A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Speaking of Clark Kent...
In the comics there have been a number of explainations as to why the general public does not recognise Clark Kent without his glasses...do any of these aplly to Earth-16
1. Does Superman use his speed to blur his features?
2. Does he have unaturally blue eyes which are subdued by his glasses?
3. Is Clark Kent viewed as clumsy nerd, and a coward who runs away whenever there is trouble?
2. Uh... sure. I kinda like this one.
3. Clumsy nerd, yes. Coward, no. Not a hero, either, but not a coward. Just a human being, who SHOULD run if a giant alien is attacking Metropolis. But he's considered a fine reporter, who has taken some chances (human chances) to get his stories.
4. No super-hypnotism either.
Look, all you need to do is look at the original Christopher Reeve Superman movie, specifically at the scene where Clark considers telling Lois that he's Superman, and then chickens out. In that moment, I believed for the first time in my life that people could know both individuals and not make the connection. And keep in mind, there are VERY FEW PEOPLE who do know both individuals. Most know one or the other. And most people don't even think that Superman has a secret identity. They just think he's Superman from Krypton. So it wouldn't even occur to them to be trying to figure out who Superman really is.