A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Any more Barbara Gordon?
Hi Greg, I'm so excited to be asking you some questions about Young Justice. :D
1) Without asking for spoilers, do /you/, yourself, hope that Wally and Artemis end up together?
2) How many seasons do you supposed YJ will have?
3) How many would you want the show to have?
That's all, thank you.
1. HOW WOULD THAT NOT WIND UP BEING A SPOILER?
2. AS MANY AS THEY LET US HAVE.
3. AS MANY AS THEY LET US HAVE. We're not going to run out of stories.
Ok, since my real question keeps being thrown out for some reason...
What is Owen's (and/or Puck's) favorite kind of music?
I don't know off the top of my head. Sorry.
In the Young Justice episode "Terrors," Brick mentioned that the biggest joke in Belle Reve "ain't the Joker." When everyone started laughing, I thought I heard Mark Hamill (the voice of Joker in Batman: The Animated Series) laughing with them. I have a few questions about that.
1. Was that Mark Hamill laughing?
2. Was the Joker in Belle Reve?
3. Is Mark Hamill involved in the series in any way?
4. Will the Joker appear in Young Justice at all?
3. Not so far.
I don't know if this would count as spoiler request (please tell me if it is), but had The Spectacular Spider-Man continued and had Pete looking at different colleges, what other colleges (aside from ESU) would he have looked at?
I don't know. He'd have wound up at ESU though.
An idea if there is a plan to release season 2 volume 2 or season 3 yet? i bought season 1 and season 2 volume 1 and I really want the other two.
We talking Gargoyles? No idea... though I've heard rumors...
Hey, I'm a big fan of Young Justice and Teen Titans. I didn't find this question in the archives and I would like to know. Is the robin in TT just the grown up version of the one in YJ? Or are those 2 worlds different? (yj:16 TT:?)
Two worlds are different.
Why does Superboy hate monkeys?
See Issue #2 of the comic book.
Hello, Mr. Weisman! I'd first like to say that I'm a big fan, and I'm thankful that you take the time to answer all of these questions despite how frustrating it must get at times.
Since I can't think of a non-spoilerific YJ question, here's a Spectacular Spider-man related one: In "Reactions," why did Green Goblin try to kill Otto? Did he know that he was creating another supervillain?
No, he thought he was getting rid of a witness and weak link.
Hi, again! First, thank you for answering my previous questions! I know you must be stressed, but, like others have said, it's awesome that you take time to answer questions like this. :)
And, now questions.
1. As a writer, how much say do you have in how the story is told? I mean, I know you write the script (duh), but it's the director who ultimately decides how it's told. So, do you both consult heavily on the matter?
2. Do you sit in on recording sessions? If so, why?
3. Um, I think this ties in with both the previous questions, but, do you have much say in how an actor performs their lines? Because, you must have written it with a certain tone, inflection, and emotion in mind, but the actor might interpret it differently.
4. How long does it normally take you to write an episode?
5. Do you find it easier or harder to write characters that have been created before you came along, as opposed to your own characters.
6. As far as character development goes, how deep do you go? Like, do you consider things that probably won't be presented in the project, or do you stick to things directly relative to the story?
I think that's it...not that I can't come back and ask some more. Thanks so much!!
1. Well, it depends if I'm a freelancer or a show-runner. If we're talking Young Justice, than Brandon and I have final say on everything. The directors work for us. Though of course, they are immensely talented people, and we value what they do. The writers likewise work for us, but we've worked really closely on the stories and scripts with them. And as we proceed forward into design and direction, it's all in service of those stories.
2. Yes, of course. All of them.
2a. Voice recording is (a) one of the most important parts of the process and (b) the most fun part of the process. I wouldn't miss them for both reasons. We need to make sure that what we record is what we intended and needed. And I enjoy it. This year, for various reasons, I've also recorded a lot of scratch track, i.e. I've been the temporary voice for various characters when the actors we needed were temporarily unavailable. Just to give the board artists something to work with, until we can get the correct actor in there.
