinely love HawkMan?
2. What is Shayera's eye color?
3. Will we get to see more of the league's personal lives further down the line?
4. Why are the hawks 11 years apart? I'm just curious I ain't hating on you for it.
5. Have the hawks slept with each other?
1. I would hope so. They're married.
2. Probably shouldn't be asking the color-blind guy color questions.
3. Here and there.
4. I'm not sure I understand the question. Why are my wife and I three years apart? That's when we were born. If you're looking for backstory information here, then: NO SPOILERS.
5. Yes. They're married.
Does Zatanna have any personal hatred towards klarion considering he was the reason her father was forced to become dr fate permanent host?
I'd think so.
Nightwing:âraâs al ghul is many things but a liar isnât one of them?â Isnât this false considering Ra's lied when in âtargetsâ he expressed a desire to kill Luthor, but it turned out to be a ploy orchestrated by both Luthor and him? Nightwing should know about that so why would he think Raâs wouldnât lie?
When Ra's gives his word, makes a statement, it can generally be taken as true to his mindset. But that doesn't mean he doesn't scheme.
But Nightwing could also be wrong.