A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Maybe this will sound silly but the episode "Downtime" sometimes made me think of the Andersen story, "the little mermaid" (not the Disney version). OK, I know this sounds silly but here's what I noticed:
- The mermaid lives underwater;
- She's young (15)
- She has her head in the clouds (all the time);
- She has a crush on someone and wants to give up everything to be with him;
- He's nice with her, yet he loves someone else;
- She's heartbroken and she gives up because she wants him to be happy;
- She has sisters who actually try to help her;
- She sacrifices herself (by dying) and evolves into a "creature of the air".
Now look at the episode:
- Kaldur lives underwater;
- He's young (16)
- He has his head in the clouds (just now)
- He has a crush on someone and wants to give up everything to be with her;
- She's nice with him, yet she loves someone else;
- He's heartbroken and he gives up because he wants her to be happy;
- He has friends (the team) who actually care for him;
- He sacrifices herself (by leaving) and evolves into a leader who actually concentrate all the time.
Now, was all this intentional or am I imagining things?
I wish Cartoon Network had let you carried on with more seasons. It was really a great show. I apologise for the mistakes: English is not my mother language. Mes amitiés.
Well, I certainly wasn't conscious of any of that, but I'm familiar with the tale, so maybe it was part of the background radiation, so to speak.