3. Yes. Ultimately, Brandon and I have final say. But again, we trust and appreciate the great work done by our stellar cast and by voice director Jamie Thomason.
4. To write a script: eight days. To write an outline: four days. To write a beat sheet: one day. To break the story: two days. Add it all up. Throw in time for notes and editing at every step. And you're talking about six weeks, give or take.
5. A well-thought out character is easier to write, whether I created it or someone else did.
6. We have detailed backstories for all our leads and supporting characters. Sometimes even a one-liner character has backstory in our minds.
Hi Greg. For some reason every time I make a post to send to you it never seems to show up in the unanswered questions tab. Like I would create a post and send it to you, then, a few seconds later, I would check the unanswered questions tab and it wouldn't show up. I did send one post and the "Name" I used was Kat or Kit and that got sent, but when I tried to make another and send it, it wasn't marked in the unanswered questions tab. (and I did follow all the rules on asking a question) By the way I've been sending all of my posts on my iPod but I don't think the iPod is glitched or anything because I'm still able to send emails and other stuff like that, so I dont know what is wrong. Please help if you receive this. Oh and I have one question that i would desperatly want you to answer please.. if you ever get this message anyway.
1. Do you ever receive hand-written mail that's written by fans of young justice (that may include drawings or other things) that is sent directly to you or where you work? If so, I would like to send you a letter and enclose a few drawings of mine that I created. I would really like you, and the rest of the young justice crew to see it, or at least somebody to recognize my artistry.
Besides you and Brandon V. have inspired me to draw these charactors, although I have been drawing for years, I'm only a freshman in high school. Thank you for time and I'm sorry about your dog, and if you can answer my question, it would make my day, and if not, at least I tried.
I am the least technical guy I know. I can't help you... cuz I have no idea what the problem might be.
Hello, just before I start I wanted to say- big fan of Young Justice. All the episodes are awesome.
1. So Aqualad's name is Kaldur'ahm, is that just like a one name thing or does he have a last name?
2. Zatanna is going to be in "Humanity" who will she be voiced by?
3. Since Roy hasen't appeared in any of the issues yet, are you planning in featuring him in one?
4. Also a friend asked, since most of the episodes are ready to air, why hasen't there been a preview like the past episodes.
5. Lastly, what can fans of Young Justice expect to see in future episodes.
1. That's his whole name.
2. Lacey Chabert.
4. I don't know.
5. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hi, Greg! I'm really liking Young Justice so far - it's one of the best-animated and possibly the best-written adaptation of DC Comics material in television. I am eagerly awaiting episode 12!
If you'll indulge my curiosity, I have a few questions about little details in the show:
1. I Sensei is really the father of Ra's al Ghul (as the Young Justice Wiki claims has been revealed in the comics, to which I unfortunately have no access), then is he also centuries old, and, if so, does he use the same "method" Ra's does of prolonging his lifespan? Also, does he know that his son is a member of the Light?
2. In "Independence Day," Mr. Freeze fights the Dynamic Duo with a large "ice gun" of sorts; similarly, Captain Cold uses a ice pistol against the Dashing Dyad in the same episode. However, in "Terrors," both villains - along with Icicle Sr., who, as far as I'm aware, also uses technology to create cold - are able to generate cold without equipment. How exactly is this achieved (and does it have something to do with the "parts" Dr. Strange helped them smuggle in?)
3. For that matter, when taken to Waller, Mr. Freeze didn't seem to have overridden his collar's function, since it still zapped him; how, then was he still able to generate cold in order to beat back the guard and break it?
Thanks so much, and looking forward to more Young Justice!
