A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
1. I know you've been asked about Bart's age several times, but something has been bothering me about the answers you gave, so I hope you'll forgive my asking about it again. Once you said that Impulse is 13 years old, making it sound like his thirteenth birthday has already passed. However, a more recent reply would imply that he hasn't turned 13 yet, as your reply was "Assuming he lives up to the end of Team Year Six, he'll be 13." Can you clarify this? It's caused quite a bit of confusion.
2. Is Wally still on good terms with his parents in Invasion?
3. The next two are rather silly, but I am really curious: What are Tim, Cassie and Gar's best subjects at school (I'm assuming that Tim and Cassie go to actual schools while Gar gets homeschooled by Snapper)?
4. Would you mind arranging the newer heroes [namely, Tim, Cassie, Gar, La'gaan, Jaime, Bart and Roy (Arsenal)] from shortest to tallest?
5. This question is partly inspired by the fact that Legacy is coming up. Do you have any opinion on video games as a monde of storytelling as compared to cartoons or comic books?
Thanks for your time. Invasion has been awesome so far (I don't think I've ever been so emotionally invested in a television so before) and I can't wait to see more!
1. The thing you need to keep in mind is that with very few exceptions (only Superboy, Nightwing and Kid Flash come to mind), I haven't assigned actual birthdates to most characters. I know what year they were born in relative to Season One, a.k.a. Team Year Zero, but I don't have a month or a day for them. So I can only answer how old they are at the end of a given year, since in theory their birthdays could be anywhere from January 1st to December 31st. AND... I don't want to create spoilers by saying that such-and-such will be X years old at the end of the year, when that seems to imply that him or her will MAKE IT to the end of the year. I refuse to guarantee that. With Season One characters, I have it a touch easier. The Season is complete, so the audience knows who survived and who didn't. No spoilers involved. But Season Two characters are more difficult. Now, normally, I could just say that character Y was X years old just prior to the start of Season Two, i.e. just prior to episode 201, i.e. at the end of Team Year Five. But this creates a particular difficulty with Impulse, as he wasn't present in this era at the start of Season Two. So I can't use that trick. And again, I don't want - at this time - to nail down a specific date of birth (month and day). Since Bart didn't arrive in Team Year Six until February 28th - and since I don't know when his birthday is - I honestly don't know how old he is during Season Two. He might be twelve, or he might be thirteen. By the end of Team Year Six, he will definitely be thirteen - assuming he SURVIVES. And, again, I won't guarantee that. I hope that clears it up.
2. Yes, why?
3.Gar is homeschooled by <ahem> Mr. Carr. Anyway, I don't know. It's not that it's too silly for me to know. I just haven't given enough thought to it.
4. I don't have a size-comp handy, I'm afraid. But it seems clear to me that La'gaan is the tallest of that group and that Gar is the shortest. Bart is probably the second shortest. Jaime's probably the second tallest, but Tim and Cassie are about the same height. As for the original Roy... I just can't remember off the top of my head.
5. I have very little experience with video games. But my experience working with Sharon Scott and the folks at Little Orbit has been extremely positive, so I'm all for it when it's done right.