A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Well I was wondering something about Superman and Superboy. Most versions Superman can run at about the Speed of Light. 1. Can Earth 16 Superman run at Super Speed?
2. If so can Superboy as well?
3. If Superboy does have super speed is he faster than Wally or is that power weaker like his strength is compared to Superman.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. BTW Your show is by far the best show on Cartoon Network.
1. It depends how you define super-speed. He can run faster than a human, certainly. But nowhere near as fast as Kid Flash. Speed of light? No chance.
2. Same answer, though he's not quite as fast as Superman.
3. See above.
So we know that Miss Martian came to Earth by stowing away on Martian Manhunter's ship. But there's one thing that I am unsure about.
1. Did she have her parents' permission to leave them to stay with her uncle or did she run away from them for that purpose?
1. She ran away without telling anyone. After J'onn discovered her, he contacted her parents, and they agreed that M'gann could stay on Earth.
Is the character Sha Shan Nguyen based on any pre-existing character in the Spiderman comics?
Yes. She's based on the character Sha Shan, who was Flash's girlfriend for awhile - and then wanted to kill him - and then didn't, and then dumped him cold when he cheated on her - and then pretty much disappeared until I brought her back in an issue of Amazing Spider-Man as his physical therapist. And then... um, I don't think she's appeared since.
Anyway, she was always a favorite of mine. And I always thought that she was THE ONE for Flash.
How would you nominate the Reach's speech pattern? Why do they say "gratitude" and "appologies" instead of "thank you" and "sorry"? It reminds me of Spartacus. What kind of speech pattern is that? Regal?
Anyway, it reminds me of Spartacus too. Probably because I more or less ripped Spartacus off, cuz I thought it was cool.
But in theory, they're just translating their speech patterns from their native language.
Do you remember what the first superhero comic you ever read was?
Nope. It'd be cool if I could though.
Why couldn't Miss Martian remember she could phase through doors in Before the Dawn?
It's not that she couldn't remember. It's that, in general, she was in shock. And she couldn't focus on anything.
Here's hoping you're in a sharing mood. From your timeline, you have revealed the following vague events that line up with a Gathering date and a character played by one of the special guests:
July 19, 1997: Goliath makes a bargain.
August 14, 1998: Vinnie visits family.
June 25, 1999: Lexington goes into business.
June 22, 2001: A crisis brings together representatives of four clans.
June 28, 2002: Vinnie's quest begins.
June 27, 2003: Lexington holds a press conference.
August 6, 2004: Goliath is briefly forced into hiding.
July 29, 2005: Lexington takes a chance and loses.
June 23, 2006: Obsidiana comes to the United States of America.
June 22, 2007: Lexington continues his journey.
We're still missing Gatherings 2000, 2008, and 2009. Any chance that you're in the mood to give us the last three?
August 3, 2000 - Lexington faces an extremely hostile takeover.
June 27, 2008 - Eggs are stolen from the Manhattan rookery.
August 21, 2009 - Thailog attacks.
How old is detective Jim Daniels?
By the end of Season One, Detective Daniels was 34.
In the comic it showed Captain Atom lecturing the team, does he or nightwing still do that with the new recruits?
Cap's been a bit busy recently, but the general policy is training from the top down. If it's stuff that the senior members of the Team can handle, they do. But specialists are still specialists, and Cap has espionage experience that I'm sure he'd still be willing to pass down.
Soo I loved #23! (And I'm totally buying that T-shirt btw) I just had one question about what Batman said to Robin in the issue: "We exist to stand up where and when others can't or won't-not to consider ourselves matchless" ...I don't quite understand what that's supposed to mean...and judging by the art Tim looked annoyed at that but I could be misreading the facial expression. Thanks!
I think you're misreading the expression.
Anyway, Batman means that he and Robin do NOT exist out of some misguided belief that no one else is capable of doing the job.
There are certain characters that were created specifically for Teen Titans. If you wanted to, could you bring those characters into YJ, or are they not up for grabs? Just curious, because I'd love to see your take on characters like Kyd Wykydd and the like. I thought you might be able to, since you sort of adapted TT's Cheshire mask, but I know that's a pretty different situation, as Cheshire's been around much longer than the Teen Titans show. Anyway, let me say that I really appreciate how you read your fans' questions, and I hope you're able to answer mine.
I assume we have access to everything, unless I'm told otherwise.