1. Sensei is not the father of Ra's al Ghul on Earth-16.
2. They are using equipment. Look again. And yes, it's the parts smuggled in.
3. It was tech, not inherent. Look more carefully.
When you were choosing the members of the Team for Young Justice, were you at any point tempted to use Raven, Cyborg, Starfire or Beast Boy? If so, did you decide not to have them be founding members of the Team because they had already been given their chance to shine in the Teen Titans animated series?
They were all on the master list of teen heroes, but for various reasons - including but not limited to their prominence in Teen Titans - they didn't make the cut to be part our main six.
What kind of species is miss martian?
She's a Martian.
Hey Greg, this isn't as much a question as much as it is a compliment and an analysis. Can I just say you've done an excellent job with the mystery of the team's mole? I literally don't know which one it is, you've done an excellent job making it possible to be anyone of them.
Robin: Robin's safe in my opinion
Kid Flash: Same as Robin, can't picture it being him.
Aqualad: He is Black Manta's son, and has told Robin that he will have to lead the team one day. Perhaps he knows he'll be leaving the team? He's an original character so this one is the toughest to read.
Artemis: Too obvious in my opinion, and I kn0w you're a better writer than to actually make it the Red Herring.
Superboy:He is a clone and may have some dormant programming even he doesn't know about. Though not stated in the show, he has Luthor DNA in the comics.
Miss Martian: The strongest possibility, which makes me sad because I love M'Gann. Not only is she a white martian in the comics, but she alluded to the persecution of white martians in Targets. Plus she's the least likely suspect and would really have an emotional impact on Conner. This would have many similarities to the Hawkgirl storyline on Justice League though, and I'm not sure you'd want such a strong parallel to a previous DC Animated series.
And now the recently released episode descriptions say Captain Marvel will take over as den mother due to the team suspecting Red Tornado. But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Marvel rather than Tornado, as it would be akin to Kingdom Come where Luthor controlled him with the assistance of Mr. Mind.
It's such a great mystery and I can't stop guessing. Every time I think I figured it out something happens to make me change my mind. Can't wait to see how it's resolved!
And I can't wait for you to see it!!
Will the orginal members of the injustice legue be featured or will you mix it up?
There've been so many versions of the Injustice League, I don't even know who the "original" members were. But by now you know who was in our Injustice League: Count Vertigo, Black Adam, Atomic Skull, Ultra-Humanite, Wotan, Poison Ivy and Joker.
Greg, as a long-time DC comics and animation fan, I've always enjoyed the
legacy aspect of the characters.
I liked the Teen Titans and Infinity, Inc. characters and their connections to the older characters. With a grandfather who served in the Pacific in the Second World War, I particularly gravitated to the All-Star Squadron and JSA characters and books as a child.
Do you have a favorite JSA character from the older books and from the more recent
ones? Any chance of additional significant JSA appearances, like Kent Nelson, or at least cameos, like Jay Garrick? Or possibly some occasional references?
Also, most League members have, or will have an equivalent sidekick(s), potential successor, or someone that they could train individually. Most are obvious. I am going under the assumption that there is or will be a Marvel Family, and that Hal and John could help train Corps recruits. Canary and Tornado have their roles with the team; but do they, the Hawks, and Captain Atom have their own individual sidekicks/trainees outside of the League?
Thanks for an amazing job, Greg. You and your crew have pulled me in from the first episode, with great stories, new interpretations of characters and characters that have never or rarely been animated (like Mr. Lucas Carr). Keep up the great work!
Jay is definitely going to play a significant role down the line. So will Doctor Fate. Other JSA or A-SS characters will play in too... though we don't have a ton of room for them in the series. But expect to see more of them in the comics.
Your questions about sidekicks for Black Canary, etc. is a SPOILER REQUEST. NO RESPONSE.
Thanks for the kind words.
Absolutely love Young Justice! Thanks for the updates on how each of the 46 episodes are progressing. My question is: After you are finished the 46th episode, how long will it be before you know if more episodes will be ordered? My one disappointment with the JLU show was that they didn't create more episodes. I hope you guys get a shot at 100 episodes in order to explore all the great characters the DC Universe has to offer. Keep up the great work guys!!!!
