A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1) Could you give us a hint of whom is voicing the Joker, is it some who has voiced him before or someone from Gargoyles/Spider-Man?
2) Was Brick being honest when he said Joker from in Belle Reve, or was it part of his joke?
3) Will the rest of the Team know about Superboy and Miss Martian's kiss?
4) How did Ivo end up in Belle Reve?
5) Can you tell us who else was in Belle Reve that we did not see?
6) Who was the pony-tailed tattooed lady helping Killer Frost brake the Belle Reve wall?
7) Was Icicle, Sr.'s plan meant to fail, or was he actually expecting to escape?
8) Why wasn't the Riddler at Arkham Asylun if Freeze was?
1. Brent Spiner.
2. It was a joke.
3. That specific kiss?
4. The Justice League caught him.
5. You exhaust me.
7. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
8. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hi!!! First off, I'm a HUGE fan of Young Justice, and I was just hoping you could answer some questions.
1. Are Superboy's powers every going to develop fully? Or at least, if not completely, will he at least gain some new powers or has he basically stopped developing?
2. Is Superboy going to grow at a normal rate from now on??
3. Are the teens' pasts and parents ever going to be explained?
4. In Targets, we learned that M'gann is a Green Martian, and that White Martians are a minority. Is this a lie (since it isn't canon) or is this just the way things are in the Earth-16 DCverse?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. To some degree, as we go. Plus you'll get more background info in the companion Young Justice Comic Book.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
In "Terrors" M'gann had her telepathic ability and yet she didn't pull information out of the villains' heads. Was that due to limitations on her part? Or a plot hole?
We've established OVER AND OVER that M'gann cannot read someone's mind without them being aware of it.
Ok, this is not so much question as it is theory, but follow me for a bit if you like.
I've been reading through the biology archives and I had some thoughts regarding the stone sleep. Being a Zoology major, I tried to analyze some things, such as one particular factor- bodily functions like metabolism. A fan once asked if the metabolic functions still took place while they were in the stone slumber, and you were unable to answer, not being a biologist. I mean that in no harmful or derogatory way. I am just giving some insight from a biologist's perspective (I hope). I think that we can look at some analogues from real life- bats. I know it's not a perfect analogy, but some bats do go into a state of torpor (semi-hibernation) and some others actually go into a true state of hibernation. During hibernation, body temperature drops and metabolism slows to a near stop. The heart rate may also drop significantly.
Now, given that all of a gargate's tissues become the organic stone-like material, this means that even the blood is stilled, seeing as the muscles of the heart no longer pump. This seems like a hibernation to me. The fact that the tissues are "stone" probably means that the tissues do not need to constantly be fed oxygen or other nutrients via blood, and therefore do not need blood to flow or metabolism to run.
The "stone" state of the cells is also reminiscent of the dormant states of some bacteria. Essentially, the bacteria will create a "shell" when conditions are not right for survival and will become active again once conditions improve (if). The dormant state has no biological functions going on (that is if I remember correctly).
In short, the gargates are completely dormant until they awaken, and therefore are, for all intensive purposes, "stone".
I hope this was insightful/useful. I love thinking about these kinds of things. Feel free to ask me to elaborate or de-mystify anything biological (in this post or otherwise, if you'd like). My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, Caitlin. It sounds good to me.
1. In âDrop Zoneâ, while Kid Flash was examining the Kobra Venom properties, he notes that it is three times stronger than the Blockbuster formula, and permanent. Man, was I surprised when I saw Desmond in âTerrorsâ still in his mutated form. I am guessing the Blockbuster formula is permanent, too, right? If so, what was the point of differentiating the Kobra Venom from Blockbuster on the grounds of one being permanent and the other not being permanent?
2. In âIndependence Dayâ, when Aquaman tried to calm Roy down, Roy angrily talked back to him, and made sure to tell him he was not his son. Roy then turned to Green Arrow and said, âIâm not even his.â Roy is adopted in this universe, correct? Why did he have to bring that up to Green Arrow? What was the point?
3. Is Superboyâs birthday Independence day?
1. Kid Flash was differentiating Kobra Venom from Venom (i.e. what Bane uses) not from Blockbuster.
2. I'll leave that to your interpretation.
Earlier today, Cartoon Network released a synopsis for the episode entitled "Humanity" saying something about the team suspecting Red Tornado as being the mole. Given the fact that this could be considered a spoiler, I was wondering if you knew who writes the synopses (not sure I spelled that right) for the episodes?
Well, I write or at least edit synopses for every episode. But there's no guarantee they'll use the ones that I provide.
Here's what I wrote for "Humanity":
"THE TEAM is on The Hunt for RED TORNADO, determined to find out once and for all whether the robot was the mole â" even if it means kidnapping new friend ZATANNA and dragging her along on their quest!"
How well do you know the DCAU series, particularly JL and JLU, and how much do you take it into account where writing YJ?
I've seen all the episodes of JL once. I started watching JLU, but production kept me too busy to finish.
As to how much we take it into account - pretty much not at all.
I've looked for the answer to this question and couldn't find it. Maybe you've already answered it but can the Gargoyles see when their eyes are glowing or do they have some extra sense that humans don't have?
Yes, they can.
It was explained in Terrors why Freeze was transferred to Belle Reve from Arkham. Is there a reason Riddler was at the prison rather than the Asylum? From the end of the episode, it seems you have some plans for him...
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Love the newest episode of YJ! I like having Amanda Waller in there, she tends to make episodes fun. And I'm gonna enjoy playing guess who with all the convicts. Storywise, really enjoyed Icicle Jr., he's a fun guy. And I liked how you mess with people's expectations by making Connor & Megan's first kiss be when they're disguised as siblings. Kinda kinky, but nicely done. Look forward to the next episode!