Do you think you can at least give me a hint as to what Cassie and Bart want to do in the future. I am not really familiar with the comic-verse, but I recall Cassie having barely any life outside the Titans. Is it the same in earth-16?
Sorry if this is a spoiler by the way. I really appreciate the incredible amount of effort you and the entire crew place into this show. I can't wait for the fifth!
Cassie does have a life outside the Team. She has a mom and goes to school and has other friends, etc. Any plans for the future, would be a SPOILER REQUEST.
Bart is just starting to have a life outside of the Team. He lives with the Garricks and has started school. But he's much more focused on PREVENTING the future he knows than on figuring out what he might do should a more positive future arrive.
Was the manner of Artemis's 'death' in Depths a reference to last year's Doctor Who episode The Impossible Astronaut, in which an assailant rose up out of the water and 'killed' the Doctor?
Hi Greg, love the show. Brilliant stuff!
Quick question: Did Wally and Artemis know about Kaldur being undercover from day one, or did Dick only let them in on the secret when he realized he could use her in his plan?
1. Why is it that, even after five years of being on the team, Dick still hides his identity?
2. In Happy New Year, Dick told Tim "Just don't die, okay?" Was this a subtle reminder of Jason, that Dick was more hurt by Jason's death then we have seen? (If this is a spoiler I apologize)
1. He hides it from newbies, perhaps out of habit and/or policy. Again, revealing his identity as good as reveals Batman's, so it's not strictly his choice to make.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED. But, yes.
Do Red Arrow and Artemis get along now?
Does Artemis know her sister and Red Arrow were married? Does she know they have a child?
You say that while making the Gargoyles comics you like to pretent to cast a voice actor in your head. (or something like that.) With that in mind, did you "cast" anyone as the voice of...
2) Selena Gonzalez
4) Henry Yarrow
5) The Collector of Worlds (AKA Brainiac)
...in the Young Justice comic book series.
1. I haven't written any issue where Hawkman speaks.
2. I didn't write that issue.
3. I didn't write that issue.
4. Charles Hallahan. (I realize that's not a practical choice, but that's who I heard.)
5. Patrick Stewart.
When Crispin Freeman voiced Speedy and Red Arrow in Satisfaction, does he get paid for one or two characters? Technically they are separate characters, but one's a clone of the other.
They are two characters, but we get two characters for the price of one, per SAG rules. (We get a third character for a small additional fee. But if we want a fourth character, it's another full payment, and it all basically starts over, i.e. five costs the same as four, etc.)
1. In Insecurities (one of my faves of S1), Artemis was upset because she thought Batman & Green Arrow took her as a pity case, was she also thinking the whole team was in on it? Or just the Leaguers?
2. This is weird haha but I really liked the lighting at the end of that episode when she and her dad were talking, those shadows and that score, one of the best composed scenes for sure.
1. I don't think she really thought it out at all.
Big fan here, and I am from China mainland. Where people can't get to watch Young Justice at first hand legally because we don't have Cartoon Network here.
Most of us watch it online or download from foreign websites.
and I am translating Young justice into Chinese subtitles and provide it online so more people could enjoy the show.
so I want to know how you feel about this.
Does it bother you because I know all these action are not legal nor the right thing to do.
But it is the fact that this is the only way we can catch the show as all of the fans do.
If you read this, I'd really hope you could reply with your thoughts and feelings. Many thanks!
Hey FnGs... I don't know how to answer this. You're telling me about illegal activity and, what, looking for me to condone it?
Obviously, I'd love for as many people as possible to see (and understand) the series. But I can't go on record supporting an illegal act. You see that, right?
1. Was Mercy Graves a teen or an adult (or a teenage adult) when she met Luthor?
2. Was she trained in combat before she met him?
3. Is her weaponized arm the only cybernetic part of her body, or does she have other cyborg features? (I wondered after all those awesome moves in high heels during "Satisfaction" if she didn't have robot legs! Or else a VERY sturdy pair of shoes!!)
Love the show! "Satisfaction" was my favorite episode so far but I can't wait to see the remainder of Season 2. :)
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. She has robot shoes. The left shoe allows her to travel seven leagues in one step. The right shoe cracks a lot of jokes at Luthor's expense.
Oh I forgot to add, I just bought the YJ tee-shirt! I love it with a passion. I'm too happy to finally have some merchandise!
I bought it too!