There's no way for me to know.
I'd guess that the EARLIEST we'd hear anything would be when DC Nation premieres this coming March. But even that is just a guess.
Well, I can't claim to be a biology major, though I've studied it in an amateur way. But I would like to respond to Caitlin's post about stone sleep.
In most ways, gargoyles' metabolisms probably slow down a lot while in stone sleep. But I think Caitlin missed/forgot about one thing: they can't be 100% inactive, because their healing kicks into overdrive during the day. So some process, which uses up nutrients to build new tissue, must continue during sleep. Since they heal so quickly during the day, this process might use up a good chunk of the energy that would run the regular metabolism during the day.
Personally, I just assume that the blood still flows and they still breathe, however slowly, while they sleep. It was a Disney cartoon, so it's not like the stone rubble could bleed rivers of red during the Wyvern Massacre!
It's all beyond my scientific knowledge... but I'll admit that, for example, the discussions about this we used to have at the Gatherings were always extremely fascinating to me.
I've been meaning to write you about how some people act towards Young Justice. Then I thought to myself, it's really not worth it. So I'm not going to post a huge thing about it. I'm just going to write a little something instead. I find it somewhat annoying how outraged some people get over things that I feel shouldn't even be a problem. For instance, "Hello, Megan!". Heh. That seems to drive some people MAD. Really? That's what makes you nuts about the show and the character? I think it's adorable and I feel it fits Miss Martian perfectly. But, hey, to each their own.
I'm not saying they don't have a right to voice their opinion but come on. I just think some people really need to relax, take the whole show in and let things unfold the way they are meant to. Another thing that people get worked up about is how Superman treats Superboy. Yeahhh... I'm not even going to touch that one. When I see some of the questions and comments that come your way, I just have to laugh it off and say hmm this person must be young. Now I'm NOT saying that all young kids are simple minded or anything and I'm not trying to put down anyone. It's just that some of these complaints come across a little out there to me and they're not seeing the overall big picture.
What I like about you, though, Greg, is you don't let anyone change or dictate your show in any way. You guys love what you do and you put in what you feel works and that's how you keep it. I applaud that one hundred percent. So, yeah, that's all I'm going to say on this matter and now I'm going to try to end this post with a little something more positive.
Greg, I'm 31 and I absolutely love Young Justice. It brings me such joy. I've been a huge fan of your work ever since Gargoyles and I will continue to be a fan for life. For me, YJ keeps getting better and better with each new episode. I also enjoy the comic tie-in immensely. I feel it really expands the universe you guys have created. The latest episode "Terrors" was fantastic. It was very surprising as well. Did not expect that ending with Superboy and Miss Martian. Not this soon at least. But I loved it.
One last thing I would like to mention is that I even got my Father involved with the show. He's 72 years old and he really enjoys all things superheroes. He grew up with the Golden Age of comics and he just has a real passion for the genre. Now the main reason why I told him he should watch this show? Captain Marvel. He's been a life long fan of Captain Marvel and the rest of the Marvel family. He even has a room that is filled with lots and lots of Captain Marvel related memorabilia. It's definitely a sight to see.
When I first heard about YJ, I told my Dad that hey, you really need to catch this show when it premieres. I said to him that I heard Captain Marvel is going to have some kind of role on there. Needless to say, he was VERY excited. Heh. Even though, Captain Marvel has yet to make any real appearance on the show, he's been hooked since the first episode. He loves the animation, enjoys all the stories that are being told. Totally intrigued by "The Light" and where all this could possibly go.
The moral of my post here? Don't let any negativity bring you down. I see you get frustrated sometimes and hey I don't blame you. Just know that there are plenty of people out there of all ages that love the show and is constantly looking forward to the next episode and issue :)
Take care, man.
