A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I estimate Macbeth is, or at least was, a fan of theater given that he knew Shakespeare well, liked the Macbeth play, and borrows his aliases from it.
1. What are some other plays he was particularly fond of? Of any genre or time period. The idea of Macbeth attending Broadway musicals makes me smile.
2. Did he ever try his hand at acting or play-writing? Especially in the more modern times, the stage seems like the last vestige for an immortal to physically revisit some of those olden days. Can't say if it would be nostalgic or not for him though.
1. I'll leave that to your imagination.
2. I think so.
Hi Greg. Hope you're well. I'm working through my to-read pile, but I have both Rain of Ghost novels on my desk waiting. I'm glad you decided to put books out. Xanatos, Macbeth, & Puck/Owen are my favorite characters from any medium, and I recently found out my dad loves the Star Wars Rebels series. He never watches cartoons. I haven't seen it yet, but he said he enjoys it because the characters were written really well. I wasn't surprised to hear that.
Had some more domestic, trivia-type question regarding Macbeth during his retirement from the world around 2198 & earlier (pre-Invasion). Couldn't find anything in the Archives.
1. How is Macbeth occupying his time by this point? Activities, interests, etc. I'm very interested in this sort of thing because I feel it adds dimensions to characters.
2. Secondly, was there something specific that caused him to want to withdraw from the world?
3. What was it, if you're willing to share?
Respect & Appreciation,
1. No spoilers.
2. No spoilers.
3. No spoilers.
1) if submitting a demo-reel how long should it be?
2) how much would it cost?
3) could you recommend top chooses of animation companies.
1. I don't know. I've never done that.
2. See above.
3. I don't understand.
If you're interested in voice acting, I'd recommend consulting an expert (i.e. NOT me): https://iwanttobeavoiceactor.com
Why did Superboy and Miss Martian visit Garfield and his mom on December first of 2010?
A. They were in the neighborhood, so to speak. B. Since "Image," M'gann feels very close to Marie and Garfield.
Is a Martian's lifespan longer than Superman and Superboy's lifespans?
I would think so but the answer is probably a Spoiler.
I am a writer for a popular nerd culture website and I am interested in writing a feature about Gargoyles. What would be the best way to contact Mr. Weisman directly?
stewshearer at gmail dot com
I've read the synopsis of the radio play crossover you made for "Gargoyles", "The Spectacular Spider-Man", and "Young Justice" (it'd be neat if you could put up the script for it at "Ask Greg" as you did for "Religious Studies 101", and noted that, near the end, you had Batman asking Goliath to join the Justice League. Now, the obvious reason why you had Batman be the one approaching Goliath was for the joke about Xanatos trying to get both Batman and Iron Man to join his club for rich guys with fancy equipment. But I remember how, back when you were making "Gargoyles", you were concerned that people might see it as a rip-off of "Batman: TAS" (to the point where you even drew up a list of differences between the two series); did you choose Batman for that role as a sort of callback to that?
Mongul and Black Beetle were trading blows on the War world, and seemed to be evenly matched. But then we Green giving Black some assistance towards the end. Who would have won had it "stayed" strictly a 1 v 1
Does Klarion like being a pawn in Vandal's schemes. Is there a genuine mutual- respect between them.
Why does Nabo use the Helmet as medium to materialise in the physical plane? It just seems like Klarion's method "The familiar" is far more practical since he does not have to rely on a human vessel. Additionally, what are Lords of Chaos and Order.
1. I don't know. Mongul is stronger, but strength is his only power. Black Beetle was using a number of powers. It might have gone either way.
2. Klarion doesn't see himself that way. Neither do I.
3. I'm not sure Klarion understands "respect". But, yeah, each in their own way.
4. There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods. Klarion has to rely on his familiar, which often creates a vulnerability.
5. They are creatures of pure magic from a different plane that serve those two conceptions.
How does Martian shape shifting work, exactly? For instance, when Miss Martian shapes shifts into a male, does she actually replicate all the physical characteristics of a male? Can she also shape shift into animals?
Is Cassie/Wonder Girl as strong/invulnerable as Superboy. If not, is she far off?
2. With practice, I suppose she could.
4. <shrug> She's close enough.
1. How powerful is Earth-16's Wonder Woman. Could she trade blows with Superman.
2. Ive always been intrigued by this; why is it that Kid Flash has to accelerate and decelerate when running, whereas Impulse and Flash can stop and start almost instantly
3. I know it has been established that Supernoy would never have full krptonian powers due only being half human-but in theory, would he get stronger(even if a little bit) if were closer to Earth's yellow sun.
4. Whats Superman's top flight speed in terms of "Mach"? Is it anywhere near as fast as Kid Flash.
5. What would it take to kill Superman on Earth-16, in terms of conventional weaponry. Could he survive a nuke as powerful as the Tzar Bomb?
1. Sure. So could you. As long as you got to go first. Anyway, she's strong, but not AS strong as Superman.
2. I feel like I've answered this before, but once again...
*Jay Garrick became the first Flash due to a laboratory accident which gave him his speed.
*Barry Allen became the second Flash by intentionally recreating Jay's accident under laboratory conditions. It infused every molecule of his being, down to the genetic level and gave him much more advanced speed and molecular control over his powers than Jay had.
*Wally West (at age 14) attempted to recreate Barry's experiment in his family garage. He blew up the garage and nearly died. His powers are equivalent to Jay's.
*Bart Allen's powers are a result of a genetic inheritance from his father Don Allen, which came from Don's father Barry. His powers are equivalent to Barry's.
3. Eh. Maybe.
4. I dunno. Maybe he could build to that.
5. I don't know what the Tzar Bomb is, but he survived the Reach Bomb.