A Station Eight Fan Web Site
RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, BOOK TWO COUNTDOWN, Chapter Thirty-One:
Here's another of my shameless attempts to maintain buzz about my new novel, RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, due out in stores and on-line on December 3rd, 2013 (but available for pre-order NOW on Amazon, etc.):
Since there's not too much to report about the first book right now, I'm counting down my progress writing the SECOND book in the Rain series, which should come out sometime in 2014.
Tonight, I finished writing Chapter Thirty-One. It took me a little while, mostly because I was bit exhausted from all the travel I've been doing recently (including San Diego Comic-Con) and from working in a galaxy far, far away. But also I had to research some hard science necessary for the chapter. I wound up only using the research in three short paragraphs, but I think it was worth it.
Oh, and also this week, I saw a rough mock-up cover for the second book. Very cool! (And I hope to reveal it soon.)
Anyway, tomorrow, I'll start on Chapter Thirty-Two.
I was rewatching episode Downtime and then, for some reason, watched the last episode of first season and start wondering...
1. Why did you guys got rid of Ocean Master? Black Manta worked for him and now he's to take his place(sort of) among the Light?
2. Did Manta planned to get him out to replace him?
3. If that's not the case, did he died or the other Light member wanted him out for some reason and he's alive but now on his own as a villian?
About this last, I would have like to have him on season 2 and thus have a chance to see what's happend on Atlantis after the 5 years gasp. Would you have liked to see more of Atlantis on another episode like it was in Downtime? I would have like to see Garth as Tempest for sure...
I hope you can answer me those, and thank you fro the AskGreg page! I love the show!!
1. Black Manta worked for the Light as a whole, not just Ocean-Master. Anyway, the answer to your question is a SPOILER REQUEST.
2. That's not what happened. Black Manta had nothing to do with Ocean-Master losing his spot.
3. SPOILER REQUEST.
4. I would have loved to have had the time to visit Atlantis again.
Me again...thanks for answering my first set of questions the other day...I wanted to respond to one of your comments and ask a few other things while I am here...
1. I asked if Bumbulbee heard Psimon say that Batman was out of the picture when his comrades were unsure to vapture Batgirl in Beneath. You responded why it would be a problem? I asked because I think if she heard she would have alerted the Team and/or League...so did she hear Psimon?
2. While on Beneath and the latest episode Intervention...that was very clever to liberate Jaime...a bit of a stretch for my taste, but excellent nonetheless. Also I just wanted to say thanks for including the previous Blue Beetles' history; we need more cool stuff like this based on the past, and you are one of the few to do it so thanks.
3. Why does Asami have different colors in each eye? What lee you guys to do this? Just curious.
4. Why do some Reach pods put their captives to sleep but not others? Tim, Barbara, and Karen were awake, I think a few others as well but others were asleep.
5. Today you've been adding "aren't you glad you asked?" To the majority of your responses. Why? Are you being sarcastic or is thid just something new or another reason?
Ps Reallllllly miss Wally and Barry. Impulse is great, but you can't beat the originals.
Also you responded to a question yesterday or the day before about your ramble of your side trip to a slightly different dimension...I did tead it, liked it, must say I have felt something similar happen to me and I guess it's all in the mind. I recently learned that deja vu occurs because the mind is processing a current experience more slowly than usual and therefore leads one to believe the experience has been repeated. Maybe our trips to alternate dimensions are like this?
2. A bit of a backhanded complement, but you're welcome, nonetheless.
3. You'd have to ask Brandon and/or Phil.
4. There's a setting, but you have to remember to activate it. Also, sometimes if you've been in a pod long enough, you just fall asleep. Try it!
5. I was being sarcastic, because as I recall, I was annoyed at that moment. Aren't you glad you asked?
6. Maybe. But explain the can of "Palm-Apple Juice" on my bookshelf.
hi, thanks for letting the fans ask questions and stuff. i really like young justice and i'm upset to know that its going off the air.
as for my questions, i have a few about bette kane?
1)why didn't she recognize dick grayson in issue 20? they seemed friendly enough at his birthday party for her to have had an inkling of who he could be. at least to me.
2)why did she spend the night at his place? did they have a date or something the night before? which doesn't make sense since she couldn't remember his name.
3)does she live in bludhaven too?
4)also, since she mentioned she had to go to work, i might as well ask, where does she work? and what is her title?
thanks for your time =)
1. It had been nearly five years. He's grown up A LOT.
2. They met the night before. Names were exchanged - among other things. She just couldn't quite remember his name in the morning.
4. Honestly, I haven't thought about where she works at this time.
Since the six members of the League had to go to trial on Rimbor, I would like to ask that in regards to their civilian identities (notably, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne), what excuse did they give to their friends, and co-workers?
For I believe that Clark was still working for the Daily Planet at this time, so he would have to tell Perry White something (that he's quitting, etc.) also his co-workers like Jimmy and Lois (if she doesn't know that he is Superman at this time).And I am sure that after vanishing for almost six months the press has started to wonder where has Multi-Billionaire Playboy and owner of Wayne Enterprises has gone, as well as his employees like Lucius Fox.
I'm not going to give you a rundown on how each of ten characters dealt with this issue. Some of this falls under the SPOILER REQUEST category. Some into the I haven't bothered to work it out yet category. And for now at least, all of it falls into the "I might as well leave this to your imagination" category.
1) Since Zatanna is now a public member of the League who does not wear a mask, and who uses her real name while fighting crime, my question is, why did she not think it necessary to keep her identity a secret?
2. Also, after moving from the identity of Robin, did Dick, as Nightwing, become a purely covert hero (in the likes of Superboy and Miss Martian) or does the general public know that there is a hero named Nightwing that fights crime?
1. She was following in her father's footsteps, mostly.
2. He doesn't publicize, but he doesn't hide. He's more under the radar than most.
1. How long has Catherine Cobert been the League's Public Affairs Officer?
2. Why haven't we seen her since "Alienated"? With all of the hate that the Justice League had been getting in Season 2, I would think that we would have seen her trying to dispel the comments made by the Reach and Gordon Godfrey in a major way. Doesn't seem like she was doing her job effectively.
3. On another note, why haven't Lois Lane on the show?
4. And what is Lois' relationship to Conner? If they have any at all.
1. Since just before the Hall of Justice opened.
2. There's only so much available screen time. Take it for granted that she was doing her job.
3. There's only so much available screen time.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. Did Kaldur's mother ever love Black Manta? and vice versa?
2. Did she know that he was Black Manta when she was with him?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Is Wonder Girl attracted to Arsenal? or was that kiss not supposed to mean anything?
It wasn't supposed to mean much.
Is Shelly Longshadow a widow, or divorced?