I don't think youth necessarily has much to do with it. I'm sure some of my staunchest critics are closer to your age or mine than to their grammar school days.
But otherwise, I tend to agree with you. Ultimately, what people post on any other site is really none of my business. I may lurk there and find myself frowning, but that's on me. I've been doing this long enough that I can (generally) let most of it wash off my back. Some of the criticism is valid, of course. Some of it is only valid in the moment. Once the critics sees the bigger picture, they may or may not change their minds. Some of the criticism is, in my opinion, flat-out ridiculous. (But that's just my opinion.) And some of it is flat-out wrong, for example when they criticize us for something we literally didn't do, or criticize us for not doing something that we objectively did do.
But all that's fine.
The only three things that really got to me were:
(a) How rude some people were being here on this site (where I can't escape it). You don't have to like the show, but I'm not sure what the point is of being rude about it to one of the creators behind it. They can challenge our choices, but they can't challenge how hard we're working. So I'm not sure what was gained from being mean about it.
(b) When people wrote their criticisms with some kind of expectation that I'd agree with them and admit we had screwed up. That begins to grate. WE LIKE OUR SHOW. We wouldn't have made the choices we made if we didn't believe in them. And what kind of creator would I be, if a post here at ASK GREG would cause me to disavow the hard and passionate work of the many, many creative people (including myself) that went into the making of Young Justice - a show, of which by the way, I'm quite proud.
(c) Just the repetitive requests for Spoilers and/or for answers to questions already asked and answered, which served no purpose other than to clog the site. This is merely annoying. But cumulatively, alongside points (a) and (b) it began to grind on me.
I DO want to reiterate that this was a WAY bigger problem with the questions that came in between March and July of this year. Since the site opened up again this past September, (a) and (b) have all but gone away, and even (c) has reduced down to a much more manageable level of annoyance. I made a plea for just that, and the fans and even the critics seem to have responded. AND IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.
In any case, I really appreciate your post. I hope you and your father continue to enjoy what's coming. He'll see in episodes that by now I hope you've seen and in some that have yet to air, that the Big Red Cheese is in fact an extremely important character in the series. And if the comic continues long enough, he'll eventually be even more important there.
What ranks comprise The Light? Are the main seven the top-tier? Are they "leaders" or "members" or "founders"? What are their affiliates referred as? "Operative"? "Soldiers"?
Do operatives/soldiers like Sensei and Psimon know the identities of ALL the "L"s? If not, then how come would they work for seven people whose identities they do not know?
1. There are seven leaders of the Light.
Below that there are allies and operatives and individuals with specific skills.
Below that there are minions, etc.
2a. Sensei works for Ra's al Ghul. If Ra's tells him to do X, who is Sensei to balk, just because he doesn't know the identity of Sensei's six allies. Same for Psimon vis-a-vis Queen Bee.
There is, however, a VERY SMALL group of individuals that work with the Light that do know the identity of all seven. But you could count those individuals on one hand.
Some new characters were revealed on Playing Cards given out at comicon, can we take this as confirmation they'll be on the show?
Dear Mr. Weisman,
I just have a few questions regarding Mars in Young Justice.
1.) What is the average lifespan of a Martian?
2a.) Is there any form of diplomatic representation between Earth and Mars?
2b.) If so, do the actions of the Martian Manhunter cause any problems?
Now for some questions not revolving around Mars.
3.) Are there other superhero groups active in the Earth-16?
4.) Following the Infinite Crisis and 52 crossovers, Earth-1 featured the Freedom of Power treaty, barring the intervention of foreign metahumans in the signatory nations. Does there exist something similar in Young Justice that factored into the decision to form "The Team" or did it have more to do with concerns about public reaction towards the Justice League engaging in these kinds of missions?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
1. About 200 Earth years.
2a. Not at the moment.
2b. In what sense?