Plus I also have my YJ crew t-shirt, and my "Hello, Megan!" crew t-shirt. (The latter was made for us by Nicole Dubuc.)
Hello Mr. Greg Weisman,
With the introduction of the Forever People and Desaad in "Disordered," the introduction of Gordon Godfrey in Young Justice: Invasion, and the use of Apokoliptian technology in several episodes of the series thus far, the hints of a coming presence of the New Gods seems to be making itself clear.
I know that, as I have read in the AskGreg Archives, you have stated multiple times that Young Justice is not affected by the New 52. However, I thought you should need to know about what the New Gods are doing in the New 52. Please read below.
The New Gods that have appeared thus far in the New 52 & what they have been doing:
Darkseid - In the New 52, Darkseid was re-introduced as the main antagonist in issues #1-6 of "Justice League." He led his forces to attack the mainstream DC universe in an effort to search for his daughter, who is apparently a new character in the comics. Thanks to the efforts of the Justice League, Darkseid was sent away via Boomtube, but not before he swore to return. It also seems that Darkseid has been acting behind-the scenes during the flashback events that happened in issue #1 of "Earth 2," given that he made no actual appearance in the issue. Darkseid has not yet made any future appearances since then... though it is easy to suspect that the search for his daughter still continues throughout the multiverse…
Desaad - His only appearance in the New 52 thus far was in issue #6 of "Justice League," in which he was involved in the brutal torture of Superman. I don't think he's been seen or heard of since then…
Steppenwolf - He also made an appearance in issue #6 of "Justice League," in which he was also involved in Superman's torture. With the failure of the Apokoliptian invasion of the mainstream DC universe, he makes his next appearance in issue #1 of "Earth 2." Aside from personally leading an Apokoliptian invasion on this parallel Earth, he had a notable role in personally killing Earth-2's version of Wonder Woman. When the invasion was stopped by Earth-2's version of the Trinity (at the cost of their lives), Steppenwolf was not seen or heard from again. I've heard that issue #8 of "Earth 2" is going to show off Steppenwolf again and that the issue was going to explain what he has been doing on Earth-2 for five years after the failed invasion.
Orion - Orion was re-introduced at the end of issue #12 of "Wonder Woman." Oddly enough, as he rises from the snow, picks up his helmet, and leaves somewhere via Boomtube, the dialogue in the last couple of pages in that issue implies that the fall of the Olympian Gods (at least, the ones exiting in the mainstream DC universe) gives rise to the New Gods. Honestly, I have no idea what it could mean. Anyway, Orion seems to play a role in some issues of "Wonder Woman." From what I think I understand, it seems that Orion has been given a mission by the Highfather to prevent the end of The Source itself… Pretty strange if you ask me…
Darkseid's daughter - Quite honestly, there's not much that is known about Darkseid's daughter. She has made no appearance thus far, and her name has not yet been given… Finding her is apparently Darkseid's top priority, as evidenced in issue #6 of "Justice League." The Apokoliptian invasion of Earth-2, as shown in issue #1 of "Earth 2" seems to suggest that Darkseid has launched an assault on ANY and ALL parallel Earths in the DC multiverse; all for the sake of finding his daughter. To further support this evidence, in issue #6 of "Justice League," Superman, upon being rescued from torture, stated that he saw images of a multiverse faced with death and torture at Darkseid's hands. This means that the mainstream DC universe and Earth-2 were not the only victims of assaults from the forces of Apokolips.
Thanks for taking the time to reading this posting. I'm not sure if this may be relevant to you or the Earth-16 universe, but I hope you didn't mind me sharing this with you.
Again, thank you,
You know, I appreciate the thought, but I DON'T need to know any of this. Earth-16 is NOT in continuity with the New 52. That's NOT a value judgement. It's just a hard fact of when we began and completed production.
What did Wade Eiling and Alec Rois do during the Cambodian-Vietnamese War and the Soviet-Afghan War?
I wanted to ask about the Milestone characters. I read in an earlier answer that the issues between the company and DC had nothing to do with the sudden DC Nation hiatus, which I'm completely relieved to hear. But I also read somewhere that one the Milestone founders said that the entire issue with DC's use of Milestone characters are for publication rights and not animation rights. If this is true, would that be the reason for Icon and I'm assuming Rocket's omission from the YJ companion comic's issues 21-23? It seems to make sense to me seeing as they're not in the DC owned comic anymore, but are still supposed to be in the show.
