A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg! I have a question about Maria Chavez. Would she question Elisa keeping the gargoyles' existence from her? Thanks for your time.
I'm sure she would.
Hi. I have a question about Tachi the daughter of Brooklyn and Katana. Are we going to see what she looks like in the future? I am very curious about her. Will we ever see her soon?
"Ever" and "soon" are a tough sell in the same sentence, you know?
You've probably gotten this question 1 million times by now, but I'll ask anyway since I've tried to find it and haven't.
Is the gargoyles comic officially over, since the gatherings and fanbase have been down?...and if this question has been asked, could you link me to a couple of people who have asked it?
The comic is officially over for now, but I haven't given up on bringing it back.
1. What would happen to a Gargoyle if only a part of it was destroyed during the day? For example, if a piece of a wing or finger was broken off, would the injury be permanent like an amputation, or would the piece regenerate during the next hibernation?
2. How resistant to erosion are gargoyles during their stone sleep? The Manhattan clan survived a thousand years of exposure to the elements and yet showed no signs of breaking down.
1. I've answered this before. Please check the archives.
2. The sleep heels them. There's obviously some replenishment going on, but keep in mind that magic (and they were under a spell for the 1000 years) compensates.
What issues of amazing spider-man have you read? Do you follow the current comics and if not, why do they not interest you?
I've read a lot over the years, but I couldn't give you specific issue numbers. All the early stuff of course, and pretty much everything in the 80s and the early to mid-90s. And, yes, I've read Brand New Day (or most of it).
I was wondering something, and I know you don't like hypotheticals, but I wondered if you gave this any thought: Had Goliath and Demona stayed together in the 20th century, would he have still fallen in love with Elisa? Or would his love for Demona overshadow anything he could have felt for Elisa? I ask this because I wonder if Goliath and Elisa are a meant-to-be kind of thing (in your Gargs universe), and their love was inevitible, or was it only relative to Goliath not having someone (i.e. Demona)? Here's another way of looking at it as well: would he have fallen in love with someone else had he not met Elisa and things still went bad between him and Demona? Thanks for your time, and can't wait to hear your thoughts on the matter...I'm kinda hoping for a rant! :D But I totally understand if this is too hypothetical...I guess I just wondered if you ever thought about it. Thanks a lot!
I don't know about "meant to be" but I don't think it was inevitable that Goliath would fall in love with SOMEBODY given the deterioration of his relationship with Demona. Gargoyles mate for life, and Goliath's love for Elisa is a rare exception. I do think of it as something special. Not simply a result of her filling a slot. As for your initial question, it's largely too broad a hypothetical for me. But if Goliath and Demona were happy, and she wasn't trying to kill the human race, then no, I doubt Goliath would have ended up with Elisa.
Greg, I know that Spectacular Spider-Man needs to get enough ratings for a season 3. But how come the fans couldn't vote for season 3, besides getting enough ratings. Plus some people dont have "Disney XD",so they wont give any rating for the show.
So thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
I don't know what you mean by "vote". But, again, all moot now.
(Ohhhh, this is gonna be fun...)
Hey Greg, here are some questions:
1. If Season Three is announced upon the ratings for the "Final Curtin" episode that aires on Disney XD, I would think that Bill Fagerbakke would reprise Morris Bench if you plan an episode that brings about the introduction of Hydro-Man. Right?
2. If the series is successful after Season Three and you managed to make it to a season that deals with Peter Parker attending Empire University, what season do you predict that will occur in?
3. I have seen your Rambles of the Spider-Man/Gargoyles crossover that Keith David reprised Goliath and Tombstone in. Now that was humerous in some parts, don't ya think?
4. I was wondering if you have seen "The Super Hero Squad Show" (adapted from the "Marvel Super Hero Squad: toyline) yet? Though Spider-Man doesn't appear in the TV series yet, he will be featured in video game adaption.
1-2. All moot now.
3. I thought so.
4. I haven't seen it.
1. So now that Marvel/Disney has the rights to Spectacular Spider-Man could you, hypothetically speaking, use the Kingpin as a character now or does the Fox deal still prevent this? I'm confused on how it all works as I'd read before that you planned to use the Human Torch on an episode in the future, but wouldn't he also have been just as unusable due to the FF still being under the ownership of Fox?
2. Harry Osborne's character has developed from being the wimpy friend to the "steroid" using wannabe athelete to now being a vindictive schemer who enjoys watching his former friends (Gwen and Peter) suffer by keeping them apart. Often times it's easy to look at characters with rough upbringings and attribute that as the root of their personal defects, but I get the feeling that a good portion of Harry's actions are from inside regardless of the fact that he was raised by the Green Goblin himself. In your opinion: do you think it's just in Harry's nature to progress this way or has having Norman Osborne as a father figure slowly warped him into being just as Machiavellian and cruel?
1. All answered before, but now rendered moot.
2. Nature vs. Nurture. I'll leave that to interpretation.
i hope you make season 3 and plus you guys are doing a great job at the spectacular spider man and i hope to see season 3
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, it now seems clear that Spectacular Spider-Man won't see a third season.