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
First of all let me express how happy I am that the show is back. Young Justice has been my favorite since the day it aired. It's awesome.
I am asuming that when this question is answered Humanity will already have aired so this won't be a spoiler anymore(or a question and in that case sorry for taking your time) so, how old is Zatanna in Earth-156?
I don't know about Earth-156, but on Earth-16, she's fourteen.
I'd like to start off by saying I am a huge fan of your work, especially Gargoyles, and I have lately gotten into Young Justice thanks to my four year old(soon to be five) nephew asking to watch it one day while going through the cartoons OnDemand. I was pleasantly surprised to see your name, and definitely was not surprised by the quality of the writing. I really like this show, even though I've always been more of a Marvel girl(with the exception of Batman, who imo is the most awesome super-hero hands down, because instead of powers, he has those awesome toys)
Anyways, on the most recent episode of Young Justice, Miss Martian and Superboy go under-cover into the prison to find out what the Ice villians who were captured in the pilot were up to. There was one thing that left my scratching my head- how did they change Superboy's appearance? That was never really explained.
They dyed his hair and gave him a haircut. What more explanation do you need?
Hello Mr. Weisman. Greatly enjoying the Young Justice show, thanks for your efforts on that and the time you take answering folks' questions.
1. In "Targets", were Cheshire or Sportsmaster ever briefed on the scheme or were the assassination attempts completely serious the entire time?
2. In "Terrors" was Superman able to hear Superboy's "...that's more quality time than he's ever given me" line via his super hearing, or was he too far away?
3. For how long was Amanda Waller the warden of Belle Reve? What was her job before holding that position?
4. From whom did Black Canary learn martial arts in the Young Justice/Earth-16 universe?
1. Completely serious.
2. Distance or selective hearing could account for him not hearing it. (He can't be hearing everything at all times. One must sort, mustn't one?) But I'm not confirming or denying whether or not he heard it at all.
3. Probably Assistant Warden. Before that, I like to think she was a C.O.
4. Various friends of her mother.
Did Robin really not know the watchtower was in space? I feel (based upon nothing) that Batman would have told him.
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you're talking about episode one, he did not know the Watchtower existed at all, let alone in space.
Hi! Sorry, I know you get a ton of comments/questions. :) I just wanted to give some positive feedback since people seem to be very rude!
I absolutely love all your work! And YJ kicks ass. I hope it never ends. Seriously, lol. If it's not a lot of trouble, tell all your co-workers they are VERY much appreciated!
I hope you have a great day!
Thank you very much. I definitely feel like the rudeness has toned WAY down with this round of questions. Knock wood.
Before I start asking questions, let me just say: big fan. Anyway...
1) We know the designations of Batman, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Flash, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter. Mind telling us everyone else's numbers?
2) I'm curious about your choices for the members of the Justice League. For example, why John Stewart and Hawkwoman? Is it to reference the Justice League animated series? Is there any character you put on the League simply because you were a fan?
3) How far along were you in production before the DC reboot was announced to you? And do you plan on having the reboot influence YJ season 2? (for example, new costumes?)
4) Were there any characters you really wanted to add to the series but couldn't besides Wonder Girl? And were there any you couldn't add for reasons other than legal issues (ex: Zsasz for being too violent, the Endless because Neil Gaiman doesn't like other people using them, Batwoman because she's a lesbian)?
5) Are Black Canary and Green Arrow dating, despite the age difference?
6) Finally, I know you said that if you added a gay character, you would have to be subtle and very sneaky. So, is any already introduced character gay?
1. Yes, I mind.
2a We tried to put together a League that felt classic and EXTREMELY powerful. So two Green Lanterns, two Hawks, Captains Marvel and Atom, etc. We wanted them to feel like the gods coming down from Olympus at the end of episode 102.
2b. There's no one we put on SIMPLY because I was a fan, but there's no one on the League that I'm NOT a fan of either. I love all these characters. Obviously, I have a special affinity for Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Green Arrow and Black Canary, but that's not why they were included.