Anyway thanks so much for creating such an amazing show and I'm soooo pumped for YJ's return in January!
I've already said all I know on this subject. We were told - without explanation - to remove Rocket and Icon from issues 21-25. No one EVER said anything to us about removing Rocket, Icon or Virgil from the television show. It never came up. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE.
1. Did you give Slade a ponytail because you wanted to increase his sass level?
2. In another question someone asked where Artemis was in Image and you said "Does it matter? Anyway, hopefully I'll get to tell that story some day." and now I'm curious as to what that story is but I'm guessing that's a SPOILER request. So instead I'll ask was it a story that was meant to be told on the actual show or in the tie-in comics?
1. <chuckle> Actually, I don't usually talk out of school here, but I was AGAINST the ponytail from the start. But I was over-ruled by Brandon and Phil. Later, when Phil was designing Deathstroke again for one of WB's DVDs, he told me I was right. Fat lot of good THAT did, huh? ;)
I love Young Justice, I grown very attached to it and all the characters, your doing a good job with this series. I also enjoy your humor and sarcasm when you answer some of these questions.
Thanks. (That wasn't meant to be sarcastic though. Sorry.)
Love this show I watch it more than I got my little brother to watch it too, I love the way everything is connected and Im always surprised by what happens next.
Here are my questions
1. Was Artemis a member for the league of Shadows?
2. Does Artemis have a criminal record? she mentioned it when she had to go undercover in jail to talk to Icicle Jr or was she just making that up?
3. Does Dick attend college? or have a job? or has his hero life taken up most of his time?
4. Did you make up all the atlantean and alien languages or were they already established by DC? if you made them up how throughly did you have to develop them?
5. Does the Justice league control the team or are they two separate groups that often work together?
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. He attends college part-time. And also takes courses on-line.
4. The Atlantean language is (loosely) based on Ancient Greek, translated for us by Aris Katsaris. (Any errors in utilizing Aris' translations are mine.)
4a. The Rannian language was invented by Alan Moore in the pages of his Swamp Thing comic. Nicole Dubuc studied what Alan had done and became our Rannian translator.
4b. Nicole and I made up the Martian language by extrapolating from the few existing Martian proper names that we knew from the comics.
4c. I made up the New Genesian language based on a fictional language I created in junior high and high school.
4d. I more or less made up Interlac.
5. Well, technically the Team operates under the auspices of the League, but in Season Two, as you can see, they function semi-autonomously and no longer must wait for assignments from Batman or the League. Though of course, if the League needed them for a mission, they'd hop to it.
1) Does the glamour charm alter voices automatically or must Artemis purposely rasp and deepen her voice as Tigress?
2) If Artemis told someone besides the three guys that she's Artemis, would the charm automatically not work on that person any more? We saw Miss Martian and Artemis talking telepathically and Tigress reverted back to Artemis in M'gann's eyes so I was wondering if that would happen should Artemis blurt out her secret.
3) I understand that Queen Bee's phremones work based on the attraction of the individual to a woman. So would that mean homosexual and asexual human males would not be influenced by her?
1. In Universe, it works automatically.
3. They would not, generally. No.
YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION: Episode #217: "The Hunt": Credits:
Posting the credits for the latest episode here at ASK GREG to compensate for how minute they are and how quickly they zip by on the air. Please note, that I'm just cutting, pasting and reformatting the final credits from a document. It's possible that as the episode was posted, changes, mistakes, additions, etc. were made for the version that aired...
Young Justice Theme and Music By
Casting & Voice Direction
Starring The Voices Of
Tim Curry as G. Gordon Godfrey
Crispin Freeman as Arsenal
Kevin Grevioux as Black Beetle
Bryton James as Virgil Hawkins
Janice Kawaye as Asami "Sam" Koizumi
Phil LaMarr as Reach Ambassador
Jesse McCartney as Nightwing
Danica McKellar as Miss Martian
Masasa Moyo as Reach Scientist, Bumblebee
Gregg Rainwater as Tye Longshadow
Freddy Rodriguez as Eduardo "Ed" Dorado, Jr.
