A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
I have some questions about Star Wars Rebels.
1. What was it like to work with Star Wars legends like Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones, Frank Oz, and Billy Dee Williams?
2. Do remember any of the characters that you created the idea for? Which ones were they?
3. Did you read A New Dawn in preparation for either Rebels or the Kanan comic?
4.How did you get the job to work on Rebels? (My dream job is to work on Star Wars someday).
5. Did you work with Jason Fry on the Servants of the Empire book series since one of the books adapts "Breaking Ranks", one of the episodes you wrote.
Thanks for answering all these questions, I really appreciate that you make time like this for fans, it means a lot to me at least. The Force will be with you....Always.
1. Anthony Daniels was great. Spent quite a bit of time with him, when we recorded up at Skywalker Ranch. Even took a long - and somewhat harrowing car ride with him. But unfortunately, I wasn't present when Misters Jones, Oz and Williams recorded their parts (which to me was a minor Geek Tragedy).
2. When I came aboard, the five leads and the Inquisitor were already part of the package, but I believe I helped flesh them out. I gave them all last names, for starters, and created Zeb's curse word: "Karabast!" Nearly every other character that appeared in Season One was a group effort between myself, Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, the writing staff and the rest of the Lucasfilm brain trust.
3. Not in preparation. I was asked to read it to give feedback in order to make sure that we were all depicting the characters and their histories consistently across all media.
4. I interviewed for it multiple times at Lucasfilm and Disney. (I assume they read some of my writing beforehand, and I know they had my resume in front of them when we spoke.)