A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg. For some reason every time I make a post to send to you it never seems to show up in the unanswered questions tab. Like I would create a post and send it to you, then, a few seconds later, I would check the unanswered questions tab and it wouldn't show up. I did send one post and the "Name" I used was Kat or Kit and that got sent, but when I tried to make another and send it, it wasn't marked in the unanswered questions tab. (and I did follow all the rules on asking a question) By the way I've been sending all of my posts on my iPod but I don't think the iPod is glitched or anything because I'm still able to send emails and other stuff like that, so I dont know what is wrong. Please help if you receive this. Oh and I have one question that i would desperatly want you to answer please.. if you ever get this message anyway.
1. Do you ever receive hand-written mail that's written by fans of young justice (that may include drawings or other things) that is sent directly to you or where you work? If so, I would like to send you a letter and enclose a few drawings of mine that I created. I would really like you, and the rest of the young justice crew to see it, or at least somebody to recognize my artistry.
Besides you and Brandon V. have inspired me to draw these charactors, although I have been drawing for years, I'm only a freshman in high school. Thank you for time and I'm sorry about your dog, and if you can answer my question, it would make my day, and if not, at least I tried.
I am the least technical guy I know. I can't help you... cuz I have no idea what the problem might be.
Hello, just before I start I wanted to say- big fan of Young Justice. All the episodes are awesome.
1. So Aqualad's name is Kaldur'ahm, is that just like a one name thing or does he have a last name?
2. Zatanna is going to be in "Humanity" who will she be voiced by?
3. Since Roy hasen't appeared in any of the issues yet, are you planning in featuring him in one?
4. Also a friend asked, since most of the episodes are ready to air, why hasen't there been a preview like the past episodes.
5. Lastly, what can fans of Young Justice expect to see in future episodes.
1. That's his whole name.
2. Lacey Chabert.
4. I don't know.
5. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hi, Greg! I'm really liking Young Justice so far - it's one of the best-animated and possibly the best-written adaptation of DC Comics material in television. I am eagerly awaiting episode 12!
If you'll indulge my curiosity, I have a few questions about little details in the show:
1. I Sensei is really the father of Ra's al Ghul (as the Young Justice Wiki claims has been revealed in the comics, to which I unfortunately have no access), then is he also centuries old, and, if so, does he use the same "method" Ra's does of prolonging his lifespan? Also, does he know that his son is a member of the Light?
2. In "Independence Day," Mr. Freeze fights the Dynamic Duo with a large "ice gun" of sorts; similarly, Captain Cold uses a ice pistol against the Dashing Dyad in the same episode. However, in "Terrors," both villains - along with Icicle Sr., who, as far as I'm aware, also uses technology to create cold - are able to generate cold without equipment. How exactly is this achieved (and does it have something to do with the "parts" Dr. Strange helped them smuggle in?)
3. For that matter, when taken to Waller, Mr. Freeze didn't seem to have overridden his collar's function, since it still zapped him; how, then was he still able to generate cold in order to beat back the guard and break it?
Thanks so much, and looking forward to more Young Justice!
1. Sensei is not the father of Ra's al Ghul on Earth-16.
2. They are using equipment. Look again. And yes, it's the parts smuggled in.
3. It was tech, not inherent. Look more carefully.
When you were choosing the members of the Team for Young Justice, were you at any point tempted to use Raven, Cyborg, Starfire or Beast Boy? If so, did you decide not to have them be founding members of the Team because they had already been given their chance to shine in the Teen Titans animated series?
They were all on the master list of teen heroes, but for various reasons - including but not limited to their prominence in Teen Titans - they didn't make the cut to be part our main six.
What kind of species is miss martian?
She's a Martian.
Hey Greg, this isn't as much a question as much as it is a compliment and an analysis. Can I just say you've done an excellent job with the mystery of the team's mole? I literally don't know which one it is, you've done an excellent job making it possible to be anyone of them.
Robin: Robin's safe in my opinion
Kid Flash: Same as Robin, can't picture it being him.
Aqualad: He is Black Manta's son, and has told Robin that he will have to lead the team one day. Perhaps he knows he'll be leaving the team? He's an original character so this one is the toughest to read.
