A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. You said you pitched the idea of direct to dvd YJ movies and it was turned down. If you had the opportunity to produce a movie(s) do you already have plots in mind? Not asking for specifics, just wondering how seriously you've thought about it.
2. At the risk of crossing spoiler territory, does Tim know how Jason died?
3. Does the rest of the team?
1. Brandon and I have a number of different stories in mind that could work as movies. We've thought a LOT about it.
2. SPOILER REQUEST.
What led to that Cuchulainn was reborn as Rory Dugan?
How does it work in the Gargoyle universe with the life after death?
1. It was time.
2. I'm going to let the stories speak for themselves. Given more stories, we'd explore this issue more.
I questions about magic in Gargoyles. To quote an older question:
<<1.What kind of magic powers the Holy Grail? Fay magic? Location magic?>>
<<"1. There are other categories. Talisman magic for one.">>
I'm guessing there is much to this that we don't know. I'm a bit confused because in other responses, you identified certain talismans as being of one specific type of magic or another: for example the Phoenix Gate and Eye of Oberon are said to be Third Race magic; the Maya amulets are mortal magic; and the Grimorum was seemingly mortal magic, since it could not be (safely) taken to Avalon, and I think you said it was created by the Roman Magus.
1. What is meant by "talisman magic" in the Gargoyles verse? It seems that this means another form of magic other than to mortal, Third Race, and ghost magic. Does it mean that some talismans are neither mortal nor Third Race in origin? Or that talisman magic as a category doesn't depend on who/what made the talisman?
2. The Weird Sisters, on Avalon, said (paraphrase) "No magic may enter here, save Avalon's own." Does that mean that ghost magic and Space-Spawn magic can't be brought to Avalon? Or does it only apply to mortal (gargoyle and human) magic?
Thank you for talking to us.
P.S. I am really looking forward to the Gathering coming to CONvergence next year!
1. Well, there's what the thing is and what the source is for what the thing is. And there's also things that are the embodiment of other things. I don't really want to narrow the scope too much outside the context of a story.
2. I haven't thought much about this, honestly.
See you at CONVERGENCE! We can discuss this more there!
I don't really have a question, but I want to thank you...
I am currently 17, and some of the best memories of my childhood involve your shows. I pitty those who will never know the joys of shows like Gargoyles... I know you get hundreds of messages saying this, but thank you, and I miss your work. You are a genious!
Thanks. (But I'm hoping you have no one to pity, because everyone's buying DVDs. Right? Right?)
In an interview that happened relativity close to when the last episode aired, you posted the designations of the entire league and team. At the end of the league, presumably because they were in the gathered heroes. Were either of the two blue devil?
I'm sorry, is there something missing from your post? Either of what two?
Anyway, if I had to guess, most likely my answer would be SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
I've a question about some of the Legacy mooks - don't know how much you were involved in their desigm and stuff.
1 Do they have names/ranks? There's regular Shadows, white Shadows, red Shadows... were they meant to have a name?
2 Some of the League of Shadows minions (that appear in the museum level and higher) have red hair. Are they more Roy Harper Clones?
1. They're all just shadows. The gear they wear is mission dependent, largely. Or it is in my mind, anyway.
Have you played Young Justice: Legacy? If so, what did you think of the gameplay? I'm sad to see that fans are saying the game is glitchy on many review sites. I would have still bought the game myself, but it was cancelled for all of the systems that I owned a few weeks before the release date. Even so, I hope that they can make more games to continue the story somehow.
I've watched it but haven't played it, I must confess, because I personally am not a gamer. Frankly, my hand/eye coordination sucks for this kind of thing. I doubt I'd survive the first mission. (Tetris is more my speed. And I'm not all that good at that.)
I haven't heard any glitching complaints. And it seems to be getting high marks for story.
What is the name of the team that consisted of
Asami "Sam" Koizumi, Eduardo Dorado Jr., Virgil Ovid Hawkins, Tye Longshadow, & later Arsenal (Roy Harper)?
There's no name, per se. It's not like they're an official team like, say, the Team. But around the office we took to referring to them as the Runaways. (But again, let me stress that this was merely a moniker of convenience. Not an official in-universe designation.)
How much of Impulse's silly talkative personality is actually genuine? When we first see him he is a lot different and then mentions getting into character. And even after revealing why he's really there he still seems kinda spunky. So does that mean all of that hyperness wasnt completely an act? I went and chcked to see if you had been asked this yet and I didn't see it so here I am haha
It's not all an act. The frivolousness was, but the high energy - most of the time - is completely legit. And even the goofiness comes naturally when he isn't stressing over, you know, the Apocalypse.
If Troia, Jason Todd, Lt. Marvel, and Sgt. Marvel, had appeared in the show, who would you have had voice them?
Never went through that process, so there's no way to know.