Mark Rolston as Lex Luthor
Based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment
Nightwing Created By
Marv Wolfman and George Perez
Miss Martian Created By
Geoff Johns and Tony Daniel
G. Gordon Godfrey Created By
Virgil Hawkins Created By
Assistant Production Manager
Lead Character Design
Jerome K. Moore
BG Key Design
Animation Timing Director
James Tim Walker
Ink & Paint
Supervising Dialogue/ADR Editor
Mark A. Keatts
Post Production Manager
Dialogue Recording Studio
Recording Machine Operators
Jeff O. Collins
Post Production Sound Services
Audio Circus, Inc.
MOI Animation, Inc.
Yangsuk Kim (Director)
Executive In Charge Of Music
Business And Legal Affairs
John Michael Beach
Joulene St. Catherine
Executive in Charge of Production
Executives In Charge Of Production For Cartoon Network
Brian E. S. Jones
This motion picture is protected under the laws of the United States of America and other countries. Any unauthorized duplication, copying, distribution, exhibition or use may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
© 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Country of first publication United States Of America
YOUNG JUSTICE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
Warner Bros Animation Inc. is the author of this film/motion picture for the purposes of Article 15 (2) of the Berne Convention and all national laws giving effect thereto.
There are, as always, a bunch of people who ALSO helped out but don't receive credits on screen for various (legal and precedent) reasons.
A handful (in no particular order) include...
Curtis Koller - Talent Coordinator
Eric Lewis, CAS - Dialogue Sound Mixer
Chris Eaton - Assistant Engineer
Otis Van Osten - Sound Supervisor
Ron Salaises - Sound Effects editor
Carlos Sanches - Re-Recording Mixer
Stacy Michaels - Foley Mixer
Alex Ulrich - Foley Walker
John Wells - Research
Aris Katsaris - Atlantean Translator
Winson Seto - Publicity
I know I'm probably forgetting some folks, and I REALLY apologize! If you send me a reminder, I'll pimp you in another post!
YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION: EPISODE: 217: "The Hunt": Premieres!
Lex Luthor! Black Beetle! Mongul! Despero (sort of)! The Ambassador! G. GORDON GODFREY!! And those are just the good guys! (kidding, kidding)
Watch "The Hunt" on DC Nation, this coming Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 (and rerunning Sunday, February 24th, 2013), along with another episode of Green Lantern and more DC Nation Super-Hero shorts. For times, check local listings. But don't miss it!
I Love young justice soooo much! I have heard some rumors about the show possibly being canceled after season 2 ends. I love this show terribly and i just would like reassurance that this isn't the case.
No one's used the word cancelled.
1: How fast can Rocket fly
2: Can Wolf reproduce himself with other wolves. And how would the pups come out
3: Why is Sportsmaster so gimmicked around sports equipment? Did he have a traumatic childhood experience with pucks or something?
4: Does Canada have any superheroes?
1. I don't know.
2. I don't know yet.
3. It works for him.
4. I haven't researched that.
In "Satisfaction", Sportsmaster complained about the damage Artemis' death does to his professional reputation.
1. How much of the villain community was aware he "had" a daughter working as a hero?
2. Do the ones that know think less of him for it?
1. Pretty much everyone by Season Two.
2. Nothing's monolithic.
Was Icon part of Issues 21 and 23? I assume he wasn't only removed from the cover, but from the issues as well...
How can this happen without running it through you, the writer?
How will this affect the story?
After issue 20 was published and after issues 21-24 were written and while I was in the middle of writing 25, I was informed by DC that both Icon and Rocket had to be removed from all of the last five issues. I was never told why. Icon was originally one of Kylstar's "weapons" and Rocket was originally with Zatanna, Nightwing, Sphere, Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle infiltrating the Collector's vessel.
Is La'gaan's name based on the word "lagan", meaning: Anything sunk in the sea, but attached to a buoy or the like so that it may be recovered"?
Nope. It was a name I came up with by extrapolating backward from Lagoon.
First of all awesome series. I've been meaning to post for some time and really wanted to thank you for your work and your communication/support with fans. It is much appreciated. I didn't like Season 2 originally but I've been growing used to it and it is awesome. Also "Failsafe" was perhaps the most interesting episode (for me) of Season 1. Ever since I saw it, my mind kept saying FORESHADOWING! and here it's coming with Season 2. Season 2's Invasion and the Team virtually taking over for the League just go to show how these guys and girls are really filling some big shoes.
1. Any chance of getting Khary Payton to say "BOOYAH!" in the series? Just for old times' sake...
2. I thought your spin-off Celebrity Hot Tub was a great idea, and am disappointed it didn't go through, but thanks a lot for sharing it! Did the people at DC Nation/MAD give a reason they didn't want to use it? I don't think it was your intention at all, but do you think it was because every celebrity had black in their name and they would consider it racist? Again I don't think it was and I am not saying you were.
