A Station Eight Fan Web Site
When they were abducting the strongest people in the Tie-in comic how come they did not abduct Match? He was in the same city as Superman and Superboy.
He was frozen and didn't register.
I have a rather...odd question.
I've read that fairies seem to have a problem with the words "thank you". 1. Do you think that's true in the Gargoyle's universe, in the case of say, Puck? If the Gargoyle's world considers him a fairy and not, like, a hobgoblin, maybe he's considered both, I don't know. 2. Would this be something they've grown out of, dismissing it as a human eccentricity or would it still irk them enough to go berserk on the poor well-meaning human? I've always made the half-joke that that's why Puck likes to mess with people. He gives them what they ask for but in a way that makes sure they never make the mistake of thanking him for it.
1. I've seen no indication of that.
1. Can Atlanteans perspire underwater?
2. How do Atlanteans keep themselves clean underwater if it's hard to take a shower when you're essentially... already in the water? Do they use seaweed scrubs or other special grooming products?
3. Did Aqualad take showers when he was on the surface or was he not used to it? I imagine the Team doing team building exercises in the cave during their spare time and then breaking off to take showers after their work out before re-grouping in the kitchen area for snacks.
1. I don't know.
2. Uh... sure.
3. I'm sure he showered.
These question are in terms of Young Justice: Legacy
1) How was Riddler controlling Psimon?
2) In Santa Prisca, Black Manta's vehicle was stated to be the Manta Sub at one time and the Manta Flyer at another. Which vehicle was present with Black Manta - the Manta Sub, the Manta Flyer, or both?
This is embarrassing, but I just don't remember the answer to either question.
These questions are in terms of Young Justice: Legacy
1) Who voiced Dr. Sandsmark?
2) In Greece, Alpha Squad heads to the Natural History Museum in Athens in search of the first statue fragment. Was this museum based on the Goulandris Natural History Museum or was it an original creation for Earth-16?
1. Mae Whitman.
2. Honestly, I don't know.
I think it's wonderful you respond to praise and observations as well as questions. It feels like you're really close to your fans.
So this is a different kind of question:
1.Are there any shows on air recently that you enjoy?
2.Do you ship anyone together?
1. I'm really enjoying Fargo on FX. I've seen the pilot of Penny Dreadful. It's definitely very LoEG, but I'm intrigued. I enjoy Game of Thrones, and Good Wife was great this season. I'm religious about watching the Daily Show and now Last Week Tonight. I like both Elementary and Sherlock. Cosmos has been terrific. Big Bang Theory still makes me laugh. There's more too, but I'm blanking at the moment.
2. I guess I definitely shipped Penny and Leonard, but that's not exactly a surprise, and now it seems redundant to ship 'em. I mean does one "ship" an existing couple? No one else leaps to mind. Even among the thousands of characters on GoT, I can't think of a single couple that really feels right. (Though I can think of a few I don't like.) And there aren't any two characters that I'd like to see the writers move heaven and earth to put together.
As a fellow author, I love collecting signed works. I live on the east coast (Lakeland, FL to be exact). How can I acquire a signed copy of your novel?
Thanks,and congrats on your first novel.
Well, I'm such a novice, I'm not sure.
Obviously, if you can make it to any of my convention appearances, that's one way. New Orleans Mecha-Con in August isn't THAT far from Florida, is it?
Or, I did sign a number of copies at MYSTERIOUS GALAXY BOOKSTORE in San Diego. I assume you could contact them and arrange to get a copy: http://www.mystgalaxy.com/
I'd be happy to sell you a signed copy myself, but there's the little problem of me not wanting to broadcast my home address or personal email on the internet.
I feel like I need to figure out a solution to this.
Hello Mr. Wiesman,
I have been reading the archives and I have a couple of questions regarding the more obscure Gaegoyle clans:
1) Youve mentioned that the Xanadu clan exists to protect the Beast lineage. My question is, are their Beasts all from Chinese stock, or have they incorporated other "breeds" (so to speak) into that gene-pool? Basically, Im asking if they all have the same basic appearance, or reflect all types of Beasts.
2) You also once said that the Lach Ness clan were aquatic in nature. Does that mean that they are truly amphibious (like frogs), or can they just hold their breath for long lengths of time (like dolphins)?
1. Leaning toward the latter, but haven't made a final decision yet.
2. Likewise, I haven't decided, though again I lean toward the latter.
These might both be good questions to bring up at the Gargoyles Biology and Culture panel this July at CONvergence. There are always some actual biologists in the room to advise me.
1. Do you think it's possible for another young justice video game?
2. Can you say if Tempest, Troia , Sergeant Marvel & Lieutenant Marvel are still active as heroes despite leaving the team? or is that a spoiler
1. Possible, certainly, but I haven't heard anything.
2. SPOILER REQUEST.
Frank Paur and I will be doing a GARGOYLES 20th ANNIVERSARY panel at 2pm on Sunday, June 1st, 2014 at CALIFUR in Irvine, California: http://califur.com/
Frank, of course, was my partner on the series. (We were both Supervising Producers.) And we'll talk about Gargoyles' development and production and open things up for Q&A. We'll also be signing after the panel, anything you care to bring.
And, as usual, I'll be selling and signing copies of RAIN OF THE GHOSTS for $10 cash. (That $10 includes the book, a personalized signature and copies of the original development art by Kuni Tomita for the television version of Rain that never was.)
If you live in the vicinity, stop by. Califur is really the first stop in this year's Gargoyles Anniversary Tour. I'll keep you posted on other appearances.