3a. I don't remember, but a while.
3b. No, we were way too far along for it to have any effect at all.
4. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
5. It's not THAT big an age difference, but, yes. Their relationship will be further explored in both the series and the comic book.
6. I'm not sure "sneaky" is a word I used. But in any case, I'm not going to respond to this, for what I think are obvious reasons.
Okay, first of all I just want to say that I am a huge fan of Young Justice. My favorite episode so far would have to be "Terrors". I laughed so hard at Jr. saying, "Dude, that's your sister!".
Anyway, I have a couple questions to ask.
1. What happened to Icicle Jr. after Terrors? I mean, I know that he was put back in jail, but, what happened between him and the other prisoners?
2. Okay, please don't laugh at this question, even though it sounds stupid and possibly like I'm mocking you, because I'm not. Anyway, Does Superboy like pie? I ask this because Superman seems to like pie and... okay, next question!
3. This is another terrors question, what happened to the real Terror Twins after they were arrested?
4. As I was typing this, I realized that spell check recognized Superman as a real word, but not Superboy. Would Conner be mad at this fact?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Bye!
1. Nothing pleasant.
2. I don't even know if he's tried pie.
3. Eventually, they were taken to Belle Reve while awaiting trial.
4. Life is short.
Hi Greg! Just wanted to say that I really adored both Target and Terrors. The missions they're being put on really promote an international strike force feeling. I wasn't expecting that when Young Justice started, but I can see that Batman's quote in the beginning about them operating in a very low-profile manner wasn't an exaggeration, and I can't think of any other work quite like it.
For whatever reason, I'm also ADORING the News Report openers. You don't see much of that in other hero shows, and it really stresses the idea that their actions have fallout to others, that they're extraordinary to everyone else (which got a little diminished in Justice League for example, where you only focused on the powered people), and that there's just more going on in the world than these characters. Can't wait for more!
1) Could you give us a hint of whom is voicing the Joker, is it some who has voiced him before or someone from Gargoyles/Spider-Man?
2) Was Brick being honest when he said Joker from in Belle Reve, or was it part of his joke?
3) Will the rest of the Team know about Superboy and Miss Martian's kiss?
4) How did Ivo end up in Belle Reve?
5) Can you tell us who else was in Belle Reve that we did not see?
6) Who was the pony-tailed tattooed lady helping Killer Frost brake the Belle Reve wall?
7) Was Icicle, Sr.'s plan meant to fail, or was he actually expecting to escape?
8) Why wasn't the Riddler at Arkham Asylun if Freeze was?
1. Brent Spiner.
2. It was a joke.
3. That specific kiss?
4. The Justice League caught him.
5. You exhaust me.
7. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
8. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hi!!! First off, I'm a HUGE fan of Young Justice, and I was just hoping you could answer some questions.
1. Are Superboy's powers every going to develop fully? Or at least, if not completely, will he at least gain some new powers or has he basically stopped developing?
2. Is Superboy going to grow at a normal rate from now on??
3. Are the teens' pasts and parents ever going to be explained?
4. In Targets, we learned that M'gann is a Green Martian, and that White Martians are a minority. Is this a lie (since it isn't canon) or is this just the way things are in the Earth-16 DCverse?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. To some degree, as we go. Plus you'll get more background info in the companion Young Justice Comic Book.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
In "Terrors" M'gann had her telepathic ability and yet she didn't pull information out of the villains' heads. Was that due to limitations on her part? Or a plot hole?
We've established OVER AND OVER that M'gann cannot read someone's mind without them being aware of it.
Ok, this is not so much question as it is theory, but follow me for a bit if you like.