3. Maybe when it airs on TV I'll see it, but in "Before the Dawn" how did Superboy get inside the Reach's underwater fortress disguised as a guard? Did it happen off camera and if so what happened?
4. Something similar with "Beneath" when Psimon says Batman was away or out of the picture when he and the others caught Batgirl; wasn't Bumblebee within earshot? It sure seemed like she saw Batgirl get caught and could have heard so did she and never informed or was it mistake in the episode's production?
5. This last part is a ramble...sort of...I don't expect an answer. Isn't it interesting that the Green Lanterns are away from earth, Superman, Martian Manhunter, the Hawks, and Icon are aliens, Wonder Woman is an Amazon, and Batman has no superpowers. In short no superhero with a Meta-Gene seems to have left Earth to stand trial at Rimbor (I think that's the planet) and the majority who left are aliens. The Green Lanterns possess the most powerful weapons on the planet and are away from there home planet. Perhaps the strongest woman on earth is no longer present. The smartest and richest superhero is MIA. No League Members who are Aliens are currently on Earth. Seems risky...Good luck YJ
PS I do have Flash questions which I'll save for later. Barry Allen is my favorite superhero, but I don't quite agree with your portrayal of him, but for that another post. I really wanted to get these asked before I forget. Thanks again Greg! Keep up the great work.
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. I wasn't given much in the way of specifics. But in case it wasn't obvious, Khary and I intended it to be - on one level, at least - a parody of Blaxsploitationism.
3. He switched in at the docks.
4. Why is it a problem if Bumblebee heard?
In the gargs universe, was Excalibur an ordinary sword that had something "done" to it to make it special? Or was it created to be Excalibur from its beginning? Thank you! :-)
How often does the Justice League visit New Zealand?
I asked you this question for a number of reasons:
1. The most obvious one is that most superheroes do not use guns and unlike America, most of our police force do not carry guns and we will continue not to carry them. Our general policing is not and will never be the culture of the gun.
2. Crime still happens in New Zealand even though we are a very safe nation.
3. We handle terrorism, gun crime, police brutality and corruption very seriously.
4. We frequently show wanted faces and serious crimes in a popular and successful TV show called "Police Ten Seven". &
5. We are one of the least corrupt police forces in the world.
But it also makes it sound like New Zealand is a place that doesn't need the Justice League all that much.
But I'd sure like to go!!
I have a question about Vendettas. When Vinnie first encounters Goliath and Wolf fighting he was driving a fork lift. Why was this? Was that his job at the time? It would amuse me to think that Vinnie brought his pie firing cannon to work. Then again he mostly encountered the Gargoyles at work, so maybe he wasn't being so illogical.
Boy, it's been a LONG time since I watched that episode. Wasn't he tracking them? Then he made use of the forklift because it was there? Honestly, I just can't remember. But what you're suggesting doesn't sound right.
*** Dexter Season 7 spoilers ***
After two lack luster seasons of Dexter, I thought Season 7 had some great writing and I really enjoyed all the call backs to previous events. Most of the episodes had me on the edge of my seat especially during the Dexter/Deb scenes and during the later Dexter/Hannah scenes. I was fairly certain that Deb took a page out of Dexter's book of deception and poisoned herself to frame Hannah. I felt that the writers were building toward the complete corruption of Deb, but I never realized that it would be in the way that it would happen in the finale. I loved how Dexter used Hannah's words on Deb which felt like honesty with a hint of manipulation. The overall theme of the latest season laid the groundwork for the final season while still providing great satisfaction with each plot element. Sadly, the season was not without flaw as while the main characters shined, the minor ones did not get that same opportunity. I really have no idea how the show is going to end and I like that. I want to be surprised. I don't want to see it coming. What did you think?
Thanks for taking the time to respond and good luck with the second half of season 2 of Young Justice: Invasion. Take care.
Well, for starters, I wouldn't agree that the last two seasons of Dexter were lackluster. I enjoyed both thoroughly. But I also thought this season was great. I thought it was structurally VERY odd - with characters building to less (and even more) than you'd expect - and like you, I thought Deb had poisoned herself, but I think that was a red herring that they wanted us to think.
