A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. you said the London Clan has a library and thats how Griff knew Goliath looked like "scottish stock". does the London Clan know that there was/still is a Loch Ness Clan in 1996?
2. does the London Clan know about New Olympus?
3. does the London Clan know about the Wyvern Massacre before Goliath arrives during the World Tour?
4. does the London Clan know about Macbeth's alliance with Demona's clan 1000 years ago in 1996?
5. is the London Clan aware of Demona at all in 1996?
6. does the London Clan know that Avalon exists before Goliath arrives in London?
6b. before 1996, does the London Clan know that King Arthur is sleeping on Avalon?
ok ok ok, enough questions, sorry if i'm bugging you... see you at the Gathering cuz i'm gonna make it this year!!!! is the date when you read this June 4th, 2002? just a guess!
1. I'd guess that they know there WAS. Not sure if they know there IS.
2. I doubt it.
3. I doubt it.
6b. Yes. But didn't you?
Try September 8th, 2003.
When/if the London gargoyles are revealed, would the human public recognize them quickly to be the same kind of creature as the Manhattan gargoyles? The London gargoyles look quite different from Goliath and his clan, after all, resembling heraldic animals with feathered (rather than leathery) wings. Would it be possible for the human public to initially believe them to be a different species from the New York gargoyles? (I suppose that this question is, in part, inspired by the occasional speculation over whether a visitor from another planet would recognize a chihuahua and a St. Bernard, or a French poodle and a bulldog, as being the same kind of animal).
I like the dog question. It certainly applies here. I don't have a monolithic answer for you. Some would get it. Some would not. Some would have it explained. This is all very hypothetical anyway. We don't know the context of the "revelation" in London. And, keep in mind, London gargoyles are already (as of the end of M.I.A.) a worst-kept local secret. My assumption has been that many people know about these "creatures", but keep it quiet because they do so much good in the Soho neighborhood. How long that lasts after the American news reports in "Hunter's Moon, Part III" and "The Journey" is hard to say.
I noticed in the Gathering Part One, a Pegasus was among those that were coming to attend, was there ever a plan to place Pegasus or Unicorns into the series?
Well, by your own admission we showed a Pegasus in Gathering One. And I believe we showed a unicorn in M.I.A.
How many gargoyle clans were there when the show was ended?
Do any of the other Avalon gargoyles join Angelia in the real world?
1. In 1996, the following clans were extant (although some were far from healthy in numbers):
2. Eventually, others would visit. But I don't immediately see anyone else taking up permanent residence outside Avalon.
Since I read the archive and didn't see any mention of this, I'd thought I ask these two questions:
1)Did Arthur Pendragon have an alliance with the London clan before he was taken to Avalon?
2)If so, did any written/non-oral records of that alliance surive to 1996?
1. Gargoyles played a major roll in Arthurian "History" in the gargoyles universe. I'm not ready to be more specific at this time.
2. Well, there's the Scrolls of Merlin just for starters. And I'd imagine that the London Clan managed to preserve some cool things.
How rich is the London clan in 2198? What stuff do they sell in their stores in 2198?
They're doing all right.
Magic stuff. Tourist stuff. Gargoyle merchandise. Etc.
ok, another kinda silly question:
is Leo's mane kinda just a beard that most other male gargoyles can grow? could Leo shave it off if he wanted too?
could Goliath or another male garg grow a "mane"? or is that mane not like a beard and strictly genetically connected with the English gargs?
Well, of course, Leo could shave it off. He could theoretically use Nair too.
I doubt Goliath could grow a mane, however.
Care to explain why the gargoyles in the British isles are so different since in London we have animal headed ways, in Loch Ness aquatic gargoyles and in wyvern the generic ishimura/guatemala kind?
'Generic ishimura/guatemala kind', huh? Don't agree with that.
But no, I don't currently care to explain it.
Are there Scottish/Japanese looking gargoyles living in the London Clan or are they all animal headed?
Assumptions... tsk, tsk, tsk....
What does Una sell in her magic shop? Magical items?
If so isn't it kinda dangerous by putting magic into the hands of people who probably don't understand it at all?
Mostly they sell crap. It's like any magic and/or occult store.