A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
I have absolutely no problem with suspending my disbelief in a TV show. That is the reason I never thought about the Law of Conservation of Mass until Season 3 episode Nightmare Monkeys. But now that I know that is a thing in universe for Young Justice I have questions about it.
1. When the Beatle scarabs give there hosts armor, weapons, tools, wings, or produces anti-bodies, where does the extra mass come from? Especially for those GIANT plasma cannons Blue Beatle and Black Beatle product during there first fight?
2. When Bane uses Venom, I can see the liquid serum
converting into muscle mass. However when Baran Flinders transforms into Mammoth there is a small amount of liquid in the injector, yet he becomes... well, MAMMOTH. Where does that mass come from?
3. When Dr. Mark Desmond uses the Blockbuster formula to transform into Blockbuster where does that mass come from?
4. If Beast Boy's powers were given to him by a god, is he a metahuman or is he more like Captain Marvel? A human granted powers that magically break the laws of physics.
5. When The Atom or Bumblebee shrink are they losing mass, or are they shrinking the space between there subatomic particles? Because if that is the case that would explain why they can not reach the subatomic level.
Seriously, I am only asking because the show brought it up.
1. E = M*C(squared). (Sorry. Ask Greg doesn't allow for a tiny number two super-scripted above the C, but hopefully you get the idea.) That means that M = E divided by the square of C.
2. That's a damn good question. I don't know.
4. These things aren't mutually exclusive.
5. I'd lean toward the latter.