I do wish that in the very last scene, both Dexter and Deb had been wearing a change of clothes, but...
Did Mal Duncan become involved with the Team before or after Bumblebee joined?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
A few questions about Artemis and Icicle Jr(Cameron) on Young Justice
1)a)Does Artemis still like Icicle Junior (as a friend)? since they used to be friends and b)does he still like her? OR c) do they despise each other now in season 2?
2)What kind of relationship do they have?
3) Have they ever spoken to each other as friends again since the time they saw each other when Artemis was "arrested" ?
4)a)Does Cameron know that Artemis died? b)How does he feel about it?
5) Did Cameron ever find out about Artemis being a hero?
1a. Still? You're assuming she ever liked him. I won't confirm or deny that assumption.
1b. I'm sure he's still attracted to her.
1c. Despise is such a strong word.
2. You're assuming they have ANY relationship. I won't confirm or deny that assumption.
3. Ever? I guess so.
4b. Probably thinks it's a waste.
5. Ultimately, yes.
1. Was the ash not raining down anymore and Happy Harbor being slightly larger after Impulse left the Future intentional?
2. Do all Team Members have stealth tech?
3. Are Bette Kane and Dick dating as of "Before the Dawn" or was she a one-night stand?
1. I didn't notice Happy Harbor being larger. Frankly, I can't recall if I noticed Happy Harbor at all.
2. Not all of them need it.
Hi there, Sir!
I think I may be one of your biggest Russian fans! I'm visiting Australia at the moment, but I always try and watch and get new episodes off iTunes when they come out.
I know you've heard this a billion times before; but condolences to you, I am so sorry for what CN did to you and your fantabulous show! I am so happy that it will be coming back soon!
I have a few questions, IF you don't mind me asking.
1.Why can you not comment on the situation that CN has put you in? Is this legal issues, or just plainly because you do not know why they did what they did? I'm hoping by the time you reach this question, the whole waiting game will be done, and the episodes will be back on TV.
2.How do you feel about music montages in shows? Would you even consider doing something like this? And if you would- would you use already known music- tunes that had been in the charts, or even just well known tunes- or do you prefer using music that is plainly made for your show?
3.Would you be allowed to use the type of music in my previous question- or would there be legal issues surrounding this? How would one be able to put that certain music onto the show? Licensing or...?
4.Concerning Superboy and the Real!Roy Harper (I have noticed people write it like this.)- why did Superboy need so much less DNA then Clone!Roy- did they not took a whole arm, right? Why could they not have just took DNA in the way they took genetic material from Superman- or was this because of the fact that Superboy also had Lexs' DNA in him?
5.About Superboy and DNA- why does he not look like both Superman and Lex. I know he is a clone of Superman, but if he had Lexs' DNA too, wouldn't this give him some shared physical attributes with Lex? Or am I just overestimating how much of Lexs' DNA was used?
Thank you very very much, Sir, for your time and your great efforts with the show.
1. I DID comment: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=982 I may feel free to say more after episode #220 has aired.
2a. Uh... I'm not constitutionally opposed to them. Though I often think they've been misused and abused to the point of being reduced to cliche.
2b. Sure. Though often that's a luxury of time that we can't afford. Our episodes tend toward the jam-packed. And even with that, people complain weekly about what we LEAVE OUT of every episode.
2c. There's no way we could EVER afford to use a pre-existing tune in our series. Those are very expensive, and it's not in our budget.
3. Well, of course, there would be legal issues if we tried to use existing music without paying for it! (Which, of course, we would never do.) But otherwise, it's a budgetary issue.
4. Both Roy Harpers are real. Roy was cloned YEARS before Superman was. Project Cadmus had made advances since then.
5. Human DNA was only used to bridge gaps in the Kryptonian sequence.
This will be risking DELETION huh?S
Spectacular spider-man ended...but it was an awesome show that adapted the great elements about spider-man.I don't have a problem with Ultimate spider-man but your show was amazing,SPECTACULAR even. Also love Young Justice!The five year time skip was surprising but the writing is great.Hope superboy doesn't punch reality;)That would be really surprising.Anyway, in a vain attempt to not get DELETED I will ask a question:
1)How do you feel about 52 joker
2)How about him,um,uh,losing face
1. Haven't seen it.
2. I don't know what you're referring to.
First of all, I really want to thank you and everyone on the YJ crew for this amazing series! Now, for the question:
In regards to additional seasons, do you guys get any indication as to whether or not Cartoon Network is interested in continuing the series earlier on in the season, later/ near the end, or whenever they feel like it?