I've been reading through the biology archives and I had some thoughts regarding the stone sleep. Being a Zoology major, I tried to analyze some things, such as one particular factor- bodily functions like metabolism. A fan once asked if the metabolic functions still took place while they were in the stone slumber, and you were unable to answer, not being a biologist. I mean that in no harmful or derogatory way. I am just giving some insight from a biologist's perspective (I hope). I think that we can look at some analogues from real life- bats. I know it's not a perfect analogy, but some bats do go into a state of torpor (semi-hibernation) and some others actually go into a true state of hibernation. During hibernation, body temperature drops and metabolism slows to a near stop. The heart rate may also drop significantly.
Now, given that all of a gargate's tissues become the organic stone-like material, this means that even the blood is stilled, seeing as the muscles of the heart no longer pump. This seems like a hibernation to me. The fact that the tissues are "stone" probably means that the tissues do not need to constantly be fed oxygen or other nutrients via blood, and therefore do not need blood to flow or metabolism to run.
The "stone" state of the cells is also reminiscent of the dormant states of some bacteria. Essentially, the bacteria will create a "shell" when conditions are not right for survival and will become active again once conditions improve (if). The dormant state has no biological functions going on (that is if I remember correctly).
In short, the gargates are completely dormant until they awaken, and therefore are, for all intensive purposes, "stone".
I hope this was insightful/useful. I love thinking about these kinds of things. Feel free to ask me to elaborate or de-mystify anything biological (in this post or otherwise, if you'd like). My email is email@example.com
Thanks, Caitlin. It sounds good to me.
1. In âDrop Zoneâ, while Kid Flash was examining the Kobra Venom properties, he notes that it is three times stronger than the Blockbuster formula, and permanent. Man, was I surprised when I saw Desmond in âTerrorsâ still in his mutated form. I am guessing the Blockbuster formula is permanent, too, right? If so, what was the point of differentiating the Kobra Venom from Blockbuster on the grounds of one being permanent and the other not being permanent?
2. In âIndependence Dayâ, when Aquaman tried to calm Roy down, Roy angrily talked back to him, and made sure to tell him he was not his son. Roy then turned to Green Arrow and said, âIâm not even his.â Roy is adopted in this universe, correct? Why did he have to bring that up to Green Arrow? What was the point?
3. Is Superboyâs birthday Independence day?
1. Kid Flash was differentiating Kobra Venom from Venom (i.e. what Bane uses) not from Blockbuster.
2. I'll leave that to your interpretation.
Earlier today, Cartoon Network released a synopsis for the episode entitled "Humanity" saying something about the team suspecting Red Tornado as being the mole. Given the fact that this could be considered a spoiler, I was wondering if you knew who writes the synopses (not sure I spelled that right) for the episodes?
Well, I write or at least edit synopses for every episode. But there's no guarantee they'll use the ones that I provide.
Here's what I wrote for "Humanity":
"THE TEAM is on The Hunt for RED TORNADO, determined to find out once and for all whether the robot was the mole â" even if it means kidnapping new friend ZATANNA and dragging her along on their quest!"
How well do you know the DCAU series, particularly JL and JLU, and how much do you take it into account where writing YJ?
I've seen all the episodes of JL once. I started watching JLU, but production kept me too busy to finish.
As to how much we take it into account - pretty much not at all.
I've looked for the answer to this question and couldn't find it. Maybe you've already answered it but can the Gargoyles see when their eyes are glowing or do they have some extra sense that humans don't have?
Yes, they can.
It was explained in Terrors why Freeze was transferred to Belle Reve from Arkham. Is there a reason Riddler was at the prison rather than the Asylum? From the end of the episode, it seems you have some plans for him...
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Love the newest episode of YJ! I like having Amanda Waller in there, she tends to make episodes fun. And I'm gonna enjoy playing guess who with all the convicts. Storywise, really enjoyed Icicle Jr., he's a fun guy. And I liked how you mess with people's expectations by making Connor & Megan's first kiss be when they're disguised as siblings. Kinda kinky, but nicely done. Look forward to the next episode!