Artemis: Too obvious in my opinion, and I kn0w you're a better writer than to actually make it the Red Herring.
Superboy:He is a clone and may have some dormant programming even he doesn't know about. Though not stated in the show, he has Luthor DNA in the comics.
Miss Martian: The strongest possibility, which makes me sad because I love M'Gann. Not only is she a white martian in the comics, but she alluded to the persecution of white martians in Targets. Plus she's the least likely suspect and would really have an emotional impact on Conner. This would have many similarities to the Hawkgirl storyline on Justice League though, and I'm not sure you'd want such a strong parallel to a previous DC Animated series.
And now the recently released episode descriptions say Captain Marvel will take over as den mother due to the team suspecting Red Tornado. But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Marvel rather than Tornado, as it would be akin to Kingdom Come where Luthor controlled him with the assistance of Mr. Mind.
It's such a great mystery and I can't stop guessing. Every time I think I figured it out something happens to make me change my mind. Can't wait to see how it's resolved!
And I can't wait for you to see it!!
Will the orginal members of the injustice legue be featured or will you mix it up?
There've been so many versions of the Injustice League, I don't even know who the "original" members were. But by now you know who was in our Injustice League: Count Vertigo, Black Adam, Atomic Skull, Ultra-Humanite, Wotan, Poison Ivy and Joker.
Greg, as a long-time DC comics and animation fan, I've always enjoyed the
legacy aspect of the characters.
I liked the Teen Titans and Infinity, Inc. characters and their connections to the older characters. With a grandfather who served in the Pacific in the Second World War, I particularly gravitated to the All-Star Squadron and JSA characters and books as a child.
Do you have a favorite JSA character from the older books and from the more recent
ones? Any chance of additional significant JSA appearances, like Kent Nelson, or at least cameos, like Jay Garrick? Or possibly some occasional references?
Also, most League members have, or will have an equivalent sidekick(s), potential successor, or someone that they could train individually. Most are obvious. I am going under the assumption that there is or will be a Marvel Family, and that Hal and John could help train Corps recruits. Canary and Tornado have their roles with the team; but do they, the Hawks, and Captain Atom have their own individual sidekicks/trainees outside of the League?
Thanks for an amazing job, Greg. You and your crew have pulled me in from the first episode, with great stories, new interpretations of characters and characters that have never or rarely been animated (like Mr. Lucas Carr). Keep up the great work!
Jay is definitely going to play a significant role down the line. So will Doctor Fate. Other JSA or A-SS characters will play in too... though we don't have a ton of room for them in the series. But expect to see more of them in the comics.
Your questions about sidekicks for Black Canary, etc. is a SPOILER REQUEST. NO RESPONSE.
Thanks for the kind words.
Absolutely love Young Justice! Thanks for the updates on how each of the 46 episodes are progressing. My question is: After you are finished the 46th episode, how long will it be before you know if more episodes will be ordered? My one disappointment with the JLU show was that they didn't create more episodes. I hope you guys get a shot at 100 episodes in order to explore all the great characters the DC Universe has to offer. Keep up the great work guys!!!!
There's no way for me to know.
I'd guess that the EARLIEST we'd hear anything would be when DC Nation premieres this coming March. But even that is just a guess.
Well, I can't claim to be a biology major, though I've studied it in an amateur way. But I would like to respond to Caitlin's post about stone sleep.
In most ways, gargoyles' metabolisms probably slow down a lot while in stone sleep. But I think Caitlin missed/forgot about one thing: they can't be 100% inactive, because their healing kicks into overdrive during the day. So some process, which uses up nutrients to build new tissue, must continue during sleep. Since they heal so quickly during the day, this process might use up a good chunk of the energy that would run the regular metabolism during the day.
Personally, I just assume that the blood still flows and they still breathe, however slowly, while they sleep. It was a Disney cartoon, so it's not like the stone rubble could bleed rivers of red during the Wyvern Massacre!
It's all beyond my scientific knowledge... but I'll admit that, for example, the discussions about this we used to have at the Gatherings were always extremely fascinating to me.