That last one.
How much research did you have to do before starting on Young Justice? How did you go about doing research (ie wikis, movies, comics, etc)?
I feel like I've answered this before, but...
I read a ton of comics, starting with the big black and white Showcase Teen Titans reprint volumes and all the Young Justice comics that I could get my hands on, plus a few other random things, including most of my own collection of New Teen Titans, Flash, Green Lantern, DC Comics Presents, Captain Atom, etc. I also watched a bunch of episodes of Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans. (Although this was mostly done to avoid copying what they had done.) I also read through (or at least skimmed) pretty much the entire DC Encyclopedia. Occasionally, I'd do a quick check of something on Wikipedia and/or ComicVine or my own old issues of Who's Who. And when I needed to go deep - John Wells was there to help out.
Plus, keep in mind that I'm a huge geek that's been in this game professionally since 1983 and reading comics since, 1969ish... So I knew a lot of stuff already. Plus there's Brandon and Phil and a ton of other geeks that worked on the show.
Greetings, Mr. Weisman. By the time you answer this, the world has been proven not to end. Huzzah!
This is my third installment of questions. I don't expect to see Parasite in the comics (whatever time it has left) or the rest of Season 2, so I hope all questions about him won't run afoul of the spoiler rules.
1. Parasite was shown to be able to simultaneously access multiple powers at once (he used heat vision with telekinesis during his final battle). Why wasn't he able to access Dawn Danger's telepathy (and discover Robin's Hail Mary plan) or simulate flight using her telekinesis? Parasite commented that she tasted like Martian Manhunter, implying that he's "borrowed" his powers before, so presumably he would know about the full set of Martian powers.
2. Parasite's power absorption comes with the instant ability to harness those powers, implying there's some knowledge transfer going on. For example, Dan Danger's acrobatic abilities didn't come from any metahuman powers, but from years of physical training. In this incarnation, does he gain access to any of his victims' memories?
This quest is Tangentially related to Parasite, although it deals more with Shields (both topics I hope are copacetic)
3. According to Luthor, Superboy's shields act as a DNA dampener, allowing Connor to fully tap into his Kryptonian powers. Those powers are, in Superman's case, powered by yellow sun radiation. Once Parasite drains this store of power, it's like draining a battery - even Superman must recharge from the sun. This brings to mind an interesting conundrum - the shields were able to instantly repower Superboy, implying that it doesn't function as a human DNA dampener (the denouement happened at night), but more like a steroid patch. The question is, are the shields exactly as Luthor said they were?
This one veers into speculation territory, although I hope I've successfully framed it as a "safe" question:
4. After Miss Martian did something to Aqualad, why didn't Tigress just surrender outright to her and Beast Boy? That would have provided both of them, and especially Aqualad, with a convenient "out" of their deep cover mission. Aqualad's mission was, after all, to join the Light, know the Partner, and rescue the abductees - all of which he accomplished.
This one is an aside question, answered affirmatively by b.t. in the DC Animation forums. I'm hoping to see your take on this.
5. In his crusade as Batman, Bruce Wayne has at times appropriated company resources and technology without clearing it up with his company's Board of Directors. He doesn't flaunt this behavior the same way he did in the DCAU (costs of Watchtower construction was a line item hidden in the WayneCorp Space R&D Budget), but certainly some of his tech (the Batplane, the Batcomputer, the Batcave) is based on purloined technology. So my question is - do you consider Bruce Wayne as a white collar crook for misappropriating company assets?
1a. You're assuming telepathy is (a) easy and (b) not thwartable. I think we've demonstrated over and over in this series that neither is true.
1b. He probably could have. But using Superboy's flight power is/was easier.
3. There's a TON of ambient solar radiation around our world, even at night - else we'd all freeze to death every night. But I think it's safe to say that Luthor may not have been 100% forthcoming.
4. You presume to know the extent of Aqualad's mission? Wait four more weeks and then if you want, ask again.
5. You're assuming he doesn't own Wayne Enterprises outright?
1. Is Artemis strong in science?
2. With all of her trick arrows, is she good in physics or engineering?
3. Where does she get her arrows?
Thanks for Young Justice :D It is my favorite show right now.
3. She makes a lot of them. Green Arrow makes some of them for her.