A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1.What is the real name of the Archmage?
2.Who named Goliath?
3.We know Bruno is the leader of the Commando. Do you have names for the rest of the Commandoes?
1. Don't know.
2. Prince Malcolm.
Would you accept with the assessment that the portrayal of Bodhe throughout 'City of Stone' was that of a spineless coward? (doesn't come to his friend's or even young daughter's aid - gives Gruoch to Gillecomgain - suggests that Macbeth surrenders - suggest that he murders child Canmore) and so on...
I had a lot of contempt for Bodhe. Which may be unfair. Who knows what the historical Bodhe was like? I may have slandered him worse than Shakespeare slandered Macbeth.
But when you just now (back in July) called him a spineless coward, it made me balk. And the reason is that I just saw City, Part IV again recently. (The first episode my grandmother ever saw. All she kept talking about was how attractive Macbeth was.) And Bodhe has a moment when he gives Macbeth's crown to Luach... It suggests to me that maybe late (too late) in life, Bodhe had a change of heart. I like to think that he died a good death, by his grandson's side, fighting for kith, kin and country. (I know. I'm a sap. But I just hate two dimensional characters.)
Nice of you to remember me, during yer all-night "rant" session...Anyho, here's my questions:
1) What year did Hudson hatch?
2) When exactly was Castle Wyvern built? Demona mentioned,
"That these cliffs were our homes, long before the Humans'"
3)How many eggs can a female Gargoyle lay, at one time?
4) When a female Gargoyle goes into "heat", does she give
off a scent, or something?
5) AND, FINALLY, just where did Thom get his tattoo???
1. 878 A.D.
2. Which time?
4. I'm sure she does.
5. Los Angeles... (And I don't have a clue what you're hinting about.)
Also, I should have blown off questions 3-5, cause they're on different topics. But they were short, so you got lucky.
Hi Greg, I got another question here.
Did the Archmage ever come into conflict with Roman Catholic Church? One would get the feeling that practicing the black arts would get him burnt at the stake or at least ex-communicated.
It's certainly possible, but keep in mind he was largely operating some distance from where the Church's worldly power held much sway.
How the heck was castle Wyvern built in as few as four years? (Since construction hadn't started in 971 but it was fully built in 975)
Long story, but there were ruins, a foundation, lots of help from gargoyles and the Arch-Mage, etc. Lots can happen in four years.
Are you planning on writing any more of "Once upon a time there were three brothers"?
If so; Could you do so relatively soon?
But not now. I'm totally swamped.
See my next rambling...
Hi Greg! Will you please tell us: 1) the story behind how the Pheonix Gate ended up in Elena's dowry, and/or 2) The identity of the 5th UltraPack member?
1. No. Not in the mood.
2. As this question is on a completely separate topic, you'll have to resubmit it as a separate post.
Better luck next time.
Thanks Greg for ansering my quistions
If the Dark ages was ever made would we see alot of Hudson's rookery mates. And Goliaths and Demonas rookery sibblings and also the trio rookery sibblings. And also would some of them been some of the main chacters?
Goliath, Demona, Desdemona, Iago and Othello would all have been major characters. Along with Hudson.
The Trio would have been supporting character. I'm not saying we wouldn't have seen more of their siblings, but that age group would not have been the focus.
I'm sure we'd have met other gargoyles eventually.
Oops.. I thought of another one.. hee hee ;-)
Ok... now, we know that in 994, the Wyvern Clan was almost completely wiped out (with the exception of Goliath, Demona, etc.), and you said that Demona lead a clan of stragglers from other broken Scotish clans. I also remember someone asking 'Approximately how many gargoyles are alive today?" and you said about 400 and there are gargoyles all over the world. Ok.. now for the actual question, if there are gargoyles all over the world in the past as well as the present, what happened to them? We know the Wyvern clan was destroyed, but that doesn't really explain what happened to the gargoyles in another part of the world. Was there like a disease that occured that swept over all the world that decimated their race (sort of like the plauge did in Europe to humans)? Or were most of the clans at one point betrayed the way the Wyvern clan was, or some other reason?
Most were destroyed by humans.
Hiya! First of all i'd like to say that you have made an excellent series, congrats on the great work. Ok...I'm a first-timer but I have read the archives so I'll be careful not to ask anything that I can remember already being asked.
1) Why is it that it took Goliath so long to finally except Angela as his daughter but it didn't take Demona very long at all? infact, it seemed as though she had completely excepted Angela as hers, not even asking about the other members of the rookery. Any reason for this?
2) If you had to pick one, which would you say is the most truly Evil villain on the show? (The one who is bad merely to see people suffer or something)
3) Since what biologic ages would you say that Goliath and Demona were a couple?
Well.. although I've been itchin' to do this for so long but wasn't able to because it had been down, I can't remember any of the questions I had lined up... oh well.. I'll save them for another day i suppose.
Now to answer my first question of ASK GREG - The Next Generation.
1. Goliath was very concerned about playing favorites. Angela, to his mind, was way too concerned about him as her BIOLOGICAL father. To his upbringing, that showed bad taste. Of course, she was raised differently. Once Diane Maza pointed out to Goliath that Angela was the only daughter in the vicinity, Goliath lept at the chance to be her dad. It's not that he didn't love her, but he was a novice father and he didn't want to screw up.
Demona's motivations, as usual, were more complicated. Assuming Sevarius filled her in about Angela sometime between "Sanctuary" and "The Reckoning", Demona had time to plan an "attack" on her daughter, or at least on her daughter's loyalties. As usual, Demona is her own worst enemy. She initially saw Angela as an opportunity, not a child. By the time she realized how important Angela truly was to her, it was all but too late.
2. Gee... Did we have any of those? I guess Hyena, Jackal and Wolf sorta qualify. Proteus was pretty nasty. Yeah. Maybe Proteus.
3. Don't have my timeline here with me, so I can't pin it down exactly. But by 971 they were already falling for each other, so that should give you an idea...